[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: snail cat.jpg (14KB, 480x567px) Image search: [Google]
snail cat.jpg
14KB, 480x567px
Is it normal to leave your cat outside over night? or not give it a collar? I see this one cat around for years now that does not have a collar and roams around the neighborhood all night. Its friendly and sorta chubby so I know for sure its not a stray.
>>
File: 1369096703331.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1369096703331.gif
2MB, 500x222px
>>2456550
>cat
>outside
>>
>>2456550
Some people do it.

They also, very frequently, end up with dead cats.
>>
>>2456554
>>2456613
This. My mom has had 11 cats. Each one died/lost because they either got a disease, they ate something poisonous, they got infected by a tick. they got ran over, got ate by a dog, jumped over a fence, got taken by someone, someone killed it, a wild animal got to it, they got lost and starved to death or they go into the open sewers and drown. You are drastically reducing your cats lifespan, life-quality, happiness and affect towards you by having them outside. So don't fucking do it.
>>
>>2456618
*affection
>>
>>2456618
How did she not learn her lesson by the time the fourth cat died?
>>
>>2456618
>they got lost and starved to death
You had some retarded cats, kinda doubt you tracked every single one down it sounds more like you are just listing everything you can think of.

>>2456550
My cat does not have a collar and he lives in a car outside. I live in rural area and he does his job of keeping the critters in check. Out here it is uncommon to see a cat with a collar. The only thing >>2456618
Said that is true is the lifespan is usually decreased. He seems happy, lays around in the sun, follows us around when we are outside, and loves to climb on your lap and get petted.
>>
>>2456550
just a lazy, irresponsible owner.
>>
>>2458557
>he does his job of keeping the critters in check
disrupting the ecosystem is not a good thing you fucktard
>>
File: cat in natural habitat.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cat in natural habitat.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
Daily reminder that keeping your cat indoors is animal cruelty.
Every cat that has no opportunity to go outside is a letargic, joyless and mentally ill creature that smells like piss, just like its owner.
Both should be put down in their own interest.
>>
>>2458564

Having pests fuck up your house and your garden is not a good thing
>>
File: wut.jpg (134KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
134KB, 512x384px
>>2458995
>Daily reminder that keeping your cat indoors is animal cruelty.
Agreed
>Both should be put down in their own interest.
Wait, WHAT?
>>
>>2459092
How is keeping your cat indoors cruel exactly? Cats like safe places and hey like sleeping. If you give a cat plenty of exercise and stuff to do, what's wrong with keeping it indoors? They live much longer on average than outdoor cats, they don't get into fights, and they don't get hit by cars
>>
>>2458557
It sounds like you have a barn cat which they prefer to be outside. Your cat is not every cat, and many environments are not well suited for cats to be outdoors. Rural areas are because there's less people and less cars and less trouble they can get into
>>
I let my cats go outside without collars, but I don't usually leave them out over night. I prefer to have them inside at night because we have coyotes that roam the neighborhood. One actually ate my boyfriends cat.
Anyways, the times they are out over night is because they were too stupid and stubborn to come in when I called them to. They usually listen (they watched the other cat get eaten) and if they don't then I'm not gonna wait by the door or go chase them.
>>
>>2456550
my kot has no collar and he walks at night outdoors sometimes
>>
>>2459109
Im not OP but i tried super hard to resist letting my cat outside. For about a year she would meow at the door and wait near it and beg anyone to let her out. I dont remember if i relented or if she got out because shes fast but she just lays on my deck chasing bugs. Shes a majority black tortie and she loves being out at night in the summer chasing all the boogums, but she never leaves the deck. She loves being outside, its the happiest she ever is, and I, like OP, think it is cruel to deprive a semiferal animal that opportunity.

Granted i have 4 acres of woods behind the house and an acre of lawn, so a pretty good buffer between the outside world
>>
>>2459138
Your cat sounds like an indoor cat that simply has the personal restraint not to go outside. I would consider your porch an extension of your home if she literally never leaves it.
>>
>>2458564
If the ecosystem us wrecking my shit then it can get rekted.
>>
>>2459111
>It sounds like you have a barn cat which they prefer to be outside. Your cat is not every cat, and many environments are not well suited for cats to be outdoors. Rural areas are because there's less people and less cars and less trouble they can get into
He's not a barn cat he's a big tomcat that wandered into the yard as a kitten. We feed him the Rachel Ray catfood and any fresh roadkill we find so he gets the protein he needs. As for outdoor cats not being suited for certain environments you are probably right, I have no experience with urban areas so I cannot speak for them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.