[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over the loss of a pet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1838.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1838.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
How do you get over the loss of a pet?
>>
Buy another one
>>
Feel sad for a while. Get another. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>2448073
Its a fucking fish. Buy another one and move on.
>>
It just happened

Give it some time man...
>>
>>2448117
The fish in the picture is thousands of dollars, lives for decades, and can grow to be about three feet long.
>>
>>2448073
Thediyking?
>>
>>2448073
I'm sorry what happened Joey
>>
>>2448117
Please google the average price of an asian arowana
>>
press F to pay respects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn8-Cvw-3e4
>>
>>2448235
F
>>
>>2448235
F
>>
>>2448073
I lost my cat 1 month ago, i think you never get over, you just get used to it, it is always sad when your pet die, and will never be another pet like it, you can't substitute.

I already lost 8 pets in my life, and i never forgot their faces, their behaviour, their name.
>>
>>2448073
Eat it.
>>
F
Watched that first thing when I woke up this morning
>>
>>2448234
an arro only costs like 50 bucks if you don't go for an overpriced meme breed lol
>>
>>2448235
omg :(
fuck
fuck, joey
fucking shit
fuck
:(
F
RIP Buddy
>>
How long till Joey goes nuclear
>>
>>2448215
I didn't put up appropriate nets to prevent this massive fish from bumping his head against the low lid I built.
>>
Oh, Joey...
We were all wishing him the best (I certainly was), but sometimes these things happen and there's not much we can do about it...
I'm so sorry that this happened..
I've been watching since 2011 and have been following ever since, enjoying every moment, that being said, I also built many tanks, filteration systems and other things thanks to your guidence. The big Aro was one of my favorite fish on the channel and when 'the video' was uploded, I was distrought. I was pretty distressed when I'd found out that he'd injured himself and was whishing him the very best that I could. Again, my greatest condolences.
- Sleepy Dumpling
>>
oh fuck joey i didn't know you were on 4chan. but seriously, i cried during your video. i could see your emotions. and all honesty i say take all of the love you had for your little buddy and show it to your other fish and makes their lives special in memory of him.
>>
I recently lost two fish I tried to save from a pet shop to a bacterial disease that ravaged them. Did everything I could and cried buckets loads when they passed. It may have been "just a fish" but I bonded with them and gave them each a name. I don't care that they only cost £2 and the same type can be bought again. They were so curious and fed right from my hands, I saw their personalities. I decided to try and build a better relationship with my other pet fish after they passed. Our pets deserve the best from us. I am not over my pets deaths but time helps. Grieve and let it all out.
>>
File: hlc7IAf.png (196KB, 386x336px) Image search: [Google]
hlc7IAf.png
196KB, 386x336px
Lost my cat a few months ago. Got her when I was 6, lost her at 22. She was my best friend.

I want another but I couldn't care for it, and I'm suicidal and don't want to leave it alone after we've bonded.
>>
Sorry for your loss Joey. Shit happens
>>
Is this actually Joey?
Sorry for your loss bro. atleast you still have frankyboy.
>>
>>2448273
>ohh shit I was wrong and looked like a dumbass! Better make sure I talk shit about anything more than pauper tier
The only people who willingly own non-Asian arowana are those who can't get asians due to location. They're just shit in comparison.
>>
>>2448492
BAKA GAIJIN WE NIPPON ONLY HAVE THE FINEST 100% INBRED SMASHED AND SLAMMEN AROWANAS
>>
He shouldn't have listened to those fuckers complaining about not putting decorations with an arowana. I hope he takes good care of his blood red the way he always does and ignores the whiners
>>
>>2448500
Cute but Asian arowanas come from mainland Asian countries not japan. They exhibit much more color variety.
>>
>it's a fucking ____ get another one

Is there any pet animal this doesn't apply to

inb4 "member of the family" fur child niggers out themselves
>>
I walked inside some hole-in-the-wall fish store in Kyota. The guy didn't even look up from his Japanese baseball game on TV the whole time I was there. There were only arowana and many were over $20-30k USD. It was pretty crazy.
>>
>>2448503
My family hasn't been able to own pavement apes in a while.
>>
>>2448073
One of my rats died while I was asleep. I ended up crying over him for a few hours out of guilt for not saying goodbye. Same thing with my cat. It took a little while but I moved on for the most part. But sometimes I'll see something that reminds me of them. Then I'm depressed for the rest of the day.

I was only really able to feel at peace when the other rat died, because I was with him while he passed. Didn't end up crying over him and buried him alongside his brother.

Basically, if you were with your fish and got to say goodbye, maybe you'll feel better. But it takes time and you probably won't ever forget it fully.
>>
>>2448235
whats the actual opinion of this guy on the board? I really like what he does desu, he seems actually enthusiastic about the hobby and respects his animals. It really made me sad that he had to deal with the death of that fish, now that he made it such a cool tank.

also F
>>
>>2448503
Doesn't apply to any animal except maybe ones you planned on raising to ea as far as I'm concerned and even then its a shitty sentiment.
>>
>>2448653
We love Joey here
>>
>>2448235
F
>>
>>2448503
probably something that requires a lot of care and lives a long time
if you've had a dog for 20 years, or a bird for 40 its hard to let go.
>>
>>2448073
You don't
>>
File: 1492112056686.png (23KB, 307x259px) Image search: [Google]
1492112056686.png
23KB, 307x259px
>>2448073
You gave him/her the best life they could've gotten. They bettered your life as well. Nature says it's time to part for now, but you both got the best experience either of you could have had.

Wait until next time, you know he'll remember you.
>>
>>2448235
F
>>
F
>>2448235
Joey is bro tier.
>>
>>2448235
Haven't actually watched this guy before.
That video fucked me up though. You can tell he's got a passion for what he does and has a love for his animals.

F
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.