[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picking up a male Boerboel puppy for $2,500 tomorrow morning.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Boerboel.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Boerboel.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Picking up a male Boerboel puppy for $2,500 tomorrow morning. By far the largest dog I'll have ever owned, since my last dog was a 95lb gsd.

I'm excited.
>>
>>2440920
>paying $2500 for a dog

A sucker is born every minute, all right.
>>
>>2440920
Where does this breed come from what is special about them that warrants that price? More importantly why didn't you get a good boy or girl from the shelter?
>>
>bought a giant fighting dog for two and a half thousand dollars
>>
>>2440936
>getting either a genetic inbred monstrosity that will die in 4 years or an abused pound mutt that will rip your dick off for getting up to piss at 2 in the morning
>just drive a 3k beat to shit civic
>just get a hipoint they're cheap
All you faggots are exactly the same.
>>
>>2440950
>why didn't you get a good boy or girl from the shelter?
Not him but I'll never get a shelter dog. One, I want the dog as a puppy, and 2, I don't want some damaged property. I'd sooner get a backyard cane corso pit mix for $200 than a shelter dog.
>>
They're big boys
>>
>>2440990
>getting either a genetic inbred monstrosity that will die in 4 years
>Boerboel puppy
>>
>>2440991
they have puppies at the shelter. puppies born at the shelter even
>>
>>2440991
You keep throwing out values of money like it's going to impress someone... nobody cares whether you spend 200 or 2500 on a dog because that is your prerogative and we will laugh at you all the same..

But your attitude towards dog ownership and the cost of a dog seems like you see them as more of a material status symbol and not a best friend
>>
>>2441016
Shelter dogs are always fucked up...
>>
>>2440920
So are you getting it as a guard dog or what?
>>
>>2441045>>2441045
thats what I tought after reading, he is very excited for buying it.
>>
>>2441059
So will your dog. You are an uneducated idiot.
>>
>>2440990
kek
>got an 8 week old puppy from pound
>that was 14 years ago
>love her to death
Enjoy your expensive inbreed.
>>
>>2440990
Border collies are what ? $800? and use more land and are way more affectionate than nigger lips McGee over there.
>>
File: 1346791604683.jpg (111KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1346791604683.jpg
111KB, 600x450px
>>2440991

You should probably just kill yourself. You are worthless subhuman scum.
>>
>>2441257
>doesn't want a shelter dog
>worthless
>>
Only a burger would be stupid enough to pay $2500 for some special snowflake mastiff that won't live past 6 years.
>>
>>2441396
Only a broke ass third world shitskin would complain about how a burger uses thier disposable income
>>
>>2441396
They live to 10 anon.
>>
>>2440936
>>2440950
>>2440952
>>2441016
>>2441045
>>2441237
>>2441253
>>2441257
>>2441396
>all these salty poorfags
If you can afford to feed a 200lb dog, you can afford to get one from a reputable breeder.
>>
>>2441472
I can afford both. I just think it's retarded to get a dog as your status symbol.

Go get a German sports car like a normal person.
>>
>>2441472
As long as people like you exist I will be happy that someone rounds up dogs from off the street and gasses them. There are too many dogs already without paying people to make more.
>>
>>2441474
Or maybe I wanted a dog with a pedagree I could potentially stud in the future, as well as see the lineage and see if there is any history of cancer, hip displasia, eye problems, etc.

Don't over think this. Some people want to buy a dog they can be mostly assured isn't going to have major issues down the road.
>but my pound mutt lived to 14!
Yes, but so can a pug, but that doesn't mean there won't be major problems throughout its lifespan.
>but the price!
It's a relatively rare dog breed that has a low amount of output volume and a small amount of good, reputable breeders that also have to find dogs not in the family throughout generations to keep from inbreeding. They can charge what they want.
>>
>>2441480
So you wanted to get a good dog so you can become the byb to get your money back
>>
>>2441480
No. You are buying it as a status symbol. Stop lying to yourself.

Also stop lying to yourself. The dog is going to die at 6. But you probably don't care since you can flash it around for a few years and look rich.
>>
>>2440920
Why are people such fucking idiots?
>>
>>2441494
It's not a Tibetan mastiff, chill out. This is like saying having a Rottweiler is a status symbol, I bought it for good genes, and now I'm having second thoughts.
>>
>>2440920
Paid 1000 euros for my newfie,
Sure you're not being ripped OP
>>
>>2441523
Why that breed anyway? Are you a dog hipster?
>>
>>2441527
Big scary guard dog, and live in too hot a climate for other breeds.
>>
>>2441472
I built my pc for 1k
I've spent thousands of dollars on glass pipes

But it's still a good idea to get a shelter dog for less than $50 that I love more than all my material shit. Money isn't even real you dumb jew
>>
>>2441612
>I built my pc for 1k
Is... Is that supposed to be impressive? That's sort of on the inexpensive side bro.
>>
>>2441627
Supposed to be impressive? It's like you missed the point entirely..money has no real value VS material shit and buying a dog for a material price as opposed to getting one that would otherwise live a shitty ass life speaks volumes about your character

That is all
>>
>>2441631
So getting a pure bred instead of a shelter dog is supposed to make me a bad person. Spending cash on a dog for good genetics and good breeding so it can live a happy, healthy life with me and my family makes me a bad person.

What makes you a bad person is automatically assuming shit when you don't know the full story. I volunteer for non-profit charities for homeless and troubled youth 20hrs/week, and have worked for Health and Human Services for 2 years. I don't say this to brag, I say this because you're making blind assumptions when you don't know what you're talking about.

The dog I get is going to have a good, happy life. There's millions upon millions of shelter dogs and you expect me to drop everything and go get a questionable pound dog instead of a dog from a good breeder simply because of "muh feewings". Vet bills exist, and I like knowing there's a better chance I won't be surprised with cancer, displasia, eye problems, kidney problems, or any major health issues that aren't screened for at a pound. $2,500, while I agree is on the high end (for a dog) is not an issue. I wanted a rarer breed, I wanted a big dog, I wanted a great breeder and good bloodline, and I paid for it. I paid $500 for a Golden Retriever when I was 15, and I did so because it was OFA certified, and had much less chance of long-term problems that would otherwise make the dog suffer. I don't want to see what will be my best friend for the next 10 years hurting or in pain simply because I wanted to feel good about myself and get it from the pound. $2,500 for a decade long best friend seems like a great deal to me.

Get real dude, your head is shoved so far up your ass you don't even realize the irony. I didn't buy the dog to show it off at the dog park. I bought it because it will be a good protector and best friend for years to come, and I don't want that best friend getting cancer or having major hip issues at 4 years old.
>>
>>2441642
Butthurt autism
Nobody is going to read all that shit
>>
Why does /an/ constantly oscillate between loving pure breeds and hating them insisting people only get mutts from the pound I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>>2441690
I think it's more the OP.

>look at my $2500 puppy guys, it costed $2500. You are all so poor and cannot afford such good genetics
>>
>>2441690
What possible benefits come from a pure breed? Aside from getting the best optimal traits/characteristics from each individual breed you almost always are guaranteed to run into major health issues big or small size pupper. Why subject yourself and the animal to this fate?
>>
>>2441692
This. OP didn't even have a question for this thread, just showing off basically.
Also, consider the fact /an/ is not a hivemind, and there's different people with different opinions.

>>2441695
Because "hybrid vigor" is overrated. Mutts are perfectly capable of having numerous severe health issues and at least with a purebred, you know what common issues to watch for.
>>
>>2441695
Mutts and mongrels aren't always necessarily healthier and tend to be all over the place behaviorly. You never quite know what you're getting.
>>
>>2441695
You can go with a breeder that health tests, and go with a breed that isn't probe to major untestable issues.
>>
File: 1269953665829.gif (446KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
1269953665829.gif
446KB, 180x135px
>mfw this thread is still alive
>mfw autismo OP is butthurt about his shitty life choices
>>
>>2441699
Most of /an/ is people bragging about or showing off animals/animal pictures. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>2441642
>$2,500 for a decade long best friend seems like a great deal to me.

>decade long
>6 year lifespan
>>
>>2441719
>6 year lifespan
>https://www.google.com/search?q=boerboel+lifespan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>boerboel lifespan
>10-12 years

>I know! I'll make up facts and try to argue using them! It works well so well for CNN!
>>
>>2441707
Someone's salty. You disappointed this thread turned into purebred vs mutt debate instead of just praising you and your dog?
>>
>>2441494
>you're buying it for the reason that *I* said you are!
>your reasoning doesn't fit my narrative so you're lying!
Jesus fucking Christ you man child, neck yourself. Did it ever occur to you that some people put more thought into getting a dog besides "I like breed X".
>>
>>2440952
>fighting dog

Never heard about boerboels being fighting dogs just guard dogs.
>>
Skimmed the thread.

OP, assuming you bought the puppy from a good breeder, I think you made a great choice. I have a $2,000 puppy reserved to go home in November.

Shelter dogs can be wonderful. Mutts are generally longer-lived. It's a great service you can provide for an animal and your community.

However, shelter dogs are usually from backyard breeders, puppy mills, or are the product of strays. Their health and temperaments are far less certain. If you plan to use your dog for anything beyond a companion (sports, medical assistance, search and rescue, protection, etc.), buying a puppy from a proven line is the only way to go to avoid wasting your time and money. Even then, it's not a guarantee all the pups will be working-quality, but the odds are much, much higher.

There are also, of course, multiple health checks from hips to heart to eyes to guarantee only healthy dogs are bred to prevent heartbreak, outrageous vet bills, and a waste of buyers' time (put a lot of time and energy into training a dog to perform a task and then it dies premature). BYBs and puppy mills rarely do this. In most cases, there's also money going toward high-quality food for the mother while pregnant and lactating.

OP, you want a dog to protect you? Most dogs have had this bred out of them to be better pets (less confident bites, less assertiveness, more friendly). It's good breeders that preserve original breed traits, like protectiveness in a Boerboel.

The only thing I recommend against is studding your dog out without consultation with the breeder you bought from. You will need to be just as thorough about health and temperament as your breeder presumably was. Also, most reputable breeders don't want your dog's jizz unless he's an accomplished athlete or some shit. He needs titles and certificates. Sperm cells are less biologically valuable, so the bar is higher for what male dogs get bred. People are less demanding of female dogs to be successful athletes and the like.
>>
OP, you still there?
>>
>>2441631
Why have you adopted a child yet? Theres some kid living a shitty life and its your responsibility to change that.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.