[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why having kots is so popular in russia? is it because people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1461081857440175570.png (17KB, 1103x687px) Image search: [Google]
1461081857440175570.png
17KB, 1103x687px
why having kots is so popular in russia? is it because people do not leave home because they have no money to go to cinema or to shopping and they sit in their commieblocks and need nice and pleasant things besides vodka?
>>
>>2453006
Because it's cold, wet, windy and dirty here 9 months out of 12, and a kot has warmth and sun inside.
>>
>>2453007
my kot has no sun inside, he does not shine in dark
>>
>>2453007
Pls tell about livings in russia
>>
>>2453049
What do you want to know? I live in default city though and my experience may not be representative of the rest of the country.
>>2453012
Look at his eyes the right way and you'll see it. It's also warm which is a certain evidence of intense atomic fusion going on inside it.
>>
Russian here I was surprised to learn long hair cats are somewhat rare in New World and/or around whoever mainly posts here. "Angora" mutts, "persian" mutts, siberian mutts, nobody knows besides "look, pancake face and gray or full white and really fluffy, or them whiskers 15 cm each and BIG", but thousands of them are ready available and not a problem to find at all.
Another thing, there's this curiosity formed by the forces of everyone together like some sort of folk fable """seamese""" cats being a thing, basically your typical tan and black but with muscular body and round head. They are bought and sold, and the gene pool is huge too. Horrible temperament. Wonder how it came to be, basically people bred point mutts together for a long long time.
>>
>>2453151
Is it really cold wet windy and dirty?
Is it like living in some strange post apocalyptic grey brown city?
Do you have many friends?
Do people have nice stereos, or old ones like in Poland?
How shitty is it to live there? For example, I grew up in Kansas USA where it was 100% humidity all the time and its full of ticks, criminals, and drug addicts everywhere. Everyone pretends life is good but secretly hates it, themselves, everything. Very few people are really happy, while most folks seem to only exist on Facebook. Dealing with them in real life, they lie and put on fronts of social norms. Everyone wants you to think theyre nice and fancy when in reality they are piece of shit alcoholics/meth heads who dont raise their children.
Is it like that where you live?
>>
File: razv_vs.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
razv_vs.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>>2453391
In winter, spring and autumn - yes, I hate it, but got used to
I live in Moscow so I wouldn't call it postapocalyptic where I live, in fact, there's a lot of grass and trees.
I'm an autistic weeaboo so not many, but I so have some.
As far as life goes it really depends on where you live. I was lucky to be born into a well-off family so my environment's been calm and relaxing most of the time. Of course there are some districts where the general situation is worse as they are inhabited by poor people and "imported workforce" but experience shows that they are nice people too. The police do their job so it's fairly hard to get into trouble unless you specifically look for it and ignore common sense. I'd say I'd be pretty happy with everything if I had no issues with socialization, but that's just me.

Also, you keep in mind that here we say that "Moscow isn't Russia" and in fact, the situation in smaller towns is certainly very different.
>>
What is a kot?
>>
File: 1488812464816.jpg (182KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488812464816.jpg
182KB, 640x960px
>>2453444
Autistic, baby talk, nonsense word for cat.
Very popular on this retarded board. Comparable to doggo. Equally as ridiculous, and frequently used by the mentally impaired here.
>>
>>2453457
It's literally "cat" in Russian
>>
>>2453461
So?
Still retarded, just because it translates in to a language spoken by vodka fueled imbeciles doesn't change anything.
>>
>>2453457
>>2453467
>stop using words I don't like :(((
>>
>>2453478
>stop making posts I don't like :(((
>>
>>2453006
you can get a kitten for €5 or less at the local market gates from a babushka
cats don't eat much
>>
>>2453467
>insulting glorious Russian language
Hope you like the taste of polonium
>>
>>2453391
too keep it /an/ related. While gray brown older commieblocks are horrible looking, developers both soviet and current ones always use copious amounts of trees around them, both cheap shit like poplars and nicer things like lindens, rowanberries, lilacs, maples etc I think is for fundaments. So lower floors are always having fun with chirping birds at 6 fucking am every spring, oh well. People aren't that butthurt about cats vs dogs discussion, cat is something to keep at home for comfy purposes in bigger city and something to help with mice if the person lives in a village. Northern villages were in horrible state right since the industrialization back in ?? 17-19 centuries? it's alcos and old women, and gypsies, and obligatory chained dogs, but how things are working now, most families while live in townships have a rickety house somewhere like these places to go out in summer to eat bbq, gather some apples or redcurrants they didn't even spent time tending to and use it as a base for mushroom/berry foraging. Canning wild things is a big deal but not quite due to being poor, it's tasty, plentiful and impossible to buy. So about dogs, the analog to pit owners are probably gsd owners. Analog to Aussies is probably rough coat collies and gsd mutts. Looking just on the streets a lot of people of both genders prefer smaller breeds though like russkiy toy or maltese or pugs, and a lot of people are owning mutts who are mostly laikas from the look of it, clever medium sized dog with curled tail type of deal. What else? it feels like climate is changing, I am definitely getting more sun here in St.Petersburg - Novgorod suburb and my computer burned eyes don't like it at all. Used to be so rainy they compared it with Britain. Get your shit together Gulf Stream
>>
Also cat is a sacral animal of Internet.
Then cats have a prominent place in Russian folk tales. In villages cats are pets used for catching mice.
"Ne kladite kota poperek zhivota" ("Don't put the cat across the belly") - part of Russian funny song. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCjK5F--I3Q
Also the "pitiful song" about cat from old "SHKID Republic" film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFalcbQKg54
>>
>>2453461
Correction,:"koshka" is cat in russian.
Im from israel,My mom is russian though.
>>
>>2453685
Doesn't matter, I was just fucking around anyway.
>>
>>2453685
kot is a cat in polish and ukrainian and belarusian and in kcspeak
>>
>>2453685
"koshka" means female cat
"kot" means male
>>2453833
It's "kishka"(not sure on that) and "kit" in ukrainian
>>
>>2453843
but both together are koshka, go to the wiki cat page and see what you'll get from the russian mirror. It's the name for house cat species.
wiki > google translate for translating terms, works for jap too
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-12-09-28-56.png (48KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-12-09-28-56.png
48KB, 800x480px
>>2454006
It wouldn't be that polite to call every cat you see "koshka" when its owner is around. But you're right about the general term. Pic related
>>
>>2454140
>not polite
it's not even a problem
horse - loshad' - general term and the word for the female horse
pig - svin'ya - general term and the word for the female pig
that said it shows how russian language used to treat cats like more of a working animal, because grains and bread and stuff but now just like you are saying, it sounds out of place and is changing.
>>
>>2453478
>stop disliking words I like :(((
>>
no one told me if people have nice stereos or is it shitty old ones like in Poland
>>
>>2454828
Shitty ones?.. In the end of the day soundproofing an apartment is a huge pain in the dick only for the most devoted, and a lot of younger families rent too. For older families TVs are still as important as ever so it's normal for them to have a bunch of vhs cd dvd players cramped under it with a cheap ass chinese 5 piece system all around their main room. I could be wrong but people who listen to music prefer getting headphones, and here tastes are wildly different, from 10 pack earplugs from earlier dealextreme now alibaba to shitty beats all the way to "youuuuu kiddo got to get your stuff from the companies who are around forever like Audiotechnica, Sony, AKG or Sennheiser YEAH" and pricier ones are around as well. There are tons of audiophiles around, and not necessary hipsters too, for example I used to attend a music school in 2002-2006 and we were listening to old vinyl records of classic pieces on authentic 30+ years old soviet player during the theory lessons because an affordable for a tiny school alternative was only cassette tapes, but somehow everyone decided why even bother with those. For now, for your usual poorfag the priorities are a phone and a laptop (not a full pc, poor gonna poor) so here you go
>>
>>2453508
Are the commie blocks nice on the inside? Are they cheap to live in on an average wage? Sorry for all the questions, I find it fascinating.
>>
File: IMG_20150518_190440.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150518_190440.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>2455460
The salvaging thing about older ugly apartment complexes is this old tradition to add huge amount of trees around, and not just some shabby poplars (safe for bigger cities) but sturdier things like lindens, birches, maples, lilacs, barberry, rowanberry and such. Probably because of fundaments and groundwater but I don't know. They add mushroom spores too to help them grow, ink caps and those fat russula like things. Have this young cherry near mine. While commie blocks thing mutated to describe any cheap building full of small flats initially I'm pretty sure it was about these abominations, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khrushchyovka Honestly the only bad thing besides esthetics about them they are 50+ years old and there are problems with electricity cables changing in them. They were free for everybody who worked like 20 years, they were free if you move to colder parts of the country, if you move from town to town because of the job and have a family, if you are an army man, doctor, teacher, all that. Not just some dorms, whole things for free. They have thin walls so this is how carpet-on-the wall meme spawned. Currently buying your own place of any size isn't an easy thing to do at all but since there's no trailer park culture some people who got sick of the renting and continuous moving from place to place get one of those 25 years credits. Water and such bills are really affordable but can get nasty if a lot of people registered. I'm no lawyer how it works in other countries but it's a passport id thing, you need to have your residence somewhere in the country registered if you are a citizen, and the house/apartment bills which can't be counted like water are all about the amount of people here. Inside could be all you can imagine, say just 10 years ago people thought something like IKEA display is a desirable interior but it's easy to develop a thicker skin to virus ads like that with economics behaving like some horse with a broken leg.
>>
>>2453006

Who the hell would want to walk a dog in -25 degrees celcius weather 3 months of the year?
>>
>>2453049
It's alright. Nowhere as gruesome as your media make it out to be.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.