[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm very sad about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0237.jpg (175KB, 952x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.jpg
175KB, 952x714px
An elephant is killed by poachers every 15 minutes. At this rate they will be gone from the wild in @ twelve years.
>>
you mean like europeans?
>>
>>2445173
Got a source?
>>
>>2445186
kek
I was curious too so I googled how many elephants are killed each year, divided by how many quarter hours are in a year, and then googled how many elephants are in the wild and divided by how many are killed in a year.

are you lazy or just stupid?
>>
So? They'll survive in captivity so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>2445173
That's African elephants I assume you're talking about. Asian elephants, as I understand, are far more threatened by habitat destruction and loss. How much longer do we have wild Asian elephants for?
>>
>>2445193
Elephants don't even belong in captivity.
I can't believe people got meme'd into making a big stink after Blackfish, yet God forbid your archaic northern zoo doesn't have an elephant swaying side to side all day for your shit kids to stare at.
>>
>>2445193
They're disappearing from zoos too. Many zoos have decided their facilities are too small for elephants and when their current stock pass on they'll be replaced by some ubiquitous antelope or plains mammal that can use the space. All the zoos I used to go to as a kid no longer have elephants except one. Their elephants are in their 50s and when they die that's it. No more elephants in Massachusetts. RI will be the last state in New England with elephants. How's that going to preserve them?
>>
Such smart and chill creatures, a shame really.
>>
>>2445189
>are you lazy or just stupid?
Fuck off, OP made the thread, and should have included a link.
>>
>>2445416
lazy then

I found that about 30k elephants are killed per year which works out to one every 17 minutes.

there are about 350k African elephants in existence which means slightly over 10 years at !30k per year. about 12 years worth.

which means OP is essentially accurate ignoring reproduction which increases populations slightly each year.

enjoy being left behind because you demand others work for you for free.
>>
>>2445418
this also ignores the fact that mortality rates will drop as population rates do.

endangered animals are harder to poach because there's less of them....
>>
>>2445418
>enjoy being left behind because you demand others work for you for free.
When you buy food from a restaurant do you go back in the kitchen and prepare half of it yourself?
OP should have included a link.
It's nice that you decided to do their job for them however, you fucking cuck.
>>
>>2445423
>It's nice that you decided to do their job for them however, you fucking cuck.
I understand that when you help someone you make them weaker.

If I wanted you to be less of a cuck I'd force you to do it yourself. I like your pussy status.
>>
File: IMG_4672.jpg (493KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4672.jpg
493KB, 2592x1936px
>>2445189
I really doubt it is that simple. You are assuming that elephants cannot breed and some sources/numbers are out of date. Even some recent scientific articles have shitty methods and get the numbers wrong so it is important to cite sources to check for these methods.
>>
>>2445422
Uhm, fuck off with your knowledge? We have experts here doing the complex math that even ecologists cannot fathom.
>>
>>2445428
>it is important to cite sources to check for these methods.
be my guest.

everything I found from multiple sources agreed with OP.
>>
>>2445429
>the complex math that even ecologists cannot fathom
lol

for every 100,000,000 chinamen that die we save 1 African elephant.

simple, no?
>>
>>2445430
From what, pop science blogs?
>>
>>2445435
yes, mostly natgeo

they're usually reliable tho
>>
>>2445424
>If I wanted you to be less of a cuck I'd force you to do it yourself. I like your pussy status.
You're such an idiot.
Based on your cuntish attitude I can naturally assume you are just making up facts and numbers to suit your narrative. Without proper sources and citations you have no way of proving otherwise.
This is why it's important to include these things in the OP, for people who are naturally skeptical about sensationalized, baseless claims made on /an/.
Now go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>2445430
>Says he has sources, doesn't post
FAKE NEWS
>>
Thanks, China. First our movies, now our pachyderms!
>>
>>2445173
>every 15 minutes

Nigga, if that was true, then the fucking elephants would already be extinct.
>>
>>2445195
Why don't we just set a breeding population loose in South America somewhere?
>>
>>2445418
It's not about being lazy, you idiot. It's about proof.

OP made a statement. He should have backed that statement up with citable sources.
>>
Did you guys know that elephants reproduce?
>>
>>2446597
>He should have backed that statement up with citable sources. [citation needed]
>>
>>2446594
ah, you failed second grade math. You're not smarter than a fifth grader.
>>
Here's a decent article.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/31/492124724/african-elephant-population-declines-by-30-percent
>>
>>2445173
What about when it's dark the poachers need to sleep, or are there night poachers that have different shifts with poachers, do you think it's easier to kill an elephant in it's sleep or what if someone rounded up all the elephants then tactically nuked them, all elephants dead within a few minutes, well actually if you're going to nuke them you're going to need to drop it or launch it so that may take some time so not a few minutes but all the elephants will be dead actually what's the point of poaching, I mean yeah you can have a nice ivory table and a bunch of money from selling the poachers goods so actually poaching is good, it'll probably be more effective to just wear an elephant costume and wrestle them but only if you're Australian also elephants can reproduce so they won't be gone because the babies will be killed first then the old ones have sex and then so on
>>
>>2446874
These rich assholes who want to go shoot endangered wildlife should be given the opportunity to hunt and shoot poachers.
>>
>>2447351
I would pay so much money for the right to legally hunt down and kill another human.
>>
>>2447351
Rich people shooting animals are not assholes. They are the only reason elephants will continue to exist.
>>
Wait that can't be right. Without Elephants how will we cross the Alps and fuck over those smug Italian assholes?
>>
>>2447480
They're total assholes with no control of what the money they're charged is spent on and deserve less credit as individuals than any arbitrary member of the species they pay to kill
>>
>>2445173
eh, it can't be helped...
>>
>go to hong kong
>hunt an ivory trader
>take his teeth and leave the body to rot
>carve little figurines and trinkets out of them
>>
>>2447540
chinks have massive frontal teeth so you could make lot of shit out of it
>>
>>2447480

Why can't they just pay for a luxury safari tour, what's so special about inserting a bullet into an endangered animal?
>>
>>2445436
>gets sources from pop science blogs instead of scientific literature
>>
>>2447480
This is true but many people are ignorant to know this, or are so emotionally driven that they condemn it anyway.
>>
>>2448373
>expecting humans to do anything in a foreign country without taking home a souvenir
>expecting rich people to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars without going home with an animal head

It's like you don't understand human nature.
>>
>>2448871
Its like he doesn't have a good general knowledge of how things in the real world work rather.
>>
>>2445193
an animal in captivity is just a fragment of what an animal is
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.