[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roaches in dorms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0138.jpg (28KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0138.jpg
28KB, 350x262px
Hey bros, i could use some advice. I live in the dorms of my university (individual apartments, pretty much line a regular apartment building) and we've been having an american cockroach problem in our kitchen.
We complained to the dorm staff multiple times, every time they send a dude who sprays some 'cide for a minute or two and fucks off,
We find dead roaches for a few days and it goes back to normal.

Due to it being the uni's property we can't call an outside exterminator, so my question is- is there any feasible way to get rid of these fuckers without professional extermination? It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>2444185
Short answer.. no
>>
>>2444185
Pretty much what >>2444205 said
Some type of IGR will sterilize them, at least. As long as you have warmth and moisture, that species of roach will keep coming inside. If you live in a moldy, humid hellhole, there's pretty much nothing you can do to stop it.
>>
[1/3] pull all the stuff out of the cabinet under the sink and squirt pic related in all the gaps where the pipes come out of the wall. if you have a water heater in your apt, do the pipes there, too. any other gaps in the walls, plug 'em. find it at the hardware store, it is inexpensive.
>>
>>2444924
[2/3]
go to the supermarket and find this with the laundry soap. pour it in back of and under the stove and fridge. if there is a closet for a water heater with pipes that run to other apartments, pour a bunch out on the floor in there. run a line of it along the baseboards of the floor and also the backs of the cabinets. the boric acid in it kills roaches and fleas. it is safe around people and food.
>>
File: 51Dnp8bFw0L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (39KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
51Dnp8bFw0L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
39KB, 350x350px
>>2444926
[3/3]
you've now blocked off their access to the apt and got a passive killer in place for the ones already in the apt. for active roach-killing products, I've had good success with things like pic related (I've used different brands, I think they're all the same quality tho.) Put one in the corners of the kitchen and in the corners of the backs of the cabinets and the counter-top edge/corner.

if you live on the ground floor, you have to consider they may be getting in from the door or windows and defend those areas, but otherwise they're climbing in thru the walls along the pipes/ducts and possibly electrical, so that's why the insulating foam.
>>
>>2444933
also, you don't get to leave dirty dishes in the sink anymore. you and any roommates have to wash the dishes after you use them.
>>
>>2444185
The university pest control team didn't lay down any gel baits, or anything special? At my dorms, they would place gel baits in select areas, as well as sprinkle some powdered agents along the walls, on top of the wall-mounted cabinets.

For American roaches, you need to try and keep humidity down, find and seal any and all gaps, cracks, and holes you can find around your rooms, closets, bathroom, etc.

In addition to
>>2444924
>>2444926
>>2444933
you could also try putting down some diatomaceous earth under appliances, or in spaces where they might try to hide (but where you aren't likely to kick it up, or have pets get into it). This can help in a pinch, as it accelerates dehydration, so pairing it up with a dehumidifier might be of some benefit.

Keep filing tickets to have the university pest control come by and help out/check up on things, and use as many techniques as you safely can. An important part of controlling roaches is having multiple, overlapping control strategies.

Lastly, you need to make sure that your apartments are all fucking spotless. Wash and store all dishes every night, never leave any food out, and immediately clean up any spills or crumbs. If you leave them ANY source of food, you might as well roll over and welcome your roach overlords with open arms.
>>
File: Meme Spider.jpg (59KB, 745x574px) Image search: [Google]
Meme Spider.jpg
59KB, 745x574px
>>2444185
Introduce the delightful Brown Recluse spider! They love roaches and they'll reproduce quickly, I guarantee you that after a few weeks of having them nobody will talk about the roaches anymore!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.