[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are they good pets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: guinea-pig-1.jpg (40KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
guinea-pig-1.jpg
40KB, 400x298px
are they good pets
>>
>>2447775
>weeee weeeee weeee weeee weeeee
>>
It depends on what you're looking for.
They eat and shit constantly.
From my experience, they don't seem to really get attached to you or like you all that much (but they are totally comfortable screaming at you when they want something)
Good with kids though. They don't really bite and don't seem to care how you pet them.
>>
The work involved is almost the same as that required for rabbits so you may want to consider a couple bunny buns instead if you have the space.
>>
>>2447775
they are noisy in pairs, and can smell alot.
most of them are pretty shy but they are great with kids, so id give it a yes on the good pets part
>>
>>2447775
No, unless you want an accesorie to look cute if you are a gurl

Or if you are a permavirgin neet from r9k

They are really boring pets, I'd rather get a fish if I wanted interaction but it all depends on you OP. In my opinion they are shitpets, good for sociopaths though

They don't get attached, they are hard to train and can't train them in complex ways, they shit and eat all day every day, they suffer if you just let them all day on a fucking cage

Get something smarter, like a rat if you want a reasonable pet
>>
>>2447983
>>>2447775 (OP)
>No, unless you want an accesorie to look cute if you are a gurl
>Or if you are a permavirgin neet from r9k
>They are really boring pets, I'd rather get a fish if I wanted interaction but it all depends on you OP. In my opinion they are shitpets, good for sociopaths though
>They don't get attached, they are hard to train and can't train them in complex ways, they shit and eat all day every day, they suffer if you just let them all day on a fucking cage
>Get something smarter, like a rat if you want a reasonable pet

>they are boring and don't interact
>get a fish instead
Gg
>>
>>2447796
>>2447980
Please never never get them for your kids. All of the guinea pigs I've seen abandoned or taken to the vet with horrible spurs, impaction, infections, or other injuries were bought as "presents" for someone's kids. Kids don't know how to handle guineas. They are prey animals used to living in open spaces. They are programmed to be highly anxious and mishandling can give them issues later on in life. Plus their spines are incredibly delicate. They are very bad at defending themselves and cannot give firm physical warnings that what you're doing is hurting them, so many kids injure their guineas through accidentally holding them incorrectly or petting them too firmly. If you leave their cages uncleaned for more than a week they will develop spurs and bumble foot. Males will fight if you do not properly monitor them, but will be depressed if left alone. A child cannot be expected to properly monitor their pets and clean their environment. They also need fresh veggies and hay every day or they can develop intestinal disease and scurvy.

Please DO NOT get a guinea pig for your child unless you too have the time and finances to properly care for them. And DO NOT entrust them to your children without supervision at all times.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.