[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls help my retarded anxious cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1734.jpg (488KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1734.jpg
488KB, 1536x2048px
Hello /an/. google isn't really helping in this situation, and just shows me advertisements for expensive anxiety chew tablets and gimmicky looking sprays.
So, my newly adopted female cat is probably incredibly retarded, and I'd like to help her? As funny as that is, she really isn't smart and doesn't comprehend when things/ other cats are there or not? If she smells a cat, she acts as if it's there in front of her, for example.
Anyway, the real issue is her anxiety, which her absolute stupidity probably doesn't help. She appears to be afraid of everything? When I pick her up, little cat yells and meows of protest, if I pet her, loud meows, walking past her, meows, attempt to cuddle her, freaks out. I've had her for about 8 months now, she has periods of calm, where I can hug her, hold her, and she just purrs and is very sweet. But 80% of the time her poor little mind is scared as hell. She isn't bullied or afraid of my cats, but she lives in this anxious state and I have no idea where to start. When she was calm I did a little pressure test on parts of her body to make sure she wasn't in acute pain somewhere, but she didn't react and seems fine physically, just not mentally. I'd like the opinion of fellow cat owners before a vet tries to sell me something, or I buy into gimmicks.
Thanks, I just want to help her.
>>
>>2454793
Wow, I'm on mobile and this didn't format as I expected it to at all. Sorry for this god damn wall.
>>
Some cats are just was more skittish and fearful than others; no cat is the same. if she has been like this her entire life, then it's probably just part of her make up. Try to give her more places to hide just to make her feel more secure.
>>
Try Feliway. Absolutely not a gimmick, clinically proven to reduce stress.

>newly adopted
Cats can take a long time to really settle into new environments if they weren't well-socialized as kittens. Like, months. Be patient.
>>
>>2454817
Definitely a good idea, luckily she doesn't tend to hide, just the most vocal and alarmed cat I've ever had

>>2454822
Sounds good! I've heard of it but I'll give it a try. And it's been almost a year now. I only wish she could live a more calm relaxed life! I'll try feliway sometime soon
>>
>>2454822
Not sure why I said newly adopted, jfc, I meant new in comparison to my other cats.

And sadly I read reviews for feliway and the collar produces a chemical burn from like every 5th reviewer, so the collar is out of the option. I'll try the spray though!
>>
Are any of the other cats aggressive with her?
>>
iirc your vet can give her anti-anxiety medication.
>>
>>2455395
One was, but now he likes her and she's cool with him. Still acts like a psycho though haha

>>2455482
Yeah, seems to be what I'll have to end up doing. Got a calming spray and treats, to no avail.

Thanks guys. Seems like all I can do in the end is seek vet attention. I'm sure she'll be cool in the end after anti anxiety meds.
>>
>>2455789
agreed. i think the best to do now is to just ask your vet. best of luck op. also i saved the pic of your cat, too fukkin cute
>>
Tried giving her empty cardboard boxes to hide in. Or getting a cat tree
Some cats are tree dwellers and some are bush dwellers.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.