[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a rabbit a good choice for a pet???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: rabbit.jpg (39KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
rabbit.jpg
39KB, 550x365px
Is a rabbit a good choice for a pet???
>>
No they such
>>
>>2456448
why??
>>
i like rabbits
they're stupid and mostly untrainable except for the ability to shit and piss in a box
much like a cat except they don't smell like toxic waste cooked in rancid oil
they can be destructive though
>>
>>2456446
It depends on you, op, and what you want in a pet.
>>
>>2456463
Mostly what you would get from a dog but with less maintenance.
>>
>>2456472
Get a chicken.
Why can't you get a dog? They're one of the lowest maintenance animals that are affectionate and dog like.
Everything like a dog will require more maintenance. A chicken can be a good house pet and can be clicker trained and potty trained, but their bedding and food can get expensive. They might actually require the same maintenance as a dog, though (fresh water daily, bedding change once a month, refill feeder whenever empty, dust baths/baths) . A chinchilla can be loving and dog like, but requires a lot of space and and a specific temperature at all times,(pluss no weekly cleaning, all wood/metal cage or fleece covers, deep cleaning monthly along with bedding change) but they're much more dog like than a rabbit. And I've had luck with oranda goldfish as well. They're like sea doggos. My fish would follow me around the room and constantly swim up to me. You can teach them tricks top, but I never tried. Again, it'll require more maintenance. (water checks every day, water change monthly, deep cleaning whenever water change doesn't fix ammonia problems or other issues as much as it should, filter change monthly, all kinds of fish related care stuff and scooping up debris of food and poop whenever you see them floating around the tank)
I hear rats are dog like, but I don't personally have any experience with them.
I've had 4 rabbits in my life and didn't really enjoy any of them. They're pretty dumb, in my opinion.
>>
>>2456482
>plus no weekly cleaning

Sorry, I meant bi-weekly cleaning.
>>
>>2456482
>Why can't you get a dog? They're one of the lowest maintenance animals that are affectionate and dog like.

I'm kinda busy, so i wouldn't have much time to take them for walks, and i think they would get more stressed from staying all day in my apartment.
I just want some affectionate pet to keep me company.
>>
>>2456482
>dogs
>low maintenance
>complaining about corn being expensive when you're feeding a carnivore

lele
>>
>>2456490
I think some rats or an oranda may be your best bet.
Honestly, I wouldn't get a pet at all if I was super busy and lived in an apartment.
>>
>>2456527
>feeding chickens only corn
What
Anyways, It's the bedding that really does it. Quality bedding is one expense you don't have to deal with when owning a dog and 6 cubic feet only lasts for two months or less. coops can be more than five hundred dollars, oyster shells and grits are another monthly expense you don't have to deal with with dogs and then there's kitty litter or diaper pads for indoor chickens, chicken safe dirt for dust baths, and If I'm not mistaken they require more vaccinations.
>>
I’ve got two Holland Lop bunnies, a couple of things;

>they will chew cords and shit; rip $100 MacBook charger
>they shit and piss everywhere unless you litter train them and spay/neuter them
>they basically have to be neutered/spayed to avoid getting cancer and other health issues down the road
>they usually like being in pairs, get one bunny, once he grows up a bit get him a spayed female mate, two boys (especially brothers) are prone to fighting
>keep them cage free otherwise they get depressed and become dumb

Otherwise they make really cute unique pets, and if you’re renting its easy to pass them off as “caged animals”. They’re quiet and they don’t smell as long as you keep them clean.
>>
>>2456560

Can I get 2 female rabbits or will they get mother nature weird and eat each other?

How much do rabbit spays cost?
>>
You need two (2) rabbits unless you can stay around it most of the day. They can be potty trained by either watching them trying to take a shit and quickly grabbing and deposing them in the litter box or just shove the litter box where they prefer to shit.

Personality-wise it's a mixed bag like every other pet, mine used to come running when I came home from school.
>>
File: 1480099929076.gif (3MB, 600x308px) Image search: [Google]
1480099929076.gif
3MB, 600x308px
>>2456633
Two females are also prone to fighting. Bunny fights are surprisingly viscous. Male/Female really is the best bet for bunnies. Spays/Neuters vary between vets, but I paid $300 to fix my two buns. If you do get bunnies, be sure to either get a circle pen (like for dogs) instead of a cage, or a baby gate for their space.
>>
>>2456461
Rabbits are far smarter than cats. Cats are barley sentient.
>>
>>2456446
>dumber than a pet rock
>not affectionate
>massive destruction
>prone to dying suddenly of weird diseases
>can be aggressive to the point of biting and scratching the everloving shit out of you and murdering their hutch-mates
>shit and piss everywhere

They have literally nothing going for them other than that they're cute and soft.
>>
>>2459353
This, mine just died on the 28th. He was mean as shit but I loved him. I paid over $6000 for radiation when he got a thymoma and he survived for 8 more months of an unrelated cause. Smdh, never buy pure breeds.
>>
>>2456446
Bro tier pet. I was a bun doubter until shown the truth by my then future wife. Just get a mellow shorthair like a lop for your first.
t. high test redneck dogfag
>>
>>2459355
mine has a thymoma too :(
but my vet's more of a realist and less of a scammer so he recommended against treating it
i'm just going to wait until she shows signs of respiratory problems and then euthanize her
>>
File: faggot.jpg (78KB, 859x637px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
78KB, 859x637px
I love mine. She's been the best behaved pet I've ever owned. Almost completely silent save a few things getting thrown around in her cage.

GET ONE FROM A LOCAL BREEDER HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>2459471
>alone
>in that cage
poor creature
>>
I used to have one ! I loved him ! Try to make him grew with rules, like use a special place for poop and pi and let him visit the house, it s a little piece of life at home, enjoy !
>>
>>2459464
The only reason I went for it was because we were comped a significant portion. We live in Davis, CA and UC Davis is literally the best rated veterinary school in the world. Our doctor was really cool we still talk. If youre a norcalifag you should consider your options
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.