[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should they be banned for public safety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: Data.jpg (20KB, 526x339px) Image search: [Google]
Data.jpg
20KB, 526x339px
What do you think /an/ ?
>>
>>2441206
Bees kill over 4 times that many people in the US every year. We should ban them. You know, for public safety.

>http://www.govexec.com/management/2015/08/bees-are-deadliest-non-human-animals-america-cdc/119328/
>>
File: Gra.jpg (49KB, 601x359px) Image search: [Google]
Gra.jpg
49KB, 601x359px
"Researchers at the University of Manitoba studied Winnipeg’s pitbull ban and found that hospitalizations for dog bites went down overall in Manitoba after the ban."
Leland Gordon, chief operating officer at Winnipeg Animal Services, said he believes the ban is working and should stay in place.

“Why would we want to take that risk?” he says. “There’s lots of other dogs that would make great pets,” he added.
>>
File: 1494208612916.jpg (49KB, 662x625px) Image search: [Google]
1494208612916.jpg
49KB, 662x625px
You should only allow it for experiences dig owners and make it illegal for niggers and dumb ghetto gangstas
>>
File: bee fatalities.jpg (25KB, 569x398px) Image search: [Google]
bee fatalities.jpg
25KB, 569x398px
>>2441208
>>
>>2441210
Experienced dog
>>
>>2441207
Yeah but people don't willingly let bees cuddle with their children, you fucking moron
>>
File: australia's deadliest animals.png (11KB, 1002x422px) Image search: [Google]
australia's deadliest animals.png
11KB, 1002x422px
>>2441214
People let their kids cuddle with dogs?
that's just Darwin at work.

Bees are much more terrifying, nobody cuddles with them and they kill you 4 times more often than pit bulls anyways.
>>
They should ban niggers and woman from owning them instead of outright banning them entirely.
>>
>>2441206
Am I drunk or does that add up to way over 100%?
>>
>>2441211
so pitbulls are in fact more dangerous than bees
>>
The history of the American pit bull terrier dates to the 19th century, when dog fanciers in England, Ireland, and Scotland crossbred bulldogs and terriers to develop a dog that combined "the gameness of the terrier with the strength and athleticism of the bulldog," according to the United Kennel Club, the first group to recognize the dog as a breed, in 1898.

Immigrants later brought the dog to the United States, and its powerful physical qualities made it popular for dog fighting.

Yeah its mostly gangsta wannabes idiots who own them
>>
>>2441223
That's only at work. How many people have been killed by pit bulls at work during that time frame?
>>
No. The process would just keep repeating itself.

They need to fix the actual problem and more which is puppy mills and rampant, unregulated breeding. It would benefit dogs so much if they actually gave a shit.
>>
>>2441231
>They need to fix the actual problem and more which is puppy mills and rampant, unregulated breeding. It would benefit dogs so much if they actually gave a shit.
So much this
Add to it strict breeder registration and licenses where they are held accountable, followed by harsher fines and penalties for unregistered pits and it will help weed out the undesirable elements carelessly breeding these dogs.
Another measure would be to crack down on the barbaric "sport" of dog fighting that also fuels the whole pitbull problem.
>>
Honestly would be fine with all pit bulls and mixes being banned + put down
>>
Lightning kills about that many people a year.

Let's ban lightning!

Fuckig dumb libtards and their obsession with nanny states.
>>
>>2441300
I would think most rational people would be in favor of regulation instead of an outright ban.
Just because this board is full of edgy, kill em all faggots, it's not an accurate representation of society by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
File: breedstandardsjpeg.jpg (67KB, 594x768px) Image search: [Google]
breedstandardsjpeg.jpg
67KB, 594x768px
>>2441206
No, there is a reason why PETA highly supports and backs the breed bans so viciously. First off it's a nice Jewish plot to line pockets. Adding a breed ban follows an increase in taxes to deal with this new task and a ton of fees (and usually required registrations). But the government is getting that money, and the government is not going out there catching the dogs, housing them and killing them. The places that actually have to deal with the breed ban, the non profit organizations like ASPCA's, are shelling money to house and euthanize the dogs. They don't get any cash grants for pit bull bans, they have to do it out of donations like always. To make matters worse, breed bans STILL affect their live release rate, which make them less eligible for cash grants in the future and could hurt their reputation with the public, both of these severely hurt their revenue. It's well known that pit bull isn't a breed, so it can include many breeds. But PETA send their lawyers in to make it as obscure as possible. The goal is to ban as many dogs as possible, and PETA is actually doing a damn good job of it.
https://www.peta.org/blog/peta-position-pit-bulls/
It sounds tame, because it has to be, but PETA was playing a big part in the old Ontario Pit Bull ban which would euthanize pit bulls and was not going to grandfather the law in. It was dismissed because the breed selection was too large and almost pertained to every dog breed, and they had other strict laws for dogs in general. But PETA generally gets what they want. Pic related is the most widely used check list in America to determine if a dog is a pit bull. However this check list would also include Labradors and standard poodles. While we probably won't be rounding up poodles for the gas chambers, you can bet we'd be putting in RR, vizslas, boxers, pointers, pinchers, danes, you get the idea. If you can't fight it in court, it gets killed, and that's pretty much a PETA wet dream.
>>
Pitbulls are not human aggressive...
A real pitbull is DOG aggressive
>>
You should have to study and take a test to get a dog breeding license, and anyone found to be breeding without a license or buying from an unlicensed breeder will face 5 years jail time
>>
>>2441332
>jail fixes everything!
Fucking mericans
>>
>>2441333
id prefer the death penalty for unlicensed breeders but I imagine thatd be more difficult to get through congress
>>
>>2441207
False equivalency dumb shit
>>
>>2441335
Maybe. That is actually more reasonable. They just need to look at the reason why they're doing this and address it.

Did they do it on purpose because they're poor and will take any money they can get ($100*8 for a breed of pitbull mutts?) Address the poorness. That is a complex issue, but if you give them reasonable means to do so and they still breed them, execute

Did they do it because they are just uneducated and put no forethought into what they were doing? (Retarded?) Educate, if they still do this, execute. Retarded? Ban them from owning any pets, if they try to own any pets after, execute.

Did they do it accidentally because they're ridiculously irresponsible dog owners and they lost control of their dog and let it run off to breed with a random dog? Ban them from owning pets, if they illegally obtain pets, execute
>>
>>2441284
At least dog fighting is illegal to begin with here. I've always lived next to ghettos, some of the most dangerous cities in the country and I can't say I've ever even seen a dog that was used for fighting so I'm honestly not sure how common it is.

Just anyone is allowed to breed anything. Dog licenses are a joke. Here it's apparently illegal to re-home kittens without shots(according to my local Craigslist), if that's true I assume the same for puppies. My bosses ex wife went in and out of a puppy store three times in a day, exchanging puppies for whatever reason. From a ''maltipoo", to a wheaten terrier and then a german shepherd. Unsurprisingly, that dog grew up into a violent neurotic mess.

It's disgusting. I'd be thrilled to have an outright ban on backyard and puppy mill breeding. It would help so much. Not just dangerous dogs but dogs in general. There is always adorable puppies up for adoption every where but no, owners feel the need to have their own poorly bred purebreds or mutts with no history have litters.

I wish companies sponsored more too. My old job sponsored the local shelter and even the old dogs we would put pictures up or let hang out with us at the store were adopted very fast. I don't see much of that anywhere else besides sometimes tattoo joints also team up with shelters.
I bet even a 3 second clip on he local news channel would have people flooding in but it's sad that it's come to the point where millions of dogs a year are put down are just shrugged off because it's so common.
>>
>https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/us/unattended-dogs-in-dallas.html?mcubz=0
>http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27140777
>http://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/abs/10.2460/javma.232.4.542?journalCode=javma

There has been a lot of data that shows poor areas are at a higher risk of dog attacks, but when I did a bit of my own research, I found that most of these poor areas were poor black areas. Poor white areas had less dog attacks than poor black ones per capita regardless of breed. So for instance, a lab owned by a black person is more likely to bite than a lab owned by a white person of the same income bracket. There's a few reasons that may happen, but I don't really feel like getting into it. Obviously as income increases, dog bites decrease for all breeds, but there is little data of black 'areas' past lower middle class, at least in my area. I don't really care to speculate why that may be, maybe for another post. Obviously I don't think it's at all talked about due to the sensitive subject of race.
>>
>>2441344
Honestly a lot of that has to actually deal with animal shelters. Shelters are scared shitless of adopting a dog, especially one viewed as scary, to the public. If that dog bites, their shelter is going to be all over the news for adopting a dog out that bit a person, no matter the circumstance. That results in much fewer adoptions and poor public view which leads to fewer donations. They make it very hard to adopt out certain dogs because of this, because they think someone who will jump through all these hoops will be a more responsible pet owner. But in reality, the biggest scumbags will lie and get the dog anyway. Proper education and a huge shift in how society views pets would be needed to actually decrease most of our pet issues. Sweeden managed it by having a very politically neutral animal party that became pretty strong, which seemed to work. For the US, that would mean we would need an animal party that isn't conservative or liberal, and honest to god only has the well being of animals and their owners in mind. It would have to be somewhere between HSUS and PETA, where they actually care about the animals and their owners but not to the crazy extent that PETA cares about animals.
>>
>>2441383
I live in Dallas. That area has been like that for decades. It's really bad, really poor, and really black.

There are a few rescues around DFW who specialize in scooping up these dogs and adopting them out (almost adopted one but I really don't need three dogs). But there's just only so much they can do.
>>
I think there should be more restrictions on owning and breeding a dog in general

Stricter punishment for unleashed, uncontained dogs. I see way too many shits left in the front yard
>>
All dogs should be banned because I don't like them.
>>
>>2441455
>toxoplasmosis victim
>>
>>2441455
You'd like my dog
>>
>>2441460
>smells like shit and wet animal
haha memes
>>
>>2441465
>smells like piss and rots your brain and harms your vision
Literally meme, the animal
>>
>>2441455
Why don't you like dogs
>>
>>2441482
epic memery my friend. cat owners definitely make a habit of ingesting cat shit and eating undercooked poorly sourced pork. i agree.
>>2441487
they smell bad, are messy, loud (i am assburger and can't handle loud noises), and really really dumb.
>>
>>2441455
how could you hate those angels
>>
>>2441496
Smell is fixed by actually bathing your dog, messy is breed specific, barking is breed and training specific.

They're also not very dumb.
>>
File: IMG_0816.jpg (27KB, 380x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0816.jpg
27KB, 380x288px
>>2441496
>medical conditions are memes now
>>
>>2441504
Do you think most people in the developed world have compromised immune systems and actually suffer from acute toxoplasmosis?
>>
>>2441496
>they smell bad, are messy, loud (i am assburger and can't handle loud noises), and really really dumb.
>i was raised in a nigger neighbourhood: the post
>>
>>2441502
well i've not owned a dog so i don't know how a proper one acts but all of the dogs i've encountered have been most or all of the things i listed.
>>
>>2441512
I'm white.
>>
The nimkk
>>
>>2441222
That's cause the math was done by a pit bull.
>>
probably not banned but tightly regulated and maybe used in similar manners to police dogs. Everyone saying no is just using garbage anecdotal evidence and muh feelings arguments.

The bottom line is that no matter how you try and fudge the statistics pit bulls are always on top for human attacks/deaths. Even though in the whole scope of life dog attacks are relatively rare there is a problem when the most aggressive breed is allowed unrestricted into clueless owners houses.

Maybe to make it seem unbiased just compile a list of the top 5 or so most aggressive breeds and require a license obtained from taking a special training course to be able to own those dogs, kind of like a gun
>>
>>2441510
my dog never smelled or misbehaved, but we bathed her and she had depression because she was abused and laid next to her brother at the vet when they put him down before we got her, so she only ever got up when we made her go for walks
>>
>>2441206
usually i hate the government stepping in and banning shit. i generally think people should be able to do whatever they want, but pitbulls are the one exception i make. ban this retarded breed and genocide them out of existence, with pitbull apologists right after.
>>
>>2441578
Why don't you disprove other's argument instead of simply waving them off, since many ITT didn't even use an appeal to emotion.
>>
>>2441217
> bees hornets and wasps
Split the category retard
>>
>>2441871
Do you think he made that graph?
>>
>>2441344
I live in a sort of ghetto and some white trash fools used to dog fight a couple streets over from me. It took me a while to realize what was happening but one night I heard dogs fighting, then a whimper, then silence. Called the cops, I hope some people did jail time but I never found out beyond them not living there anymore. Wish I had realized earlier, I definitely heard barking and growling for a while before that but for some reason never put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>2441206
Those percentages don't add up.

71 + 10 + (6 * 7) + 3 = 126%
>>
>>2441797
because there are 2 shit bull hate threads up right now and I already posted sources in the other.
>>
>>2441206
>126%
>>
>>2442862
It's common core
>>
Who would enforce the ban...?
>>
>>2441217
Dogs are a product of selective breeding, dumbass, bees are not. Bees are useful. You can't fucking ban bees, dipshit.
>>
>>2443016
the entire reason africanized bees exist is because of human selective breeding
>>
File: 24678687567.jpg (204KB, 952x535px) Image search: [Google]
24678687567.jpg
204KB, 952x535px
>>2441455
>>
>>2442878
So it's easier to make two posts that don't help your reasoning and explain why you won't post a source instead of copy/pasting, at the most adding a (dotcom).
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.