[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitten with diarrhea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170804_133629927 - Copy.jpg (589KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_133629927 - Copy.jpg
589KB, 780x1040px
I need help people.
My 3 month kitten has diarrhea for 4 days now.
5 days ago my mother gave it half a slice of cheese to eat, and the next day it had diarrhea. She also stepped on it and made a mess on the floor.
I initially thought it was because of the cheese, but it continued a second day and I called the vet. He told me it's probably food related, and to give her very small portions of food until she is ok again. It's 4 days now, my vet is on vacation, and the kitten still has diarrhea. I have to be checking her sand constantly in order to instantly clean it up when she poops.
What do I do?
>>
>>2447652
Find a better vet that still gives a shit about his patients even on vocation. Those are rare but they exist (i was lucky to find one). The kitten might have intestinal parasites. Examine his poo.
That said wtf was your mother thinking giving a 3 month old kitty human food?
>>
>>2447652
take it to another vet if you're that concerned. baby animals get diarrhea often. don't know what to tell you. maybe feed it quality food instead of w/e is cheap at walmart if you aren't already
>>
>>2447673
She has been dewormed and de-fleaed for at least 1.5 month now, ever since I got her off the street.

>That said wtf was your mother thinking giving a 3 month old kitty human food
I know, I even told her specifically not to give her dairy products

>>2447675
>maybe feed it quality food instead of w/e is cheap at walmart if you aren't already

I am feeding her Purina dry food, for kittens up to 1 y.o. I switched the specific type, about 3 days now, but it's still Purina. I don't think it has to do with her diarrhea though, since she had it 1 day before I switched dry food
>>
>>2447688
buy some fromm or orijen cat food
>>
>>2447688
Stop feeding dry food, and stop feeding Purina
>>
>>2447718
She was fine with dry food for 1.5 month up until now, her stool was all fine.
>>
Don't know much about cats and their nutrient needs, but make sure she's hydrated as constant diarrhea will make her lose a lot of fluid. Buy a small syringe or pipette and drop some water into her mouth if you notice signs of dehydration (dry, tacky, or pale gums, and/or squeeze the scruff of the neck and if the skin takes a while to smooth out after, she's dehydrated). You can also buy unflavored pedialyte since it can help give a little calories as well as hydration.
>>
>>2447729
Is that your excuse for feeding absolutely shit teir food?
>>
Go to a pet store or pharmacy and get some probiotic paste (advita or EZ soothe). Most cats love it and it.
>>
>>2447652
>Go to a pet store or pharmacy and get some probiotic paste (advita or EZ soothe). Most cats love it and it

it helps balance the stomach.
Switching food too quickly can upset the tummy, you should gradually add more of the new food and mix it with the old food over 2-3 weeks.
>>
Switch to a higher quality canned or raw diet. Dose with probiotics (benebac is a good one for kittens) for at least a couple days after the diarrhea passes. If the diarrhea is really bad, add some pumpkin or other source of fiber to her diet to firm up her stool.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.