[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dogs were chasing this juvenile wild bird around the yard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 5706999315_c0ea1b91a8_b.jpg (254KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
5706999315_c0ea1b91a8_b.jpg
254KB, 1024x742px
My dogs were chasing this juvenile wild bird around the yard that's probably trying to learn how to fly and I got it from them before they could hurt it. If I put it back in the back yard I think the dogs will just get it later, so what should I do?

Will it be okay if I release it on the other side of the fence? I don't know anything about birds, but I don't want to let it die.
>>
Twice in the past I've saved juvenile birds from the dogs and they just came back into the yard and got killed later though. I'd really like to know how to prevent this.
>>
Do you know where the nest is? It'll probably just jump out again but I mean how far is the fence to said nest. Chances are no matter what there is still a high chance of it getting eaten. You can out it on the other side of the fence. Hopefully it's not a chainlink. Parents are still probably feeding it so it's important that you or the dogs don't bother it constantly.

Due to skunks in my yard I made it a habit to check around first and make my dogs wait. You could leash the dogs in your own yard or walk them instead. I've had to do that due to one skunk really loves my shed and I'm not about to just grab a skunk.
>>
>>2451481
Thanks.
>>
It's a fledgling mockingbird. Let the nest and learning to fly. Just put it somewhere with ample habitat where the dogs won't get it.
>>
Update in case anyone is wondering.

The bird was able to safely make it back to its nest after we let it calm down for a while and made sure it wasn't hurt. When we released it in the yard it went straight to this tree that had its nest and got in the tree.
>>
>>2452074
Good job anon.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.