[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some scary animal related situations you've been in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 23

What are some scary animal related situations you've been in?
>>
File: hello.webm (422KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
hello.webm
422KB, 426x426px
>>
>>2442991
>hai wuts goin on in here?

To op question, I've never had a dangerous encounter with any aminals. Saw a stray doggo once who was pretty mad but he calmed down right away when he realized I wasn't trying to bug him or encroach on his sleeping spot. I called up animal control for him and they took him to the pound.
>>
I was walking up the driveway to my apartment and a large boxer come walking up on me, and it wasn't trotting over all friendly. It wasn't being outwardly aggressive, but it was being very assertive towards me

it was keeping a few feet away and tracking me with its chest puffed and would take a step up every time I took a step back.

I was trying my hardest to not look like a prey item, but I didn't want to challenge it either
its one of those things, I feel like some animals you are supposed to challenge and impose dominance and they cower, and with others you are supposed to be submissive and back away. The wrong answer with the wrong animal gets you attacked

I went the strong eye contact but back away to disengage route...I don't think it was working. Then luckily there was this other huge ass cunt of a dog named bruno next door that lived behind the chain link fence, and he was a madman, he would bark and thrash and go wild every time I walked by. He came to the rescue and chased the other dog off. I was never so happy to see that faggot, he ran in like a pimp protecting his bottom bitch
>>
>babysitting boss's stepkids
>giant neurotic, unneutered puppy mill german shepherd corners me in their kitchen after we had been chilling on the couch just fine
>drooling, snarling, mock lunges
>grab frying pan
>call the nine year old in
>tell him to put that fucking thing outside
>use him as a human shield
>dog goes to bite him
>grab dog by it's hind leg and yank it out from under him
>pick dog up and throw it outside
>no one died that day

>at beach with no life guards and have warning signs up about it
>up to my waist out
>see sharks coming our way
>gtfo
>drag retarded now ex-gf out with me who insists on getting bit
>they come so close to the shore you can clearly see they are bull sharks

>out drunk hiking with four other friends
>hear coyotes
>pack of them are following us
>friends start throwing food
>they're flipping out because they're starting to come up to us
>one retarded friend tries to pt hem while the others hyperventilate
>powerkick three coyotes that night while stumbling to the car
>they backed off at the kicks so we were good the last mile

>in woods
>there's some random abandoned buildings no one has any clue as to what they were and why
>round corner
>suddenly huge buck
>runs at me and I jump into a skeletal car
>deer fucks off

>at the park at night
>stop at a bench to blurrily watch the deer graze with fawns
>they start grunting and stomping at me
>leave

I've ran into bears but they fucked off once I started telling.
>>
Getting chased by my neighbor's German Shepard that was running around in their yard with no fence or leash.
>jogging by their house
>dog barrels into the road and won't let me pass
>realize after a few seconds that I'm alone and no one else is around to help me
>stuck standing in the middle of a road while a snarling German Shepard circles around until it finally walks away

My mother complained to the owner and they said it just wanted to play with me, but that thing was fucking awful and would go around chasing everyone's vehicles.
>>
>be 2 or 3
>family goes up to Kentucky to look for gems
>at a creek bed and I just sit down to look at the rocks
>dad yells snake
>lookup
>it's head right at me
>be retarded and not move
>dad grabs a rock and throws it at the snake
>it's shaped with an arch and doesn't hurt the snake
>it is still coming towards me and my mom snatches me up
>>
>>2442989
>Being afraid of best bird
I'd feed it fruit.
>>
>>2442991
Lol. Camera turns and he's just stuck in there.
>>
>>2442989
I used to take a pitch fork and cudgel into a chicken coop, have the door locked behind me, and Battle Royale with racoons, foxes, stoats, and opossums at like 3am. A pissed off racoon is like a weedeater. That went on for a month before we found the hole. It was a loose board that didn't look like a hole since it fell back into place when moved.
>>
got my face nearly kicked in by an angry deer today
>>
>Be 8 ish years old
>Me and a few friends playing in the neighbor kid's playset
>Neighbor has a big fucking GSD, she says it's a retired police dog and very very safe and friendly
>Friends and I were playing a game to see who could get through the playset first
>I win, I hear my friend scream and think she's just mad I won
>Neighbor starts crying too
>Go back to see what's up with them
>Witness a large GSD halfway through the play set chowing down on my friend's butt cheeks while she desperately clung to the bars of the playground
>Realize no one is doing anything, takes a minute for me to react
>Run to grab dog by haunches and pull, obviously it does nothing
>Yell at neighbor to get her parents while I pull
>The parents have to scream at the dog to come
>My friends ass looks absolutely mutated, like a ghoul or something
>She had her ass shown to many adults and in court as a result of the incident
>Tfw that could have been my ass if I didn't win
>>
>>2442989
Was stalked in a palmetto grove by Florida panthas along a stretch of abandoned Everglades road. We heard their footfalls behind us and could see them drop down below the grasses every time we looked back. They were a hundred feet off, then 75, then 50, kinda like ninja kitty. It was still a hundred feet to our car so we took turns walking backwards because we thought it would frighten them if they saw one of us watching. We only knew they were there in the first place because the wind was blowing their horrible cat piss stench at us.
>>
>>2443551
Jesus fuck, do you still know this girl?
>>
>>2443030
>coyotes
>dangerous

What are you an anoxeric dwarf?
>>
once an eel came up thru the thing in the bath where water goes after you finish having a bath and remove the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath its usually plastic but sometimes metal and usually has a chain attached anyway, that thing that this thing blocks while you're having a bath, that's where the eel came up from it was enormous
>>
>>2443696
If a dog can kill an adult then a group of coyotes can. They are a lot bolder in groups until you punt a few.
>>
>>2443699
>underwater_weighing.txt
>>
>>2442989

cassowaries are scary as fuck, but they wont just attack you for being near them. You have to be actively pissing them off
>>
>>2443613
We kinda went separate ways in highschool but I knew her long enough to know the emotional turmoil after the attack really fucked with her. No one likes having to have a picture of their ass shown to 40+ people. Last I heard she was doing well though.
>>
>>2443699

what fucking hellhole country do you live in?
>>
Is this a thread were reddit kids can tell their epic and fake stories and le fanny maymays? theres no upboat feature here so why spew retarded bullshit
>>
>>2443710
The biggest coyotes are at max 30-40lbs and significantly smaller than a large breed dog. There have only ever been 2 confirmed cases of coyotes killing humans, one was a 3 year old and the other was a teenage girl in Nova Scotia and that attack was suspected of being perpetrated by a pair that might have taken her as a threat to their pups. And to wrap this up, if you live West of the Mississippi you're a fucking pansy because all of those coyotes are tiny and effectively harmless.
>>
File: CAM00278.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00278.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>
Has anyone else ever been stalked by an animal? I was camping somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico in January with my mom. There were only a few other campers because of the off season. This other girl and I (I was 11, she around 13) started hanging out and decided to go find a Gila monster or something and went on a hike. We walked a pretty long ways and came across a huge pile of fresh animal shit in the middle of the trail. We were trying to figure out what made the pile when we both just got scared, the hair store up on the back of my neck. We didn't talk about it, we just decided to walk back to camp. We started talking very loudly and clapping our hands and singing. I wanted to run but felt like it would be a bad idea. The following morning I walked the trail again with my mom and I saw fresh cougar tracks over ours on a few trail sections. Now I don't have any proof that the cat was following us but I think it was. We were small enough it considered us to be food, maybe. I don't know if we both smelled it heard something, but it's weird how these ancient built in survival instincts just kind of kick in in these situations. Had anyone else ever experienced something like this?
>>
>>2443810
What Samuel Jackson movie is this from?
>>
>>2443832
most children enjoy pretending their lives are dramatic, that they have powers and that strangers and wild animals care about them at all.
>>
>>2443699
I think you're talking about a "plughole"...
>>
>>2442991
>Let me in, I'm a fairy
>>
There was a situation once involving a fruitbat, but I don't want to talk about it.
>>
>>2443933
what? no, it was definitely an eel
>>
>>2442989
Got bit by a Great Dane mix once. Thankfully he was old and his fangs were dull. Still have a few scars. Scariest didn't even happen to me. When I was around 6 one of my friends accidentally grabbed a centipede and got bit. He screamed like he'd been shot. I think they are neat looking but I wouldn't touch one even if it's head was pinned down.
>>
>>2443699
The plug or stopper is what I've always called it. Where the fuck do you live? I've had skinks get into the house but I've never had an eel come through the plumbing.
>>
Dog started full on attacking me so I strangled it.
>>
>>2443993
Was it because it was bit by zombie dogs?
>>
File: Bull-Moose-Eats-Birch-Leaves.jpg (151KB, 789x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bull-Moose-Eats-Birch-Leaves.jpg
151KB, 789x600px
> 2 poodles chase
> no
> jump on driveway pedestal
> bark at poodles as they bark at me and my brother
> eventually poodles leave
> vow to hunt down poodles wherever they may be from that day forth
>>
>>2443699
So if you were taking a bath, the PLUG would have been in the PLUGHOLE (as even you seem to realize, despite not knowing the names of these things...) so then how the hell did the eel get up through the plughole if the plug was in it??
>>
Just the other day I was attacked by a boa constrictor. I'd rescued it a few days earlier, then without warning it wrapped itself around my neck and bit my nose and wouldn't let go.
I called 911 and said "Oh, please! I have a boa constrictor stuck to my face!"
The dumbass operator replies "Ma'am, you have a what? You're outside with a boa constrictor stuck to your face?"
"Goddamn it" I said, "just get over here, there's blood everywhere!"
"I've never heard of this before," the dumbass exclaimed, before urging me not to move... BAKA...
Anyway, to cut a long story short, they eventually came over and chopped off its head.
So I guess there's two morals to this story - if you're a human, don't rescue boa constrictors - if you're a boa constrictor, don't bite people on the nose.
Anyway, we all had a good laugh about it later, and I'm planning to head out in the woods to rescue another one tomorrow - best to get straight back on the horse, as they say!
>>
>>2444069
>google it
wtf

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/28/woman-calls-911-after-boa-constrictor-wraps-around-her-head-bit/23054364/
>>
>>2443926
Yeah, sometimes I think about the malleability of memory and if anything I remember, particularly from a young age, is actually true at all.
>>
>Take garbage out late one night
>Fox darts out of the woods right at me
>Stops about 15 feet away from me and takes an aggressive stance
>Locked eye to eye with Fox
>After brief stare down I continue to walk away

At the moment I didn't know what the hell it was doing, or if it was rabid. I realize now it likely wasn't rabid, if it was it probably would have just kept coming.

Maybe it was protecting babies, iduno. I'm pretty sure I could have stomped it if need be, but it was rather alarming.
>>
i just just want to preface this with that i love cats and own 2 myself now and im not an edgelord from here thats says cats should be illegal to be outside etc. now that said this happened when i was 11ish:

>me and my cousin always climb over fence into neighbors yard to play in a creek that runs through it
>theres little fish in the creek that we try to catch sometimes
>usually just swim in there together
>actually make out with my cousin down there lol no fucks given
>on this day when we were 11 though we get the idea to throw/drop big rocks in the water on top of fish
>think we are going to get one and then make a fire and cook it like cavemen
>climb up the bank and start theowing rocks into the creek
>out of nowhere neighbors cat climbs down toward the creek
>my cousin theows big rock down like right as he climbs down in there
>rock smashes the kitty right on his melon
>he makes a noise like when cats have to cough up a furball only kind of deeper
>didnt run away just started backing up slowly and hunch back like when they go to take a crap or pee
>we panic and climb down the bank
>cat wont stop making this noise and hunching its legs/butt like its trying to shit
>i touch him with my shoe and hes really stiff and doesnt even react
>we get really afraid that we made the cat retarded or its going to suffer and we didnt want to tell my aunt or esoecially my neighbor find out
>we decide to push him into the creek because we thought it would at least make him come to or if not it would look like he drowned on accident instead of what happened (i know this is so cruel i hate it happened)
>i start pushing him to the water with my leg and he resists it a little so i stopped and then he started to seize up (i think) he was like vibrating and stop making noise
>i push him into the water and he sinks like a rock
>feel bad for the rest of my life
>>
>>2444069
kek

Watched this story on Fox2 the other day.
>>
File: clipart_by_unikei.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
clipart_by_unikei.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>2444124
> tfw a cat dies a death even half as miserable as one of the animals it has butchered over its life
> tfw dead cats mean bunnies don't get shoah'd
>>
File: AssualtByDolphin.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AssualtByDolphin.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>
File: 1445187657705.jpg (81KB, 771x681px) Image search: [Google]
1445187657705.jpg
81KB, 771x681px
>>2442989
>Be me
>Near grandpa
>Grandpa tries to get rid of bee hive because it's in front of the entrance
>Angry sworm of bees start getting pissy
>Fly at me with the force of a thousand angry niggers
>Avoid getting stung and hive is kill
>>
>>2444064
no no, i wasn't in the bath at the time, i was outside planting some marrows and it was raining slightly which made the soil nice and soft and ideal for planting marrows but due to the fact it was raining slightly i was wearing one of those plastic coat things with a part which goes over you head which helps keep the rain off and so everything sounded a bit muffled what with the rain falling on the part of the plastic coat thing that goes over your head which the rain was hitting and making a sort of soft pattering noise like a whole bunch of those small furry animals with four feet that sometimes get into the attic and run around at night it was like that sound but right next to my ears anyway even over this i could hear my wife screaming she was in the bath and so i went inside to see what was happening and that's when i saw the eel that had come up thru the thing in the bath where water goes after you finish having a bath it was enormous and my wife was not happy about it - though come to think of it, the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath was definitely in place at the time so now i'm wondering if it really did come up thru the thing in the bath where water goes after you finish having a bath as like you say how could it have if the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath was still in place, which it was. i'm going to have to talk to her about this it does seem somewhat suspicious now you you come to mention it and i'm starting to wonder if there isn't another explanation for how the eel got in the bath and especially because contrary to what some people have implied i do not live in some sort of fucking hellhole or even that close to the sea
>>
>>2444153
shut up dude
>>
File: autism.png (540KB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
540KB, 800x474px
>>2444153
>>2444153
>>
>>2444157
>>2444160
Fuckin hell guys, chill out, sounds like the dude just has a limited vocabulary, he's obviously trying his best! Especially seeing as it sounds like his wife is probably having an affair with an eel...

Anyway, I just came here to say I was once bitten by a goose, was about 8 or so at the time. The thing just came at me for no reason, had a big-ass bite mark on my leg to show for it. Was wary of geese for a long time, but these days they're one of my favorite waterfowl, and have since fed them many times by hand without incident. I guess there's just psycho animals here and there, same way there are some psycho humans?
>>
>>2443796
>No fun allowed
fuck off
>>
>>2443943
talk about it
>>
>In forest stump shooting
>have 30lbs bow and blunt arrows
>hear rustling from my left
>out from the undergrowth appears this gigantic monster stag
>at least 50meters tall
>looks at me with it's tortoise eyes
>don't want to take a shot because weak bow and three arrows to hand
>start backing off and it starts advancing
>follows me for what feels like miles of rough terrain
>reach road and it stops
>follow road to truck and drive home

It was the strangest thing that's ever happened. Can't over exaggerate how huge this stag was.
>>
>>2444227
https://gyazo.com/166bef02ed92adfe9fe2ad1d8136fdfa
anon what the fuck?
>>
>>2444227
>a stag the size of the original Godzilla

Like I'm supposed to believe that
>>
>Live in New Mexico
>Go to a kegger in the desert
>Get completely wasted and decide to just stay there instead of try to drive home
>Roll down the windows and go to sleep
>Wake up the next morning
>Hear something behind me
>Turn around and see 4 coyotes in the back seat of my car, a mom and three younger ones
>They had climbed through the window during the night and went to sleep
>They see me moving and start growling
>Very slowly open the door and get out of my car
>They go back to sleep
>Have a gun but don't really want to kill them
>Call my friend to come pick me up
>He gets out there, honks his horn a few times and the coyotes get out of my car
I just about shit my pants when I woke up and heard them growling at me.
>>
>>2444340

that sounds like a scene from a screwball comedy
>>
Scariest thing I've ever done was step on a copperhead in my yard. Didn't see him at all. Didn't notice him until I felt him trying to turn under my shoe. Might be the highest and farthest I've ever jumped from a standing position.

>>2444340
Absolutely hilarious, anon. Your friend's face must have been priceless when he pulled up and saw all 4 coyotes still in your backseat.
>>
>>2442989
>Live in a rural part of East Tennessee
>Love to go hiking in the deep woods around my house
>One day decide to go out early in the morning and have an enjoyable time, like usual
>About one mile in, I hear rustling down an embankment and think that it's some deer
>Stop to look down to see if there are any fauns or bucks
>What I see next, instead, is a bunch of wild hogs
>Big ones and some with piglets
>OhShit
>I walk away slowly for several minutes, to try not to get their attention, then run like hell out of the woods

I still remember the story of how my neighbor's brother was nearly gored to death after he encountered those things and I never want that to happen to me.
>>
>>2444160
no no no, i’m not autistic, but if you must know i am slightly brain damaged i was attacked a few years ago by a lion while on one of those holidays where you ride around in a 16 vehicle looking at wild animals the ranger shot the lion dead but not before it had clamped its jaws around my head the doctors said it was a miracle it didn’t crush my skull but i wasn’t all that lucky as some of its fangs penetrated the softer part of my skull just in front of the ears and caused irreparable damage to the part of my brain that stores vocabulary i’ve since undergone extensive therapy i’ve learned to describe words i can’t remember with the words i can remember its worked fine until now, anyway i talked to my wife and it turns out there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all this apparently the eel forced its way up past the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath and she figured well ok now there’s an eel in the bath, but why let all the water drain out aswell so she put the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath back in place and this makes sense as when i burst in to see what all the screaming was about the eel was jammed halfway up her cunt she said this happened as she was leaning forward to put the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath back in place I have to say the eel was very strange looking and it really was enormous
>>
and just for the record, i came on here in good faith to share this story which seemed appropriate for this thread and as a result have been called an autist, had it implied that i live in some fucking hellhole, and been told my wife must be having an affair with an eel well i think your mother had an affair with an eel and coincidentally that happened about 9 months before you were born anyway while you’re at it are there any other insults you’d like to hurl at a partially brain damaged person who once had an eel come up thru the thing in the bath where water goes after you finish having a bath, go ahead i’ve heard it all now, i thought this forum was a nice friendly place and this thread was for people to seriously discuss scary animal stories but clearly not
>>
When I was 3 years old My mom got a puppy. She took it out of its cage to show some friends and I was laying on the floor playing. It ran at me and latched on to my face. My dad got it off my face and instantly broke it's neck and then took it outside and smashed it with a rock. I remember this all so vividly. Not a single one of us was upset over the stupid puppy. Everyone was happy that I was ok.
>>
>>2444227
Dude, you met the god king of the forest. You should have bowed to him, then he'd let you climb onto his antler and he'd take you to the halls of eternal blossom, where you could receive an enchanted bow and a dryad as a wife.
>>
>>2442989
I vividly remember the first time I saw a goose. I was carrying two bags of old bread as me and mom would feed the ducks at the pond. I was so exited I ran out a head a bit. I called out for mom to look at how big that one duck was. It was huge, bigger then me, and it wasn't a duck. It was a goose and it started beating me. Pecking, kicking and hitting me with it's massive wings. It knocked me down hard and started beating me relentlessly till mom final caught up and knocked it away with her purse. I was covered in huge bruises everywhere which took over two weeks to heal and it some pain for that time. I thence forth had an general dislike towards geese.
>>
>>2444789
Me too (I'm the one who posted the earlier goose story) - but honestly, I really like them now! Have fed them by hand many times, they're actually very gentle. I think they just don't like kids much maybe!!
>>
>>2444784
Damn it.

>tfw no qt dryad wife
>>
>>2444770
Just presuming for one second that any of this is actually based in reality, don't you think the story about getting bitten in the head by a lion might have been the better one to share in the first place, not the one about your wife fucking herself in the bath with a giant dildo???

lol
>>
>>2444773
Don't worry about it, man, people are just insensitive on the internet and sling mud at each other all the time. Just shrug it off. People have short tempers and attention spans on the net.
I'm wondering about your brain injury, because this fascinates me a bit, if that's okay. Is it possible for you to learn new words or do you have to completely work with the existing vocabulary that wasn't lost?

Don't really have crazy animal experiences.. my region is pretty weak for encountering crazy stuff. I did have a cat that could shit entirely voluntarily when it was pissed off lol.
>>
>>2444134
dolphin following the fishy smell
>>
>>2444456
Once I picked up what I thought was a length of rope and started walking towards the backyard to repair a swing with it. It was only when the "rope" started moving that I realized I'd actually picked up a sleeping diamondback. I remember reading somewhere that the best thing to do if you encounter a snake is to remain completely still, so I froze - goddamn thing bit me on the ankle so so much for that advice.
>>
Lost the pinkie and ring finger on my left hand to a gator. Was crab fishing in florida with rotten chicken, didn't see the bastard at all.
>>
>>2445553
>Loses fingers too big ol' angry crab
>It was a gator I swear
>>
>>2443039
>just wanted to play with me
I fucking hate owners who don't realize that dogs can be fucking dangerous and that there are people terrified to death of them.
>>
>>2443699

This is the greatest thing I've read today
>>
File: 1346781491402.png (524KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
1346781491402.png
524KB, 800x554px
>>2444974
>>2444938

are you all completely retarded? This is just well-written pasta.

1000 keks
>>
>>2442989
Yes.... Everyday..... With the scariest animal Ever... Humans!!!!
>>
>>2443030
>use 9 year old as human shield

are we Muslims now?
>>
>>2443030
>Being afraid of coyotes

Nigga, coyotes have only ever in history killed one person.
>>
File: output2.jpg (110KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
output2.jpg
110KB, 1152x1536px
This.
>>
File: output.jpg (162KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
output.jpg
162KB, 1152x1536px
>>2445681
>>
Once I nearly stepped on a man of war jellyfish

I was bit by a giant camel

I was trying to help a porcupine out and he accidentally quilled me

The scariest was when I was camping at boy scout camp in north carolina and woke up to a giant black snake laying next to me on a wooden board. Motherfucker must have been 5/6 feet big and scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>2442991
Let me talk to your about our lord a savior.
>>
>>2442989
Last week when I went to RMNP, I almost ran over some tourists that were running onto the road. And then I almost ran over the mama moose they were running from.
These fucking frogs think everything is a goddamn zoo.
>>
>>2445699
>driving on the road from Estes into RMNP
>tourist in front of me slams on their brakes
>fat suburban mom gets out of the driver's seat, swipes up a handful of grass from the side of the road, and tries to cross the fucking road holding her hammy fists outstretched
>she just came to a dead stop in the middle of summer traffic so she could cross the road and try to feed an elk that was grazing on the side of the road
>lay on my horn
>elk ignore it because they live in Estes park and don't give a fuck
>lady turns around and shrugs her shoulders exaggeratedly like "what are you doing"
>roll down the window
>"GET BACK IN YOUR CAR YOU IDIOT"
>"There's elk!"
>"GET BACK IN YOUR CAR"
>other cars behind us are also honking and yelling at her
>she huffs back across the road and gets in her car, taking her sweet fucking time to get started and back driving

Trump needs to forget Mexico and build a fucking wall around Colorado
>>
I was once chased halfway down the road by a terrapin - I thought it was never going to give up but eventually it got distracted by a dog and chased that instead - was terrifying while it lasted though, and afterwards I climbed a tree until I was sure it was gone. Checked every nook and cranny of my house too, when I got back, just to make sure it hadn't got in and was lying in wait for me.
>>
>>2445689
I like the camel one the best
>>
File: IMG_4888.png (983KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4888.png
983KB, 750x1334px
Watched my sister get a traumatic brain injury when a horse flipped with her on it. She was instantly knocked out and in a coma in the ICU for eight days. Doctors say she was supposed to die, but two years later she's back on a horse and doing pretty good.

Another time I was on a trail ride by myself with my horse, saw a flash of tan in the bushes about ten feet away, horse starts getting real antsy, listen to my horse and decide to get the hell out of there. It was a fucking cougar.

I've also been in a number of dangerous, scary situations regarding rescue horses as I used to work at a horse rescue and rehab. I've been bucked off, trampled, bit numerous times. It's never been scary for me, just for the people watching.
>>
>>2442989
>be 14
>go to Disney World with my family
>we all decide to go on one of their safari rides in the Animal Kingdom
>There were white rhinos there
>They randomly decide to charge at us
>ohshit.mp4
>The driver of our little safari bus swerved, but thankfully the rhinos turned at the last second
>Don't know if that shit was staged or not, and I'm not sure I'm willing to find out
>>
>>2445724
I stayed at the Stanley in Estes Park once and saw a big group of Elk lazily wandering around the road out the window.
>>
>>2445699

My uncle worked as a trauma doctor in northern ontario a couple years ago, and had to treat 2 frenchies that fed a black bear m and m's from their hands. Needless to say, the bear was not pleased when they ran out
>>
File: kawaii shark.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii shark.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>2442991
>>
>>2445478
Maybe that advice was never meant to apply to when you're already fucking holding the thing.
>>
>>2444064
>>2443933
Plughole? You guys don't just call it the drain?
>>
>>2445820
I kinda know how you feel. My sister and I were trail riding maybe 8 yrs ago. Her horse spooked and bucked her, she landed on a decent sized rock and shattered her pelvis. Had to leave my saddle and take her back to the house. She can walk now but she needs a cane to help. Her gelding ended up wandering back 2 days later but i never found my gear.
>>
>>2444124
I hope someone smashes your friends head in.
>>
File: sealion.jpg (45KB, 431x267px) Image search: [Google]
sealion.jpg
45KB, 431x267px
I was in a tiny dinghy hanging out with some harbor seals on Puget Sound when I ran into one of these fuckers. The first time I just heard a loud chuff noise. When I spun around I saw a brown mound larger than my boat rolling up above the water. A few seconds later, he popped his head up, snorted, and then splashed around like he was telling me to fuck of. I got right out of there.

I know it's not that scary, but It's my only wild animal story I don't have to exaggerate. I really feel like I'm staring down a water grizzly bear whenever I see one of these guys.
>>
>>2442989

Hm wasn't really scary but in my first week after transferring jobs there was a little snake that had made its way into the building.

I didn't want to kill it so I put it in a garbage bag and used it to put it outside in a field. Lot of squirrels live out there but I think it was too little to eat them.

Aside from that a fox walked through the parking lot two times at night one week.
>>
File: 1494378480417.png (77KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1494378480417.png
77KB, 750x780px
>>2446164
more wholesome snake stories
>>
>>2446131
Well, pinnipeds and bears DO have ancestral relation
>>
>>2444134
"They call him Flipper,
Flipper,
Flipper,
Faster than liiiiiightning,"
and so-on.
>>
I see a lot of deer and turkey walking to work, but we usually do our best to stay out of each other's way.

My dad has had some close calls though
>takes brother and cousin out for a walk in the woods when they were small
>having a good time, looking at nature
>crashing noise in the Bush
>2 bear cubs a few meters away
>dad can hear momma bear from other side of path
>back up back up back up back up!

No close calls for number, but made me go 'Jesus christ dad' all the same
>dad likes to go for quiet afternoon's jigging (type of fishing in deeper water with big heavy metal hooks)
>this is in the ocean, so he always taps the side of the boat hard every 20 minutes or so
>this is so whale's don't come up right under the boat and capsize you, either from curiosity or not giving a fuck
>basically going 'hey whale bros, please don't breach here!'

To dad, this was normal. There'should minkies, which aren't so big, but humpback, greys, fin, and right whales could fuck you up and never even know.
>>
>>2443832
You weren't getting stalked, but I know this feel. Had a similar feeling when I was hiking in grizzly bear territory for the first time.
>>
>>2443699
Jesus christ, try graduating middle school before posting here.
>>
>>2444778
>killing a puppy merciless because dumbfuck parents let it play with its equally braindead 3 year old not realizing that's how puppies play with each other.
>>
File: IMAG0353.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0353.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>be in remote arctic island working on Msc
>we have to carry shotguns when we leave research center cause polar bears
>have to drive atv down to bay to check my fish trap
>on atv trailer
>very hilly and rocky
>could be a bear right over horizon or rock and I'd be fucked even with shotgun slung over my back
>feel something brush against my leg
>freak the fuck out
>was just my backpack falling off the atv and rolling down my leg
>get back to research center
>photographer got chastised for not taking a gun when he went out because there was a bear in the location he was at 30 mins earlier.
>>
>>2446399
yeesh
>>
>>2443039
Always jog with pepper spray.
Protects against all kinds of animals.
>>
>>2445689
>woke up to a giant black snake laying next
I would assume a black racer. They get pretty big.
>>
>>2442989
On multiple occassions I had stray dog bark orchestras following me around. They could turn agressive but almost never happens.

>>2443030
>use the kid as a human shield

tip top kek

>>2443039
Please learn dog behaviour. Motorbike and car sounds excite them to no end, but it's not agression

Beyond that, you can't just leave a mid sized animal out in the open. Someone could steal or quite simply freak out.
>>
File: feelbig.png (93KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feelbig.png
93KB, 645x773px
>>2446431

then I came down with appendicitis the next day and had to be flown to the nearest hospital
>>
a big problem on my country's coastal cities is that tourists bring their pets and when summertime ends they abandon the poor muts
the worst part is that when there are no more 24/7 open bussiness nor fat tourist to feed them their leftovers they become feral, most of them organize themselves in packs and the weaker/older/smaller die due to starvation or get eaten by packs
also, attacks on humans are very frequent

anyway, I was like 12 yo and mom sent me to a nearby drugstore for groceries and a pack intercepted me on a dark and isolated street
the leader confronted me and the rest surrounded me
I thought "holy fuck, its over. im gon get eaten"
so I was on the middle of the street surrounded by feral dogs, without knowing what to do
I was always a weak, frail and cowardly kid but that shit changed it all
I kicked the shit out of the alpha dog and fought for my life
after scaring the big 'un away they scattered
got some nasty wounds but ive never been a pussy ever since
>>
>be wilderness camp counselor in NC mountains
>have group of 20 kids 8-12 looking at pretty waterfall
>kids start saying "aww look at the baby bear"
>all coubselors flip that fuck out
>try to gtfo
>come to fallen tree bridge crossing a creek
>first to cross, 10-15 kids on the bridge
>mama black bear is on the other side
>remember the old mountain man who trained us
>make myself as big as possible (was like 5'8", maybe 140 at the time)
> "GO ON, GIT BEAR, GO ON AN GIT!"
>bear see dumbass teen and walks away

I pissed myself
>>
>>2443699
>>2444153
>>2444770
>>2444773

i wish so badly to be irl friends with you. i'm in love with you. do what you want to me
>>
>>2443832
I actually was stalked by a mountain lion.

>Out late, like 11pm, walking dog through backyard
>Live basically innawoods. Backyard is thickly lined with trees
>Scanning tree line with my flashlight
>Trees, trees, trees, concrete bench, trees, cougar statue
>Wait, no, that's a fucking cougar
>It's hunched over, about 20 feet away, looking like I passed the light over it mid-stride.
>The fucker was sneaking closer and getting ready to pounce
>Tap flashlight button to 1600 lumen "fuck you" mode
>Start tugging dog leash and walking backwards slowly
>Cougar eventually gets sick of being blinded, turns around and walks back into the woods
>Now absolutely yanking on dog, who was completely ignorant of the entire situation and is still hell-bent on sniffing this one patch of grass all night.

Takeaways:
Labs have 0% situational awareness.
Always watch the tree line at night.
Powerful flashlights are at least somewhat effective against mountain lions.
>>
>>2445744
This sounds like very unusual behaviour for a terrapin - are you sure it wasn't an alligator snapping turtle?
>>
>>2445831
Lel
>>
>>2446484
Alpha as fuck anon, I'm proud of you.
>>
>>2446600
thanks anon
im still an autistic schizoid weeaboo but at least i grew some balls
>>
>>2442989
I got bit by an eastern diamondback when I was 17. I was fishing and had to go to the other side of the bank to get my line untangled because it got caught in some old line some jackass left in the water right next to the bank. Anyway, I got over there, took two steps out of the water, heard the rattle but by then it was too late and it tagged me. Hurt like all hell but one hospital trip later I was and am fine. Kind of embarrassing since I'm an armature feild herpetologist and have been since I was 14.
>>
>>2446686
Oh and one time while hunting at 18 or 19 some wild dogs found me. One charged while the other attempted to flank me but one round of .45 ACP in the dirt about 10 feet in front of the charging one (and yeah I missed on purpose, I knew it'd scare em away just from the noise of firing a round) and they of course turned tail and ran. Not as exciting or terrible as the snake bite but still scary.
>>
>be like 4 years old
>over at Grandma's house
>she has two Rottweilers (a mom and son)
>out in her garage/backyard area playing with cousins
>male Rottweiler comes out and fucking mounts me
>has its front legs up on my shoulders
>I start freaking the fuck out
>cousins are freaking the fuck out
>adults come out from the house
>dog is barking like crazy at anyone who comes near me
>mom Rott ends up running out and biting her son on the leg and he gets off of me

So now I'm 25 and am deathly afraid of Rottweilers
>>
>>2446504
Even if "anything" involves an eel coming up thru the thing in the bath where water goes after you finish having a bath and remove the thing that blocks the thing where water goes after you finish having a bath?
>>
>>2444773
Just a shot in the dark here... when you were younger, did you have an underwater weighing test performed? Do you still harbor possibly incestuous feelings towards your sister? It might explain why your wife would seek the comfort of an eel.
>>
>>2446974
>get humped by a Rottweiler
>get saved by another Rottweiler
Sounds like you broke even to me.
>>
All this talk of eels is making me hungry.
>>
File: 1496742898879.jpg (25KB, 341x394px) Image search: [Google]
1496742898879.jpg
25KB, 341x394px
>>2443699
>>
>>2446396
fuck off shitbull apologist

Never had a puppy that played by "latching on" to anythting's face
>>
>>2446574
>alligator snapper chasing someone down the street
It takes them like 7 hours to cross the street
>>
>>2443023
top kek
>>
>at aquarium
>beluga interactive thing
>get in wetsuits with trainer
>get in water with whales
>do a bit of the tour, get a kiss by one, etc.
>whales are misbehaving
>swimming around and playing with each other and not too interested in us
>forgot to mention killer whales are one of my darkest fears and these guys are their 20-foot little brother
>absolutely terrified the entire time but my friend signed me up months earlier and didn't wanna look like a bitch and not go in
>anyway, whales swimming around playing while only one is cooperating
>one other one, the big male is sitting at the bottom of the tank staring straight up at me from the deep darkness, mouth fucking open with jagged ass teeth
>slowly floats up toward me,
mouth agape
>legs dangling from the ledge into the abyss (sitting in waist deep water)
>I don't say anything so I don't look like a pussy in front of the qt handler
>big asshole slowly grabs my boot
>I'm fucking horrified, but remain calm and try to pull myself gently away from its mouth, but he's got me
>the harder I pulled, the more I dragged myself closer toward this thing
>he starts to sink and I slide toward the edge of the drop off, still keeping cool praying the situation will resolve itself without me making a scene in front of qt
>spotting trainer sees and starts screaming for the whale and slapping the water
>he spits me out and glides over to the handler who throws him a fish
>other trainers get up and instruct us to get up slowly out of the water and follow them out of the whale area
>"hope you had a nice time! XD"
dude I almost fucking died, fuck belugas
>>
>>2443045
nice one dad
>>
>>2444773
>I thought this forum was a nice friendly place
>>
>>2445007
my fucking sides!!!!!!!!!!

it's funnier that dolphins can't even smell
>>
>>2445689
>5/6 feet big
>>
>>2446484
What kind of fucking dung slum of a place do you live where people go on vacation and just don't feel like taking their pets home when they leave? The fuck?
>>
>>2447195
he was gonna drown you for fun bro
>>
>>2446399
What do you do for work?
>>
>>2446399
How do I get a job like this?
>>
>>2445681
>wandering the Mojave.jpg
>>
>>2447235
Yeah what the F. Fuck that dude. Worst fear came as close to being realized as possible without actually being killed/mamed
>>
>>2443699
that's a frog on the log in the middle of the bog -tier cool text, write post rock songs
>>
>>2443030
Probably American line lol
>>
>>2445681
Don't worry, the spider's here to help.
>>
File: shark bro.jpg (70KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
shark bro.jpg
70KB, 960x540px
>>2445875
MFW when you find out sharks have a dog like tendency to be trainable by physical affection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4AI6T0-isc
>>
>>2446974
did he finish?
>>
i was chased by a goose
>>
>>2446396
stay mad I'll kill ur puppies
>>
>>2445681
>wasps help control the spider population they said
>it's fine you've got hives on all the windows of your backyard they said
fuck my life
>>
>>2444789
I was at a lake for a memorial service and one of those goddamn things came all the way up from the fucking lake just to lunge at my back as I was walking away.
>>
File: H3VUh6i.jpg (46KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
H3VUh6i.jpg
46KB, 640x448px
>>2447195
Fate spun its wheel to your favor this time, human
>>
>father's ranch
>cattle are all corralled up for a tick bath
>hanging out in the corral
>fat cow stares at me
>all of the sudden starts charging at me
>run faster than i've ever had and jumped over the gate

i was like 9 so it was pretty scary but that was it
nowadays i've learned to just stand my ground and most cows/bulls will fuck off
>>
>>2445553
That's what you get for crab fishing, faggot.
I bet you also got asshurt by the gator and asked someone to kill it.
>>
One night the dogs were freaking out so I went outside to shut them up. There was a raccoon. It would fight back if they attacked but it wouldn't run away. I tried to chase it into the woods but it would run like 6 feet and sit down. I think it was attracted to the light because it kept trying to run to the porch (the only light) and sometimes if I shined my flashlight at it it ran toward me.

Once it charged at me and I jumped away but it bit my ankle. Only got denim though. I decided it was sick so I went back for a gun and put it down. So cute. It cut me real deep.

Another one showed up a week later in broad daylight by the treeline. It didn't even try to run away, just swiped at the dogs if they got close. I called animal control to ask if they wanted to investigate what was killing all if the raccoons. There was a long pause and the lady said in an annoyed voice, "We can pick it up if you want, but we charge." So I just shot that one too. Sigh.
>>
>>2447595
All because of a qt
>>
>>2448151
Always thought that pic was unsettling because of the lighting but it's taken on a whole new form of fear after my incident.

>>2449325
Dude kind of. I just would have rather been drowned than make a scene and look like a bitch in front of a bunch of people, escecially when (at the time) I wasn't sure if this whale was actually gonna do anything or not and I didn't wanna be the boy who cried beluga. I guess it all worked out in the end either way so no rugrats.

I'll never swim with another animal larger than myself for the rest of my life, though.
>>
>>2443570
Wow that's actually amazing, they're nearly extinct.
>>
>>2443798
Whatever nig I was scared
>>
>>2444134
Holy shit he was going for it. The stories about dolphin rape caves suddenly feel more plausible.
>>
>be me 8-9 years ago
>Been diving for a couple of years with friends all the time
>Encountered all sorts of sea life
>Top tier Sharks, whales, rays, sea snakes... Etc
>No stranger to dangerous animals
>We decide we want to dive Mexico gulf and see bull sharks
>We had been in the water for about 15 minutes when we found them on our second dive
>Our group consisted of 3 tourist divers 2 of my friends and me
>We all float to the bottom of the floor looking up at 25-30 bull sharks circling us
>Suddenly for no Reason one of the sharks at the top of the group dashes down as if to attack but darts away last second
>This seemed to stir something in them and they swarm on one of the tourist divers
>Within 30 seconds the guy is dead from blood loss and trauma
>There was nothing we could do to stop it as there was so many
>After it was clear he was dead they dispersed as if that was the only reason they were there
>We grab him and shoot straight back to the boat
>Get out as quick as possible (we're all lucky we didn't get the bends as we were pretty deep)
>When we're on the boat it's obvious that there's nothing to do for him

First time I saw someone dead and it still haunts me. I still go diving even with other sharks but I mentally can't force myself into water where I know I could cross a bull... Fuck those sharks
>>
>>2442989
Was face to face with a wild boar 1 meter away in a forest once.
Was scared shitless because there were other people behind and infront of me. If it charged I would probably be the first one to get hit. She had cubs around so we had no idea how it would react either
>>
>>2446445
>Injure animal so it may lash out

Genius!
>>
>>2452021
Not even niggers fight back after being maced and they're the worst of all the beasts.
>>
>>2445820
>but two years later she's back on a horse

Admirable,but mistaken.
>>
>>2449329
>and look like a bitch

You would look like a fucking corpse if you weren't lucky.
>>
>>2444134
He knew he had home field advantage.
>>
>>2451838
Should've taken pics anon, also is there any news related to this incident?
>>
>Go to Belize for holiday/visit old neighbours
>Go swimming first day, jellyfish wraps around my arm
>Luckily it was already dead but I still freaked out and punched it
>Second day
>Walking along the shoreline, water halfway up my shins
>Fucking porcupinefish swims between my legs and almost beaches itself
>>
File: 1501572198861.jpg (5KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1501572198861.jpg
5KB, 249x249px
One time I was out by the river at a sand bar at 3am, walked through the forest path and all of a sudden I hear what sounds like a girl screaming. Nope tf out and start running because I was a young fag then, the screaming sound just got closer and closer. Climbed up the dirt and rocks back to the field. Made it to the truck and mfw I realized that my faggot ass friend with the keys was walking back slowly through the path like there wasn't a fucking predator right next to us. There are panthers/bobcats in my area.
>>
>>2446399
I think I saw this on tv, had a pic of a dead seal.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502437115499.jpg (99KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502437115499.jpg
99KB, 2048x1536px
>>2453128
It was a while ago... Only got my go pro about 3 years go

(Pic related... Recent wreck dive)
>>
>>2453128
I'm not sure I've never really looked it up and I'm bristish so I don't really speak enough Spanish to look but it was in april (I think) 2009 in playa del Carmen maybe you can find something
>>
Was playing in canals farther away from my house then I had ever been as a 13 year and stumbled upon what Im pretty sure was an alligator nest since the way it was slapped together on the bank and a 5-6 foot alligator rushed up on me out of the water
I was just quick enough to get into a shitty tree and semi monkey my way far enough to where it backed off
Also rode my bike to the river once and my chain popped off but while i was fixing it 3 feral boars ran right past me so i ditched the bike and climbed up the beams of a railroad track right next to me for half an hour
Only other thing I can think of is when i unknowingly put a fat fucking cottonmouth in my pirouge after pulling in my fish basket when i was finishing up fishing but it just took a small fish with it and fucked off, I did have to hold open the top of the basket with a stick though because it kept trying to drag the fish through the side netting
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.