[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humans. Herbivores, or omnivores?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 29

File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Humans. Herbivores, or omnivores?
>>
i like meat :)
>>
>>2456440
Modified frugivores. Frugivores specifically adapted to employ other food sources. "Omnivore" isn't specific enough.
>>
om·ni·vore
ˈämnəˌvôr/Submit
noun
an animal or person that eats food of both plant and animal origin.

Omnivores, what a stupid question.
>>
>>2456440
What if I sustain myself on minerals and all forms of shit and piss??
Captcha: presto
>>
>>2456440
physiologically, herbivores. behaviorally, opportunistic omnivores
>>
File: herbivores.jpg (57KB, 564x374px) Image search: [Google]
herbivores.jpg
57KB, 564x374px
>>2456440
Humans can eat animals. Its good for humans to eat animals. Eating animals was probably necessary for the development of our brains. Our ancestors probably ate meat going back millions of years.

I think its safe to go with omnivores.
>>
>>2456440
Memeivores
>>
>>2456598
mmm... physiologically, i'd say omnivores as well
>>
>>2456616
Nah. We have flat teeth (incisors are tiny and for splitting roots) our intestines are very long like an herbivores. We have no claws or natural takedown weapons, and our stomach acid is very weak.

Imagine a person taking down a gazelle and eating it without tools. Even eating a dead fish with no means of processing the corpse would be very difficult, and if done within an hour or two of the fishs death theyd get ill
>>
>>2456635
Intelligence > sharp claws

Something you clearly lack.
>>
>>2456635
humans aren't supposed to be omnivores because we're similar to herbivores... even though meat has been a vital staple of our diet for millions of years.
>Imagine a person taking down a gazelle and eating it without tools
>without tools
"imagine a bird flying without wings. sounds dumb right? thus birds are obviously not meant for flight."
>>
>>2456598
this
eating less meat and following a diet closer to our other Homo cousins might be better for us physically, but the increased consumption of meat is why we have bigger brains.
>>
>>2456641
Nice. Deflection. I suppose we are not mammals, but fish because we invented submarines. Or birds because we can now fly. We are physiologically herbivores. No number of ovens, knives, and restaurants change that anymore than contact lenses change the fact that someone is nearsighted
>>
>>2456648
Whatever you say, snowflake.
>>
>>2456648
>humans aren't physiologically adapted for tool use
are you fucking retarded?
are you gonna say beavers aren't physiologically adapted for building dams next?
>>
>>2456635
By that logic otters shouldn't eat oysters & clams since they need rocks to crack them open. Same thing with ravens dropping nuts onto rocks. And plenty of other animals that use simple tools to access food.

Humans have been using fire & tools to process food (not just meat, but plenty of plants need processing to be edible as well) since before we became homo sapiens; you can't separate the evolution of our digestive track from the evolution of our tool making ability. Rather than sharp incisors to tear away flesh, we evolved the ability to use sharp rocks to do the same And so on.
>>
>>2456651
Im not vegan if thats what youre implying. I raise cattle. I also accept the facts. We are physiologically herbivores. I accept that we process and cook meat. I accept that nearly every human culture utilizes meat. I accept that vaccines, vehicles, and currency are all unnatural but useful things. But it doesn't change the fact that we have flat teeth, long intestines, no inborn weapons, and very weak stomach acid, all of which are characteristic PHYSIOLOGICALLY of herbivores, not omnivores not carnivores.

If that triggers you, argue with facts you nigger cuck faggot
>inb4 mad
Im mad you don't know rhetoric
>>
>>2456635
https://veganbiologist.com/2016/01/04/humans-are-not-herbivores/
https://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm
>>
>>2456665
At least youre making a real argument and not crying for a safe space. I like that article and it makes excellent points. I still think human physiology is ill suited to consume meat the way carnivores and omnivores typically do, but i didn't know the prehumans used fire thats really interesting. Maybe im using a more rigid parameter for omnivore.

Still, deer eat and digest raw baby birds. Nobody calls them omnivores
>>
>>2456663
>humans can eat meat without problems
>OBVIOUSLY THE CONCLUSION HERE IS THAT HUMANS CAN ONLY PHYSICALLY EAT PLANT MATERIAL
bravo retard
>>
>>2456663
humans have adapted over millions of years to be effective hunters for meat-eating but our teeth are flat so I guess we're herbivores folks!
>>
>>2456669
>my inbred cousin ate a rock
>my inbred cousin is a rock monster from the never-ending story
Tumblr logic you nigger
>>
>>2456663
Idk about your snowflake ass but I have four very sharp teeth that can easily rip meat if need be. You forget how much pressure we can exert with our jaws too. We can rip skin with little effort. Also we possess thumbs which are an evolutionary one up on literally every creature. Mixed with intelligence our weapons are a byproduct of our own nature. If lions could make spears to hunt gazelles yhey wouldn't need claws huh? Too bad they're stupid, like you. Take your bullshit elsewhere.

sage
>>
>>2456672
>sage
More proof youre triggered. We know what incisors are for. Its not debatable. You aren't a vampire with fangs no matter how many deviant art drawings you do, princess
>>
>>2456668
>the species that is fully capable of eating and digesting meat without problem and all but a few of them including meat into their diet is somehow physiologically a herbivore
>>2456671
>humans can consume and digest meat without issue
>that clearly means they're herbivores because of my retarded metaphor
You're really not helping your case by digging a deeper hole.
>>
>>2456673
We also know what humans are, which are omnivores. It's not debatable. You aren't capable of not eating meat no matter how many logical fallacies you do, princess.
>>
>>2456673
Whatever helps you sleep at night, snowflake.

sage
>>
vitamin B12. we need it in our diet, couldn't get it until very recently -- evolutionarily speaking -- anywhere except by eating other animals. how did we evolve to require a vitamin which we could only get in sufficient quantity by eating other animals?
>>
>>2456635
Actually, our jaws and teeth are a prime example of why we're omnivorous. The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations. Also i'm so tired of hearing that retarded intestine argument. Intestinal absorption is a surface area, not a lineaar problem.
>>
>>2456671
>my ancestors have adapted specifically for meat-eating for millions of years, and also eat plant material
>my species is omnivorous
This clearly makes no sense at all
>>
File: IMG_0913.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.png
263KB, 420x420px
>2020-3
>not eating beef jerky
ishygddt
>>
>>2456678
you're a special kind of stupid
>>
>>2456689
He's right though. All vegans have to take supplements or eat that fake meat shit to get the essential aminos red meat provides. If that isn't the biggest flaw in vegan logic I don't know what is. No one cares if you don't like meat, but saying we aren't supposed to is just plain wrong. Enjoy your deficiencies.
>>
File: 1459231731880.jpg (20KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1459231731880.jpg
20KB, 317x265px
>>2456689
>got nothing to say
>better call him stupid
>>
>>2456694
>All vegans have to take supplements
or eat specifically fortified foods. a lot of effort to work around something that should be readily available in our herbivorous diet
>>
>>2456689
>gives nothing to support his insult
hurrr durrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>2456689
non meat-eating humans literally need to take supplements or use meat substitutes so they don't fall ill and die.
>>
>>2456677
when you have nothing better to say because is retarded
>sage

also wasted dubs
>>
>>2456702
>>2456696
this
I have absolutely nothing against vegans who choose to eat that way for whatever reason, moral, health, etc, but to claim that it's the natural way for humans to eat is incredibly disingenuous.
>>
>>2456641
That doesn't change our biology. One theory goes that poisonous foods/hallucinogens are what helped give us the jump in intelligence, which gave us the tools to hunt for meat.
>>
>>2456838
Ah yes, you mean our biology that allows us to eat meat and include it as a significant portion of our diet and thus be classified scientifically and biologically as omnivores?
>>
File: whatcha thinkin about.jpg (73KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
whatcha thinkin about.jpg
73KB, 540x338px
>>2456838
>LSD and Psilocybin aided evolution of intelligence
What hippy burnout did you hear that from?
>>
>>2456694
>All vegans have to take supplements
Not a vegan but the only thing you absolutely need to supplement is b12. In some places with wells you don't even need to supplement b12 because it's already in drinking water. "Before" you would get it from streams and shit the same.

You can get essential aminos from a vegan diet in proper ratios but you have to be slightly aware of the foods that have proper levels. You don't need a copious amount of them to be healthy.

>>2456731
>health
Meh either way vegan diet compared to a balanced diet isn't healthier.

90% of the battle in having good blood lipids and shit is being the proper weight and muscle:fat ratio and getting enough exercise. Eating a steak once every 2 weeks, or eating a few whole eggs every morning isn't really bad for you. Eating a hyper-processed meat like salami and shit is fucking awful for you though
>>
>>2456916
>90% of the battle in having good blood lipids and shit is being the proper weight and muscle:fat ratio and getting enough exercise.
I should add that obviously the layman who puts no thought into diet and doesn't exercise will be more likely to maintain a proper weight on a vegan diet and therefore healthier than chowing down mcdonalds and kfc 4x a week... but srs not that hard to get moderate education and start exercise
>>
>>2456440
omnivores
>>
>>2456670
Humans obviously killed megafauna because they were competing with us over leaves, not because we ate them :^)
>>
>>2456596
Would that be a coprovore?
>>
>>2456440
I'm not sure what plants have to do with it I am a pure carnivore I would never eat a defenseless plant.
>>
>>2456635
My incisors are huge all of them and my canines use about 1/3 of my mouth and my canines are really big I used to be picked on for them.
>>
File: 1416912188068.jpg (48KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1416912188068.jpg
48KB, 500x479px
>>2456635
>>2456663
>>2456838
Just because you want it to be that way doesn't make it so anon.
If you want to convert more normies you need to stop lying to them.
>>
If we were carnivores, we'd be able to make Vitamin C on our own.

If we were herbivores, we'd be able to make B12 on our own.

We can't, so we are omnivores.
>>
>>2456970
t. Werewolf
>>
>>2456955
ikr we are obviously classified as predators to hunt for all those leaves my dude
>>
>>2456635
Panda teeth and digestive system are made for meat though they seldom do unless it's presented to them(or finds a carcass).

Humans are not the only animals to use tools either and you can absolutely rip open a carcass with your teeth. Probably not a mammoth or rhino nor can we bite through thick bones but the human bite force is stronger than people give it credit for. We don't need to bite through bones to begin with since we have thumbs and tools.

Checkmate, vegans.
>>
>>2456440
The categories are descriptive, not prescriptive.

They're not classifications, they just describe what animals eat.

some humans are herbivores. Most humans are omnivores.
>>
>>2456635
>and our stomach acid is very weak.
aren't plants harder to digest than meats?
>>
>>2457372
yep a vegan using proof that we aren't herbivores... k
>>
>>2457372
"harder to digest" does not imply "stronger stomach acid."

carnivores have much stronger stomach acid than herbivores because herbivores use bacteria to digest food rather than just acid.

Humans use both. Our stomach acid is stronger than an herbivores but not as strong as a carnivores, which is not surprising since we're omnivores.
>>
Humans are natural omnivores, hunters hunted and gatherers gathered and went back to share the food if they felt like it
>>
>>2457420
you're wasting your time trying to use science. they'll just call you a cuck vegan and insist deep fried veal has more vitamin C than lemons.
>>
>>2457433
>which is not surprising since we're omnivores.
From the post you quoted.
Are vegans so retarded they can't even bother to read anymore? I mean I'm not surprised considering they think humans are fucking herbivores, but still.
>>
>>2457454
i'm not vegan. see? you proved my point. you missed the opportunity to call >>2457426 a vegan too, even though he said people are omnivores, he did mention human stomachs have more in common with herbivores than omnivores. That's a big NO-NO, right?
>>
>>2457456
>he did mention human stomachs have more in common with herbivores than omnivores
[Citation needed]
>>
>>2457456
Humans cannot readily digest cellulose and have a much reduced colon and a much increased small intestinal intact compared to herbivorous primates to account for high levels of meat in the hominid diet.
>>
File: yummy chicks.webm (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
yummy chicks.webm
1MB, 320x240px
>even herbivores
are opportunistic carnivores

Caribou will eat eggs
Chickens eat mice...
>>
>>2456440
>2017
>he still can't protosynthesis
smdh tbqh familia
>>
>>2456635
tools count my nigga
>>
>>2457478
The gorilla is the only one who deserves their small intestines.
>>
>>2456635
>Imagine a person taking down a gazelle and eating it without tools.
that's a retarded scenario, humans depend on tools and intelligence for everything. i could also make a scenario where a carni/omnivore is deprived of their main weapons when hunting/feeding
>>
Humans are cannibals
>>
>>2457593
that only happens on extreme situations (or cultural ones) desu
>>
>>2456635
Flesh is far more fragile than you give it credit for.
Neither scenario is particularly difficult. Granted, I've only had experience chasing down deer for fun, not antelope. Yeah, actually consuming it would be a pain without tools, but it's certainly doable. Once you've bitten a tiny hole, your fingers can work it wide open.
Even moreso for fish or rabbit, they rip apart quite easily with no teeth involved.
>>
>>2457597
Or maybe that only doesn't happen because of cultural reason.
>>
>>2457627
>Or maybe that only doesn't happen because of cultural reason.
Interesting......
>>
>>2457641
doubt it. in cultural situations (as previously mentioned) cannibalism only happens in extreme cases like when someone has betrayed the people or if they are enemies; it's not just "i'm hungry let's eat billy." Also the fact that so few cannibalistic societies exists kind of proves that humans are not inherently cannibalistic and it's also interesting to note that most if not all non-opportunistic predators are almost never cannibalistic, and when they are it's usually because of lack of prey. Oportunistic feeders, such as king snakes, take whatever they can get and don't care what it is, so they tend to eat their own species if they come across it, but humans actively choose what food they like or dislike.

Pic is of king snake resorting to eating itself most likely due to malnutrition.
>>
>>2457688
Snake must be delicious, look at this happy fuck.
>>
File: 1CKilcv.jpg (42KB, 357x476px) Image search: [Google]
1CKilcv.jpg
42KB, 357x476px
>humans invent tools
>eat the fuck out of meat, fly on planes
>no need to evolve canines and claws or wings

>OMG WE'RE ALL VEGANS
>>
>>2457700
double dubs chekt
>>
>>2457702
banana girl logic
>>
>>2457688
I was mostly joking but
>when someone has betrayed the people or if they are enemies
We are naturally against killing our own kind, usually it is necessary something to distance the killer and the victim and those are great distances. That's why if we were to be cannibals it would be necessary to farm people from elsewhere, creating wars like crazy. It's just not sustainable.
>>
>>2456598
fuck off vegan
>>
>>2456635
fuck off vegan
>>
File: Enable- Secondary (4).jpg (7KB, 200x144px) Image search: [Google]
Enable- Secondary (4).jpg
7KB, 200x144px
>>2456635
>>
>>2457688
Actually it's more likely a cannibalistic society will eat a family member or the eating of a person will be seen as an act of peace rather than revenge or war. It's mostly because of biased reporting and violent tribes randomly engaging in cannibalism in an unritualistic manner that the stigma holds over. It's actually theorized ritualized cannibalism could be a hold over from early hominids hiding the bodies of the dead from predators the best way they knew how: eating them. So it just became tradition to eat your friends and family once they passed for the safety of the tribe.
>>
>>2457688
Well, some of us cannibals.
>>
>>2456678
This is true, I'm vegetarian and I do have to take supplements, logically some form of meat eating is natural to humans
>>
>>2458061
then why tf are you vegetarian
>>
>>2458077
>highly complex brains and emotions
>make decisions based on data and feelings
>believe in societal reasons for reducing meat intake
>hold personal moral convictions about eating animals
I'm not vegetarian but you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>2458077
Certain religious beliefs, also I don't necessarily like the meat industry...
>>
>>2458083
>isn't a sadist
kys
>>
>>2456635
Humans can actually handle raw meat better than you might think. Some inuits consume no vegetables, instead just eating tons of deer, always raw, and the meat is often crawling with parasites and bacteria. They don't employ any remotely complex processing methods, and also consume almost no fat which is generally considered an essential nutrient. It'd be more dangerous for a city-slicker to eat that way because they wouldn't be used to it, but humans in general are pretty resilient and versatile as long as the body is conditioned to handle their diet and environment since youth.
>>
>>2458153
i think that after generations of doing this, the inuits have probably evolved to have a more resistant immune system. If I were to go out and eat some random mite infested deer i can guarantee you that my body wouldn't react the same as theirs
>>
>>2456441
>>2456663
>>2456668
>>2456966
>>2457141
>>2457420
I love it when someone says, "I'm a carnivore!" then I tell them that in order to be a carnivore they need to eat fresh meat without cooking it. As in bloody meat, since cooking is a form of digestion outside the body. In fact, they are more a carrion eater than a carnivore because of that. This is especially true with aged meats were the fungi helps to breakdown the meat and add flavor to it.

>>2457511
Just about everything is opportunistic. That's why you have cows and horses occasionally eating rabbits and stuff. They are not evolved to hunt, but when such a food packet comes along they take advantage of the situation. Life is ruled by 3 questions:

1: Can I eat it?
2: Will it eat me?
3: Can I fuck it?
>>
Granivores desu.
>>
>>2458061
>>2456678
When I tried out vegetarianism then later veganism, I didn't take supplements. Instead, I research what foods I needed to eat in order to make up for what I'd be deficient in. For B12, I merely started eating my own home grown lettuce without washing it (checked for snail/slug trails so I'd not eat that and end up with some nasty parasite like rat lungworm). The amount of insect feces on the leaves (usually not noticeable) has more than enough Vitamin B12 for the human diet. Since I grow my own food, not washing some of the leafy vegetables, was enough to maintain my body's store of B12.

However, a seaweed/sea vegetable known as, "purple laver," has naturally occurring Vitamin B12 in it.

I stopped all that vegan/vegetarian nonsense when I became a full time farmer. I was really only trying a different diet for health reasons. Since I farm almost all my food now, I can eat meat that I raise/hunt, which will be completely free of any "possibly detrimental" things like plant-based systemic pesticides from feed or anti-biotics. I found that a diet low in meat was much better than a diet without any meat. My meat sources now are crayfish, fish, poultry, capretto, beef, and venison. Since, I only eat 1-2 meals a week with meat, I don't need to raise very many animals.
>>
File: 1495995479611.jpg (11KB, 448x335px) Image search: [Google]
1495995479611.jpg
11KB, 448x335px
>>2458265
>The amount of insect feces on the leaves (usually not noticeable) has more than enough Vitamin B12 for the human diet.

>eating insect shit to make up for lack of meat
>>
File: Poop-eatingCR2.jpg (124KB, 800x577px) Image search: [Google]
Poop-eatingCR2.jpg
124KB, 800x577px
>>2458265
>The amount of insect feces on the leaves (usually not noticeable) has more than enough Vitamin B12 for the human diet
>usually not noticeable
oy found you on google
>>
>>2458268
>>eating insect shit to make up for lack of meat
>>eating insect
Why don't we just eat insects and worms and stuff, anons? Most of them can't feel actual pain and just sense that they were touched. Also I want to eat a grasshopper, sounds like a crunchy treat, delicious af
>>
>>2458299
are you by any chance part Chinese?
>>
>>2458095
>>2458083
>>2458077
>>2458061
It's true, I was not always a vegetarian, but once I switched I noticed my personal health improving a bit. Now I'm not arguing that full vegetarianism is evolutionary right, but there are certain groups of people that are strictly vegetarian, not just people on the veganism movement in the west, but Buddhists, Jains and some Hindus, who have been vegetarian for centuries. They seem to be fine people fine healthy people from my perspective.
>>
File: 1498500252384.jpg (7KB, 159x153px) Image search: [Google]
1498500252384.jpg
7KB, 159x153px
>>2456635
>no natural takedown weapons

Because we don't need them. Our brains are phenomenal at pattern recognition. It's the single thing that sets us apart from all other animals. Observing how animals act and migrate makes us excellent trappers and hunters. We are literally the most successful predators on the planet. I don't get why THAT DOESN'T COUNT THOUGH.

I mean if you want a completely physical weapon, because brains are physical for some reason, it would be our ability to run for incredibly long times on two legs. Like everything is faster than us, but we can run longer than anything out there. We can run so long that an animal will collapse out of exhaustion so then all we have to do is jog up and poke it with a stick. We could leap on it and tear out it's jugular with our teeth but it's easier and less dangerous to just poke it with a stick.

The actual design of our digestion system and the shape of our teeth is clearly omnivorous though. We've got meat cutting teeth and plant grinding teeth. Yeah, our digestive system is long and complex for digesting plant matter but it's also super fucking good at digesting meat too.
>>
File: DogBone.webm (732KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
DogBone.webm
732KB, 426x426px
If we aren't omnivorous than why are both plants and animals delicious? The only reason we find things tasty is because it has nutrient we require to survive. Things like meat and fat are extra tasty because, before animal husbandry, meat and fats were rare but jam packed full of nutrient we could use.

Sure, calories these days are a bad thing because we have so much food available. Dial it back before we figured out this whole farming thing and calories were one of the two MOST IMPORTANT THINGS EVER. The other thing being water.
>>
>>2458503
wood tastes bad
>>
>>2458259
I eat raw meat on the reg. fuck you hippy
>>
>>2458652
No it doesn't. It's not good either but it's not bad. Sawdust is in all kinds of food.
>>
>>2458672
sawdust smells bad and is gross. you cannot deny
>>
>>2458259

Fire/cooking is a tool of humans, anon. It's part of our evolution.
>>
our body was built to be herbivorous, get over it
>>
>>2458815
Our body was built to be omnivorous and has been proven so by science, fact, logic and reality, get over it.
>>
Omnivore. Literally scientific fact.
>>
>>2458851
L I T E R A L L Y
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mkb04xBVul1qz4rgp.jpg (70KB, 450x498px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mkb04xBVul1qz4rgp.jpg
70KB, 450x498px
>>2458828
refer to pic related you faggot
>>
>>2458910
>tumblr
Also,
>>2456665
Also,
Omnivores are by definition organisms that eat both meat and plant matter, which humans do.
>>
I think in a survival situation humans are obviously opportunistic which usually means omnivorous

But with an abundance of nutrients and options available, there doesn't seem to be a healthy meat option

red and processed meats linked to cancer, heart disease, strokes, etc

fish linked to parasites and metal poisonings

poultry linked to parasites and a staple of common diseases

pork lol
I enjoy meat, I really do. But I also want to live long and healthily

tough choices man
>>
>>2458928
read up on the inuit tribe. they are basically carnivores and are doing fine
>>
>>2458914
Meat isn't healthy dingus
>>
>>2458950
And yet it is a primary source of proteins and necessary vitamins for a majority of humans.
It is also digestible by said humans and forms a significant portion of their diet on average.
Ergo, humans are omnivores.
>inb4 you miss the point of the post entirely somehow
>>
>>2458952
then why would it have so many health risks
>>
>>2458972
Did you know that if you conveniently cherrypick the health risks of eating plant materials and ignore the health benefits of plant materials you would also come to a conclusion that plants are a health risk and therefore humans are obviously carnivores and it's equally as retarded as claiming humans are herbivores despite science and everything else except uncited easily refutable fallacious garbage by vegans claiming otherwise?
>>
>>2458972
because humans evolved to live long enough to reproduce and raise their kids. Anything after that evolution simply doesn't care about.
>>
>>2457688
snek
>>
>>2456440
What kinda fucking question is that? omnivore. no fucking discussion.
>>
>>2458153
>and also consume almost no fat
They consume tons of fat, the hell were you reading?
>>
>>2459022
usually wild animals are very lean, so not as much fat as an american chicken
>>
>>2459045
They legit eat whale blubber.
>>
>>2459117

Yes. And their livers are adapted to deal with high amounts of seal and whale blubber. That anon is an idiot.

Too much protein will kill you. After so much the body cannot process it anymore, you burn out your kidneys and you die of rabbit starvation.
>>
Meme answer: scavengers.
I can't believe someone just argued humans are herbivores because we need tools. That's the point, without fire and tools we'd be stupid apes with nothing going for us and we'd be extinct. Almost every ape and monkey is an omnivore, we're no exception, in fact, we're far worse off than the average chimp if we don't have meat. We've adapted to cooking allowing us easy access to nutrients.
>>
>>2456440
Humans can eat any living thing so all of the deferent diets
>>
>>2458259
Yeah, our ancestors ate cooked meat before they figured out how fires worked. We definitely could never have evolved to eat raw meat
>>
>>2458259
>As in bloody meat, since cooking is a form of digestion outside the body
wat. We do this with steaks all the time. We only sear the outside as a precaution because shitty factory farming increases the risk of bacterial contamination. Digesting raw meat isn't a problem for humans lol
>>
>>2459239
inb4 "what r u talking about? we cook them halfway through..."

>pleb never had a blue rare steak
>>
>>2458928
>parasites
Vegetables have much more parasites than meat.
They can also be safely eliminated.
>metal poisoning
It is caused by human actions.

I have no idea what you have against pork but it must be bullshit.
>>2459233
>evolved to eat raw meat
What?
>>
>>2459248
Only things I can really think of for pork are trichinosis and a bacteria that causes food poisoning. While the former has nearly been eliminated with better feeding practices, the vast majority of raw pork in the US is tests positive for the later. Just like virtually all of our raw chicken for sale is fucking nasty.
>>
>>2459257
Both pork and chicken are cooked through so it isn't a big deal, maybe for bacon, that's about it. Either way, I eat wild game which is full of even worse garbage and diseases, I've only gotten sick from duck, which isn't even good.
>>
>>2459338
but you've still gotten sick. our body isn't meant for that
>>
>>2459338

What the fuck are you eating? I have never, ever gotten sick from eating meat.
>>
>>2459362
>Our body isn't meant for that
Yes it is? If our bodies weren't meant to get sick they wouldn't have an immune system
>>
>>2459405
disgusting freshly slaughtered bodies
>>
>>2459424
Our bodies aren't built to be sick, the immune system is a defense mechanism
>>
File: (You).png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>2456598
>physiologically, herbivores

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_digestive_system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunting
>>
>>2456635
>We have no claws or natural takedown weapons
Ahem, what are fists and legs? Humans are fairly flexible and can solo most smaller animals. We can easily strangle smaller animals and take on larger animals such as bears (though you probably won't come out unscathed.)
>>
>>2458928
Ya know you can get parasites from unwashed/uncooked vegetables too. Also the word "linked". There's a difference between causation and correlation.
>>
File: Puss.jpg (29KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
Puss.jpg
29KB, 500x344px
Try eating strictly raw vegan for a few days and tell me how much better you feel. It's not placebo.

Movies:
>Forks Over Knives
>Earthlings
>Dirt

Youtube:
>John Rose
He is the best and most experienced I have found. He does not sell anything.

Doctors:
>Max Gerson
>Dr Campbell(China Study)
>>
File: Pink slime.gif (56KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pink slime.gif
56KB, 1200x720px
>>2459547
So, blanch your veggies or just wash them throughly.

Parasite cleanses:
>Eating the tobacco from one whole ciggarette
>Eating 200 seeds from a papaya per day for a week
>Black walnut hull
>Raw tea and cold pressed green juice

Funny how the cure is always coming from plants. Most meat maggots don't understand nutrition. They do however know where:

>The liquor store is
>Their favorite T.V. show
>The nearest strip club is
>Their favorite porn sites
>Some meaningless and trivial shit like what a fucking celebrity is wearing or dating.

Face the music meat eaters. You are loosing your health and freedom. You can't fight for freedom when you are diabetic and have heart disease.
>>
File: 1502822763951.jpg (44KB, 444x296px) Image search: [Google]
1502822763951.jpg
44KB, 444x296px
>>2459558
>>2459552
So in conclusion.... The media is owned by jewish and zionist scumbags who promote degenerate behaviors, and sell poison to our kids. Hmmmm I wonder who could be behind this?

The Rothschilds funded Israel(terrorist state funding ISIS) and are backing Soros, who backs Hillary, who was involved in pizzagate, which is a small fragment of pedogate(international), ties into satanic roots.

They are trying to grow a tree of evil. Atop a mountain of lies.
>>
>here's objective proof by science that humans are by definition omnivores
>B-BUT MY POOR FRINGE SOURCES THAT DON'T EVEN DISPROVE THE CLAIM
>B-BUT MY GOALPOSTS MOVING
sasuga vegans
>>
>>2459561

You know you're posting an image containing a quote which is completely fake, right? Like, as fake as the "Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true- Abraham Lincoln" quote. I just wanted to make sure you know that.
>>
>>2459552
>>2459558
See>>2458974
Also, drop the arrogance and ad homs. You are why no one takes vegans seriously.
>>
>>2458974
im not vegan im a pescatarian
>>
>>2459685
The margin of error is bigger than the result itself and there is none for red meat, that graphic is useless.
>>
>>2456635
Humans best weapon against those animals is our endurance. Before we had bow and guns groups of humans used persistent hunting to chase animals until they got too tired to run away and then we simply beat them to death.
>>
>>2459602
Well it's as truthful as the garbage the vegans spread.
>>
File: 1503051628597.png (153KB, 385x325px) Image search: [Google]
1503051628597.png
153KB, 385x325px
Why are you fags talking like humans only eat one thing ever?
Why are you comparing us to cows or dogs when we're closest to pigs (another omnivore) when it comes to our digestive tract?
>>
>>2460323
Autistic people prefer neat dichotomies.
>>
>>2460323
shh your telling the ideologues the truth, don't overload the 3 working brain cells
>>
File: 1481100482089.jpg (94KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
1481100482089.jpg
94KB, 1200x787px
>>2456635
>our stomach acid is very weak
Excuse me, is hydrochloric acid not strong enough for you?
>>
>>2458259
>he's never had raw meat
people cook meat because it tastes nicer and because of risk of it being contaminated but humans are absolutely capable of digesting raw meat
>>
>>2456635
>our stomach acid is very weak.

so that's why human stomachs have a lining to prevent it digesting itself...
>>
>>2456635
>our stomach acid is very weak
>Even eating a dead fish with no means of processing the corpse would be very difficult, and if done within an hour or two of the fishs death theyd get ill

Guess I've been a freak all of these years for being able to eat delicious sushi. We already knew Japan was a bunch of freaks, so that's no surprise.

Thanks, vegan shill. I never would have known my freakiness before. Now to let my freak flag fly.
>>
>>2456440
You know, for a long time there was this funny thing that would happen to a human if they removed all animal product from their diet. It wasn't quick, but what happened was, they died of cobalamin deficiency. Somewhere along the line, human beings evolved to the point where they could not produce sufficient cobalamin by themselves. Who knows when, but probably after they started supplementing their diets with eggs and insects and eventually meat and milk and cheese.

And so, if they didn't partake of animal product up until sometime during the 1900s, when synthetic B12 was developed, they would. You know. Die a horrific death where their nerves and organs broke down.

Consider the human being before the globalisation of food. They rely on their local environment for sustenance. Many will not have access to grains or roots with higher protein, or a vegetable-based source of iron. If you remove insects and milk and eggs and meat from the diet, there are enormous deficiencies of both macronutrients and micronutrients. Sustainable population would not be possible.

Consider the digestive tract. Unlike the best of the herbivores, there is just a single stomach, not three or four. Unlike the horse or the panda, the human being has not evolved the capability to opt for a quanity-over-quality plant-based diet to make up for the lack of stomachs.

I don't even understand why this is a question. Humans are omnivorous.
>>
File: 20170312_204329.jpg (969KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_204329.jpg
969KB, 1920x1080px
>>2456689
>"You're stupid"
In other words you have no argument and feel like shitposting
>Sage
>>
File: 1440881762489.jpg (28KB, 351x303px) Image search: [Google]
1440881762489.jpg
28KB, 351x303px
You idiots are pretty funny. I've been eating raw pork for breakfast my whole life
>>
>>2459531
Not that anon, but to refine what he said: our bodies are meant to be able to handle and fight off disease on a regular basis, such as those found in our food.
>>
>>2462527
By evolution, I agree humans are omnivores. But we've fucked nature and evolution in the ass as a species. We can keep brain dead people alive for decades. We take harvest organs from one person and implant them into someone else to artificially extend their life. There are fewer and fewer diseases that are a death sentence. We can re attach severed limbs.

What we "evolved" to do, or are naturally meant to do, is so inconsequential in the modern age that it's more pedantic to point out that humans are omnivores by nature. If someone wants to sustain themselves on a diet of exclusively raw kale, we have the technology to let them be fuckig retarded.

t. Omnivore
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.