[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat begs to go outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170705_161211.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_161211.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
I don't know what to do. My 4 year old cat has always been so energetic, and has always been an indoor cat. I've lived in 3 different apartments since I've had him, on two of them he was able to go "outside" because we had a small fenced backyard. The problem is that on the one we're renting now he's able to escape and roam on the roof. I have no idea what's there because it has bars, but I'm sure it's not safe in case he falls or something. I live in the middle of the city and he has no experience being outdoors.
But he's unbearable, he keeps crying for hours, scratches the windows to be let out. He has scratching posts, toys, etc. I think he just likes to explore. I did let him out for a few hours the other day but I got so damn worried I couldn't stand it. I don't know what to do to make him stop. We have another cat who doesn't even care. I don't understand why he has so much energy.
Pic related, it's my cat.
>>
>annoying
>stinky
>ugly
>dirty
>diseased
>untrainable

cats were a mistake
>>
>>2441266
>he's able to escape and roam on the roof.
You are being outsmarted by a cat, and should probably address this.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (53KB, 464x626px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
53KB, 464x626px
>>2441275
He can just climb and get through those bars...
>>
>>2441307
You can put wire mesh over the bars....
>>
>>2441309
I tried and he destroyed it. It was a cheap one though.
I'll probably have to buy another one but I'm poor af and live in a 3rd world country where everything is fucking expensive. But yeah looks like that's the only solution then.
So these type of cats never calm down? Not even when they get older? It's my first cat and I feel like the rest of the cats I know are much calmer.
>>
>>2441311
Or you can use a leash in that particular area
>>
Just let him out. He's probably not a retard cat and knows where his living area is. Maybe supervise him for the first times he goes out, I'm pretty sure he won't just straight run away from you. Have some faith in your cat that's familiar with you for 4 years now, come on man. Mammals are smart animals. Also, cats are very guarded when they explore out of their known territory (they don't need that much and they are autistic about getting out of their comfort zone even by a few meters, it's weird) so just do it dude. Unless you have no garden and you live by a busy part of town and he can just get flattened at any time..
>>
>>2441342
Ah well, living in the middle of the city does suck for cat owners. Just like >>2441319 said you can try a leash.
Or you can still supervise his ass when he goes out.
>>
>>2441266
>buy leash
>walk cat
>>
>>2441311
If you're so fucking poor why on earth did you take on the expense of a pet?
>>
There's a link in the cat general for harness training
>>
That is a CUTE ginger kitten. There used to be a cute ginger that ran around in my neighborhood, until one day he came up to my bedroom window and tried to sleep with me and my kitten who was meowing because of territorial reasons. I fed the ginger fish another time. NICE picture.=)
>>
>>2441541
Fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_20140825_101529.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140825_101529.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Cute cat OP

>>2441311
I lived in brazil for a while so i know the 3rd world country feel. Shit's expensive but you can get a proper one that your cat won't chew through. I lived in an apartment and put it on my windows and balconies.
>>
>>2441803
I live in Uruguay so very close, you get the idea. Cute cat btw! Lovely color.

Thanks everyone, I will just purchase the damn wire. Everything is fucking expensive here and the quality sucks but it's my cat and I don't want it to end like every other cat in the neighborhood (dead.)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.