[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ Recently my dog was in her estrus cycle, which seemed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /an/
Recently my dog was in her estrus cycle, which seemed prolonged. Now her vulva is still swollen and is now producing a yellow-brown foul smelling odor. I brought her to the pet emergency room the same day, and according to them the X-Ray and ultrasound "didn't show anything obvious". Other than that though it's definitely a bacterial infection, confirmed by microscope they found WBCs and bacteria, as well as RBCs in her drainage. The swab cultures won't be ready for a few days. My concern is that she has Pyometra, but they weren't able to firmly diagnose her with this and so they sent us home with oral antibiotics. Should I get a second opinion? It was to my understanding the best treatment is to get them spayed, however the doctor I spoke to said it would be better to get the infection under control with some antibiotics before a surgery. So far other than the discharge she is pretty asymptomatic. Her behavior is the same, no signs of pain and her abdomen isn't distended. I'm concerned because its my understanding that pyometra can get really bad quick.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What should I do?
>>
>>2441406
If you are ever in doubt always get a second opinion. If you're right and it is Pyometra, it can turn deadly very quickly. The more swollen it gets, the harder it will be to deal with.
>>
>>2441413
I suppose I should, we went to the vet last night. Her vulva seems less swollen, so hopefully the antibiotics are working. I'll get a surgical marker and circle around the inflammation to see if it spreads or decreases. Its just that I have spent a lot of money in the pet ER yesterday. Also she still puts out scant drainage, so its definitely not closed Pyometra. Her temperature is normal too, no abdominal distention.

I work in nursing, so I'm treating her like a patient as my boss gave me the day off to take care of her. I just hope taking things into my own hands will be okay for her.
>>
Dumbass
Should've spayed the dog while you had the chance.
Now she's going to die.
>>
>>2441406
>dog not spayed
>asking 4chan instead of a vet
It's like you want your dog to die a horrible death
>>
>>2441528
I had gone to the vet,
asking if I should get a second opinion.
I'm going to another vet in an hour.
My wife wanted the possibility of having puppies, so she wasn't spayed yet. But I'm going to see if they can just get her in today for that.
>>
Alright, just got back from the vet. It's likely not pyometra. Her drainage isn't purlent discharge anymore so the antibiotics are working. Going to put her in for a hysterectomy when her estrus cycle is over.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.