[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have experience with Harley rats? Hear they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: harley.jpg (171KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
171KB, 1280x853px
Anyone here have experience with Harley rats? Hear they have a lot of difficulties when it comes to breeding but don't know in terms of just being a pet. Only thing I worry about is temperament because I have other rats, and sure I'd prefer to avoid medical costs. Can't find much info since they're a newer challenging breed. I just can't get over that coat.

Also curious about Roan/Huskies if you have any info about those.
>>
USA or UK?
I've never seen a roan rat in the US. Last time I checked we had two harley breeders but both stopped breeding years ago and I haven't seen or heard of any since.
>>
>>2446145
US. I'm in the midwest where the Seoul virus was found, so not a lot of options in my area. Have to go to another state but have seen some Roans and Harleys for sale.

I've been warned that Harleys are only bred by amateur or unethical breeders because of the issues with the lines making them not worth breeding. A big one being lactation problems so I can see how that poses a problem. But how would they change these traits if they're not being bred you know?
>>
>>2446147
Hearing they have lactation issues reminds me of hairless rats. You don't breed hairless to hairless, but furred female to hairless males. Half the litter is usually hairless. Hairless females tend to not lactate or are all around horrible mothers. I suppose you'd do the same with harleys.

I'm sure you read this already but here. This was one of the breeders i mentioned. She hasn't updated in years so I have no idea if she is still breeding but she might answer an email. I've actually gotten rats from her before that were healthy and lived longer than average lives.
http://www.paperheartrats.com/harley.html
>>
>lot of difficulties when it comes to breeding
>lactation problems
>Aggression issues
>wants because of aesthetic look

best thing to do would be to grab a fork or any piece of flatware really, then jam it in the nearest toaster you can find.
>>
>>2446168
I'm not trying to breed them though. That's why I want to know from peoples' personal experience who own them. It's hard to find them because they're hard to breed and have this reputation.
>>
Well it seems like you want to own one, and if they are hard to breed due to the offspring having poor physical health, its similar to the toadie pit bulls; where the animals well-being isn't taken into consideration, only the aesthetic look of the animal.

If this is the case, you would be supporting a breeder thats amoral.

although if youre trying to walk the line to find a 'breed' that doesnt have the issues but does have the fur type, youre walking a very thin line.
>>
>>2446885
I think its more due to their temperament and backyard breeders not knowing what they're in for. Hormones can be effected in later age due to their genetics though so I'm wondering if a well socialized one stands a chance. That's why I'm trying to gather people's experience, since they're a newer breed as of the past few years and I think I've found a legit experienced breeder. I might want to take a stab at breeding it myself too.

I don't mind trying to tame one but I don't want it going mental on my other rats when they're all older. A lot of rat owners are also white trash or don't properly take care of them so it's hard to gauge their input.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.