[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1501723525467.jpg (145KB, 465x742px) Image search: [Google]
1501723525467.jpg
145KB, 465x742px
Is he right?
>>
>>2446901
If delusional is right, perhaps.
>>
>>2446901
He was a paranoid shut in, so of course he'd prefer cats
>>
>>2446901
Thats a real virgin way of explaining pet preference.
>>
I guess our pal is trying to say cats are better because when you throw a stick they look at you funny and go back to whatever they want to do. Which is fine I guess dogs and cats both support different lifestyles and different people so a person who'd lock himself up and think himself better than others would prefer the cat who he could sorta project these feelings unto. Is he right though? In his own way yeah sure.
>>
>>2446901
Dog doesn't fetch a stick because it followds commands, it fetches the stick because it invited you to play.

Cats also do this by attacking shoelaces.
>>
>>2446901
Lovecraft had a fetish for creatures with a "humans are beneath my notice" attitude of course he would think this.
>>
>>2446901

He rather overlooked the fact that most cats love to play - just not with sticks - preferring anything that appeals to their hunting instincts - string, feathers, small balls etc.
Most adult cat behaviour is a form of modified infantilism - meowing, purring, frumming/kneading and loving being petted - all the kinds of behaviours lost in adultohood by wild cats.

tl;dr - cats are dumber than dogs and autist-tier pets
>>
>>2446901
Cats literally cause brain cancer, so keep that in mind literally

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8664249/Cat-parasite-linked-to-brain-cancer.html
>>
Didn't he call one of his cats Nigger?

Was Lovecraft a proto-edgelord?
>>
>>2447425
Yeah, he had a black cat that he called Niggerman, and he out him in one of his stories.

It was just blatant weird racism. No real point other than being racist.

Also, I prefer cats. I feel like cats just get me, I don't know. It's more satisfying to be friends with a cat I guess, because a cat isn't biologically predisposed to like you, and the relationship feels genuine. Dogs will always be your friend no matter what, but a cat relationship is much more dependent on trust and loyalty and all that
>>
>>2446901
he's an edgy fuck so of course he would chose cats
>>
>>2446901
no, he's a pretentious tool who wrote some spoopy books
>>
>>2447521
It wasn't exactly uncommon to name a pet negro or some shit in the 1920s
>>
Birbs >>>> cats
>>
>>2447626
my granddad had a black cat named Bootsy Tippy Jaws Fancy Linseed Oil
>>
>>2446901
>and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement
projecting human qualities where there are no. no, the cat just doesn't understand the concept of fetching.
>>
>>2447626
Lovecraft had a huge disdain for black people, and it's evident in some of his stories. Not like "Early 1900s racism", just "I hate black people" racism. He also lived in New England which was relatively tolerant of black people at the time (compared to the Deep South)
>>
All these asshurt dog fags
>>
File: 4.jpg (19KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
19KB, 852x480px
>>2447857
where?
>>
>>2446901
>tfw you gotta have an iron grip on your pets throat to get a photo with it
I enjoy his heavily writing though. All that eldritch spook was well done.
>>
>>2447664
Lovecraft was messed up and knew he was messed up. He could control his power level well enough to live happily married to a jew.
>>
>>2447139
>Most adult cat behaviour is a form of modified infantilism - meowing, purring, frumming/kneading and loving being petted - all the kinds of behaviours lost in adultohood by wild cats
Got a scientific source for that? Never thought about that and would be interested to know.
>>
>>2446909
He was neither paranoid nor a shut in. Try harder.
>>
>>2447425
>>2447521
>Didn't he call one of his cats Nigger?

No, it was probably his mother or his aunts who did.
>>
>>2446901
He had aspergers and ripped off several other authors righting his garbage.
Why does everyone keep spamming this faggots quotes?
>>
>>2447123
Isn't that a symptom of autism
>>
>>2446901
Euphoric cuck that thinks loyalty is an overvalued trait writes shit about my main man Cthulhu, and shits on mans best friend.

What an absolute cunt.
>>
>>2448140
Not really Autism manifests as any number of fascinations and "focuses" math, science some specific fascination with an obscure subject or even with a species.

I just want to be a normie.
>>
>>2446901
By his logic, wild animals make the best pets in the world because they don't interact with humans and are completely independent.
>>
>>2447973
That anon is full of bs. Wild cats don't stop purring when they get older. They can't purr at all. Other than domestic cats the only other feline species that can purr is the american mountain lion. All other species simply lack the ability on a biological level. They aren't born with it and then lose it when they fully mature.
>>
the kind of quote one would expect from a man who named one of his cats "Nigger-man"
>>
File: 2868418878_7e1c155a12.jpg (190KB, 418x500px) Image search: [Google]
2868418878_7e1c155a12.jpg
190KB, 418x500px
>>2447626
There's a monument to military dogs of WWII and one of them was named Nig.
>>
>>2447664
Lovecraft had a huge disdain for everyone that wasn't an Anglo from Boston
>>
>>2448470
>Blitz
>Ludwig
>Fritz
Were they turncoat Nazi dogs?
>>
>>2446901
And he was a cuck too
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.