[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOS - Help Good Boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0145.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
Storytime
> Have a good dog. A wonderful good boy.
> Build him a house in the backyard. Love him.
> Have a uncle is a drunk bastard that doesn't care.
> Have two cousins are generally good kids but unresponsible.
> Still, family, but whatever, remember this.
> Leave to the South of Brazil for a couple of years.
> Leave the care of said dog to cousins and a uncle. (Huge mistake)
> Work well. Gain some money. Life is good.
> Come home. All good. Except.
> Where dog?
> Check out dog.
> His living in the toolshed. Why?
> Where's the house?
> A typical tropical storm destroyed the house.
> See picture. The fuck's happened?
> Ask uncle and kids.
> They stopped giving him baths altogether.
> They stopped taking care of his health.
> They only throw the remains of the food and anything they don't want to eat in a bucket and give him to eat.
> Had the biggest rage fit in my life.
> Almost took them to the police for that. I love that dog.
> Still... Family...
> Only family you have. And sadly, you care abou them. Don't want to see stupid uncle locked in jail neither have to take care of two brats...

What to do? I want to bring him back to health, but i'm afraid if i take him to the vet, they will report my uncle for animal abuse. If he gets locked in jail, i will be the one to take care of the kids and i just ... can't... Even if he gets a fine, he won't be able to pay it and i'll end up paying for it or he'll end up locked anyway for not being able to pay it.
I just want to have my good boy back.
Help me, guys.

> Pic related. It's the good boy.
>>
File: IMG_0146.jpg (1004KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
1004KB, 1936x1936px
He have this lumps of meat around him and lost most of his fur. He seems weak but still able to walk, but doesn't run around anymore. And doesn't play either, even though he was never the playfull type.
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
His hair loss if more noticeable in his back. It was where i first noticed it.
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
This is where he was sleeping the whole time i was in Rio. At least since his little house was destroyed during the storm nobody seems to recall when it happened...
>>
Take him into the vet and tell them you found the dog on the side of the road.

Make sure you get your story ready before going in so that you can stick to it without faultering.
Let the vets care for him and you either pay for it and adopt the dog, or leave him there so that he has a chance to go to a better home.
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (823KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
823KB, 1936x1936px
This is him, sleeping. After the day i've arrived and finally checked on him...
>>
File: IMG_0144.jpg (874KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0144.jpg
874KB, 1936x1936px
And this is him coming towards me. This was my homecoming...
>>
>>2440703
>but i'm afraid if i take him to the vet, they will report my uncle for animal abuse.

Is this a reasonable concern to have? Are there strict laws against treating animals badly?
I just don't understand how this could happen. Why would they report him? How would they even know who to report?
You just go in, pay them a fortune for their services, and get your boy helped. Then you both live happily ever after.
And get your fucking family in check. That's monster's work, how could they treat him so badly is beyond me.

If you can afford paying a fortune to the vet, go to the vet now.
If not, then I'm sorry anon. It's partially your fault and you have to help the boy.
>>
>>2440711
That could work, but i'm also very afraid they ask to many questions... I'm not a good liar. But that's a plan i supposed...

I can't think straight right now, so i'll consider it. Okay? Thank you for replying, though. You're being a bro right now...
>>
>>2440703
First thing first, give him a bath OP. He's probably not sick at all, just filthy and and losing fur because of poor diet. The only reasons why dogs shouldn't eat human food is because A: they won't get any thiamine from cooked food, and B: they will have a ton of allergic reactions to many of the ingredients. That's probably were the goopy eyes is coming from.

Get him clean, feed him a nutritious dog food of good quality that has lots of meat and low plant content, and he'll probably bounce right back.

You most likely won't even need to take him to the vet afterwards.
>>
>>2440716

> Is this a reasonable concern to have? Are there strict laws against treating animals badly?

I don't know much of the law to know. But i've heard stories of people being fined and even jailed for animal abuse. And i'm afraid of joining them if i go to a vet...

> And get your fucking family in check. That's monster's work, how could they treat him so badly is beyond me.

By not caring, bro. They didn't beated him or made him feel pain. They... just stopped giving him baths and just went to the backyard to feed him. I... hate them too for that... But y'know... Family...

> If you can afford paying a fortune to the vet, go to the vet now.

It's a plan. I'll check my things to see how i do it.

> If not, then I'm sorry anon. It's partially your fault and you have to help the boy.

I know... But it would have costed way much more to bring him with me to Rio. Money i didn't had at the time. But yeah... I can't blame my family more than i can blame myself.
>>
>>2440721

I've started doing that. But i've didn't noticed many changes. Perhaps it will take more time to have any effect. But that's good thinking, anon. I'm still shocked all this is going on.
Life is turning into a rollercoaster.
>>
>>2440716
You use this against your uncle to extort money from him for vet bills. Win win. Scare him into thinking he will be arrested or fined for animal cruelty and you have photographic evidence, then say you won't do this if he gives you money to cover the vet bills.

Tell him every single dime should come from him, else you report him

Get dog fixed, then go ahead and report uncle for animal cruelty anyway. He can't keep his promise to you, why should you to him?
>>
>>2440722
>stories of people being fined and even jailed for animal abuse
Those people probably deserved worse than jail time because of things they've done. I'm sure it wasn't just shitty ownership, as it is in your case.

Don't let this stop you from going to the vet if you need to. Nobody will (or could) report anyone.
>>
>>2440721
> just filthy and and losing fur because of poor diet

Looks like ectoparasites to me. Needs to be treated.
>>
>>2440729
Because i'm living in his house. Along side his son and daughter. He is divorced under ... complicated terms. And he barely have any money to survive much less to pay me a extortion. Plus, i'm not one of doing that to people. Call me a good person or a fool, but i just can't do that. My parents taught me to be a good person all too well before they died and left me with him, and he pratically raised me until i turned age to travel alone and went to Rio to earn SOMETHING to better my life.

I don't really want a fight, i don't have energy to do so. I just want to be able to cuddle with my boy and see his dog smile.

Family man... i know i'm repeting this all that much but... it really means something to me.
>>
>>2440739
Holy shit, i just googled that and i'm terrified! I'm going to check on him right now and see more carefully
>>
>>2440717
>>2440716
It's extremely difficult to prove negligence in animal abuse, and actually impossible if they don't see the condition the dog is being kept in. The fact that you are bringing it to a vet actually shows that you aren't being neglectful anyways. Hell most people don't even get time for actual animal abuse like nailing dogs to train tracks and crushing skulls with heels. In the end this dog needs to see a vet one way or another, and if you don't want to do that then give him up. He will die like this.
>>
>>2440739
Update: It looks more like warts and moles than parasites. At least didn't seemed disturbed with it when examine them neither show signs of pain.
They seem to be lumps of meat that sometimes old people get. By great-grand father had one in his hips. It used to freak me the hell out.
>>
>>2440746
That's anons trolling, welcome to 4chan culture

Just take the dog to the vet, avoid answering nosy questions if you can. Get him cleaned up and take care of him from now on, or hand him over to a get home if there is a chance this could happen again.

Stop wasting time on this shitty imageboard where everyone has a 'professional opinion'.
>>
Have you taken the blame for leaving him there?
I think you definitely have a large part of the blame.
>>
>>2440761
Off course, but i had to go. Its work man.
>>
>>2440759
It honestly looks like mange.
>>
>>2440760
Didn't seemed like trolling, but yeah... point taken.
>>
>>2440703
sorry, but your uncle should face the consequeces for the things he did
If he is too dumb to see the suffering of the dog, he should be locked up

If not, we might just free all criminals, because they have some family around
>>
File: Street_dog-Gianyar_Bali-2009.jpg (582KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Street_dog-Gianyar_Bali-2009.jpg
582KB, 1600x1200px
>>2440764
Oh my god, it is!
>>
>>2440746
I am all for family, I take care of my nonverbal autistic sister and was primary caretaker for my mother when she was dying of cancer. The latter showed me how blood ties mean NOTHING when it comes to family. None of her cousins helped, instead they showed up at her death and hung around to see if they could swipe anything.

They weren't invited to the funeral when I noticed this. Instead, my next-door neighbors were invited to be even pall bearers. When she was sick they would help me care for her. Bring my dad and I food, help pay our electric bill and mow the lawn for us.

Don't lecture me on valuing family. I don't value family for their blood ties alone. You actual have to care and bring something of value to the relationship for it to be considered as such.

You yourself said he is a negligent drunk, and in your first post you really have nothing good to say about him except "he was forced to raise me due to my dead parents' will"

Toxic family members will use and use and take advantage of loving people like OP. Cut them off when they fuck you over.
>>
>>2440764
>>2440769
If it is mange, then there are shampoos you can buy yourself. You don't have to go to the vet. Just do your research first to make sure you aren't buying some shitty quality thing made in China that will kill your dog due to lead poisoning.
>>
>>2440771
My uncle might drink and have shitty opinions. But he was a second father to me. I can't forgive him for turning a blind eye for my dog, but i can't throw him away to the police after everything he did to me.
I'm speaking about blood ties when i talk Family. He is actually a very supportive person that had a shitty life.
Dude, we both fought for the custody of his children so they wouldn't be raised by his shitty goldding crack whore of a ex.
I dunno. Might seem like i'm finding excuses, but he is not a toxic family member. I'm just... disappointed. That's all
>>
>>2440788
did for* me.

Fuck. English is not my native language. Sorry for typos.
>>
>>2440788
> I'm NOT speaking about Blood ties
fuck. i'm triggered. Jumping the hell out of this boat. excuse me.
>>
>>2440779
Yeah, i'm going to that. See if he gets better and if not, i'm taking him to a vet. I've got the money now to do so.
>>
Peace to all of you who helped, bros.
I have a boy to take care off. Thanks for the help and sorry for venting in the wrong place.
God bless you all.
>>
>>2440779
The treatment is different depending on the type of mange.
>>
just take him to the fucking vet OP. It's your shitty dog. You were the one who fucked up and left your dog with someone else thinking they give as much of a fuck of it as you do. Protip: people don't give a fuck about your property as much as you do.
Don't answer questions. Just tell the vet you will pay to fix him up and do so.
>>
>>2440800
Update us in a few days on the status of your good boy OP!
>>
>>2440703
your family abused your dog. chances are the house was never destroyed by a storm; they just took it down or used it for something else. because they don't care about your dog.

you have a weird idea of family if you think it means letting them abuse an animal.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.