[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evolution from example

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3147.jpg (87KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3147.jpg
87KB, 945x531px
Is the life cycle of a frog a fair if rough representation of aquatic life evolving lungs to breathe air on land?
I'm looking for more living examples to help teach grown adults about evolution, like air-breathing fishes.
>I'm still triggered about how a man at church was trying to explain to me how man didn't evolve from monkeys because nothing in nature turns into something else.
>>
>>2440297
yeah, but that line of reasoning is a gateway to embryology
>>
Don't waste your time trying to "teach" those people anything
>>
>>2440297
>man at church was trying to explain to me how man didn't evolve from monkeys

You will never convince him because he's convinced he already knows the truth. Move on with your life, for your own good and for his.
>>
>>2440297
Artificial selection might be a good starting example of how variation within in a species can lead to big changes over generations if specific traits are selected for. If people can do it, why can't nature (or God if want to just wean them off creationism onto intelligent design)

Cabbages, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kohl rabi and kale are all the same species but due to different people selecting for different traits, they look physically different. Same goes for dogs.

Would lungfish be a better example for the transition of water to land? They clearly look like fish, swim like a fish and can even still respire through gills like a fish but they can also breathe air like any kind of terrestrial vertebrate.
>>
>>2440297
Mosquitoes and dragonflies also have an aquatic larvae phase
>>
Nigga what are you thinking. You don't just go up to religious people and change their minds about something they've believed in and held on to for their entire lives, it doesn't happen. Best case scenario you'll both agree to disagree but it sounds like either one of you will be too retarded to let it go.
>>
>>2440320
we didn't evolve from monkeys, anon
>>
>>2440437
my great gran is 95 years old, catholic all her life, knows i'm a heathen non believer
comes up to me a couple years ago
>you know, anon, i think you're right. i think this is all just bullshit
love my based great gran
>>
>>2440414
So do all all vertebrates actually. Just with the difference that our larvae are in eggs/wombs
>>
>>2440442
dementia
>>
>>2440297
No.
>>
>>2440311
this, these people are willfully ignorant, they would refuse to change their minds no matter what evidence you show them
>>
>>2440297
you bridge reason and religion by asking the man if we do not change from a bad path, then we as beasts under the god of the universe are not free from cause and effect. we are as subject to the rules as beasts under a god that makes no exception for us [good eye contact with guy] and that is ok.
>>
>>2440454
KEK
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.