[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today my 9 year old chihuahua was diagnosed with bone cancer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bruce.png (246KB, 438x403px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.png
246KB, 438x403px
Today my 9 year old chihuahua was diagnosed with bone cancer. The vet said that the surgery to remove his cancerous limb has a 50% success, and that after that he will probably live another year. Is there another route I can take (not to save him; I know that ship has sailed) to make the most of our time left?
Appreciate your replies.
>>
>>2449743
Do stuff with him that doesnt need a lot of exercise. Take him to quiet places with interesting smells.
>>
>>2449743
Just keep his time smooth and love him. When its obvious he's suffering, put him down before it gets too bad.

I'm sorry. He's a good looking boy.
>>
>>2449748
>>2449749
Thank you.
>>
Did the vet at least give you painkillers for him? My dog recently died from bone cancer. Vet gave us a lot of tramadol, basically she spent 3 weeks euphoric on opiates and my constant love and she had a 3-4 day remission and then after that her leg swelled up and she couldn't walk and we put her down at that point since it'd only get worse.

>to make the most of our time left?
Basically give him love in the ways he has enjoyed in the ways you always have
>>
>>2449743
I cant take another chihuahua thread, anon.
>>
>>2449763
We have an appointment tomorrow with the vet. I suppose he'll prescribe something tomorrow.
>>
>>2449768
With a small dog you could probably keep him longer. You can carry him outside and stuff easily. As long as he is eating and not vomiting. If he's in pain just sitting around though, even with painkillers, then ...
>>
>>2449773
Yes. That's the moment I fear the most. The hardest thing for me will be watching him behaving normally (thanks to the meds) and knowing that he's done for.
>>
>>2449778
He's been "done for" since the start, while behaving normally.
It's just closer now than it was then.
>>
>>2449778
>The hardest thing for me will be watching him behaving normally and knowing that he's done for.
Don't worry dude. Just make him enjoy the last he has
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.