[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Betta fish help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 20170724_220046_003.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_220046_003.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hey, I currently got a Dragon Scale Betta fish and I have him in a 10 gallon tank with a few Golden Molly Panda's I have 2 large plants and one medium plant from petco. I also have the Whisper 2 10 filter but it seems to have a bit too much current so I am looking at getting some sponges to lessen the current they will arrive in 2 days. I also do have a heater. I am just trying to find some more ways to make life for my fish more enjoyable! Anyone have any suggestions? Other tank mates or other plants/tank accessories.

Thanks for any suggestions!
>>
File: IMG_1742.jpg (205KB, 720x1278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1742.jpg
205KB, 720x1278px
I have pretty much the same setup. It has evolved into this. I used the sponge on the whisper for awhile but found if I sort of block the current with some sort of decoration it works too. I had a few guppies with mine but he killed them all. Got some Cory catfish now and he sleeps and plays with them lol. Same fish 2+ years. The stuff I have floating around is java moss it will grow in any conditions and the Betta love it. If you can get some cherry red shrimp for cheap try adding them. I bought some for VERY cheap on eBay and got a bunch of "pregnant" ones but had a parasitic worm outbreak in tank that may have came from them that was tedious to treat, so be wary when adding anything (fish, plants, and invertebrates) to the thank. Your set up looks great maybe give him something to swim in and out of.
>>
Thanks! Yeah I just was out and about and picked him up a log with a few holes in it. No sharp edges or anything. I will have to look for some java moss! I want a lot of plants in my tank but I am not sure how well it will work. My tank is not near a window and I am not too sure how the live plants grow that well without much sunlight. I have a bit more research to do about the plants.
>>
>>2439508
I had some java moss and it kept wrapping itself around my rooted plants and pulled them out. I finally ended up getting rid of it.

Currently have a betta in a 20 g tank with 6 neon tetras. Betta killed two of the tetras in the first week but i think it's because they were sick. They had stopped schooling before the beta went after them. Seems to get along with others for the time being. Betta is funny though, if i dip my finger in the tanks he will rush toward me like a barracuda and puff his fins. Name is Barron von Bully
>>
>>2439421
needs some memeballs
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.