[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /an/ believe in any cryptids?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (77KB, 404x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 404x480px
>>
>>2451617
I don't but I find them very interesting.
>>
>>2451638
Same. Reading stories about them is always neat. I hear if you mention a skinwalker near a Navajo, you can hear their assholes pucker and the sound of them start to sweat.
>>
>>2451617
Used to really be into it when I was younger, would rent books and kinda always knew it was BS buy still wanted something to be real. That bigfoot hoax a couple years back kind of reminded me how silly the whole thing was. In fact most of them outside of the classic/folklore ones are really lame. Like for bigfoot, nessie, mothman, it's kind of fun to think about what people really saw, and the answer is usually pretty simple.

For example a coyote with mange could be easily be misinterpreted as a black leathery chupacabra and attacking goats seems logical too

Things like the fucking Jersey Devil... All I can say is come the fuck on. Some guy on a camping trip sees a deer:

>IT HAD WINGS
>AND HORNS
>THE TAIL OF A DRAGON
>IT SPOKE TO ME ABOUT SATAN
>ALSO ABOUT THE NHL FOR SOME REASON
>>
File: chupacabras.gif (68KB, 507x496px) Image search: [Google]
chupacabras.gif
68KB, 507x496px
>>2451671
to be fair the original chupacabra was nowhere close to that. It was just when hick texans started seeing mangy coyotes and going "Shit son, thats one a them.. whats that mexican monster called? chupacabra?" did that image catch on.
>>
File: jersey-devil-3.png.cf.png (195KB, 517x400px) Image search: [Google]
jersey-devil-3.png.cf.png
195KB, 517x400px
>>2451617
yeah because I saw Bigfoot
>be me, abt. 9 or 10
>piano teacher's house has a window looking out over a swampish pond
>looking out the window during lesson
>big, brownish-black humanoid thing across the swamp
>8 feet tall if I had to guess? idk, it was abt three hundred feet away, but I know what I saw and it wasn't a deer or a bear, it was bipedal
>didyouseethat.jpg
>piano teacher doesn't believe me and goes back to ties and slurs or whatever I was working on at the time
Fast forward to now and I'm planning on going on a Jersey Devil hunting trip. what should I bring? I'll post any evidence on here and /x/ first before bringing it to the news.
>>
>>2452822
That was your mom pulling train on some dirty hobos in the swamp, not Bigfoot.
>>
Depends on which one I guess. Though most are probably just misrepresented actual known or unknown animals (ie. most sea ''monsters'') which are no where as lavish as their mythologized counterparts. For most part tho, no, still it's an interesting topic, if for nothing else then the pure fun of speculation. I think Bigfoot or a Yeti is probable, but highly unlikely, since there is next to no fossil evidence to support it.
>>
File: AAKD1936w.jpg (81KB, 765x555px) Image search: [Google]
AAKD1936w.jpg
81KB, 765x555px
>>2451617
for the most part, no. Most of it is just unreliable eye witnesses and pretty easily explained videos and images.
>>
>>2451671
I like the Jersey Devil because it's the one legend I actually grew up on(being from NJ). I still like it but as an adult the lore for it is fucking retarded with shittier versions like it stemming from the 3th child that was born and just up and flew the fuck away.

I'd be fine without the backstory but just about every American cryptid is some winged, dragon tailed thing.

I found myself watching a cryptid hunting show because either mentioned the JD and it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. The entire episode was absolutely fucking nothing. Just the typical "we heard a noise", shaky Blaire Witch running through the woods and at the very end of the episode they showed a night vision deer, called it the Jersey Devil and how they were amazed it was related and ended. I know they know it's bullshit but I'm fucking mad shit like that gets aired.
>>
>>2452822
>brown humanoid
>8ft
That's just a basketball player.
>>
>>2454316
Also I like the different variations artists draw and our hockey team is awful.

I prefer the JD not looking like a straight up dragon or dragon-horse though.
>>
Some of them sound more believable than others. For example, Congo pygmies talk about an animal called "mahamba" that's supposed to be a 50 foot long crocodile.
>>
File: Jabbar.png (323KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
Jabbar.png
323KB, 800x430px
>>2454317
Das racist
>>
>>2454316
I'm from south jersey and I won't lie, growing up I was terrified that I'd look out my window at night and see the Jersey Devil.
>>
>>2451638
Fucking this
Art Bell Coast to Coast AM is the shit though everyone on it is either insane or a fucking liar
So the real question, do you guys prefer cryptids be biological animals or magic reality warping interdimensional shit?
>>
File: IMG_6927.png (268KB, 776x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6927.png
268KB, 776x369px
>>2454649
Animals because reality warping is the instant death of us all.
>>
>>2451617
I saw a horse walking about on two legs for ages and it was neighing really strangely.

RhooooO RhooooO

for about four hours.
>>
I want to believe.
>>
>>2454544
My first tale of it was a school camping trip around a campfire and because two kids out of about 40 were talking and laughing through it he got mad and sent us all to our cabins. That was my first 'scary story' that wasn't told by my slightly older brother and after that I got too old to get spooked by stories. He never finished the story.

And yeah cabins are not camping but we got locked in whatever building we were ever close to because bears kept wandering in and no one wants to be blamed for fifth graders getting mauled.
>>
I remember walking my dog and seeing a giant black bird flying just before a storm front hit. Like, this thing was fucking MASSIVE. It's a shame I had nothing to compare it to (I live in the middle of nowhere). But the biggest birds we have out here are buzzards.

Maybe it was just a buzzard, but it was jet black, including its head, neck, underbelly, and beak.
>>
>>2451660
>09
Ah you mean the feared coyotenigger
>>
>>2451617
Does this book have any full scans online? I bought it recently and would be willing to make some if not
>>
File: 1492271650323.jpg (114KB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
1492271650323.jpg
114KB, 800x622px
>>2452822
That was a melaninated gentleman
>>
>>2451671
>he doesn't believe in a mutant deer thing that talks about the NHL
>>
File: 1501630417192.jpg (962KB, 1100x875px) Image search: [Google]
1501630417192.jpg
962KB, 1100x875px
hell yeah /x/an/ thread
>>
File: aasas_original.png (759KB, 819x1126px) Image search: [Google]
aasas_original.png
759KB, 819x1126px
>>2451617
I believe in bigfoot.
>>
Seen too much weird shit out in the swamps and in the forests of Florida to believe that we have seen everything there is out here. Fucking florida
>>
>>2452822
Niggers aren't cryptids anon.
>>
>>2454649
Animals. Fucking Magic bullshit just isn't nearly as interesting as them being just incredibly elusive and intelligent beasts that tip toe around the line of "Supernatural" instead of just being so.
>>
>>2455866
Care to tell? Swamps are the spookiest setting.

Believe is a strong word, but I think some of them certainly could exist. Which ones do you guys think are the most likely?
>>
>>2454766
Sharp beak, or hooked? Some ravens look pretty massive.
>>
>>2454317
>>2455785
>>2455911
This was in New Hampshire. No black people for miles, especially not tall ones.
>>
File: chupacabras_by_eoyaguar.jpg (156KB, 814x980px) Image search: [Google]
chupacabras_by_eoyaguar.jpg
156KB, 814x980px
>>2451683
Yeah, I prefer the original version too. It's rad as hell.
>>
>>2456796
I used to have nightmares about this motherfucker. Watched a documentary on it when I was like 9 and had a dream about it scaling up my house into my window during a thunderstorm. Didn't help that they called it a demon from hell.
>>
File: ChupraFinal.jpg (861KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
ChupraFinal.jpg
861KB, 1500x2100px
The image side of our first Monster SmartCard - the Chupacabra.

What do you think?
>>
>>2456845
I don't know what this is for but I like the art, though the design is a little generic.
>>
Sasquatch are real. Just because you don't want them to be real doesn't mean they aren't
>>
>>2456911
OK. Prove it.
I'll wait.
>>
>>2456914
Be careful what you wish for. There is plenty of evidence on the net anyway. People like you however will never be satisfied even if there's one standing 2 feet in front of you.
>>
File: ChampAd3 .png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ChampAd3 .png
2MB, 3000x3000px
Monster SmartCards are two sided digital trading cards. The top or "image" side features original monster artwork. On the reverse side the curious cryptozoologist will find lots of monster related facts.

The Chupacabra card is the first of five in the Monster SmartCard series.

Available September 1st, 2017
Limited to 500 FREE digital copies.
Write to: [email protected]

Feed Your Curiosity - TAKATOKU
>>
I very much doubt it, we live in the age of information, nothing goes hidden unless its actively being hid, and im fairly certain no one would be actively trying to hide a creature like a cryptid. I like the idea of something mysterious like a Sasquatch existing, but at this point in time I feel like we'd have actual photos or videos if it exists, not just blurry, poorly shopped images.
>>
>>2456922
>anon asks for proofs
>doesn't give any
>"t-there's plenty of proof, t-trust me. I-I don't need to give you actual evidence"
>writes it off as "y-you wouldn't believe it anyway"

Great reply, you sure showed him
>>
>>2456949
Give me proof that sasquatch doesn't exist. I'll wait
>>
>>2456959
>still dodging the original question

Ok, well lets start with the fact that Bigfoot has reportedly been spotted in every state in the USA except Hawaii, if that's true he sure does get around a lot for a giant ape man.

Another thing, if he is an ape why does he reportedly live in North America when every other nonhuman ape lives in the tropics

Also I really dont see how a species like that could exist and still be around assuming there is more than one without being more widespread and well known.

If you want more ill be home in a minute I can start typing again
>>
>>2456976
I never called Sasquatch an ape, why do you automatically assume they're apes? There is also more than 1. It would be impossible for there to be only 1, I'm not sure why you think that is the case. There are approx. 5 to 10 thousand. They came across the Bering land bridge with the mongoloids. Think of how easy it is for bears to avoid detection even though there are countless amounts of them in the US. It would be very easy for an extremely intelligent bipedal creature with a small population to remain largely undetected.
>>
>>2456836
Same here. I watched a documentary with all these first person reports, and there was one where an ex-cop claimed to have shot at one, before it rolled into a ball and got away. There was another where one had supposedly worked its way into an engine block.
Ultimately, it ended with young me not being able to enter dark rooms for a very long time.

>>2456959
>You cant prove it doesnt!

The number one copout used by every dumbass who believes in some dumb shit and doesn't understand how evidence works. Next you are going to start talking about flat-earth...
>>
>>2456922
>There is plenty of evidence on the net anyway.
Then why hasn't the scientific community came out and acknowledged the existence of bigfoot with all this undisputed proof?
>Protip, it's not really a question, the answer is simply bigfoot does not exist.
>>
>>2456959
>Give me proof that sasquatch doesn't exist
Ok, because not one example of sasquatch, dead or alive, has ever been seen, studied documented, or even photographed.
Even in today's age of cell phone cameras.
>>
>>2457050
Because it would ruin careers. Are you even trying?
>>
>>2457052
>what is the patterson gimlin film
>>
>>2457036
>I never called Sasquatch an ape, why do you automatically assume they're apes?

If they're not apes what else would they be, they're bipedal and have ape-like body structures what else would they be? The general assumption is that they are apes, but of course we'll never know for sure because they don't exist.

>There are approx. 5 to 10 thousand.

Got any evidence of that? I can give evidence of all the stuff I've previously stated now Im at home if you want.

>They came across the Bering land bridge with the mongoloids.

Again got any evidence of that?

>Think of how easy it is for bears to avoid detection even though there are countless amounts of them in the US.

A fair point, but there are videos of bears entering town and settlements to look for food, they might be good at hiding to stay away from human attention but they certainly aren't so terrified of being spotted they don't scour human territories for food and end up getting caught on camera. Are you implying over the hundreds of years people have settled in America, not once has a Bigfoot ever tried scouring a human town for scraps, entranced by they smell of food, are they really that terrified that even in times of freezing cold winters when there is little food in the forest that they will not go near anything human in case of being spotted, even if they're starving to death?
>>
>>2457054
It would be an evolutionary break through, and one of the most important discoveries in history.
Right next to sarcasm....
>>
>>2457055
Ever notice how the P-G film creature has the wrong proportions if you compare it to firsthand accounts? Arms are too short, feet are the wrong shape, and the face is literally just a person face, and there is hair on the breasts, unlike every single other living primate.
>>
>>2457055
>>what is the patterson gimlin film
A bit of grainy footage that is widely speculated to be a hoax, and far from conclusive proof that bigfoot exists.
Try again.
>>
>>2457061
tell that to my ex-wife
>>
>>2457100
heyooo
>>
>>2457100
Did she have hairy tits anon?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.