[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ant colony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: ant.jpg (28KB, 653x434px) Image search: [Google]
ant.jpg
28KB, 653x434px
If you have a ant colony, post here his race, history and a little picture.

If you have question or a advice, you are welcom
>>
>>2455919
Are Camponotus a good beginning species?
>>
>>2455945
How should i go at starting an Australian ant colony?
>>
meant to reply to OP>>2455952
>>
File: Myrmecia_gulosa.jpg (69KB, 500x333px)
Myrmecia_gulosa.jpg
69KB, 500x333px
>>2455945
Camponotus are fine, they just expand very slowly at first. You'll likely have them in a tube for more than a year, before they get into a formicarium. Which means you'd have to hibernate the tube, depending on your location. However, they're a really neat species and I think they'd be worth the effort.

>>2455952
Acquire test tubes, fill halfway with water, put in a cotton ball to keep it from flooding, and go find a queen.

One thing to be aware of is whether the queen is fully claustral or not, i.e. whether she'll need food straight off, or can subsist off of stored energy and wing muscles until she has nanitics to help her. You guys are spoiled for choice down there when it comes to ants, so take a look around online and see which one peaks your interest.

I would kill to get my hands on some of you Bull Ants. These big bastards are awesome. The queens are semi-claustral, which means you'd have to leave them in some sort of container that has a foraging space and feed them, but I think it'd be worth it. I believe they also have the best vision out of any of the bigger ant species, too.
>>
>>2455952
if you are in a middle hot territory, its safe for your species, just trye to not expose your ant of humidity in the hunt aera
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.