[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/herp/ - Reptile & Amphibian General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 71

File: poison-dart-frog-orange-blue.jpg (389KB, 1520x810px) Image search: [Google]
poison-dart-frog-orange-blue.jpg
389KB, 1520x810px
old thread >>2429562

Reptile classifieds for finding breeders of various scaled and sundry creatures

>kingsnake.com
>faunaclassifieds.com
>reptilescanada.com (Canadian breeders)
>caudata.org for newts, salamanders and lots more amphibians
>Also check to see if there are any annual reptile shows/expos in your area as these are good places to find good animals from good breeders at partial discount

/herp/ officially official all purpose care sheet of wonder and magic

>sand a shit
>use a thermostat
>read all the caresheets
>set up your tank before you get your herp
>regulate temps & humidity levels prior to herp arrival
>do not fuck with (handle) your herp for at least 7 days after bringing it home and ideally wait until herp has eaten at least one meal (for snakes), two meals for lizards, frogs, etc.
>PVC tanks are way better for most applications and worth the extra money
>it is best to avoid chain pet stores when looking to purchase live animals as mass breeder suppliers are not especially careful about health and sound genetics... it often saves you money long term to spend a little extra up front to get a healthy animal

>Jump Start (formerly Hydrofarm) thermostat is a good basic and inexpensive thermostat for regulating ceramic heat emitters and under tank heaters (Amazon sells it)
>if you want something more advanced for temperature control, look at Herpstat products
>>
File: dartFrog1.jpg (77KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
dartFrog1.jpg
77KB, 900x675px
Poison dart frogs, despite having 'poison' right in the name, are not actually poisonous in captive care. Their poison is derived from their unique diet in the wild and is not active when fed the diet of fruit flies and so on that make up their standard captive diet.
>>
File: DartFrog2.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DartFrog2.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: DSC_1166.jpg (2MB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1166.jpg
2MB, 2048x1363px
giant day gecko
>>
File: DartFrog3.jpg (145KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
DartFrog3.jpg
145KB, 840x473px
>>
File: Bumblebeetoad.jpg (130KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bumblebeetoad.jpg
130KB, 1000x1000px
A less delicate amphibian to keep in captive care are bumblebee toads. About the same size as dart frogs. Much harder to accidentally kill. They also have a particularly goofy form of locomotion. Dart frogs kind of hop around. Bumblebee toads have of sort of rolling gait with no hopping. Frog mosey.
>>
>>2441765
>scaled and sundry creature
your mum
>>
File: kbz.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
kbz.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2441783
this is a nice thread no bully here
>>
File: DSC_1242.jpg (2MB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1242.jpg
2MB, 2048x1363px
>>
File: DSC_1176.jpg (1MB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1176.jpg
1MB, 2048x1363px
>>
>>
>>
and an old ass photo of one of my cobras on yoda
>>
>>2441896

One of my crested geckos was stuck to the door of his terrarium this evening, waiting for misting time. He has gotten ridiculously tame over the years (he's 5 now). Used to be he'd get all hoppy and zip around when I misted, when he happened to be awake at the time that is. Today he grabbed the spout of my misting bottle and flicked his tongue at the water as it came out. Silly boy.

>>2441903

Hey I remember you! How is the menagerie of venomous sneks doing?
>>
>>2441924
they're good, most of them have been shipped to different friends for breeding programs. i mainly only have geckos now, all the ones posted above are some of mine. including the crested lol
>>
File: cage.jpg (638KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
638KB, 1440x1080px
Put on 3 coats of grout over the last couple days
Missed some smaller spots but not sure if I should bother going to get more grout to fill them in or just ignore them and paint over them
Stuff was kind of a pain in the ass to work with honestly and the last little bit I used was to patch up small pits that refused to fill
>>
Is it okay to fart around your herps? I farted today and the whole room stank, I guess that can't be good, right?
>>
>>2441960

I can't imagine they would care.
>>
Guys, how important is over tank lighting/heating for mostly nocturnal and mostly subterranean species (I'm thinking sand boa)? Assuming, of course, that a beefy under tank heater controlled by it's own thermostat is used to keep substrate temperature pleasantly warm.
>>
>>2441988
I imagine they care just not very much. Whenever my beardie shits he glass surfs and tries to run away with the smell.
>>
>>2442237
It's not necessary if your temps are fine with the uth on its own. Nocturnal snakes do not require uvb lighting and ambient light from the room is typically sufficient for their day/night cycle. There's no harm to using uvb if you want though, and it could maybe possibly have benefits for your snek. Or say if you have live plants in the tank, lighting would be needed for those.
>>
What does /herp think of beardies?
>>
>>2442274
I like beardies
>>
>>2442289
I like this general already then! Wish i still had lizards to post pics of
>>
What does a guy have to do to get a hognose in GA? No one seems to have them locally and I don't trust shady drop shippers like backwater reptiles. Any help anons?
>>
File: 1334491638493.jpg (44KB, 490x301px) Image search: [Google]
1334491638493.jpg
44KB, 490x301px
>>2442274
my childhood love had one so i feel all warm and nostalgic every time i think of them
>>
File: 23525.png (295KB, 486x298px) Image search: [Google]
23525.png
295KB, 486x298px
>>2442441
>>
>>2441892
Those are some gorgeous eyes.
>>
File: 435575474756.png (305KB, 1127x668px) Image search: [Google]
435575474756.png
305KB, 1127x668px
Has anyone kept one of these or has a link for a Gucci Tortoise caresheet?
>>
File: IMG_0812.jpg (1MB, 2384x2384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
1MB, 2384x2384px
>>2442526
The Gucci tortoise is much like a regular tortoise however the shell doesn't absorb uvb so it will slowly die like your dreams of ever being rich enough to unironically wear Gucci
>>
>>2442389
Geckosetc.com. It is run by Steve and Debra Sykes. Their primary interest is leopard and african fat tail geckos but they also breed hognose snakes. Very good breeders and recommended.
>>
I've got two leopard geckos that don't like to sit still when I take them out of their tanks, they opt to explore instead. I was thinking about getting a lizard that's more docile and doesn't really need a lot of heat, any lizards like that?
>>
>>2443273
Bearded dragons and blue tongue skinks are less wiggly than geckos. Skinks don't need temps quite as hot as beardies.
>>
Best beginner snake?

>cornsnake
>ball python
>boa constrictor
>cat in a sock
>>
>>2443374
Corn snake for sure. Low-moderate humidity requirement (average household humidity of 30%-60% is fine). Usually no feeding issues with frozen/thawed mice. Docile and easily acclimated to gentle handling. Fairly active around dusk and dawn. Uvb light not required. The same goes for other colubrids like milk snakes, king snakes, gopher snakes, rat snakes etc. Only difference with those is that they can be more feisty and bitey and will musk sometimes when handled.

Ball pythons, on the other hand, are fussy about their humidity, can go on long fasts for no apparent reason, are not very active, easily stressed. I consider them to be in the low intermediate difficulty tier for these reasons.
>>
>>2443384

On to boas; they need pretty high humidity and large tanks as they of course can get quite big. Personality wise they are among my favorite species of snek to work with. Super relaxed but also active and curious.
>>
>>2443374
how comfortable are you around snakes? that's the main deciding factor between a corn snake and ball python. a corn will move around a lot and want to explore while you're holding it, while a ball python will usually just curl up and is a very slow snake.
>>
>>2443391
I would prefer a lazy snake tbqh
>>
File: 1471030839091.gif (965KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1471030839091.gif
965KB, 500x489px
>lizard is shedding and uses his hind legs to scratch himself like a dog would

so adorable
>>
>>2443384
>>2443386
thanks anon
>>
>>2443393
ball python then, easy. to be fair though, my corn usually only moves around when I take her out of her cage.
>>
Just recently got a 20gal from Petco due to the sale. What kind of critter could I comfortably put in it?
>>
>>2443409
Bunch of viper geckos.
>>
>>2441772
is pet? is they nice pet? bites? how buy?
>>
>>2441896
Is baby iguana or adult?
>>
>>2441899
What happen to him? is iguana sick or healthy skin?
>>
>>2443417
thats not an iguana at all. Mossy leaf tailed gecko
>>
>>2443409
Get some anoles.
>>
>>2443536
I always thought this would a be a neat idea since we have a bunch outside during the summer and spring. I might have to just look into that!
>>
Hey i'm a /fa/ crossposte here. I just wanted to ask if a frog is a low maintanace pet. I am thinking getting a pet since I am quite lonely but I have no time to care for a dog and i am scared of fish.
>>
>>2443959
>/fa/
na u dont need a pet just a noose
>>
File: Nic_Boa.jpg (86KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Nic_Boa.jpg
86KB, 720x540px
Tell me about boas. Are they friendly?
>>
>>2444012
Yes, most localities of bcc and bci are quite friendly with people. The ones on the smaller end of the spectrum are a little bitey when young but overall they're still easy going.
>>
File: ea4.png (202KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
ea4.png
202KB, 600x583px
Hey /an/, I figure I would ask here instead of making a thread. Let me give you a quick rundown. A week ago I think I found two poisonous snakes in my back yard, now before some of you start in about don't just indiscriminately kill snakes I don't do that. If I knew that they were harmless I would leave them alone. But I live in an area that is known to have poisonous snakes and these kind of looked like cottonmouths to me. Anyway I was feeding my dads dogs and I saw them, by the time I got back with a weapon they were gone, I thought until I saw one in this hole under the add on room. It just sat there for a second looking at me, probably waiting for me to leave. Then today I saw my rooster checking something out, look out the window and there's one of these fucking snakes head first in one of these holes in the ground. So I go try to kill it but he got away back to the hole under the house 'cause I'm a dumbass. I'll get these fuckers if I see them again, I''ll get a shovel or a big rock instead of a stick next time. Anyway, what do I do? I have to protect myself and my family and animals. I was surprised when I googled around and found out people used robots to kill termites and all kinds of shit but NOT snakes. I'm about to go modern warfare on these bitches.
>>
>>2444068
How about you deal with the rodent problem that's causing two snakes to show up at your house. They follow a food source they don't just appear out of your ass.
>>
File: Rhap.jpg (86KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Rhap.jpg
86KB, 960x540px
So I managed to make the first part of my trek from TN to CO, my snake has survived. I'm sure she's super stressed out but she's alive with no real damage that I can see. Unfortunately 2 1/2 hours form our last stop of the night my muffler fell off due to extreme rust. Now my car sounds like shit and is loud as fuck. I'm paranoid that my snake will get too stressed out for a 16 hour drive. I'm looking into shipping her out on Monday because that is safer and more reliable. What would i need to make the trip safe for her?

I see that there is a reptile shipping website that you can have the supplies delivered to you, box, bag, heat pack etc. But I don't think that they'd be able to reach me in time to ship her. I don't want my snake to die, we're a few days away from one year of owning her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want to do the right thing.
>>
>>2444164
>I'm looking into shipping her out on Monday because that is safer and more reliable.

You could do this, although the animal cargo and flight isn't going to necessarily be a quieter atmosphere than your care.

>What would i need to make the trip safe for her?

Put her in cardboard box or styrofoam cooler in a snake bag. Loosely layer crumpled newspaper on bottom of box and little bit on top of the bag. Keep an eye on temperatures. That's pretty much it.
>>
File: received_790743607773152.jpg (166KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_790743607773152.jpg
166KB, 1152x2048px
Help /herp/, we found this little guy on a truck at work, what kind of lizard is it?
>>
>>2444308
Nvm, Italian wall
>>
>>2444092
Except I don't have a rodent problem? I have not seen a mouse in a loooooong time, or any droppings or any other evidence. Now squirrels on the other hand are everywhere. I don't know what I would do about that because I live in the country and am surrounded by woods. Plus there's fucking frogs everywhere this year but idk what I would do about that either, just pointed it out because I'm pretty sure snakes eat frogs too.
>>
>>2444308
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_lizard
>>
>>2444295
Thanks a lot. I think I'm just getting too paranoid. Don't have snake bags, pillowcases work? She likes to explore and escape, what should I do to keep her from getting out? I was thinking of taping the edges shut while poking holes in the styrofoam with a screwdriver. The only reason I hesitate is because I know adhesives can fuck up a snake.
>>
>>2444501

pillowcase works fine. if possible give it a wash and then dry without any fabric softener first.

secure pillowcase closed with a zip-tie. snek will not be able to escape once in the pillowcase. you can use a couple pieces of tape to keep the lid on the styrofoam container but don't tape all the way around the lid.
>>
>>2444164
lucky for you snakes dont have ears
unless its causes your truck to vibrate a whole lot its probably fine
put soft stuff in with her to dampen any vibrations
>>
File: pls no step.jpg (2MB, 2268x2040px) Image search: [Google]
pls no step.jpg
2MB, 2268x2040px
rekt this guy's house while clearing out some dead yucca leaves, some kind of rat snake afaik
>>
File: comfy snake.jpg (152KB, 788x1280px) Image search: [Google]
comfy snake.jpg
152KB, 788x1280px
>>2445050
rude
>>
>>2444068
Very unlikely he will kill a rooster because they are afraid of larger animals.
As for killing the dog, it might happen if the dog is stupid like that and tries to catch the snake but killing a few snakes won't alter your ecosystem enough to stop the fact that snakes live around your area. Snakes are a part of your ecostsystem, deal with it.
Your family doesn't need protecting from snakes, snakes aren't out to get people, they are more afraid of you
>>
>>2444330
Doesn't look like an italian wall to me. We have those niggers all over cincinnati, I see them every day.
>>
Newb question, don't kill me, just wondering. I assume all large reptiles are a lot of work and stress to care for right? Like tegus, monitors, giant snakes ect.
>>
File: FijiTreeBoa.jpg (689KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
FijiTreeBoa.jpg
689KB, 4288x2848px
>>2445771

Not all. Tegus and monitors are a lot of work. Large snakes not as much. Large snake care is essentially the same as medium and small snake care, only bigger; bigger food, bigger tank, harder to pick up and transport if needed. This depends on the species though. An Amazon Basin emerald tree boa is more difficult care than a boa constrictor, for example.
>>
File: AmazonBasinETB.jpg (430KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
AmazonBasinETB.jpg
430KB, 900x470px
>>2445803
>>
>>2445771
No, snakes aren't much work.
>>
>>2445601
Actually I wasn't really worried about my rooster at all, I figured he would even try to kill the snake and could do it no problem and was hoping he would since he was checking him out. I'm just worried about either someone stupid or my dumb animals trying to mess with a water moccasin and getting bit and dying. I ain't gotta deal with shit, I will trap, spray and lay down poison, and do anything else to keep these things off my property.
>>
so is underground reptiles actually a good source?

im still not sure i can trust them and buy a reptile that wont get sick, ive learned the hard way.
>>
>>2445841

No, they're not great. Recommend buying from breeder or buying at an expo.
>>
>>2442274
completely innocent and beautiful creatures.

i just wish they were less popular, not because i dislike them, but because in the reptile trade bearded dragons are tortured and abused by big corps like petsmart and petco

ive seen the fucking videos man, it breaks my heart
>>
>>2445842
noted

there is an expo about 100 miles from me in a few months, and i was looking to get a blue tongue skink, so i think ill just bite the bullet and take the day to go there.

already got a leachianus gecko lined up from a very trusted source so thats all good.
>>
>>2441765
any sites to buy blue tongue skinks from?
>>
File: wYijy[1].jpg (75KB, 776x578px) Image search: [Google]
wYijy[1].jpg
75KB, 776x578px
Caught this little guy
>>
>>2445854

If there's nothing on kingsnake and faunaclassifieds, sometimes best way to start looking is to just type your country and blue tongue skink breeder in to the goggles.
>>
http://snakesatsunset.com/

is this site legit?

just stumbled across it and i was looking to get a pair of fire skinks.

ill look into it more of course but i was wondering if any of you guys know anything about this site, whether they are good or bad.
>>
>>2443366
I don't really like the way beardies look (they look ugly as fuck) plus their heating requirements. Will a BT be able to just sit and chill with me while I'm sitting at the computer?
>>
>>2445858
What a horrid little beast.
>>
Got kik? Like reptiles? Message Ayngelic to join a herp chat.
>>
>>2446081
>beardies are ugly as fuck

TAKE THAT BACK YOU FUCKING HERETIC

blue tounges and bearded dragons are great options for chill lizards.

BT will typically be more energetic though, and wont simply chill with you, instead they want to run around and shit. bearded dragons will chill with you more often.

But dont get a beardie if you hate them, they deserve appreciative owners, they get enough shit.
>>
>>2446088
i'm not saying beardies are bad pets, they just look unappealing
>>
>>2446089
I guess ill have to respect your opinion, even though its wrong.

jk though, i think uromastyx are kind of ugly, at least their faces are, their tails are sweet looking
>>
>>2446091
Anyway, I love my leos but I really want a lizard that'll just sit and chill with me, but I don't know if there's any besides beardies
>>
>>2445808
But they look so goood. I want to fill my house with them.
>>
Is there anywhere in Canada that I can order a Northern blue tongued skink? If I'm going to dish out the kind of money for a BTS and nice big set up, it has to be a top-tier one like a Northern
>>
going to a reptile show

anything I should be wary of?

I do plan on buying one reptile, their cage is already set up, and this expo is in one month.
>>
>>2446093
tegus and the occasional monitor have been known to chill with their owner for periods of time but even then Im sure those still like to roam around most of the time
I have a green iguana that after about a year and a half finally realized my shoulders/head are safe places to hang out and will even come and climb up on me sometimes If im sitting in the room with all my herps
>>
>>2446480
you have an iguana eh?

how big is the housing? hard to care for? ive always liked iguana's but i plan on taking care of my smaller lizards first before i think about tegu's or iguana's, but id like to get there someday
>>
>>2446480

Tegus can be very goofy and almost pupper-like sometimes.

>obligatory warning that tegus are not puppers and require a great deal more care and knowledge before even considering attempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTbxgV50Sc
>>
>>2446497
He currently gets free roam of an entire room heated to 80f or so but his "cage" is about 6x3x2 which is fairly small but its effectively his basking/eating spot
I had a much larger one but it got destroyed last year along with pretty much everything else in a flood
Hes really good as far as iguanas go to be honest hasnt ever bitten me except for when he nipped my finger once or twice trying to get food out of it and stopped tail whipping after about 2 or 3 weeks of me getting him
He is a spoiled prince though and im constantly cleaning up after him because he loves to flip his water dish over and slap around food he doesnt want to eat aswell as occasionally smearing feces on something(I have after getting out of the 50gallon plastic tub that I put about 4-5 inches of fresh warm water in daily for him to soak/use the bathroom in
But I love him hes my slightly destructive little shit head
>>
>>2446607
Nice, glad you can take care of a monstrous iguana and enjoy it.

too many half ass, half hearted people getting big reptiles like this thinking it'll be easy, only to get rid of the animals once they realize what they are actually in for.

i personally thank you as a fellow enthusiast
>>
how hard are dart frogs to take care of anyway?

I had a spare 12x12x18 exo terra and i was thinking of just putting two of the smaller species of dart frog in there.

I already have good source for buying the necessary bio active materials and soil.
>>
>>2447181

Intermediate to hard depending on species. The tricky thing is they can be delicate and can/will die if the environs aren't stable in their required temp/humidity ranges.
>>
>>2447194

Oh, I should mention there is an easier alternative. Bumblebee toads. Similar size to dart frogs, black and yellow colouring with red toes and belly. Hardier species and so easier to keep successfully. Josh's Frogs site sells them sometimes but it looks like they're sold out right now. Another option is fire belly toads. Little bit bigger than dart drogs. Easy care. Available everywhere.
>>
I want to give a bio-active tank a shot. Since I have 3 tanks on a shelf that all need UVB I'm thinking of getting a 4ft t5ho fixture for a reptisun 10.0 bulb.

Now that said, I will have plants and need to provide light for them as well. Do you think it makes sense to try and find a 2 bulb T5HO fixture and have 1 bulb for the UVB and the other for 6500k daylight for the plants?

Can you suggest such a light fixture? I'm struggling finding any.
>>
File: IMG-20170728-WA0033.jpg (96KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170728-WA0033.jpg
96KB, 1600x900px
>>2441892
She's Momo, she has autism (literally). Also we want more leos in the thread!
>>
>>2443662
>kidnapping wild animals for your amusement
Good one anon
In all seriousness, it's better for both the environment and the animals if you buy captivebred ones
>>
>>2447377
>normie tier herps
No
>>
>>2447377
Fuck, leos are so damn cool looking. Very nice face
I want one
>>
>>2446480
Isn't the lizard's personality also a factor in their willingness to just chill out? I had an anole once that would just chill out and sit on my shirt while I sat at my computer, and you're really not supposed to handle anoles.
>>
>>2447375
>Can you suggest such a light fixture? I'm struggling finding any.

No idea on that. Not sure what sorts of light fixtures are available. Might have to use too separate ones.
>>
>>2447492

I don't care for this sentiment and I see it a lot in reptile keeping community. Some people get in to it like it's a contest to keep the most difficult, demanding, and rare species possible.

Leos are awesome. Their easy care and feeding is just bonus.
>>
File: Sprite1.jpg (295KB, 1320x880px) Image search: [Google]
Sprite1.jpg
295KB, 1320x880px
>>2447546

Yes lizards have varying personalities like anything else. When a care sheet says a particular species tends to behave in such and such a way, it applies to the average majority.

My pair of pictus geckos are an interesting example of that variation. Both females, one is super shy as pictus tend to be (especially the females), while the other is the tamest and most fearless gecko I have. That gecko ate on the first day I had her home, climbs around my hand whenever I'm doing tank maintenance provided she isn't asleep or in shed at the time, once climbed up my shirt and in to my front pocket then hissed at me when I tried to take her out. Pic related is her. She was gravid at the time (note belly bulge); reptile shop's fault, left her in with a male for too long and didn't realize she and the male were breeding age already.
>>
>>2447566
So what would you say overall about a bluey's chances of just wanting to sit and chill? I've been doing my research on them, and some people say they're kinda chill.
>>
>>2447492
>normie tier herps
there's no such thing
simply having a herp no longer makes you a normie
"normies" are the ones that come into my store, and say they hate snakes and wish the ball pythons were dead or they point at any given lizard and call it an iguana
>>
File: IMG_20170803_232229_01.jpg (346KB, 2048x995px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170803_232229_01.jpg
346KB, 2048x995px
Can anyone identify this lizard?
She was found hiding in the basement, very cool and slow moving. I put her in box with lamp and water and stick for some time, then released. She crawled and some in the box, but when I put her out side she just sat there.
(1/2)
>>
File: IMG_20170803_232237_01.jpg (499KB, 1152x1853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170803_232237_01.jpg
499KB, 1152x1853px
I feel guilty about release. It was getting dark and she was still being sluggish. I think I could have given her a good home. My guess is she is a northern alligator lizard. What say you?
Found in Western Washington.
(2/2)
>>
>>2447574
They're pretty relaxed lizards and slow most of the time too.
>>
>>2447586
Oh, except for pregant females. Those are pure evil. Defensively evil anyway.
>>
>>2447586
Well I'm going to a reptile show Saturday, do you think I can ask a breeder if he knows which of his lizards are more docile than others?
>>
>>2447579
This.
If anything, having anything other than a dog, cat, or incredibly poorly cared for fish makes you an autist.
>>
File: IMG_9172.jpg (12KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9172.jpg
12KB, 125x125px
Serious question:
I've been researching how to care for multiple reptiles for around 7 years now.

I 100% want a gecko when I'm able to afford the set up and start saving for possible future vet visits.
Problem is I don't know where to start. I love gold dust day geckos but I'm not sure if they'd be a good starter.
Would golden geckos be a better starter lizard? This site I found that has very healthy looking herps & arachnids has them on sale, 3 for $20 and they have bundles for cages and food as well. I'm super interested in it and plan on keeping my eye on everything until I have the funds for all of it (I have a full time job now and can keep up with the cage and lizard(s) financially after a few months).
I just want to know if these would be okay geckos to start with.
>>
>>2448039
Yes, gold dusts are fine, but don't expect handling. Most Phelsumas will stay skittish.
>>
>>2448056
That's fine, I know owning a herp means less handling unless it's a beardy.
>>
>>2448039

You can start with day geckos, sure. Extra important to set up the tank with all substrate and decor installed and monitor the temperatures and humidity over at least couple days to make sure things are stable in the correct ranges. This is one of the most common mistakes made by new reptile owners. Get reptile, slap together a tank while your herp is sitting in their deli cup or whatever the pet store/breeder gave them to you in, temps are all over the place because you didn't prepare, scramble to get things right.

For a diurnal species like day geckos, one of the things commonly overlooked is if you need a supplementary heat source for over night while the main heat lamp is off. If your room temperature falls below the recommended night time temperatures for day geckos you will need to use something. Low wattage ceramic heat emitter on the screen top, something like that. NO red bulbs. Red bulbs are shit for leaving on all night.
>>
>>2448107
*set up tank before getting the geckos, I meant. Test it with no geckos inside, then go obtain geckos.
>>
>implying only faggots and girls keep cute geckos
>too cheap to take a girl out somewhere nice so on first date I'm just walking around my neighbour hood with a girl
>show her my gecko collection on phone
>''aww there so cute''
>''come over to my place I'll show all my geckos and pets''
>fuck the shit out of her
I take good care of my lizards, keep them clean and healthy and cute and in return they get me laid.
>>
>>2448298
*they're
I fucked her crestie style by the way, rough and from behind
>>
>>2448039
The cuter the gecko, the more magnetic it is to pussy. Phelsuma are a good choice
>>
>>2448299
It's only authentic if you bite her neck to hold her still until you're finished.
>>
File: IMG_0545.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0545.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Can somebody help me identify this lizard? Pretty sure it's some sort of lacerta. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>2448463
Forgot to mention it's in Rome, whoops.
>>
>>2446083
rude
>>
Pretty stupid question I'm sure but I have got to know the truth. Do pythons and other large snakes really yawn to prepare to eat a large meal?
>>
>>2448552

They yawn. All snakes yawn. Not specifically for that reason though.
>>
File: CornSnekYawn.gif (846KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
CornSnekYawn.gif
846KB, 300x225px
>>2448587

Sneks are some of the most enthusiastic yawners in nature, too. Really get that full jaw stretch out going with gusto.
>>
>>2445848
I really hate the "in-between" popularity of herps as a whole; they're just popular enough for corps to abuse them for money, but not popular enough for anyone to really care. Those ads that show abused animals never really include any pictures of stacked turtles or lizards with missing limbs.
>>
>>2448591
Dude I fuckin love snakes even more now
>>
>>2448626
Do you think animbytes tier animal keeping is like the snake version of a puppy mill? The cages are too small, but I'm not sure how much the snakes care
I know snakes utilize large set ups if they have it available, and even ball python love to climb in a cage with a good height
>>
>>2448785
most of his keeping isnt really bad at all for 99% of his animals.
The big pythons could use size upgrades and his alligator(s when he had 3) have always needed a better enclosure and hes just now finally getting around to one in the near future
But for all his more common stuff like colubrids and balls hes fine. That picture people like to post with the HUEG monitor in the rack wasn't his own it was whatever place he was visiting.
Puppymill tier shit is like petco/petsmart suppliers where like 1/3rd of the animals we would get were sick on deaths door or already dead.
>>
i think im going to buy ambystoma opacum
>>
>>2448113
I would never make the mistake of scrambling for the correct habitat ever again after I had hermit crabs when I was younger. I will never impulse buy anything with a heartbeat every again.

>>2448300
I'm not in need of pussy, I have a gf I live with, but maybe it'll get me laid more than I already am :^)
>>
File: pelican yawn.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pelican yawn.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2448591
>most enthusiastic yawners in nature
Sorry, but that title goes to the pelican.
>>
>>2448931

yep, okay that wins.
>>
File: MarbledSalamander.jpg (297KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
MarbledSalamander.jpg
297KB, 800x533px
>>2448895

Had to look this up. Cool looking salamander.
>>
>>2448931
I love me some snake yawns but yeah, gotta agree
>>
I have a 20 gallon. 30 in length.

Will I be able to sleep at night keeping a corn snake in it or is it animal cruelty?
>>
File: 1465256037054.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465256037054.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>2446582
>The tegu gets the glove stuck on its head
>>
>>2449065

20g is okay for first couple years for a corn snake. You will want to upgrade once snake is 2.5-3 feet in length.
>>
File: Tailless_Crested_Gecko.jpg (5KB, 220x156px) Image search: [Google]
Tailless_Crested_Gecko.jpg
5KB, 220x156px
So, I met someone by chance at the aquarium supplies store who happens to breed Crested Geckos and I've been wanted to get a lizard for a while. How large of a tank should I get for one?
>>
>>2448552
Sometimes they'll yawn after a meal, to rearrange their jaws, but they don't yawn beforehand, no. They open their mouths as they swallow.

They'll also "yawn" randomly, supposedly to stretch and realign their jaws.

>>2448785
Yes, in a way. Their enclosures are designed to make the most profit, they have low quality animals, and the animals live in subpar conditions.

Even the bps and colubrids are in too small enclosures. Even the avid rack-defenders I normally see around provide bigger racks to their animals than BHB does. The enclosures are very dirty (tried selling racks on the side of the street caked in filth), keeps arboreal reptiles in very terrestrial racks, and cohabitates lizards when he really shouldn't. The enclosures are too small for it, there's too many, and the videos I've seen they're all scared shitless, moreso than is the acceptable "norm."

They, and virtually all breeders, feed their snakes in a way to get them to breeding size as fast as possible. This reduces their lifespans, and breeding so young means that oftentimes their clutches aren't the greatest. Bad clutches can happen to mature females, too, but breeding young and overweight females can result in partial or full slugged clutches, and put the female's life in danger from the strain, and breeding is dangerous enough on its own.

Overfeeding and lack of exercise opportunities kills reptiles. Fatty liver disease is one of the most common ailments of reptiles, so ample space is always a must imo.
>>
Anynone here keeps fire belly newts? Do you need to filter their water just like with fish or do you just let plants do their work?
>>
>>2449187
A 18x18x24 exo terra would be a good choice.

>>2449243
filter
>>
>>2449243
they need a filter more than most fish in the trade
>>
File: atrox.jpg (54KB, 852x852px) Image search: [Google]
atrox.jpg
54KB, 852x852px
r8 new atrox

named it Templeton
>>
>>2449456
Ooh that is a handsome danger noodle. 9.5/10
>>
>>2449244
Also, should I get a heat lamp or a heated pad for him?
Just trying to figure out which one to get.
>>
>>2449467
slap a little pad on the side of the container. you know they can't get too hot without dying, right?
>>
>>2448931
pelicans are the snakes of the bird world
https://youtu.be/jWxIOdt-V8Y
>>
>>2449474

Jesus... at least snakes constrict or shoot up the prey animal with venom. That was a struggle.
>>
File: 5.jpg (94KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
94KB, 600x675px
>>2449519
well, not always
>>
>>2443414
Yes they are pets. They are kinda of flighty and really cannot be handled. They do not bite or at least never heard of them biting. Cool little dudes see them at expos all the time.
>>
>>2449470
Yeah, I know, I was wondering what would be the best way to give it a hot and a cool area, I'll look into pads, I plan on ordering everything on tuesday, and get the gecko once I have everything set up
>>
>>2449191
How often would you feeding an adult ball python? I feed mine every two weeks more or less
I'm a few days late right now
>>
>>2449739

Every two weeks is just fine for an adult BP.
>>
If any of you fine snake experts would direct your attention here, I would be very appreciative

>>1075676
>>2449829
>>
>>2449739
I feed mine every 2 weeks as well, he also doesn't get anything bigger than a small rat. He starts refusing food after he has 2 or 3 medium rats, and he's not all that big so they're not necessary.

I also don't worry about feeding them late, even up to 3-4 weeks and it's fine, a few days is nothing. I stick to my schedule maybe 80% of the time, and normally they're not more than a week late.

But having periods of time off of food is important, so they don't build up too much fat, and gives them time for their organs to rest from digestion.
>>
Anybody heard of "Reptiles Uncaged" on YouTube? This guy is triggering the hell out of me.

>whole room of house made into free roam area for many reptiles
>keeping anoles, a frog, snakes, and a leopard gecko all in the same subpar environment
>does no research before buying his reptiles from petsmart
>introduces animals into the room he knows are sick without any quarantine
>plans to buy two more leopard geckos as mates for his male despite people saying that basking lights and high humidity is unsafe for them

I feel dead inside.
>>
File: chomp.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
chomp.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>
>>2450195
Yea its come up in some of my recommended stuff before. I watched the cricket video and instantly knew that guy didnt know his shit.
Its a neat idea but terribly executed.
>>
Anyone from down under that knows good spots in Sydney for herping?
>>
>>2450407

nice slow-mo
>>
has any of you kept WC toad? how to make them eat?
>>
File: 1494564364526.gif (2MB, 460x308px) Image search: [Google]
1494564364526.gif
2MB, 460x308px
>>2450555
>>
>>2450556
is it bufo bufo?
>>
File: IMG_20170807_184923 - Copy.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_184923 - Copy.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
hey /an/ I'm looking to get into herping. I went to my local aquarium store since they're the only pet store and I got this decomissioned tank that leaks a bit. It's 20gal so I'm kinda limited to a cornsnake for starting since a ball python would get big p fast. There's a reptile show up in St Louis the 20th and so I plan on getting one there. I want to get this right, so forgive me if this is long winded and I'm asking stupid already answered shit.

Most of this is going to come from Amazon
So firstly, I need a heater, Zoo med has one that's 8" by 6", is that fine or does it need to be the size of the tank? Along with the thermostat controller already recommended. Keeping it around mid 80's -> mid 70's on the floor.

Then with that I fill the bottom of the tank with the shredded Aspen. On that is two hides, one on the cool, one on the warm, and a water bowl that's filled with like regular water. Do those need to be anything special, should I buy like a tiny hide since it'll probably be a hatchling and then buy a slightly larger one in a couple months? or can I just go outside and find some loose wood and carve a hide out and bring some rocks or anything to fill out room?

After that, all I think I would need cage-wise is just keeping the screen top weighted.

As far as food, is undergroundreptiles(.)com/shop/frozen-pinky-mice/ fine to feed it every 5 days and will it ever get big enough that I need to start giving it regular mice / when would it roughly be.

I know don't mess with the snake for roughly 2 days after eating, but for the other days is there a limit for handling, should I keep it under a time or can I just let him run around my hand and stuff till kingdom come?

As for getting the snake, is there anything special I should be looking for when I get to the show, I'd like to just get a regular one and not one of these $300+ crazy colored snakes. Is there stuff I should say to make sure I'm getting a healthy noodle or one that hasn't been puppy milled?
>>
>>2450668
Hit the limit, but I still want to say thanks for any insight and patience. I really don't want to fuck anything up.
>>
File: 20161121_120804.jpg (260KB, 1031x773px) Image search: [Google]
20161121_120804.jpg
260KB, 1031x773px
>>2450668
Western Hognose is a MUCH better snake than a Cornsnake.

>desert snakes so no need ot bother with misting making bad sheds next to impossible
>unlike their eastern counterparts they take to eating mice easy
>are not shy, spend a lot of time exploring their tank and benefit from the decorations being changed up often.
>build tunnels everywhere
>grow slow and stay small forever.
>>
>>2450671
I'm reading up a caresheet for it and it sounds pretty fucking cool. So it pretty much plays the same strategy except at a warmer temp. I'll definitely put them up and if I see a good deal probably take it. That snout is p fucking cute too.
>>
>>2450686
i was debating between the hognose and the kenyan sand boa. i got the sand boa.
the sand boa just a pair of eyes in the substrate during the day, and sometimes runs around at night. i would handle him once a week or every two weeks, but i guess he didn't like that. now, the moment i touch him for more that a few seconds, he starts high-tailing it into the ground. i hate you too Jörmungandr.
i recommend you to get the hognose.
>>
I've always wanted a monitor and I finally live alone without a girlfriend or roommate so no I don't need to consider their feelings about it

I've always liked the ackies, but perhaps I could get something slightly bigger, in the range of an emerald TM, any reccomendations?
>>
>>2450833
if youve never owned one before and you're dead set on it, get an ackie or maybe a savannah
>>
>>2450739
That's an excellent name however I hope you are joking about not loving your pet snake
>>
>>2450739
>>2450739
Maybe the sand boa senses your negative energy if you are not joking about not appreciating him. Mental energies and life force is real
Energy is how I communicate with my reptilian familiars
Sending them healing energies, always yields results
>>
>>2450833
>>2450833
>considering a woman's opinion about your pet
If this wasn't my favourite board I just might drop the c-bomb on you for that
>>
>>2450833
Honestly I did ton of research and ackies seem like the way to go. They are really cool quite hardy as a first monitor and not as expensive as tree monitors. Or maybe Kimberly rock monitors those are similar.
>>
>>2450881

Ackies are great and I think a good choice for first go at a species of monitor. You get all the monitor personality without all the strength and size of the larger ones.
>>
>>2450887
Yeah they seem really curious and outgoing so you don't have to worry about not seeing them for a month or them being scared shitless everytime you open their doors to do cleaning
>>
>>2450671
Actually, hoggies are known to be pretty picky, and go on fasts a lot like ball pythons do.

Westerns aren't as bad as easterns, but some may still refuse food without having it scented with toad/frog.

>>2450739
Any species you get will have problems and could potentially have skittish/defensive individuals. You have to keep in mind even the most docile of snakes don't enjoy being handled, they merely tolerate it. Having a snake run from you or strike at you is par for the course, and really shouldn't play into a decision on species (unless the species is new in captivity and still bitey like Amazon tree boas or African rock pythons).

If you're wanting a certain attitude, then finding a breeder and asking them about individual personalities might help. It's not set in stone, however, as sometimes snakes' personalities can change drastically between keepers for any variety of reasons.
>>
File: 1497310757644.gif (1016KB, 188x141px) Image search: [Google]
1497310757644.gif
1016KB, 188x141px
>>2450556
>>
>>2450898
I understand a snake isn't a dog, but surely at best they don't just tolerate handling. What's the point of them if at best you're just a bother. That makes me think that unless you're actively researching them or something of that magnitude there's no reason to ever own one without just selfishly wanting to negatively impact their life.
>>
>>2451157
you could realize that reptiles are display pets like fish and stop fiddling them if it isn't necessary for health checkups or major tank cleanings
>>
>>2451157
The point of keeping reptiles as pets is primarily observation. Watching them do their snek stuff or lizard stuff or frog stuff and so on. They may or may not enjoy using your body as a warm climbing branch and food dispenser. That isn't the point.

You want a pal to play with, get a mammal.
>>
Amphibian newbie anon here's got a question.
I'm going to adopt a Reeves turtle from a collegue who doesn't have enough time to take care of it properly anymore.
I've been looking around for a basking platform or whatever so that it gets more swimming space due to the possibility to raise the water level. Currently the turtle has a plastic log as a basking area.

So what size of basking platform should I aim for? What brands are decent?
I've browsed some of the acrylic options with suction cups and a "ramp" but I don't know if it will hold the turtle.
>>
>>2450556
>OI DAT MY EYE!

>U WOT MATE!?
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2448892
>Puppymill tier shit is like petco/petsmart suppliers where like 1/3rd of the animals we would get were sick on deaths door or already dead.
Fuck, don't remind me. My store ordered a lot of shit from gourmet rodent who really couldn't give a single fuck about their animals: The water dragons always came in with eye infections/internal parasites, the BPs would have mites and wouldn't eat unless forcefed (which I technically wasn't supposed to be allowed to do), we constantly got animals in that were either much older or younger than what we were expecting despite us being careful in what we ordered. Worse still, the higher ups couldn't care less and would basically tell us to deal with it which led to me having to do a lot of things that would've got me fired had I not quit in order to improve the animal's lives. Thankfully it seems that petco recently dropped Gourmet rodent after complaints from other stores and consumers and is trying to find an alternative. Bad news is that this has caused a drop in reptile stock and the cunts who either just want a reptile to brag or treat as a novelty are complaining now and could cause the company to take back GR or an equally bad supplier to meet demands. Pic unrelated, just wanted to show my little jungle jag off.
>>
Hey, what would be a good first-time frog? I would prefer if they were about the size of the frogs in this gif and also be good with multiple frogs in the same aquarium.
>>2450556
>>
>>2451393
Dumpy frogs are pretty legit starters.
>>
>>2451237
Oh yea I had to do tons of shit that should have gotten me fired for doing. And the funny part is like 2/3rds of it was stuff management shafted onto me and told me to just forge their signature. Gave me all their log in info for ordering shit to so they wouldnt have to double check it. I got in trouble once for trying to feed an extremely small bp (like 7 or 8 inches at most) food right before we closed inside his enclosure because were supposed to take them out and put them in a pet carrier
Our turtles always came in messed up with shell rot or eye infections. Balls would never eat and had several die because we werent allowed to give them a chill out period because if someone wanted to see them we had to drag them out regardless
We had several beardies show up just straight dead and I dont even want to mention the hell that was fish.
Mammals regularly came in with ringworms rashes diarrhea or the worst was parasites
It was a shit show and the top manager was never happy
>>
>>2451453
Good to know I'm not the only one that was made to do the manager's jobs at times. Ringworm was rare for any mammal that wasn't a guinea pig, but we almost always got at least one hamster in that ended up with wet tail, never any fish problems funnily enough, though our aquatics specialist was pretty anal retentive about keeping them in top shape.
Given how I worked in a predominately black/Hispanic and ghetto region I considered it a blessing that it was illegal to sell turtles in our county since I know for a fact that eight out of ten of the folks interested in owning one would never put in the work of money to keep them properly. As for handling the herps, my first GM and DM sided with me on the matter and allowed me to refuse people if our snakes had just fed. Unfortunately that power, along with the power to refuse animal sales to people that I didn't think would actually care for the animal was revoked once both of those managers got transferred out, which was one of many reasons I stopped working here.
>>
>>2450671

Sand boas are also good starters for many of the same reasons.

Hardy.
Don't get big.
Arid terrariums are easy to take care of.
Healthy eaters.

If you provide substrate they'll spend nearly all of their time burrowed, so they aren't good display animals- possibly a good thing if you're in a household with someone that isn't comfortable with snakes.
>>
>>2451157
As far as we know right now, they do not have the physical or chemical capabilities to feel attachment like with people. Their brain, as far as we can tell at this moment, is barely more than a brain stem. As with anything, we may learn they make up for that in some way, but for now we can only assume that no, they do not enjoy or want our company.

Owning snakes is much like owning fish. They're more there to be there, but with the added bonus you can actually take a snake out and hold every once in awhile.

As long as the snake is tolerating your presence, I don't see why it matters if it's attached to you or not. I don't own pets, regardless of what it is, because of their capacity to bond with me.

You can handle MOST snakes without bothering them too much, but you also have to understand them because not every snake will tolerate handling. Overhandling and improper handling can greatly affect your snake, increasing chances of becoming ill, refusing food, becoming physically defensive, etc.

If all my snakes are eating and healthy, that's all I could ever ask for. Even if I can't ever handle a few or all of them, just taking care of them and taking the occasional photos is enough for me. It does also help that I have a decent amount of snakes, so I don't have to bother the same one over and over, and still be able to have a snake to handle.
>>
>>2451419
alright thanks. I looked into dumpy frogs and they seem pretty cool. I do have some questions about them first though.
how loud are dumpy frogs? I want to keep them in my room, so I want to know if they will keep me up at night.
How many frogs will fit in a 20 gallon tank? Id really like to get 2-3 frogs and I already have a 20 gallon tank that is unused.
>>
File: 061.jpg (343KB, 984x738px) Image search: [Google]
061.jpg
343KB, 984x738px
>>2451989
Been keeping them for over 10 years. From my experience they aren't durable or frequent croakers if you aren't actively trying to get them into mating mood. Mostly it happens during or right after misting, where they bark for maybe 20 seconds and then stop. You'd certainly hear it, dunno if such a short duration would be enough to wake you up.

I personally wouldn't even keep one in a 20gal, especially not a standard fish tank. They are tree frogs and need height. Plus they do reach a decent size and can make strong leaps. My own setup for 3 is about 73 gallon, it gives them a good bunch of space to move and jump around.
>>
>>2452023

>corkboard as a background

That's clever. How does it hold up under wet conditions? Does the glue holding the board together break down?
>>
File: 20161120_045748.jpg (193KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_045748.jpg
193KB, 600x801px
>>2452109
No problems there. I've made that tank like 7 years ago and it still holds up as well as ever.
>>
File: IMG_0387.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>2451736
While I wouldn't consider it true attachment or affection or anything, I've noticed that some reptiles will associate your presence with safety.

I had a beardie that a roommate took care of when I was gone for 2 months, and even though he took care of her exactly the same way I did (he also kept reptiles), she avoided pooping as much as possible until I was back in my chair next to her tank. She went from pooping once a week, maybe twice back to pooping every day once I was home.
>>
I have had an American Green Tree Frog for around 7 years. He was fully grown when I got him. What's the average lifespan for frogs in general, and are there any signs that a frog shows when it's dying?
>>
>>2452123
That can't be generalised as it depends on the species. For a H. cinerea that you got as an adult 7 years is a strong age. Fire bellied toads for instance are able to reach 15-20 years and pyxies can apparently even manage 40 in some cases.

General signs would be lethargy, refusing food, dragging the body instead of standing strong on the legs, stuff like that.
>>
>>2452121
from the thumbnail, I thought it was a partially eaten waffle sandwich
>>
>>2452121
>oh you're home, lemme shit as much as possible
I know that feel, except with a snake.
>>
>>2452119

Thanks. I may use this idea in future tank builds.
>>
>>2452204

Either that or the wonderful 'ooh you cleaned my tank let me shit all over it immediately'. Leaving a small section of old (but still clean) substrate when you do a cleaning seems minimize this. Seems to be territory marking behaviour.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 474x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 474x632px
>>2441765
Anyone know what type of plant the Leo is on? I wanna add one into my Leo's viv
>>
Anyone have any suggestions of good surfaces that look better then kitchen towel or cardboard to keep a Leo on?
Like something that looks kids natural
>>
>>2452388

ceramic or slate tile. Go to hardware store in the flooring aisle. You can buy sample tiles individually. They're cheap. Like a dollar or so per 12"x12" square.
>>
Can snakes get along with other snakes? What about with cats or dogs?
>>
>>2452441
no, if they aren't mating snakes are cannabalistic
no, your snake will at best be ambivalent to their existence until your dog or cat wants to play or eat them and they get maimed in the process
>>
>>2452454
>no, if they aren't mating snakes are cannabalistic
How are they not extinct? And why do things like this exist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avtZJKydB-E
>>
>>2452441
Snakes don't really "get along" with other animals. They don't have a concept of friends of family.
Snakes mixing with cats and dogs is a fucking awful idea, because if the mammal tries playing with it the snake will bite them, and even small cat scratches can be fatal to the snake. Snakes are extremely vulnerable to the bacteria that collects on cat claws.
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-09_21-57-21.png (643KB, 767x386px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-09_21-57-21.png
643KB, 767x386px
>>2449456
>tfw refused frozen and needed to feed live
>>
>>2452459
Cannibalism in the animal kingdom is a lot more common than you might expect. Usually it's adults eating younger species since they're easy targets.
If a bunch of snakes are gathered together it usually means they're clinging for warmth or it's mating season.
>>
>>2452471
Interesting, thanks anon
>>
>>2452459
those snakes are mating probably, many species will form a sort of mating ball

its not like a snake will just eat another snake if they see one, but if two of them are locked in a confined space, and one of them gets hungry all bets are off

unless you're a king cobra, they actually eat snakes on purpose
>>
>>2452460
>>2452454
Is this true for all combinations of male and female snakes?

so sad, poor snakes :'(
>>
>>2452475
>unless you're a king cobra, they actually eat snakes on purpose

Regular kingsnakes (colubridae) also eat other snakes regularly in the wild. They are immune some types of snake venom, including rattlesnake venom, a species they are known to prey upon.
>>
>>2452441
Cats and dogs can stress out your snakes if they're overly rambunctious or you allow them near each other. It's best if the snake has its own room where the dogs/cats cannot get to, and the snakes and cats/dogs are not allowed in the same room when handling.

>>2452480
All snakes, regardless of gender mixes. Even breeding a male and female together is dangerous. Females of some species have been known to purposely crush, strike, constrict, or otherwise harm/kill a prospective mate.

You keep two snakes together, and they will fight over resources and potentially cannibalize. The stress can lower the immune system of the less dominant snake, increasing their chances of becoming sick and refusing food. There is not a species I'd consider it more beneficial to keep them together than not. This includes garter snakes and rattlesnakes, species often considered to be ok to cohabitate.
>>
Hey /herp/, I think my Leopard Gecko's urate is mostly liquid. I don't have a picture sadly but there are dried white spot on the tile that I assume could old be dried up urate or urine or whatever.
Is this a sign that there is something wrong with him? His Stools are completely normal but this seem odd to me.
>>
>>2452883
Not necessarily. Try a different feeder insect for a couple weeks and see if anything changes.
>>
>>2452901
thanks for the advice, I will certainly try that
He's on crickets now but my other Leo switched to mealworms a few months ago so if I can't remove crickets from my life I'd be a happy camper.
>>
>>2452914
If dubia roaches or locusts are available/legal where you live, those are also good options.
>>
>>2452915
I'll keep that in mind
thanks
>>
Building new tank from solid wood right now. Using fir because i like the grain pattern. Never again. That species of wood is too brittle and a real pain to drill nice clean holes in.

Previous tank build is just about finished off gassing after waterproofing. Going to cut the acrylic for front door soon. I finally settled on preferred way to cut acrylic cleanly. Bosch makes a jigsaw blade specifically for plastic sheet goods like acrylic and it works a charm.
>>
File: 2016-08-23 19.53.53.jpg (969KB, 3492x1964px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-23 19.53.53.jpg
969KB, 3492x1964px
Does anyone know how fast Boa constrictors grow?
Is there a difference between "natural" and morph boas?

just curious
>>
>>2452363
I don't know a lot about plants but it looks like Soleirolia soleirolii (Baby tears) to me? Although I don't know how well they survive with a low humidity environment.
>>
My skink's been sitting in the same spot with her head buried in her substrate for a little over 2 days now, and hasn't moved a muscle. Is this normal?
>>
Picked up some great pieces of drift wood from my trip to the beach earlier this week what do I need to do to them to be able to put them in with my corn snake?
>>
>>2453893
if they are small enough sit them in some 10% bleach water overnight and then soak them in normal water and let them completely dry out 2-3 times
>>
>>2453907
Cool! If he decides to crap on it what would be a good solution to cleaning it?
>>
>>2453852

Still eating or no? How is your humidity and temperature?
>>
>>2453912

Boiling water is the best way if possible.
>>
>>2453929
Alrighty sounds good! Thank you!
>>
>>2453928
Last time she's eaten was not long before she buried her head. And my bulb recently blew like a day or two ago, and I haven't gotten out to get a new one yet.
>>
>>2453941

Okay replace your basking bulb asap. Your skink has gotten cold and is aestivating until heat comes back.
>>
A sarasinorum different in care (other than needing a bigger tank) than cresties?
Do groups of females do well together? Is it easy to breed them or is it like Rhacodactylus Chahoua and Leachies where males and female are known to kill each other
Even with Gargoyles I know that even females are more likely to be aggressive towards each other than cresties but can do well together
Female cresties usually do well together though
>>
>>2454080
*are Sarasinorum
Also, I've heard two things regarding their diet
1. feed them the same as cresties
2. feed them similar to cresties but more insects is mandatory
Which should I do?
>>
>>2454080
>A sarasinorum different in care (other than needing a bigger tank) than cresties?

Same care. They're speed demons though so handling is often dicey. I don't recommend you attempt to co-hab them.
>>
>>2454088
>2. feed them similar to cresties but more insects is mandatory

As with gargoyles, they can benefit from a slightly higher intake of protein. This can be achieved with Repashy Grubs and Fruit mix or Pangea fruit mix with insects, both of which contain high percentage of protein from dried insects (phoenix worms).
>>
>>2454095
>>2454090
>I don't recommend you attempt to co-hab them.
So they are often aggressive to each other? That's not a deal breaker to me at all, but good to know.
I'd like to try breeding them though, and I don't like the idea of breeding species of lizards where I have to be worried about them killing each other, could that be an issue as long as they are together only temporally?
>>
>>2454100

Oh i don't own any, just have worked with them on occasion in the past. No idea about breeding.
>>
File: toad.jpg (37KB, 628x416px) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
37KB, 628x416px
TOAD COMING THROUGH
>>
File: toadthreesome.jpg (150KB, 962x639px) Image search: [Google]
toadthreesome.jpg
150KB, 962x639px
>>2454864

/herp/ i would like you to appreciate the sensual romance of the toad mating dance.
>>
File: led-strips-support.jpg (96KB, 1024x360px) Image search: [Google]
led-strips-support.jpg
96KB, 1024x360px
Hi /herp/ I am trying to make my own Led lighting for a planted 24 x 18 x 24 exo terra and I am getting pissed trying to figure out what strips to buy. I already have a UVB light for my day geckos so I am not concerned about that but I want to be able to make a shit load of bars for this tank as well as other tanks I have.

anyone experience with diy led lights? or good links as to where to buy them?
>>
>>2455451

Hmm. I haven't a clue. /diy/ might be able to steer you in the right direction for LED type and places to purchase.
>>
>>2455487

darn, I hope someone on here has some experience with this. All of the lighting I see being sold specifically for herps seems to be subpar in regards to LEDs.
>>
File: Frog.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frog.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Found this little guy in one of my flower pots. Anyone know what type of frog he is?
>>
>>2455510
Look for a more terrarium-specific forum. There are plenty of people who DIY lights, but not many of them seem to post here.
>>
>>2455529
Just looks like a gray tree frog, but I'm no expert.
>>
I got a 2 month old ball python from a reptile show that was in my area about a week ago and she's acting very aggressive, is there any thing I can do the help her chill out and destress? Her temps are fine and she's eating fine. Is it because she's just a baby?
>>
>>2454095
Both of those mixes barely have any higher protein than the regular Pangea
The Pangea with insects is 22 percent while other Pangea are 21 percent protein and the repashy grubs and fruit is 24 percent protein
I'd feed insects
I like to offer a bowl of dubias so I can easily count how many are eaten but crickets allow them to hunt and get exercise
>>
>>2455610
>Is it because she's just a baby?

Yes, young BPs can be like that. Every other day just leave your hand resting in the tank for a few minutes, hold still, don't approach snek or try to handle. Do that for a few weeks and she'll start to settle down. Another thing you can try is putting an item of clothing you have worn in her tank so she gets used to your smell and doesn't associate it with anything threatening.
>>
>>2455656

My preferred live feeder for arboreal geckos are black soldier flies. I take about 10 phoenix worms (larva form) and release them in to the substrate. They burrow down below the surface and do their phoenix worm stuff until they emerge a couple weeks later in fly form. The geckos seem to love them. Despite their ability to fly, they aren't much more difficult for the geckos to catch than crickets are. Fairly sedentary as flies goes and easy to sneak up on. Bonus is that black soldier flies are not physically capable of biting so they cannot hurt geckos while they asleep.
>>
>>2455660
Great! Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>2453755
When fed correctly, boas grow very slowly. They can grow a lot faster by power feeding, but at the cost of the snake's health and longevity.

You should expect:
1 year: 2.5'-3'
2 years: 3'-4'
3 years: 4'-5'
4-6+ years: 6'+

There is no difference between morphs and wild types as far as growth rates and size, but if a lot of dwarf has been mixed in, the snake may end up smaller.
>>
>herps don't need dusted insects in the wild because insects are more nutritious in the wild and they get uvb and herps eat a more varied diet in the wild
You'd think it would be possible to replicate this in captivity
>>
>>2443959
>scared of fish
>many times smaller than you are
>harmless
>confined to a small area that they cant willingly leave

Why tho?
>>
>>2455796
thanks!
Sounds good. What exactly would you consider correct feeding?
I heard that boas are prone to puking about 3-5 days after feeding when fed too much.

So a rat of appropriate size every two weeks and after the first two/three years every 3 weeks would be ok?

Or could you give me some kind of "rule of thumb for feeding boas? It seems to be a bit more complicated than with other snakes. At least that´s what a lot of people on the internet want you to think..
>>
Can't get enough of this junglow girl, that red on her sides goes all the way to her head, can't wait to watch her grow.
>>
>>2456276
Here's her future mate, a hypo jungle het khal(different high quality blood lines).
>>
File: IMG_3194.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3194.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>2441769
Just saw this dude chowing down on a spider. The spider was still pretty alive and I'm pretty sure I could see it trying to inject venom (? unsure of the correct terminology here) into the anole. He looks like an older lizard, so i'm assuming he must have some experience eating spiders or he'd be dead by now. Are they immune to the spider's venom or something? It seems strange that such a big spider could be apprehended by a lizard.
>>
>>2456276
>>2456278

Lovely pair of sneks right there!

>>2456290

Lizard is not immune to spider venom however i'm not sure what kind of spider that is and how big of a punch it can deliver venom-wise. Lizards are fairly capable of taking down large insects if they set their minds to it. Some will grab the insect and smack it against any nearby surface until it's mostly dead, others will just try to swallow it right away. Depends.
>>
File: 560.jpg (200KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
560.jpg
200KB, 500x339px
Hey guys, I usually stick to the aquarium general, but I recently acquired a 4 foot long, 1 1/2 foot tall, aquarium, and I would like to do a paludarium (half water, half land), if it's possible.

I want the fish to have quite a bit of room in the water, and preferably keep the amount of gallons they would be swimming in, to somewhere close to 30, if not more, but I would also like to have some moss covered land above the water with a small land animal.

If this is possible, can you guys give me some recommendations of what type of animal I could try? I'm open to insects as well, not just herps, but my first thought was frogs, so I thought I would go ahead and ask here.

Pic is something similar to what I have in mind, but with more room for the fish, and possibly just more rocks and moss on top, and lots of aquatic plants. Maybe a small bonzai tree.

Any input you guys have is appreciated!
>>
File: FireBellyNewt.jpg (179KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
FireBellyNewt.jpg
179KB, 500x333px
>>2456534

Easiest way to go with a setup like that is probably fire belly toads. They will use the land portions of your tank and also the shallow portions of the water part. Easy care. Active during daytime hours. Small so you can have a group of them in the tank easily.

Another option are newts. Fire belly newts are a good choice (no relation to the toads). Pic related.
>>
>>2456548
I had figured toads and newts would probably be my best options, but I thought I would ask just incase there was something I wasn't thinking of. I'm also asking in the bug general, just trying to explore my options a bit.

So I'm definitely thinking freshwater, and I live in CA, so the species has to be legal here. Would frogs or newts mess with the fish? Or vice versa?
>>
>>2456558
>Would frogs or newts mess with the fish? Or vice versa?

Fire belly toads will try to eat anything they think is small enough to fit in their mouths. Not sure on newts. Generally you want to select fish that are roughly in the same size range as the toads for this reason. Filtration is also very important with this type of setup due to the small amount of toxin the toads will release in to the water. Since you're planning a large portion of water the toxin should not be an issue for your fish.
>>
>>2456574
I think I'm starting to lean more towards the newts. I feel like they will be easier to feed, and probably cause me less problems than the frogs. I don't mind if I don't see them too often, either.

I was also looking into hissing cockroaches, as their humidity needs are pretty high. Is this something that a newt might try and eat?
>>
File: IMG_2774.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2774.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>2456275
A meal that leaves little to no bulge. Picture related is what I consider the most ideal lump for a juvenile/subadult boa, you shouldn't be able to tell an adult ate at all.

This is the schedule I use:
Birth-1 year: 10-14 days
1 year: no more than 14 days
2 years: 2-3 weeks
3+ years: 4-6 weeks (3-4 weeks should be fine for a dwarf variety)

If you don't know the age of the boa, anything smaller than a small rat gets fed every 10-14 days, small rats get fed every 3 weeks, medium rats every 3-4 weeks, and anything the size of a large rat or larger gets fed every 4-6 weeks.

Avoid jumbo rats, jumbo mice, Guinea pigs, and pinky rats/mice. They are fatty and not very nutritious.

Most BCI have strong digestive systems, but BCC are prone to regurgitating too large of meals. Some BCI may also have the same problem, but generally they don't. Overfeeding will still result in rapid growth, obesity, and death if their diet doesn't change. You can't tell a snake is overweight until they are obese, as the majority of their fat is stored internally in fatty deposits, and they don't store it anywhere else until those are full.

>>2456278
Really like this one, good luck with this pair! I have a nice jungle female and ghost male that I'm hoping I can pair this fall. I'm in the middle of a move, so it depends on if I find a place and get settled in in enough time for the female to readjust by Oct/Nov. Otherwise there's next year.
>>
>>2456615
thanks, m8

>Avoid jumbo rats, jumbo mice, Guinea pigs, and pinky rats/mice. They are fatty and not very nutritious.
yea, I know that from my other snakes

>BCC are prone to regurgitating too large of meals
Can that be completely avouded by feeding apropriatly sized rats?
Cause that´s what I do with all my snakes anyway
Also, yea, I heard that that´s a common Bcc problem. But I hoped it will never happen if you know how to properly feed a snake

Because I´m pretty sure I´m going to buy a northern brazilian Bcc

>A meal that leaves little to no bulge
That´s what I call appropriate for any snake, as you said, juvies -> slight bulge, adults no bulge

Also, beautiful snake you have there
>>
my bearded dragon is really eating much lately.

he wont poop too much either, he poops like once every 4-5 days.

he eats his superworms pretty easily, and lately ive been feeding him butterworms, and he seems to like them. he doesnt like dubia's for some reason, i can rarely get him to eat dubias, i dont know why.

he also hasnt eaten his salads for a few weeks.

any ideas? the heat in his cage is correct, he is a sub adult (13 months old) and his basking spot is 110, and hot side is 90-95 degrees, cool side is low 80s
>>
>>2457113

All of that is pretty normal for a 1 year old beardie. You can toss some supers underneath the salad greens. That often gets them to eat the greens while they're trying to dig down to the supers.
>>
>>2457159
he use to really like salad too, he would eat it every day i put it out, or atleast most of the salad.

Ive provided varied salads every single day, dark greens like collard, endive, mustard, and dandelion, mixed with other things like the good hard squashes, and i like to add parsnip for flavor and color.

but ill try what you mentioned and make him eat through the salad for his worms, thanks.
>>
File: gggg.jpg (225KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
gggg.jpg
225KB, 1080x720px
red and orange juvie female gargoyle with a huge personality
she loves to be hand fed dubia roaches and loves chasing crickets
One of my most voracious eaters that's always super alter for food every evening and ready to pounce into the food dish immediately
She'll eat out of her cage to, she doesn't care, she isn't shy at all
>>
File: zcczcxz.jpg (68KB, 460x495px) Image search: [Google]
zcczcxz.jpg
68KB, 460x495px
>>2457445
*super eager
>>
File: zxzxx.jpg (108KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
zxzxx.jpg
108KB, 650x581px
>>2457446
I want to breed her but I don't want her perfect tail to get bit
That's the sad thing about Gargoyle, they always bite each other's tails
>>
File: IMG_3251.jpg (1MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3251.jpg
1MB, 2592x1728px
>>2457053
Feeding fatty foods a common mistake people make so I figured I'd mention it, glad to know you're already aware of the danger!

Yes, feed BCC smaller meals and space meals out a little more than I recommended, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Unfortunately, the little to no bulge rule is a fairly new one to the "mainstream," and has yet to gain a lot of traction. Most breeders/keepers are feeding meals that leave gigantic bulges that are likely just a step or two down from the snake's physical capability of swallowing. And they're feeding babies meals of this size every 5-7 days, and adults weekly. The poor snakes are lucky to have 2 weeks between meals.

And thanks! She's grown about half a foot since that photo was taken (earlier this year), and is the girthiest of my 3 subadult boas. She's still eating the same sized prey, but she's very close to being upgraded.
>>
>>2455665
That sounds cool but with crested geckos and Gargoyle geckos and other Rhacodactylus it is recommended to supplement every insect feeding with calcium dust (with d3)
This is the most common practice as far as I know
>>
File: PEPE.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
PEPE.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
I want to take a frog who have the same body than P.E.P.E the frog, someone can help me ?
>>
>>2457525
kill yourself
>>
File: sitting pepe.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sitting pepe.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>2457525
>>
>>2457533
this is the only solution ?

>>how ?

>>2457538
where I can found this piece of god ?
>>
>>2457515
Due to the high calcium content of black soldier fly larva and fly form, it isn't necessary in that specufic case. I always have fresh cgd in the tank every second day. The soldier flies are just a dietary supplement and source of exercise for the geckos.
>>
>>2457525
Whites tree frogs, pacman frogs, and cane toads.
>>
>>2457543
I'm no expert, but that looks like a leopard frog to me.
Nearly everywhere in the US, but they get big and like to jump. Illegal to keep(being a wild animal) and I've seen them get 5 inches long nose to tailbone. Beautiful frogs, but it's cruel to take them from their habitat and put them in anything less than a 40 gallon breeder, which I'd stull say is too small.
>>
is a Brazilian rainbow bow a good first snake?
>>
>>2457898

No. Care is specific and has little room for error.
>>
>>2457712
Oh, okay. Cool, I should definitely order some. Sounds like a really good feeder.
I have an adult male Gargoyle gecko I got a few months who for some reason doesn't eat dubias or crickets. And a few other picky geckos who for some reason don't like insects and only Pangea. I'll have to try soldier flies
>>
>>2457961

Just a heads up on soldier fly use; they can be gutloaded and will eat a variety of plant matter, greens, carrots, etc. You can store them in a small plastic container with a lid and wait for them to hatch out to keep better track of how many are being offered to your gecko. You can also breed them yourself to cut costs, check goggles for tutorial on how to go about it (it's easy).
>>
File: IMG_20170816_221815594.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_221815594.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
This is my Kenyan Sand Boa. I am so sick of this stupid snake.
Every week, I feed it a nice juicy pinkie mouse. Everyday, I check to make sure it has water. And every time I go to reach for it when it's out an about, it hurrys to the other side of the tank and dives into the sand.
Okay, maybe it's just scared of climbing on non-sand things. It's a sand boa afterall.
WRONG, IT HATES ME
I came home to pic related, my sand boa climbing super comfortably along the tank wall trying to escape. Let me repeat that: THIS UNAPPRECIATIVE MOTHERFUCKING INGRATE SNAKE IS TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT OF THE PERFECT TANK ENCLOSURE I MADE FOR IT. I am losing my mind. My head feels light and I can't stop pacing and sweating. I don't know what to do! I WANT TO KILL THIS FUCKING THING BUT FIRST I WANT IT TO LOVE ME
>>
>>2458066
is this a copypasta?
>>
>>2458066

Holy shit, anon. It's a reptile. They do that. Calm down.
>>
Is an undertank heater enough for most temperate snakes? I have a corn snake and his only heat source right now is an UTH set to 85 (probe over top of glass where it sits and is regulated to maintain temp).

I live in SoCal, temperature in the house is usually around 75.

Going to get a Hognose next, was thinking of running the same set-up, just an UTH.

I monitor temperatures with a laser thermometer for the surfaces. My main thermometer is outside the tank, so the probe reads 85 and right now the air temperature outside of the terrarium is 76.

Do I need an additional thermometer in the tank? I had one of those stick on ones but the snake would climb on it and got stuck one day so I ditched it.

Anyway, the main Q is: is UHT enough for these snakes? Both will be in 20g tanks (the corn is young and not ready to move up in size for another year or so)
>>
>>2458104
yes, a uth is sufficient if room temp is mid 70's. No need for extra thermometers in the tanks. Just use your ir reader to check once in a while.
>>
>>2441903
how do you avoid getting bitten? what makes venomous snakes enjoyable pets?
>>
>>2458066
All snakes do that. My ball python pushed a hole in the screen top frame somehow but she didn't escape, just made a whole for fun I guess
>>
File: T13 Large Web view (1).jpg (31KB, 540x318px) Image search: [Google]
T13 Large Web view (1).jpg
31KB, 540x318px
My AP T12 I ordered on May 1st arrived today!
>>
>>2458832
>ordered may 1st
>arrived today

Nice turnover Animal Plastics. Jesus.

whatcha gonna put in the tank, anon?
>>
>>2458859
I actually emailed them a week before it shipped, they said back orders and quality control set back a lot of orders.
A beardie hope they like it
>>
>>2458861
Forgot to add, I'm also going to use slate tile as a substrate, should I seal it?
>>
>>2458868
No need to seal. Just give it a wash and let dry before installing in tank.
>>
>>2458066
my sand boa is exactly the same

I hope to god you didn't get a sand boa expecting it to love you or even want to be around you. They bury themselves, they come out to climb once in a while, they go back under the substrate. It's what they do

Get used to it or get something else
>>
File: DSC02816.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02816.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
I just built my bearded dragon a new tank, went from a 20g to like an 80-90g tank. I put all of the rocks and wood in my old tank, but it's still pretty barren, what types of things should I add to my tank? I've heard people like those reptile hammocks, are they worth it?
>>
>>2459275
Yes, beardies love those hammocks. You can make your own out of canvas or non-slip cupboard liner and suction cups. Mount it under the basking bulb.

Also artificial plants fill out a tank nicely and give beardie things to roam around/under/climb.
>>
>>2459285
thanks
>>
NEW THREAD ALSO CHECK THE NUMBERS

>>2459333

>>2459333

>>2459333

>>2459333
>>
>>2441769
I owned a few and that is true.
Some birds do the same things, the pitohui uses the exact same kind of toxin derive from their diet, and secret it all over their feathers.
>>
>>2451582

Black people are the worst when it comes to herps

so many horror storys
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.