[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If evolution happens to all animals, are humans evolving right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1499767017952.jpg (31KB, 332x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499767017952.jpg
31KB, 332x375px
If evolution happens to all animals, are humans evolving right now?
>>
>>2448799
yeah no shit animeposter
>>
>>2448799
Yes, we are evolving a predisposition to religion and superstition due to policies which encourage the poor to have as many children as possible.
>>
Yes, one of the biggest changes between us and our cave dwelling ancestors is that our brains have actually gotten smaller since we can rely on society for many of our survival needs.
>>
File: evolution-FI.jpg (49KB, 800x419px) Image search: [Google]
evolution-FI.jpg
49KB, 800x419px
Yes. There's a few traits that are being weeded out of the gene pool. For example, most people have a palmaris muscle that no longer serves a purpose. It's completely absent in some people because it's slowly being trimmed out. We don't need it anymore.

There's a lot of other stuff that's vestigial, too. The muscle that lets people curl their tongue. Wisdom teeth. Probably the appendix.

Wisdom teeth are another good example. Our jaws have grown smaller and now we have too many teeth for the small jaws. Wisdom teeth don't have any more space to grow and some people don't have them grow in anymore.

We're also evolving to cope with things like foods and medicine. Our evolution to be able to digest dairy was a very recent one, and it spread very fast.
>>
>>2448810
What did we use the palmaris muscle for?
>>
>>2448810
hey i have one of those, I thought it was just a vein or something
>>
>>2448811
The theory is that it was to increase wrist flexibility, since that seems to be its purpose in apes and monkeys. But our wrists became more flexible on their own so we don't need the extra assist.
>>
>>2448817
Hey, thanks for the info, Anon. It's nice to learn new things every day.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.