[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ants, formicariums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: ant_colony_habitat_side_view.jpg (4MB, 2880x2304px) Image search: [Google]
ant_colony_habitat_side_view.jpg
4MB, 2880x2304px
My lasius niger queen's first workers have arrived in the test tube, and I soon have to home them to a permanent living space.

Would building something like suffice?
I have no prior experience with ant keeping, so any tutorial on how and what to build would be most welcome.
>>
It'll last about 3 before they eat through the plastic to expand their territory. They're seriously territorial and once they get out and perceive something as their territory, they'll destroy anything that lays foot there.

So will something like that suffice? That's for you to decide.
>>
>>2452834
I could do it in a glass tank too, I haven't bought any materials yet.
>>
>>2452837
Glass would be better, but they'll eventually gnaw through the glass as well. It depends on how much of a cruel bitch the queen is. She tells everyone what to do in the hive, and she knows damn well how hard it is to chew through plastic or glass. Basically 40-50% of queens are sadists, if you are lucky you won't get a sadistic queen and you'll never have to worry about it at all
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.