[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help starting my crab harem!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1498193274227.jpg (688KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1498193274227.jpg
688KB, 2048x1536px
So im a total newb into crabs and im planing to make a harem - 1 male 2 females, burt this is where the troubles start...
1. The male will be a Halloween crab, can one or both females be a Rainbow crab (Hybrids wpuld be cool and technically speaking the rainbows would get blacked :v))
2. How big should the aquarium (Terrarium? idk) be so they are comfy & general tips regarding the setup
3. Sand or gravel for the land part?
Pic semi-related, I kindly thank you for all advice
>>
>>2447019
>OP think he can create a hybrid of two different genera
>>
>>2447020
>I said im a total newb
But for real - if that's true then they should fire the shop assistant from my local zoological shop, he said that they "should be able to do so" but he "isn't 100 percent sure"
>>
>>2447023
Pet shop employees are usually there to make sales, not provide reliable information.
>>
>>2447029
Yeah, I guess you're right... But would keeping one rainbow crab as his second wife(?) work? Halloween crabs are kinda expensive where I live and I wanna jew out some shekels
>>
>>2447031
I don't know. I'm sure you can find info on both species online, though. I don't recommend buying a particular animal without getting a book on their care and reading it first.
>>
>>2447033
I'll just ask someone who had crabs, thanks for your help :)
>>
>>2447037
hey stupid fuck you asked for advice now do what everyone is saying or waste your money i guess either way you disappointing fuck your gonna lose as you obviously are't competent
>>
>>2447019
Halloween crabs and rainbow crabs require vastly different care and have vastly different behavioral patterns.
Halloween crabs are to be kept in a humid tank (they come from the amazon rainforest, so that is to be expected) where they can bury themselves to molt.
Meanwhile, rainbow crabs don't really require humidity and only really require a place to hide and some water (crabs need water to solidify their exoskeleton after a molt, so it's better if the water is also located under the hiding spot)

It is suggested you never keep more than one crab in the same habitat (even if they are the same species) because if any crab is perturbed while it molts it dies from shock. So potentially you risk another crab welcoming himself into a hiding spot where the other crab is molting, where it is essentially killed by accident.
>>
>>2448761
And in general, land crabs lay their eggs in the ocean only, else so breeding them in captivity is a no-go.
>>
>>2447031

They can still fug they just won't have babies
>>
>>2447019
>Rainbow crab
they have different needs, you can´s keep these species together, also, I´m pretty sure they´ll try to kill the other species

>Sand or gravel for the land part?
neiter, inform yourself how they live and how to properly care for them

>Hybrids wpuld be cool
no, they wouldn´t and it wouldn´t work anyway

>>2448761
this

>>2448763
>breeding them in captivity is a no-go
it can be done, but it is not easy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.