[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit your dog does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 30

File: Dante 4.jpg (2MB, 1632x1223px) Image search: [Google]
Dante 4.jpg
2MB, 1632x1223px
>gets to dog park
>runs over to water bucket
>dumps it over so he can drag himself through the mud
EVERY TIME
>>
>>2447815
leave him there
>>
>>2447815
She often tries to talk, it's too cute.
>>
Your dog must think it's fun, so just let her/him do it. Preventing dogs from making their own decisions is animal cruelty.
>>
File: IMG_2130.jpg (910KB, 1635x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2130.jpg
910KB, 1635x2048px
My dog will run around the house and whip his stuffed puppy around wildly, crying and moaning, after a meal. The intensity of the "tantrum" depends on the deliciousness of whatever he just ate (pro tip: everything is delicious and he had multiple tantrums per day)

It's not that he's eaten too much, or something that upset his insides, or anything. It just happens if he eats something he really likes, no matter how small of a tidbit it is. The vet had never seen anything like it. He's been doing this ever since I got him, about two years now.
>>
>>2448049
>Preventing dogs from making their own decisions is animal cruelty.

My dog wants to run out onto the road every time I go out, should I let her? Stupid cunt.
>>
File: 1500826951813.jpg (50KB, 677x583px) Image search: [Google]
1500826951813.jpg
50KB, 677x583px
>>2447815
>go upstairs
>dog looking at me
>look at dog
>looks away
>stop ontop of stairs where the dog cant see me
>do fake footsteps because fucker figured it out
>hear dog sneaking to the kitchen
>go down the stairs
>go to the kitchen
>dog hears me
>runs to the other side of the kitchen
>tries to hide behind some buckets
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x578px
>>2447815
>catch him chewing on something he's not supposed to
>make eye contact
>he starts licking it instead
>>
>jumps in the pool
>gets out
>jumps back in
>gets out
>repeat until he's had enough
>finds the nearest dirt patch and rolls around in it
>sits at the door expecting to be let inside
>>
>>2448150

Alternatively

>catch him chewing on something
>"What are you eating?"
>whale eyes
>starts chewing faster
>>
>>2447815
my old great danes use to chatter their teeth when they were hungry.
>>
>>2448138
You left out the part where you're supposed to tell us why your dog being in the kitchen is bad.
>>
>>2448050
I had a dog who would whine and cry when I gave him a really good, extra special chew treat. He would just carry it around in his mouth aimlessly, crying out, occasionally stopping by me to whine a little. It was like he was so blown away he didn't know what to do with it or himself because it was so special. Imagine being this happy.
>>
File: 20170727_155831-774x1032.jpg (122KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_155831-774x1032.jpg
122KB, 774x1032px
He only enters an elevator if he's by my left side.
Is my dog autistic?
>>
>>2448247
Maybe he's just comfortable with that side, is he left paw'd? that could explain a bit.
>>
>>2448221
When we're on walks, my dog will grab things she knows she can chew on very calmly (sticks, grass--she doesn't eat the sticks, though. Just shreds them like an autist.) If it's something she knows I'm going to take away, she snatches it and tries to bolt. She thinks if she can chew it and swallow it before I give the "leave it" command that she gets to keep it, I guess.
>>
>>2448225
That's a sign of sexual excitation, Anon.
>>
>>2448240
I store my human meat there. Don't want my pal to get the taste y know?
>>
>>2448241
Yeah, mine does this with bully sticks. Once I have him a meatball and he didn't know what to do with it. Just held it in his mouth and ran around crying and dropping drool everywhere. He swallowed it whole because he's an idiot.
>>
>>2448225
My nova scotia duck tolling retriever does that, it'd be really fucking cute except she started doing that around the same time she started acting all weird and anxious and I'm afraid it's a symptom of some anxiety disorder or some weird inbred purebred doggy disease.
>>
>>2448050
Your dog has dogtism
>>
File: 1712.jpg (94KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1712.jpg
94KB, 728x546px
>>2448049
>Preventing dogs from making their own decisions is animal cruelty
You're a freewalking faggot, aren't you?
>>
>>2448524
>AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>2448241
I read it meant they were looking for a place to store it for safekeeping because it's so valuable to them. My dog does that with his squeaky dragon
>>
>>2448247
All dogs are autistic. We literally bred wolves to be autistic, and that's how we got dogs.
>>
>>2448074
She just wants to be an hero.
>>
>>2448398
I relate to this a lot. My puppy is obsessed with eating cicadas, I was carrying her inside and she fuckin snatched one out of the air. Proceeds to crunch it up before I realized she killed it. She'll find them dead on the ground and try to eat them too.
>>
My dog will sometimes pick something up on his walk.
Then, in order to try to hide the fact that he's carrying it, he'll suddenly be very well behaved and stick very close and basically try to "act natural" in the most obviously suspicious way possible.

He'll also throw his ball for himself. It's really cute.

And if you have a treat he really wants, he'll start doing every single trick that he knows, hoping that if he does enough he'll do the right one or you'll give it to him anyways
>>
>>2448138
lol
>>
>>2448150
my old dog did same thing. cute
>>
>>2448623
My retarded ass dog caught a wasp, tore it's stinger off, and ate the body of the wasp.

I still don't believe the dog that barks when I stand still managed to complete that task.
>>
My dog eats cattail roots. She digs them up and really likes the fermenting ones. She wolfs them down before I can stop her and invariably throws them up 2-3 days later. Her stomach rumbles for a day then she pukes them up, often in our bed and/or very early in the morning. The vomit smells like sweet cereal, sort of like Alpha-Bits or whatever.

She has done this for years and never learns. I heard they taste sweet; they are at least very starchy and probably taste good.
>>
>>2448403
>>2448487
Well that's odd. It was two brothers from the same litter, both neutered as pups. One did it from about 8 months on and the other picked it up after maybe 4 years. They were definitely inbred, fucking breeder was a cunt. They both lived to be 13 tho so the issues were non life threatening.
>>
My old pupper has been running head first into mirrors, I'm pretty sure he made himself retarded. The vet has no clue why he does this. I personally believe that my dog thinks he looks like Sloth from The Goonies and destroys anything that makes him see his reflection only because it's less depressing than my pupper trying to off himself
>>
>>2447815
>be me
>own pitbull
>only adopted him because the shelter said he was the best behaved
>he's normal size for a pitbull
>he actively hunts squirrels the second we get outside
>when ever we go near a play ground he seems to search for black kids
>if there's a black kid in the park he starts growling and barking
>but he's a good doggo
>>
>doing stuff around the house at night
>dog decides he wants to go to bed
>jumps on my bed
>whines and growls at me from the other room

>I finally decide it's my bed time too
>lay down with pupper and browse phone for awhile
>finally turn off light
>he leaves

Every. Fucking. Night. Even if I go straight to bed, he leaves when the lights go off, but he will spend hours growling and whining trying to get me to lay down with him.
>>
>I will howl at my dog
>he starts making a sound that sounds like whining
>proceeds to try and bark and howl a little
>once he's done he makes the whining sound a little more
>doesn't act like he's sad when I do it and seems happy

He never barks any other time and his previous owners used a bark collar on him like it was his normal collar. I think he likes howling or trying to, but I think he's either just too scared to try and howl because he's going to get shocked or he forgot how to bark and howl.
>>
>>2449156
my dog hates dark skinned people (not just blacks) as well, no idea why to be honest

She was a stray in an eastern european country tho, maybe something happend there..
>>
>>2449303
She probably wasn't exposed to dark-skinned people while young. Socialization and all. I've also read it's hard for dogs to read the facial expressions of dark-skinned people because of their vision.
>>
>>2449307
This anon is right. Might just be a lack of exposure with other animals.
>>
>>2449198
He values your night time cuddles. Alternatively, he's the reincarnation of a family member who is worried you don't get enough sleep
>>
>>2448241
Kek, yes- my dog will cry pitifully until I let her out to go bury the chew in the garden or she'll get frustrated and hide it in the sofa cushions. If you find it in the sofa it she waits until you leave to hide it again.
>>
>>2448150
>catch him chewing on something he's not supposed to
>make eye contact
>he runs and gulps it
>>
>refill dog's water bowl
>dog begins pawing water out of the bowl like he's trying to dig
>doesn't stop until only a quarter of water remains
>looks at me like he wants more water

I was always told he does it to cool his feet off because it's hot where we live, but he does this all the time.
>>
>dogs in the neighborhood barking and howling in unison
>my dog just chilling with his bone
>ignores all that nonsense
>all the dogs start to quiet down finally after 20 minutes
>dog decides now is the time
>goes outside
>gives one mighty BOOF
>neighborhood dogs go fucking insane again

Why
>>
>Neighbors Pond has some dead fish in it
>Dog jumps in, catches fish like a fucking Otter
>throws them on the ground and rolls around in it
>Dog smells like death itself
>Had to spend an entire saturday night sitting with my beighbor and some friends drinking beer while my dog just smelled like that one spoiled salami i accidentally left in my fridge
>>
>>2448050
thats a natural thing, that dog you have has a hunter instinct, hes just fulfilling the kill for his food.
>>
>Dog hates it when I play any instrument, especially the flute
>If I start playing he runs to his crate.
>If I follow him, his pointy ears droop down and he looks away. He even showed me his teeth once.
>Wife plays guitar or flute
>Dog relaxes, listens, gets close to her and falls asleep

Its not fair.
>>
>>2449363
your dog is a shitposter
>>
File: IMG_20170802_130558_568.jpg (2MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_130558_568.jpg
2MB, 2988x2988px
>puts my hand in her mouth and sucks it

why
>>
>>2449447
you just KNOW
>>
He farts, sneezes, eats food, breathes, licks his nuts, look up at the sky and ponders life, etc.
>>
>takes his toys up on my bed to chew them
>goes to the very edge to lay and chew them
>drops them off the side of the bed
>gets annoyed
>goes down to grab it then brings it back up
>repeat

ive put the toy in the center for him but he always takes it back to the edge again
he also hangs his ass over the edge of the pavement and shits onto the side of the road whenever possible
>>
>>2449496
>he also hangs his ass over the edge of the pavement and shits onto the side of the road whenever possible
I too have a sidewalk shitter.
>>
>>2448786
>And if you have a treat he really wants, he'll start doing every single trick that he knows, hoping that if he does enough he'll do the right one or you'll give it to him anyways

kek mine does this too. he'll see i have a bone or something and start frantically spinning and sitting down over and over
>>
>>2449363
Your dog wants (you)s
>>
>>2448786
>>2449508
Same problem.
He doesnt respond to the sit command, he responds to my hand looking like it has a treat.
>>
File: 1501876506227.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501876506227.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>2449393
Maybe you should just git gud, bitch.
>>
>>2449521
Try not keeping a treat in your hand? Show the treat, visibly put it down on a counter or the table, then give them the command.

One thing I've been doing is teaching my dog to associate specific hand signals with commands, as well as vocal cues, as he's an older dog and I want to make sure I can still give him commands if he goes deaf. I also have another command that means he can have a treat then.

Since I want to praise him without him thinking that praise means he can get the treat now (since I have him do multiple in order to get the treat, I've taught him a separate command that says "you can go get the treat now".
>>
File: IMG_20151110_073810.jpg (913KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_073810.jpg
913KB, 2448x3264px
My dog likes lickin' bellybuttons of people he likes, he tries to lift the shirt, and if he cant-he starts "digging" on the shirt.
Also, he smells butts, but not just dog butts.. he tries to smell the butt of every living thing.
People,Hedgehogs, the stray cats that hang out with us when we go for a walk, snails, frogs, large insects he catches, a baby bird etc.
>>
>>2449447
Nursing behavior leftover from puppyhood--it's comforting, sort of like a self-soothing thing.

As for why, it's possible that she was taken from her mother too soon and that's why she still does it. But even some dogs who aren't separated from their mother too soon do it.
>>
>>2449303
>>2449307
>>2449309
Gypsies.
>>
>>2450913
saving yer butt licker pic because very adorable
>>
My small dog keeps barking at my big dog and starting fights over retarded shit. The big dog has a huge branch and the small dog goes 'I want that' even though it likely isn't physically possible for him to pick it up. I'd prefer if they both fuck right off though, because the big dog wants everything as soon as another dog has it. Big enough to get it most of the time, even if it's the small dog chewing on a tiny leaf, he wants it, so the little dog retaliates. How do I train these cunts to appreciate the NAP and leave each other be when I'm not in the room?
>>
File: pug stair hop.gif (819KB, 290x204px) Image search: [Google]
pug stair hop.gif
819KB, 290x204px
>pupper hides face in fabric/blanket
>proceeds to growl and snap at it while he's trying to bury his nose in it
>"You ok?"
>he stops, looks up, then goes right back to what he was doing

also

>on walk
>grabs giant stick that he has to drag because it's so big
>pretends he's not carrying anything at all and prances like he's a show dog

and

>pupper being an asshole chewing up blanket/carpet
>some really loud obnoxious commercial comes on TV
>he stops, looks at it, and starts tilting his head back and forth

I found out he's terrified of his toys if we rub them against the wall. We did that with his nylabone once for shits and giggles and he was looking around the rest of the night like there was a facehugger lurking the corners. He was totally okay with the toy it's just that when we were sliding it around a wall it freaked him out. No idea why.
>>
File: 1499945065009.png (64KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
1499945065009.png
64KB, 250x164px
>>2450913
Wunt hug burtsnfer duggo.
>>
>>2451232
>grabs giant stick that he has to drag because it's so big
>pretends he's not carrying anything at all and prances like he's a show dog

Kek, mine does this. Nose high up in the air, chest puffed out, self-satisfied trot. Like hes been nominated for the Nobel prize for picking up that stick
>>
File: IMG_0738.jpg (467KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0738.jpg
467KB, 1080x1920px
>gets in her crate at night
>begins to howl and scream at 2am
>shits all over crate

Un-house trained 8 week old puppies are really fun. She'll get there but goddamn do I feel bad for my roommates and neighbors
>>
My dog is pretty quiet. He hardly ever barks and never growls; he is generally just a good boy. But he will go crazy if I fake-growl at him. He will start growling back and eventually bark at me. But he always waves his tail and acts playful when we do that, and he often goes to find one of his toys to play with me. Is this normal? Do all dogs do that?
>>
>>2451249
Why aren't you getting up and taking her out you idiot?
>>
>>2451249
>Lets dog shit in the crate
>Doesn't respond when it whines so it never associates the need to defecate with whining so it won't signal you when you need to take it out
>Dog won't be pottie trained and OP will think it's the dogs fault
>>
>>2451232
>>2451247
Yeah mine too, it's awesome.
She also did it with a "stick" once, that was actually a 5 meters long branch with many smaller branches and a shitload of leaves. She still pranced around.
>>
>>2451249
That's too young to be away from its mom. At 2 months old you should be taking it out every 2 hours to potty. You're the reason it's misbehaving
>>
>>2451335
I thought 6 weeks was the age it can go home with a family
>>
>>2449496
Is his name Pajeet?
>>
>>2448049
>eating chocolate
>dog sees
>wants some

Well better capitulate, don't want the ASPCA banging down my door.
>>
>>2451249
>crate
Ahahahahahahaha fucking pleb
Your dog is going to be such shit. It will literally never "get there"
>>
>>2449303
They smell different
>>
>>2451336
>>2451335
8 weeks is the youngest it can leave it's mother. 10-12 is ideal so it can learn better how to play and communicate with other dogs by testing boundaries with its siblings and mother. But 8 is okay as long as you're not a shitty owner. This doesn't apply to that anon obviously if he's allowing his puppy to shit in its crate.
>>
>>2451255
>>2451283
>>2451335
>>2451384
I take her out every time, but sometimes it's just her crying for attention. How can I tell the difference? I can't let her poop everywhere but I also need my fucking sleep and my girlfriend is gone for this week so I'm alone to take care of the pup. I don't WANT to fuck this dog up, so some suggestions other than "your dog is gonna be such a shit pleb lel" would be helpful
>>
File: Shrugging-Man.jpg (54KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Shrugging-Man.jpg
54KB, 400x266px
>dog picks up something she shouldn't like a slipper
>goes under the dining room table and stares at me with her tail wagging like crazy until I realize she's committed what she seems to think is the crime of the century
>>
>>2451464
Also, the advice I got from other websites and dog trainers was to ignore a crying puppy. I get so much conflicting advice, it's hard to know when to do what. Just now, she was running around after I was playing with her and just peed on the floor and when I went to clean that up, she ran to the other side of the room and pooped. Sometimes she warns me and sometimes she doesn't, which I get- she's learning still and is literally a baby. I'm not gonna punish her for doing what she needs to do and I don't resent her, I just wish there was solid, general advice instead of all these conflicting opinions on the internet and from other people such as vets, breeders, etc.
>>
>>2451476
>>2451464
And, one more thing- I put her in her crate so I could clean the messes without her trying to play tug of war with the cleaning supplies, and while I did that, she started screaming and crying again. I just can't tell when she's whining for attention, and whining because she actually has to go out. Does anyone know how to work with that and help her along so she just associates whining with potty time, but also doesn't start to learn that she can just whine and shriek to get my attention? I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place and overwhelmed.
>>
>>2450913
sick forearm gains bruv
>>
>>2451247
>>2451300
he's just trying to keep it away from snatchers you dognoobs
>>
He disapproves of my NEET lifestyle and will leave the room if I get on the computer.

It doesn't matter how many people are in the room, he walks out the minute I grab the mouse
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 192x262px
>>2451464
typical smug /an/-flavored derision aside:
>freshly independent
>apartment with roommates and girlfriend
>has a "pupper"

You just know this guy bought into the dog meme.
You know what I'm talking about.
My apartment complex has like +80% dog ownership because of this shit. God forbid someone moves in with a puppy. I don't care HOW much you walk that fucker, you ain't GONNA be ready, scrub.
It's not a puppy environment.

ANYBODY WITH ME?
>>
>>2451550
heh
>>
>>2451476
Sorry to hear, man. I'd go with the trainers advice.

Nobody likes it, and it's "inconsiderate" to your neighbors and such, but that's pup ownership.
And if it gets gnarly out there, get the shocker. Don't let the preteen activists on this site scare you. It's classic training. Just get a remote controlled one so it doesn't automatically shock the babby into oblivion.
>>
>bring dog inside after spending time playing outside
>runs all over the house
>jumps into my bed, starts to "dig" to get under the covers
>once under covers wiggles around the bed like a worm or something and barks randomly
>eventually falls asleep
>>
>>2449363
Based canine knows how to bait.
>>
File: gromit.jpg (31KB, 320x264px) Image search: [Google]
gromit.jpg
31KB, 320x264px
We live in a semi rural area adjacent to a large tract of public land. I actually encourage dogge to bark when someone enters the yard or a car come up the driveway.
>BaWoo!
Dogge barks.

I have a daughter who I call my sweet Baboo.
>You are not sweet Baboo
Dogge barks.

Also, I've farted loudly and the dog sniffs his own ass.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495167563832.jpg (46KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495167563832.jpg
46KB, 900x900px
>>2447815
>lays on the floor sleeping
>farts and wakes himself up
>continues farting with face right next to ass
no wonder his breath smells so bad
>>
>>2451479
A puppy can hold their bladder for one hour for every month old they are. 2 months = 2 hours. Every two hours, the puppy goes out.

>I need my sleep

Shouldn't have gotten a young puppy then, eh? They literally do not have the bladder capacity to hold it longer. Set an alarm and get up.

Take it out right after every meal, every drink, every play session, every nap. When you observe an accident, yell--not angrily, just enough to startle--and whisk puppy outside to finish. When you are cleaning the accident, use enzymatic cleaner to eliminate any familiar scent. Don't punish the dog when you catch them having an accident, or bother yelling when you find one after the fact.

If your dog is still having accidents and you're following this to the letter, your crate is too big. A healthy dog doesn't shit where it sleeps (provided you're taking it out properly). It should have enough room to turn around, not enough room to shit and still lie down out of the way.

The "let it cry itself out" is advice for when you're taking your dog out on time and expending its energy properly. If it's been exercised, fed, watered, and has gone to the bathroom in the last two hours, THAT'S when you ignore it.
>>
>>2451464
Don't let her out when she is whining, or else she WILL learn that she can just whine to get let out and get attention. Whining will become a very bad habit that's extremely hard to break. So do not let her out while she's whining. Ignore the whining. Reward quietness (either with a release from the crate, a treat, attention, etc.) Don't indulge the whining.

Instead, you need to be very vigilant in taking her out on a schedule. Literally every 2 hours at this point. She's in her crate overnight? You need to be getting up every 2 hours to let her out. You make sure she gets outside on time, she she won't need to shit in her crate. If she's whining, wait for her to stop and then let her out. Yes, you will get lousy sleep the first few months of owning a puppy. That's just how it is.

>>2451644
This, exactly.

>>2451565
>And if it gets gnarly out there, get the shocker.
Do not do this, you'll create a neurotic mess. Shocking her while she's in her crate will make her associate the crate with getting shocked. You want her to enjoy the crate so she can relax and be calm in there. Even if the shock collar stops the whining/barking, it won't stop her from being in distress.
>>
>>2451557
My puppy lived in an apartment her whole life and she turned out more than fine.
Just because you can't do it doesn't mean nobody can.
>>
>>2451644
They don't need to go out every 2 hours at night. My puppy slept 6 hours nights right away when we got her. They can hold it in longer and easier at night when they're asleep.
>>
>>2447815
My dog used to lick my face to wake me up.
Now she just headbutts me.
Send help.
>>
>>2447815
>arrive at dog park
>remove harness
>dog makes beeline to opposite side of park
>does laps without interacting with other dogs
>other dogs are curious and start chasing him
>he runs straight back in my direction and jumpds into my arms
>some dogs disperse
>some don't and charge right into my shins
>>
>>2447815
>Dog gets excited
>He gallops around the house like a fucking horse
what the fuck
>>
>>2451812

zoomies
>>
>>2451782
>anons trying to help someone but their advice doesn't line up with my own personal experience
>anecdotal evidence to the rescue!!!

The puppy is shitting in its crate and isn't even sleeping, just whining all night (because it needs to shit). obviously OP trying to sleep through it isn't working.
>>
>>2451887
Which likely happens because he leaves it there for more than 6 hours.
It's not anecdotal evidence, all puppies can hold it in longer when they're asleep at night. Just because it's longer than an hour or two doesn't mean it's dusk to dawn.
>>
>>2451812
kek
>tail bent downwards like a half circle
>ears tucked back
>litterally gallops around the house, runs in circles/eights

every dog I know does that sometimes
does anyone know why?
Is the excitement level too high before this happens?
>>
>>2451792
That's interesting shit
>>
>>2451792
Your dog is fucking with you anon
He probably is aware of the situation
>>
>4 month old lab ix puppy
>walks up to me and jumps up putting his hind legs on my legs
>begins to whine uncontrollably
>Falls on floor to expose belly for me to rub it
>grunts like a pig while whining
>whines when I stop
every fucking day
>>
my dog won't 'smile' for photos. even when in group of other happy doggos posing for the camera. he smiles when he wants to.
>>
>>2448623
my dog tries to eat june bugs but then gets pissed off when they move and stomps on them
>>
>>2449363
>>2451792
Shitposting doggos
>>
My dog refuses to be photographed. Whenever someone tries to take a photo of him, he will rudely look away from the lens, even when there is no flash or light involved to irritate or scare him. It's like he knows he is being photographed and gets shy.

Or maybe it's the fact that he is autistic and doesn't like people looking at him in general. On several occasions I've spotted him looking away from me or anyone else when we stare at him, but will turn his sight right back at us if we look away. I don't know if he's shy, scared or just a sneaky cunt.
>>
>>2451921
This is my dogs favorite game. He just likes to show how fast he is, and that you can't catch him. For reference, he's a shepherd mix.
>>
>>2447815
All four of his legs shoot off like champagne corks every damn day
>>
>>2452071
I believe if they look away from your stare it's a sign of respect/submission. Don't quote me on that though.
>>
>>2452229
I know that it's a sign of respect if they generally sit/sleep with their back turned to you, as in saying "I trust you as the pack leader and I have faith that you will not backstab me."
But instantly turning his gaze away from me when I look at him? I'm getting more of a "stop staring at me you fucking creep" vibe from it. Like I'm making him uncomfortable.
>>
>>2451232
My dog is just scared of balloons. I stuck one on him for laughs once and he flipped his shit.
>>
>>2452343
Oh and he also goose steps. I don't get why. He just never bends his legs, it's not PAINFUL, and he can but chooses not to??
>>
File: 23523462.jpg (472KB, 1280x1755px) Image search: [Google]
23523462.jpg
472KB, 1280x1755px
>>2452345
>goose steps
Is he a German Shepherd, by any chance?
>>
>>2452343
All my dogs were terrified of balloons too. I think it's an inherited thing, like how cats are instinctively afraid of cucumbers. Like they were arch enemies in primordial times, before the dawn of man and the domestication of these mammals, and before the mass hunting and near-extinction of balloons and cucumbers by mankind.
>>
>doesn't run at me or other stuff in a straight line, makes a half circle towards her target

Think it's a Malinios thing but she just looks like a big dip when she does it
>>
>have super sweet, calm Great Pyr rescue
>kind to everyone, human and animal alike, very playful
>unphased by almost everything
>deathly afraid of bicycles, skateboards, baby strollers, and scooters

He's fine with cars, but flips his shit at those items. He will dive into bushes, hide behind me, or even try to run into the street if he sees one of those coming at him. I have to have him step off the path and lay down so he doesn't bolt.
Even the neighborhood kids, whom he loves and often plays with, scare him when they ride by the yard. I just wonder if something happened to him before we rescued him or if he just doesn't know what kind of strange creature is carrying the humans away.
>>
File: 1500580351995.png (462KB, 455x561px) Image search: [Google]
1500580351995.png
462KB, 455x561px
>>2452378
kek
>>
>>2448475
>>2448475

>He swallowed it whole because he's an idiot.

I'm fucking dying of laughter over here
>>
Whenever he pisses inside our house, my dog starts to act in a suspicious/guilty manner, as if he knew he have done something wrong. He starts to crawl, lowers his ears, and then when he reachs you he throws himself on his back askung you to cuddle him. Then I know he has just pissed somewhere and I ask him in a serious tone "what have you done?" and he inmediatly gets up and in he crawls to the backyard door (even if we are upstairs). Then I open the door, but he will stay at the entrance, as if he is expecting me to pardom or punish him. If I find nearby the piss puddle, I'll ask him more energetically "what did you do!?" and he then gets out to the backyard, five feet away from the door, watching me and lowering his head and body asking for forgiveness. Then I firmly tell him that he's grounded, and walk away leaving the door open. Then I watch him waiting for me to "lift his grounding" he just stands (or sits?) still for a couple minutes until I call him and tell him he's not grounded anymore, which makes him pretty happy.
>>
>>2451782
Just because some puppies will be able to sleep through longer than 2 hours without waking up and needing to go out, doesn't mean all will. You'll be lucky if your puppy is able to sleep through the night like that. Most young puppies will wake up every few hours--and if they do, they WILL need to go potty.

Obviously, every dog is different and some puppies will be able to hold it longer than others, but 1 hour/month of age is a good GENERAL rule for how often puppies need to go out. You start with that assumption and adjust based on your individual puppy's habits.
>>
>>2452071
A direct, unblinking stare is generally intimidating to dogs, and so they will look away as a way to say "chill, I'm no threat to you." It's a fairly instinctive thing.

That said, a camera lens can look sort of like a big unblinking eye to some dogs, so it being pointed at them makes them nervous.
>>
>>2452276
Yes, staring can make dogs uncomfortable. He looks away to try and diffuse the situation.
>>
>>2452404
Nah, that's normal polite dog behavior. Doggie social manners indicate that making a direct beeline for someone is very forward and aggressive i.e. rude--polite dogs approach people/dogs in an arch, especially if it's someone unfamiliar to them. If they are more familiar with someone, they may feel more comfortable running straight towards them as it's more appropriate than doing it to a stranger. But some dogs will still prefer to approach in an arch, even with those they know well.
>>
>>2452598
>I just wonder if something happened to him before we rescued him
Possibly, but it's more likely that he just wasn't socialized with those types of objects so they are strange and scary to him. Novel objects that move = spooky to a lot of dogs.
>>
>>2452649
That's pretty normal behavior. Mine acts like that all the time too. I used to give him a very light slap on the butt when he was younger and he quickly understood that misbehaving has consequences. Now he is old though, about 11-12, so I just give him a break if he can't hold it once in a while.
>>
>>2452662
>>2452664
I see. It's a case of dog aspergers then.
>>
>>2449363
My dog shitposts as well, exactly as described. He will wait for all the other dogs to have their 20 minute barking session while he chills then the minute it stops he'll take himself outside and let out one loud bark to set the others off, then come back in to bed.
>>
>>2452700
Nah, more like normal dog social convention and social skills. So...opposite of aspergers?

Besides, humans staring at other humans is considered rude/creepy as well. It's just that dogs are more sensitive to it since they can't talk and rely almost entirely on body language to communicate.
>>
>>2449363
>>2452707
My aunt's dog does the opposite. She enjoys naps in the sun, in the garden.
If the other dogs are barking too much, she eventually gets up, prepares herself (idk what to call it, it's like she's thinking hard about it and getting ready, really) and lets out one single mighty bark. Real loud, real deep. The other dogs invariably shut up.
And then she goes back to her nap.
>>
>>2451550
Do you shout when you play games?
>>
>>2452712
Your aunt's dog is a moderator. Neat.

>>2452711
Yeah, I suppose.
By the way, is that an inherited thing, or does a dog develop that reflex as it grows older? Because I don't recall him looking away from my gaze when he was a pupper.
>>
>>2447815
>Have to take my Jack Russell out into the yard every morning
>get to the glass sliding door to let him out
>he looks at me, looks away and starts stretching
>open the door
>he looks at me again and starts stretching again in the exact same way
>literally will rinse and repeat until I close the door and give up
My dog figured out what stalling is last year after 10 years of owning him and ever since it's been a pain in the ass to get him outside without having to bribe him with leftover fortune cookies. Retraining time here I come.
>>
>>2452727
>is that an inherited thing, or does a dog develop that reflex as it grows older?
I think a bit of both? Puppies figure out social skills as they grow and mature, taking cues from other dogs and from humans as well. But they are also just genetically inclined to interpret certain things in certain ways (like a stare-down is just...inherently an intimidating thing to a dog.)

So, think of it like...direct staring at puppy inherently makes him feel uncomfortable, but he hasn't yet figured out the "look away to diffuse the tension" social skill yet. As he matured, he figured it out.
>>
>>2452718
I don't play videya
>>
My mother bought herself some small 1kg dumbbells, covered in some plastic. Dog was instantly fascinated with them. Jokingly gave her one, she grabbed it and thought it was a bone or something. After having taking it back, my mom put them on some cupboard. Dog spent 30 minutes staring at them, not moving. Eventually she even grabbed one (she *never* ever grabbed anything of any kind of furniture, not even food)... Now the dumbbells are inside a drawer and she just sits in front of it and waits. She didn't even know where we had put them, I was keeping her busy elsewhere while my mother hid them. She still sniffed and found them. Don't know what they put in that fancy blue plastic, but she seemed to like it.
Hopefully she'll forget about them soon, I'm waiting for a delivery of kibble and I bought some new dog toys since she finally destroyed one of hers. Kinda hoping she'll forget about the dumbbells.
>>
>>2452649
Mine does this too! I never punished him during potty training though so I'm not sure why he acts so guilty and anxious.

>new apartment
>dog had been chewing a new moose antler all day, just fucking DESTROYING it
>all that antler marrow gives him the protein shits
>I haven't left my old job yet and have to commute two hours, no way I could come home for lunch and let him out, plus I didn't know he'd be so sick or I'd have sent someone to check on him
>come home
>he is acting so guilty and nervous he is actually shaking
>tries to block my path before I can see where he shit
>you can tell he actually tried to make it to the bathroom floor where it would be easier to clean--small drips of shit on the carpet, leading to the tile--he never goes in the bathroom so this is deliberate

Poor guy.
>>
File: FUCKOFFMYPONGBITCHASSSLOOT.jpg (56KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKOFFMYPONGBITCHASSSLOOT.jpg
56KB, 640x360px
My dogs have a lot of quirky behavior but I think my GSD pup has been the weirdest

>heavy rainstorm
>shepherd explores his first puddle
>returns to that spot later, puddle as dried up
>sad pupper

>months later another heavy rainstorm
>puddle returns
>now older pupper overjoyed at return of puddle
>other dogs want to play in the puddle too
>literally zones them away from the puddle with nips and barks

>over the summer this is his routine of puddle guarding after every rainstorm

He does not behave this way over food, toys, owner, or anything except this puddle. And he only likes THIS puddle.
>>
My dog purrs when she wants attention, a toy or food that isn't dog food. Well, more like she's kinda snorting softly with her nose full of snot.
>>
my golden REALLY likes his butt to get scratched, which would be fine if he didn't give the nearest human a lapdance whenever he wants to get scratched more
>>
>>2449064
I just don't want my puppy to get sick from eating dumb shit but it's hard to keep her out of it.
>>
>>2451249
My puppy is about the same age and I have no problem with her in the house really. I had to crate her yesterday for six hours because I had college orientation, she shit and made a huge mess but she only goes in the crate when left alone. I take her out every hour when I'm awake, go to sleep around midnight, wake up at 430-500 when she does and take her out then. It's exhausting but that schedule works for 90% of accidents. She's getting where 2-3 hours isn't a problem but I like walking her.
>>
>>2451572
My puppy likes to dig at the pillow/blanket mess I sleep on and bury her head into it hiding it. Idk why but it's kind of cute.
>>
>>2451644
What kind of enzymatic cleaner to get? I haven't seen any at the store so Amazon probably my best bet. I'm not the guy you're responding to but my mattress smells like piss from first week accidents.
>>
>>2451791
Mine bites my feet to wake me up. Still working on training her to not bite the shit out of me and bite toys instead when she's awake. Going decently well until people come over and decide it's okay to let her bite them.
>>
>>2452064
Cicadas are my dogs favorite things to find I think. She'll pee a couple times then poop, after that it's nose to the ground balls to the wall searching for dead or living cicadas.
>>
There should be a shit your cat does thread. Cats are better.
>>
>>2453036
as long as it specifically says "enzymatic" on the bottle you should be okay. I used nature's miracle when my dog was a puppy.
>>
>>2452978
That's cute. You should fill it up with a hose for him
>>
>>2453074
Lmao no
>>
>9 dogs in the neighborhood
>all bark at the mailman every day
>get onto windows and scream at the fucker
>neighbor dog is a tard and barks at houses all day
>dogs pass by him when walked and they go apeship
>One dog barking sets off a chain reaction of barking through the neighborhood
>barking for 15 minutes
.>at least one dog shits in the neighbors yard all of the time
>>
>>2453094
What's so funny dog fucker?
>>
My dog is about 10 weeks old and he won't leave my side, I've had to start crate training and I hate that. Just can't deal with separation anxiety from other dog.
>>
>>2448050
Two of my boys celebrate their food as well, like it gets them in a fucking great mood and they just want to play and horse around. Post-dinner is definitely when they get the rowdiest. Your dog sounds fucking hilarious. I wish 4chan was cool/safe enough to share snapchats. I wish I could see yours and you could see my retards.
>>
>>2448150
Lmao
>>
>>2448475
>swallowed it whole because he's an idiot.
I fucking hate when they do that. Defeats the whole purpose of delicacy type treats. Fucking idiots. The day they thoroughly chew and savor a treat I'll start giving them steak.
>>
>>2449340
My roommate's dog (which will be mine next week when he moves and abandons it) does this with goose poop. Sneaky nasty fat fuck.
>>
>>2448475
Fuck.
My parents had a Shiba when I was a kid (this was pre-memeing) and he was so weird about food. If you gave him like, a peanut, he would chew it a good 10 times before swallowing.
If you gave him something bigger like a carrot he'd try to swallow it whole and choke himself.
>>
>>2452808
Welp, while she wasn't looking I put the new ball in the drawer.
Next time she went to look, I opened it and gave her the ball. She's happy with it and all, but she still goes back to the drawer for the dumbbells, damnit.
>>
>>2450951
Yelling. My dogs get spooked when anyone yells. After they've learned it makes you mad you can start alternating your reaction. Dial it back a bit. I've turned "gdi what the fuck are you barking at" to a soft "shhh". They bark at trees moving with the wind. Or at least they used to.
>>
File: lewd.jpg (23KB, 320x241px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
23KB, 320x241px
>>2453338
>If you gave him something bigger like a carrot he'd try to swallow it whole and choke himself.
>>
>>2453312
>make snapchat just for 4chan
>nothing but cute dog pics
>>
>>2453609
>Not living the dream taking pictures of dogs for an anonymous audience.
>>
File: IMG_0261.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0261.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>2449231
just try a little bit more, anon. he'll get it eventually.
>>
File: 20170804_170529.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_170529.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
My pit always lays like a cat and walks kind of like a lion. He loves to walk infront of people who are in a hurry and lays down in their way or in the middle of our small kitchen. (Its also wierd because hes popular amoung austin animal shealters and so we always get people who know our doggo and are slightly weirded out)
>>
>>2453681
Trim those nails nigga.
>>
>>2449156
>>2449303
>of all the four word statements in the English language, one is sadder than any other
>/pol/ was right again
>>
>>2451357
That chocolate is bad for dogs is a myth.
>>
>>2453020
My dog does this. Looks over his shoulder to make eye contact and grunts seductively while rubbing his butt on your leg. I think it's cute, but kinda embarrassing when people come over.

Also, I guess he got sick because he pooped in the house for the first time in YEARS. He acted scared when I got home and when I found it, he had shoved a few notebooks over on top of it. Ultimately that made the mess much worse, but I think he was trying to bury it. I love my dog. He's such a sweety.
>>
File: 1481956144838.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1481956144838.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>3am
>dog in neighborhood so much as thinks about barking
>my dog starts barking
>Already gone through this many times
>He knows its wrong and I'm gonna get him for it
>Reach out from bed and open door a little bit
>Dog hears doorknob
>quiet for rest of the night

Still makes me mad since it wakes me up. He knows its fucked so why does he do it
>>
>>2454441
It's a compulsion. He acts before his brain can process it.
>>
>>2453681
Clip your poor dogs nails.
>>
File: IMG_5868.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5868.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2447815
>>2447815
Take dogs to the dog park, after an hour and a half it's time to leave, tell asshole on the left let's go he runs into the dog pool, JUST far enough out of reach so I can't grab him. Sides are too slippery to walk into the pool. Swims to the opposite side to run out of the pool and go back to playing. But I follow him until he finally gives up and gets out. Angel on the right comes immediately. Strange because he is extremely well behaved at home. Just acts like a dummy out in public.
>>
File: IMG_20170609_191031_1.jpg (456KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170609_191031_1.jpg
456KB, 1200x1600px
>Dog knows she's not supposed to be on furniture
>instead she waits until I sit down
>She'll lay her top half of her body on my lap, but keep her bottom half and hind legs on the floor standing upwards, but resting herself on me
also
>tested this one out, sit in every chair in the house, she's as calm as can be and just wants to be by my side
>sit in a very specific chair, one near the kitchen
>She goes ABSOLUTELY BALLISTIC seeking for affection, runs all over the place, tries to jump in my lap, aggressively nudging my arm over her head
>Doesnt happen with any other chair in the house, just this one specific one
>cant think of anything that relates this chair towards her behavior, its just the chair I relax on
I think my dog has severe autism
>>
>>2447815
He went blind in one eye after running into the neighbor's car (Seriously he charged it when the guy stopped I saw it) and now he occasionally forgets he's blind in that eye and bonks himself turning his head.
I've put serious thought into making a padded eyepatch for him.
>>
>>2454759
If its your normal chair its probably where she gets the most affection. So she's like holy shit its time to get pet.
>>
>>2447815
Have 2 dogs, one big dog one small, given different food.

If I catch small dog eating big dogs food and yell at him he'll spit it out and run away
>>
Things my dog is afraid of:
>Ladders
>The washing rack
>My farts
>My mum's inhaler
>The word "bath"
>>
My dog gets absurdly happy if you start chanting her name like she's a sports pro or a ruler. She doesn't get that happy if you're just softly chanting it or yelling normally.
>>
My dog hates his food (dry food) and will not eat it until it's late and he is really hungry. Yet he will absolutely eat it all any time if I feed it to him by hand, pellet by pellet. He is a spoiled fucking baby.
>>
>>2455187
Same.
>>
>curious sniffing of something will always be followed by at least one experimental lick 100% of the time
>this includes pants, books, plants, chairs, people's feet, etc
>>
>dog is a rescue, extremely skittish
>only likes to go outside at night
>doesnt go out during the day if any people, cars, or anything else makes noise
>only exception is he will rush the fence if he sees another dog
>if its daytime he'll spend almost no time outside, only enough to go pee/poop then immediately run back inside
>holds his pee in for most of the day because too scared to go outside, then pees for like 30 seconds when he finally does
>night time (usually some point between midnight and 3am) he'll take his time and spend a good while walking and sniffing around before/after doing his business
>>
>feeding dog blueberries
>takes a single blueberry, goes to his bed, eats it extremely carefully, peels the skin off the berry first, licks the juice out.
>whole process of eating one berry takes him a minute
>goes insane unless I give him another or ignore him for a while

He only does this with blueberries, all the other snacks he scarfs down.
>>
>>2455251
>give dog a tiny piece of banana, apple or a single grape
>goes crazy for the whole day, like I injected him with a strong mix of redbull, pure adrenaline and cocaine
>>
>>2455253
Yo fuckhead, dogs will die from grapes
>>
>>2455253
Don't give your dog grapes, they're poisonous. It probably won't kill your dog to give him a single grape, much the same way that a tiny bit of milk chocolate won't. But raisins and, occasionally, grapes can and do kill dogs. There's a bunch of signs hanging up in my vet's office warning not to feed animals grapes.
>>
>>2455255
>>2455256
Ah, I wasn't aware. Anyways, I've only given him a grape like once or twice.
>>
>>2455278
Oh good. Sorry for calling you a fuckhead.
>>
me tengo que crear una cuenta o siempre tengo que entar anonimamente
>>
>>2454684
I think it's just something in german shepherds that makes them go completely retarded around water.
>>
>>2455289
This is a Czechoslovakian image board, speak English!
>>
>>2455251
My dog will fucking fight me for a carton of raspberries but will spit out blueberries.

I think he has a preference for sour things.

>dog stares at me while I eat a sour food
>"no, you won't like sour plum jam/kimchi/lemon bar/mustard/etc."
>give him a small taste, thinking he'll be put off by it and stop begging
>he puts his head in my lap and begs for more
>>
Mine will run up to random bushes and just start sniffing them, and will stay there till I tell her to get moving
>>
>>2454379
I thought it was only dark chocolate that was bad? Grapes also are dangerous I've read.
>>
>>2455430
Mine likes to jump into bushes and just romp around before taking a shit. She's a good girl most of the time, just needs to stop treating me like a chew toy all the time.
>>
>>2454379
>>2455630
It's bad, but even with dark chocolate, they'd have to eat a lot of it. Any dog over 5kg could eat a whole tablet and live, probably even more. White chocolate isn't deadly like the others, but it's still plenty bad because it contains a lot of sugar.
Also chocolate is immediately bad for dogs' kidneys, but well again not that much.
>>
>>2448487
This is why all dogs should be mutts
>>
>>2449462
But dogs can't look up
>>
>>2455885
Not certain, but isn't it the cocoa itself that's bad for them? In that case dark would be worse. I doubt there is much actual cocoa in cheap, average chocolate.

I remember one Halloween my dog ate a family sized bag of Reeses lol. Every single one, and licked every wrapper clean.
>>
>>2455974
I don't know what's worse, the idiot that started this old wives tale, or the idiots that continue to believe it.
>>
>>2452387
my dog loves balloons. we play a game of keep up and he uses his nose to boop it
>>
File: Dag.jpg (371KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Dag.jpg
371KB, 1632x1224px
>My back yard and the house behind mine is separated with a chain link fence that we let a grape vine go wild in for privacy
>Still a few gaps to peek through
>Dog doesn't bark more than a woof or three a week, so she never makes her presence known when hanging out in the back
>Lady behind us always out in the back tending to her flowers
>My dog just lays there and peeks through the vines being a creep
>She has little beady eyes, and the sharp, angled face. Really looks like a coyote face if you just see it out of the corner of your eye.
>Almost once a week when out back for a cigarette, hear the lady gasp and say "JESUS! Oh.. Suka don't scare me like that sweetheart." and sticks her fingers through the fence to scratch her nose.

I strike up a conversation with her every now and again. Sweet older lady. I apologized one day for Suka being a creep and scaring her but the lady seems to be okay with it. A little spooky but she thinks its funny. Between her spots and the shade of the tree she said she never notices Suka is watching her until her face is like literally two feet away from the dog.

I mean I feel kind of bad, having my dog surprise her any time she's minding her own business but I don't know.. We both find it kind of funny too.
>>
File: BandanaDogsAreCutestDogs.png (2MB, 1199x738px) Image search: [Google]
BandanaDogsAreCutestDogs.png
2MB, 1199x738px
>>2458441
Also other things, but they are general dog things.

>She's a licking machine
>Just let it fly for a bit
>Tell her to knock it off
>STARTS LICKING FASTER

>She brings ball to me
>Take it from her
>She goes BOLTING off into the yard looking for the ball like I threw it even though I haven't even raised my arm to throw it yet

>Dog on TV
>She picks her head up and wags
>Dog walks out of frame
>She jumps off the couch and starts looking behind the TV for the disappearing dog

>Doesn't know how to handle sprinklers. Stands directly in the spray half biting at it half panicking because she's being blasted by water
>Also wet dog zoomies

>She knows she's way faster than other dogs. Well, a border collie may be able to run her down but she is way faster than any of the dogs she's met
>Teases the other dogs with the rope until they start chasing her because chase is fun
>If the other dog isn't interested, she keeps draping the rope over the other dog's face until it gets interested

I'm so happy I got her. I've been hurting for a dog for a long time before I found her at the animal shelter. Quality of life vastly improved.
>>
>>2448475
isn't chewing like a solely herbivorous concept, and dogs just don't have any chewing teeth at all?
Or are they omnivores like us that have both types of teeth?
>>
>>2448241
>"Make" frozen meatballs for spaghetti one day
>Just the little ones, not big monster meat balls
>Start plopping them in the pot of spaghetti
>See puppy sitting there. A bit too young to know people food but interested in what I'm doing
>Cut one in half and toss it in her bowl for her
>Swallows both pieces whole
>Throws them back up five minutes later

Ah, dogs are such a delight. She did have a 'swallowing food whole' and 'eating so fast she'll throw up' problem for a while. Kind of scared me, I was afraid she'd choke. These days she's better at chewing stuff up. I think it came from me holding snacks for her to nibble on. For example, if I had a steak with a bone I'd sit there holding the bone with both hands to let her nibble off it. Also I usually lean a line of corn on the cob and do the same thing. Something about it seems to have gotten through to her because now she's way better at chewing her food. She'll get a mouthful of dog food, spit it out all over the carpet and lay there and crunch away on each piece individually. She'll chew french fries or little bits of meat scraps I give her. Chewing only started happening once she figured out how to get the corn off the cob.

I guess what I'm getting at is if you want them to chew their food, try holding it and not letting go so the only way they can get it is to chew pieces of it off. Might be worth a shot.
>>
>>2448150
kek'd
>>
My dog's a good boy.

Every time around Christmas the hustle and bustle of the holidays wears him out with family members all over the house and the tree up and people vacuuming and kids screaming and pulling his tail. So he paws at my door so I can hear him push it open as if he's knocking and stand outside until I get up, open the door, and welcome him in.
He'll just stay in here for a couple of hours then go to the door when he's ready to go back out.
He's usually In a better mood afterwards.
>>
File: 1494041017114.jpg (69KB, 750x940px) Image search: [Google]
1494041017114.jpg
69KB, 750x940px
>>2448150
>Dog is playing with the cat
>Biting, batting it in the face, chomping the tail
>Cat is having fun too, smacking the nose, pouncing on the dog, also chomping the waggy tail
>Watch them for a bit
>Dog glances at me
>Notices I'm watching
>Starts to gently lick the cat's face and not using her feets to play

Puhleez. Like I don't know you guys beat the tar out of each other every day. There's been plenty of times I've pet the cat and noticed it's wet. I've seen the scratches on your nose. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
File: Mz5e5VA.jpg (39KB, 480x447px) Image search: [Google]
Mz5e5VA.jpg
39KB, 480x447px
>>2458502
>tfw dog knows how to remove itself from a situation rather than get moody

Mine does the same thing. She does love people, she does love kiddos, she'll totally run upstairs when she hears the door open because FUCK YEAH PLAY TIME. I spent some time pulling her ears and tail too just so that when she encounters a rude kid she won't get pissed. She'll just leave. She also doesn't mind people playing with her poofy tail. Heck, if we're just standing around I'll just hold on to her tail. Loose so she can walk away when ever she wants but she seems to enjoy the contact.

When she's had enough she'll retire to my room and nap under the desk. She'll respond to me calling her but will stay put if she hears one of the little kids singing her name to get her to come out when she's done playing for a bit. Even if a kid does find her she'll just be boring until they wander off to find something else to do.
>>
>>2458449
>>Dog on TV
>>She picks her head up and wags
>>Dog walks out of frame
>>She jumps off the couch and starts looking behind the TV for the disappearing dog
My dog never does that.
She absolutely doesn't care about dogs on TV at all. She's only interested when it's birds or big feathers on screen.
>>
>>2449156
I don't even like shitbulls but it sounds like you got a winner there
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.