[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kids with rodents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tenor.gif (49KB, 220x163px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
49KB, 220x163px
>be me
>live with significant other and our myriad of pets with a huge soft spot for hamsters and rats
>mother and father separate leaving mom too distraught to take care of my brother's hamster
>move back in temporarily to help her and my brother with shit
>kid doesn't clean cage or interact with hamster at all aside from feeding it whenever he remembers
>clean cage for him
>pee spots that could be at least 4 months old and caked onto the pan
>clean shelves and stairs which had been chewed so much it looked like a tiny shark bite eating up about a quarter of the stairs
>fucker's oily as fuck and obese
>cedar bedding
>piss caked wheel
>kid doesn't give a fuck, never bothered to google how to take care of hamsters or what they need
>give the guy his own hay rack, new bedding, clean wheel, dust bath, water bottle and bowl, and a 'litter box'

>mfw

What the fuck do I do,/an/?
I'm thinking about kidnapping the hamster.
He was living like a Jew in auschwitz.
What should I tell my brother so he understands it's not okay? He's 12. I know he's young, but I feel like he should know better.
I'd hope someone related to me wouldn't be so blatantly uncaring about the well-being of his pet.
>>
>>2449989
>What should I tell my brother so he understands it's not okay?
>He's 12
He's old enough that he should be able to understand you giving it to him straight--tell him he was neglecting the animal and it was living in very poor conditions. Explain how to properly care for the animal. Offer to take the hamster yourself, see if he's willing to part with it (my guess is yes, since it seems he isn't really attached to it and doesn't care much.)
>>
>He was living like a Jew in auschwitz.
nice non existent hamster
But shitty /pol/ jokes aside pretty much what this anon>>2450012 said
Explain to him what hes doing wrong and how to correct it and say if he doesnt want the responsibility you can take it.
12 is plenty old enough to take care of something as easy as a hamster especially if parents are fine with footing the bill on everything, shit I had a fish 2 turtles and a dog by that age and everything besides the bills were delegated to me and it worked just fine and gave me something to do after school besides play video games
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SoahbnYwRk
>>
>>2450012
I guess I'll talk to him tomorrow.
I kind of already explained how horrible it was and how he should be cleaning his cage out completely at least once a month and how he has an iPad and could easily look up how to take care of him if he wanted to.

>>2450150
He's not quite that bad.
>>
>>2450046
>/pol/ jokes
>jokes
>>
>>2450012
This. Although, I would point out that even at 12, he shouldn't have full responsibility for care of any animal. I get stuff's going on with your parents, but it was their responsibility first and foremost.

Kids are gonna be shitty and the only ones that suffer when they are shitty are the animals, that's why an adult should always be the primary caregiver for pets.
>>
>>2450171

People with iDevices don't know how to take care of other life. It's in the name of the fucking device. It's in the biography of the maker of the brand. An asshole who died of cancer.

Given that your brother probably feels at fault for your parents breaking up and not having a dad around, it's kind of logical that he doesn't prioritize caring for the hamster over wallowing in self-pity. Not an excuse, but a good reason for you to take the hamster and give it a better home until your brother's situation stabilizes, learns what he should do and learns to take care of life.

Source: own terrible life choices
>>
>>2450220

>Kids are going to be shitty
Depends on your side of the nature vs nurture debate, I guess
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.