[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you autists deal with it when people stop and talk to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

How do you autists deal with it when people stop and talk to you when you're walking your dog?
I knew I would be stopped occasionally and asked to pet my dog but people are petting my dog without permission and trying to start conversations with me when I just want to walk my dog.
Why are people like this
>>
Tell them your dog bites. I tried 'this one doesn't like strangers' walking the one dog I know is just uncomfortable with people running up to her but nah they were like 'oh it's fine dogs love me'. Now if the bite thing doesn't work I just repeat it or something similar and go on with my walk or tell them to fuck off.

If I'm walking both dogs I'll let people pet the one who is more than happy to see them or other dogs. They go for the white fluffy one first but so far telling them she bites/doesn't like strangers has made hem back off or just pay attention to scary black dog.

Alternatively, walk your dog more in the evening or at night when other dog walkers are doing the same thing to avoid people.

My dog has never bitten anyone but I don't want to push it and not be responsible for some dumbass potentially getting bit so sometimes you just have to be an asshole about it or you'll get trapped in a pushy conversation how you should breed their dogs with theirs even though you have said multiple times they are spayed and are old ladies at this point anyway until they leave on their own accord.
>>
>>2454930
I used to own a showdog and everyone who saw her tried to get their filthy hands on her every single time.
Eventually I found out that if you start acting creepy people will try to avoid you, regardless of what you are walking with.
Try the following:
>You want to pet me too?
>I like it when you touch him like that
>Hey, want to hear about my card collection?
>Can I get your number? (Immediately after first contact)
>Wait! He might hump you if you get closer!
>Do you smell that? I think I just stepped on shit
>You look so hot like that
>Are you ovulating? I think he can smell that

Just use those and nobody will ever talk to you again, guaranteed.
>>
>>2454950
I just put a sign on my dogs vest that says "I bite" in bright red.
>>
File: 1463011018709.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1463011018709.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
>waahh waaaa
>people want to have a nice and normal smalltalk with me!!
>how dare they!!1

OH GOLLY GEE, HOW HORRIBLE.
How about you man the fuck up?
>but it's because of my conditio-
It is not. This like saying you're a fat land whale because of your genetics and not actually because you don't get your fucking shit together.
Stop being fucking wimps.
>>
*pet pet pet*
"Okay, time to get going. Thanks for saying hi."
>>
>>2454961
nerd
>>
>>2454961
It's always the grossest people, though.
Obese animal hoarders that smell of cat piss in wheelchairs, people that reek of liquor and have very few teeth, etc.
All the normal people leave me alone because that is the most socially acceptable thing to do, or at least ask to pet my dog.
>>
If you don't like human interaction it's never been easier to move to the middle of nowhere. Some people even pay you to live on empty ground in the middle of pine forest/desert
>>
>>2454961
OP didn't mention normal average people who ask permission before petting a random ass dog they have just seen for the first time.

The people OP mentioned are probably more autistic than anyone in this thread.
>>
>>2455040
>Obese animal hoarders that smell of cat piss in wheelchairs, people that reek of liquor and have very few teeth, etc.
>are routinely outside their homes
sure, dude.

just move to the other side of the street when you see someone.
>>
>>2455040
If someone is good looking is it ok if they ask to pet your dog? What if they are good looking but autistic and just want to pet a dog? Asking for a friend
>>
>>2455059
Wait, where is this pine forest?
>>
>>2455111
It's not about being good looking.
It's about not being disgusting.
I don't mind being asked to pet my dog.
I mind when people pet my dog without permission or try to have 30 minute conversations with me about how shit of a pet owner they are.
>>
>>2454930
Don't stop walking and pretend that the dogs are pulling
>>
>>2454930
My dog lunges at people if they get too close at night which spares me any boring conversations. She also has severe hip dysplasia which deters any byb's.
>>
>>2454961
did you miss the "autists" part in OP?
>>
>>2454961
i am autistic af and have other social/anxiety problems
i look at people asking to pet the dog and interact with me as a good chance to practice socializing/desensitize myself to it

it does make it harder for me to respond APPROPRIATELY to them, though.

>>2455040
mine are usually nice older men who will stop and talk about dogs with me (with some knowledge! wow!), confident young women/girls who go apeshit over cute dog, or 35-45yr old outdoorsy looking guys in a group with other people walking, who are trying to be friendly.
>>
>>2454930
When I go birdwatching it's the same deal. Just because they see me with binoculars looking at something they think it's some sort of invitation to come over and start asking me all sorts of questions. And usually it's someone who doesn't even care about birds in the first place, so even if it was something unusual or rare they wouldn't care about it anyway. Really hate that shit. I just want to go for a walk and be left alone and look at stuff, it's not a community event.
>>
>>2454937
Put a big spiked collar on him to make him look threatening, or hang a sign around his neck saying DANGEROUS.

>>2454950
That won't stop first timers from still coming up. And your way might lead to a sexual harassment lawsuit.

>>2454961
It is not normal to approach people you don't know and act like you're suddenly friends. You make light small talk with the receptionist while she's processing your papers for a few seconds to fill the dead space, not randoms on the street you have nothing to do with.

>>2455268
Just dress like a hobo and people will keep their distance.
>>
>be me walking puppy in my yard 6am shirtless obviously just rolled out of bed
>already difficult enough get her to not sniff shit and go to bathroom so I can go back to sleep for an hour
>lady walking dogs in road
>proceeds to let her dogs run up to mine and play without asking
>trys to force conversation

Every fuckin morning before class. I just wake up at five now to take her out but some people have no sense.
>>
I like meeting new dogs around my neighborhood because I enjoy animals and like to initiate a good relationship with my neighbors, because we can all watch out for each other.

The thing is that if I see a new dog I don't go out of my way to approach it, and if we end up on the same sidewalk I always ask if I can pet the dog. We pet, talk a tad about the dog, and I'm on my way.

Does this still irritate people like OP? I don't want to irritate my neighbors.
>>
I wonder if normal people get this upset about people making small talk about their dogs, or if it's just the retards on 4chan
>>
tfw my dogs are immune to most dog walkers because they bark like crazy whenever they see a dog

it''s funny how they love some dogs though, like pathetic rolling on their back and going nuts kind of love
>>
>>2455389
If a dude's just walking his dog, that doesn't mean he wants small talk.
>>
I wear an anime t-shirt (extremely cringy one with some poorly drawn 12 year old anime girl in a string bikini on it) that's two sizes too small so my fat hairy belly hangs out underneath plus a pair of white shorts with a big yellow piss stain on the front. I'm a morbidly obese neet with long hair and a beard. I don't even watch anime but I got the shirt at a flea market to disguise as a weeaboo so people won't step within 10 feet of me when I'm walking my irresistibly pettable dog. Much more effective than >>2454950
>>
>>2455371
she wants the D
>>
>>2455217
>I mind when people pet my dog without permission or try to have 30 minute conversations with me about how shit of a pet owner they are.

What if they don't pet your dog and ask permission to have a 30 minute conversation about how shit of a pet owner they are?
>>
>>2455399
Doesn't mean he has to throw a hissy fit either. Man up
>>
>tfw tempted to get one of those stupid tactical harnesses with a patch that says "DO NOT PET" for my mal so people stop trying to fucking manhandle my dog on walks
>>
I just say "you wanna get bit?" in my best redneck voice
>>
>>2455389
It's only annoying if it's an inconvenience. If that person just wants to spend 30 seconds petting my dog and asking simple questions, sure no problem. When you want to have a full conversation about shit I couldn't care less about because I have other things to do just because I'm walking a dog that's dumb.

Think about it this way, do people just walk up to random strangers on the street not walking a dog and start a conversation? Most likely no unless they're on the spectrum.
>>
File: 1477715199162.gif (2MB, 394x369px) Image search: [Google]
1477715199162.gif
2MB, 394x369px
>>2455272
>It is not normal to approach people you don't know and act like you're suddenly friends.

Maybe in your shithole.
Also, having a smalltalk has literally nothing to do with friendship.
Your autism seems to be really strong.
>>
>>2455401
>tfw I live in a what is basically a retirement village or meth hideout.
I'll pass on smashing a women 35-40 years older than I am
>>
>>2454959
lol this guy's dog wears a vest. what a weenie!
>>
>>2455435
So you just go up to random people on the street and start shooting the shit? They think you're crazy. If you can't perceive that you may seriously be on the spectrum.
>>
>>2455221
the dogs stop
>>
File: 1489345635703.jpg (19KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
1489345635703.jpg
19KB, 243x216px
>>2455453
People ask me about my car all the time too or ask me about something in a mall and a smalltalk ensues based on this question. It is common around here. If people are cool around me, it greatly brightens up my day.

Kinda feel sorry that you live in such a sad shithole.
>>
>>2455458
>or ask me about something in a mall

Like what? If I had a question about some product I'd go find an employee, not ask another customer.
>>
>>2455461
>old granny reaches up but can't reach the product
>asks me to help her
>I help her
>she tells me about her back problem
>I listen to her for a moment, heard about some treatment and tell her where she can read up about it

Shit like this
>>
>>2455461
You don't interact with your neighbors at all?

I honestly feel really sorry for you.
>>
>>2455465
>she tells me about her back problem

Right there is where I would tell her to stfu and just walk away. I don't care about her health issues and it's not my business anyway. There is no reason to be sharing that kind of thing with strangers anyway.

>>2455467
Not if I don't have to. Usually the extent of it is going up there and telling them to turn their music down because this is an apartment building, not a college dorm.
>>
>>2455458
My mom and me are "cursed".
Wherever we go, whatever we do, there's old maghrebins coming out of nowhere to talk with us and talk to us about their lives and stuff. I mean, they're always chill, but it's weird you know.
>>
>>2454930

I correct the dog for breaking out of heel and people usually get the message. If they dont I have no qualms telling them not to distract the dog.
>>
File: 1484973422727.jpg (10KB, 319x370px) Image search: [Google]
1484973422727.jpg
10KB, 319x370px
>>2455471
>Right there is where I would tell her to stfu and just walk away.

Well, case closed then. Now I know it's not actually your environment that is the problem but hey, everyone is different.
>>
>>2455471
Christ what a miserable person to be around

I am so glad that growing up I had awesome neighbors we formed a relationship with.

My mother got stage 4 cancer and became paralyzed. One morning my dad woke up to hammering and lawnmower sounds. Our neighbor was building a wheelchair ramp for her, while his son mowed our front lawn. While she was in hospice they brought meals to us. When I was back from uni the summer she died they all took me and any friends I wanted to the beach to drink and party for distraction.

After she died, two other neighbors fed my father and I breakfast 2-3x a week for a month. They still ask after my well-being after we all moved away from the cul-de-sac over my adulthood.

I am so thankful my parents formed relationships like this with our neighbors
>>
>>2455480
So you concern yourself with the petty problems of every peon you come across? Not my job to care about her aching back, she should take it up with her doctor. Just because we're shopping in the same aisle doesn't make us buddies.

>>2455481
Same as above, just because I live near someone doesn't make us friends, especially when they go out of their way to be assholes to me, I'm not taking any measures to be nice to them then.
>>
>>2455471
>Right there is where I would tell her to stfu and just walk away. I don't care about her health issues and it's not my business anyway.

She's saying it just to make the situation "whole". She asks you to get something for her. She explains her inability to get it herself due to back problems. The end.

There's nothing wrong with that. If it drags on for a long amount of time, that is a problem, but not a brief, relevant exchange of information.

>>2455483
> especially when they go out of their way to be assholes to me
You have something backwards, there. You're the one being an asshole.
>>
>>2455485
I'm not the one shaking the walls at 3AM with my stereo's bass setting at max. They drew first blood.

Also there was no need to make the situation "whole". If an obviously short or weak old woman asked for something off the top shelf that's reason enough to just grab it for her because she can't. The why of the matter is not important and I don't care.
>>
I love autistic/socially-retarded millennials.
>>
>>2455488
Do you have a spouse or significant other? How about friends?
>>
>>2455483
I think your so narcissistic you missed the point of my post about how neighbors can be your friends.

How do you make friends or date if you never further conversation?
>>
>>2455496
>you're*
>>
>>2455493
No, yes.

>>2455496
Neighbors can be friends, but it's not a requirement. If it happens we get along or have something in common that's fine but I'm not going to force it. Just "hey you live two doors down from me, let's get drinks" isn't a good enough reason to approach someone without looking crazy af.
>>
>>2455501
But how do you find out mutual interests if you want someone to fuck off the moment they try to initiate conversation? A dog is a starting point of finding similar interests.

How do you expect to find a woman if you have this hold-up?
>>
>>2455437
S M A S H E D
L
A
M
M
E
D
>>
>>2455411
Do you look like a redneck though?
>>
>>2455507
You're missing the point. The thread is not about OP getting mad because people want to talk to him. He's mad because it happens ALL THE DAMN TIME when he just wants to get shit done and get on with his day. If I'm checking my mail and someone else comes up and mentions something I'm not going to spaz out and tell them to fuck off, but if they repeatedly start harassing me with petty bullshit I will. I don't even have a dog but if a neighbor asked me about it I'd answer their question, but if EVERY TIME I went out to walk him they had to come up and start chit chatting about every minute detail of their day my patience would run out real fast.
>>
>>2455525
I have a feeling that is not the case though. I don't have my random new neighbors going into 30 minute interrogations about my dog and our lives as OP frames it. It is a typical interaction that lasts about 15 mins or less upon first contact, then a few general sentences exchanged each day as we all see each other.

One time I was in a hurry putting my garbage out because I was at a key part in a video game. My neighbor who was watering his lawn initiated conversation. We exchanged a few words and I told him "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to cut us short because I have something inside I'm doing."

He didn't ask anything, just smiled and said goodbye and invited my spouse and I over for a BBQ next weekend on his brother's birthday.
>>
>>2455523
Ayup.
>>
>>2455527
I believe it. When I'm at the park I always see people letting their dogs run up to strangers and then they talk about their dogs. If OP just wants to walk his dog in peace I can see why it's irritating.
>>
File: biomes.jpg (74KB, 725x533px) Image search: [Google]
biomes.jpg
74KB, 725x533px
>>2455122
I don't know about pine forests, but I've heard that northern Arizona has a massive deciduous forest.
>>
>>2455381
What you're doing is perfectly fine. It's friendly without being overly familiar. It's polite. It's nice and brief without being rude. etc.

If everyone behaved appropriately like yourself then this thread wouldn't exist.
>>
I always walk when it's 6-7 pm to avoid exactly that, also because people harassed me for no good reason and I started becoming afraid of walking outside.
Fuck people.
>>
File: linus.jpg (46KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
linus.jpg
46KB, 850x400px
>>
>>2455769
Sorry to hear that man.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.