[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog Training materials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2559.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2559.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So I got myself a healthy Tibetan Mastiff puppy. I'm looking for some good training materials for training the pupper.
It maybe a video but reading materials are preferred. If anyone has military-tier training stuff that would be most appreciated.
I'm looking for obedience, protection and attack training. If someone has a specific thing about training him not to pull on the harness when we're out for walk that'd be great.
Thanks
>>
>wants to do protection and attack training
>doesn't even know how to train a dog not to pull on leash

I'm not trying to belittle you, but there is a LOT that goes into protection training, it's not easy or basic stuff. You really need to know what you're doing.

I suggest getting some basic understanding of training principles first, then try to find a local club that does protection sports and ask around, express interest, try to find a mentor who might be able to help you and your pup out. Good luck.

As for basic stuff, I know you said you prefer reading materials, but I would take a look at kikopup's channel on youtube, she has a lot of videos on a wide variety of behaviors, from basic manners to fancy tricks, and she does a good job of explaining things.

Good luck! Your puppy is very cute!
>>
>>2452772
>protection and attack training
Not every dog is cut out for this. Many dogs just lack the correct temperament and will never be able to do protection and attack sports.

Look for a Schutzhund club in your area and see if they have puppy classes. This will be your best start for this.
>>
>>2452786
>>2452787
Thanks for the input anons.
He is naturally protective and knows when to get agressive and when to remain calm. I'm not too curious into the protection/attack training stuff. For now I'd appreciate any kind of materials.
I'll check out the youtube channel too. Thanks again
>>
>>2452792
I really recommend and stress puppy classes, if for the socialization alone. Good puppy classes are more about socialization than training anyways, because there is only so much training little puppies can handle.
>>
>>2452795
so classes are what most anons would recommend. Looks like I'll have to look into one.
I still want to learn the stuff so materials are still welcome.
>>
>>2452798
Really good classes are more about teaching you than training the dog.
>>
>>2452772
>getting a livestock guardian dog as a first doggo

I hope you know what you're getting into, but it doesn't really seem like it
>>
Post more pics of him in action. These dogs are so cute.
>>
Fuck you OP and fuck every single dog trainer out there. Trainers are the shittiest people ever. Probably because they do nothing but spend time with shit dogs where the trainer is basically god. Not to mention the retarded yuppie dog owners. Fuck all of you i hate you.
>>
>>2452772
You can do cheap discounted training classes at the humane society to learn foundational skills, and it supports rescuing puppers. Check out Zak George on YouTube. If can get through the product placement he has genuinely good advice. Lastly with that kind of breed, let him meet as many people as possible so he doesn't grow up to be wary of strangers unless you want to chain him up as a guard dog
>>
>>2452983
Who hurt you, Anon?
>>
File: IMG_2394.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
>>2452956
>post more pics
>>
File: IMG_2317.jpg (175KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2317.jpg
175KB, 1280x960px
>>2453363
>>2453092
People are not a problem unless they act suspicious. If I let people in the property he'll behave. I didn't have to teach him that.
He'll ignore friendly dogs but he does not tolerate any dog who shows agression towards him. He's a good pupper!
>>
>>2452772
Livestock guardians aren't attack dogs, OP, and TM aren't even the most aggressive out there. They're large deterrents. Also they bark at night. A lot.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.