[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Service dog discrimination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4628.jpg (44KB, 301x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4628.jpg
44KB, 301x225px
Are nightclubs allowed to ban service dogs? I tried going to a nightclub called el Hefe in Arizona last Saturday night with my service dogs and they said I couldn't go in with the dog. Can I file a discrimination lawsuit?
>>
>>2439258
a business can refuse a customer for any reason. you would have to prove it is not just you. also food service setting do not allow animals, being California they might defend themselves in this manner if they have a salad bar or self serve thing.
>>
>>2439262
I bring my dog to Taco Bell all the time never had a problem
>>
>>2439258
The real question is why would you even try to bring service dogs to a night club?
>>
>>2439276
Because I want to pick up chicks using my dog
>>
>>2439277
>Because I want to pick up chicks using my dog
Fucking hell. A night club is no place to bring a dog, even if it is trained. I assume you have a service animal because you're mentally retarded.
>>
ITT: idiots taking bait
>>
>>2439282
No I'm not retarded I'm a veteran who has ptsd
>>
>>2439271
you could drag a dead horse into a taco bell and the people working there would not care. those dead eyed people working there have neither hope or care.
>>
>>2439258
How are you posting here if you are blind?

No seriously, how do blind people use the internet?
>>
>>2439300
what makes you think only blind people are entitled to a service dog?

and what makes you think a legally blind person is 100% blind?
>>
>>2439294
Then they're not service dogs. They are emotional support dogs. ESDs don't have the same rights as actual service dogs
>>
>>2439296

they'd just tell you that deliveries go in the rear
>>
>>2439342
Actually I believe they do have service dogs for PTSD. The dog can sense their heart rate raise before they go full blown retard and get them on the ground before they pass out and die.
>>
File: dogs-playing-poker.jpg (202KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dogs-playing-poker.jpg
202KB, 1024x768px
>having ptsd so bad he needs support dawg
>having ptsd and going to loud cramped place full of drunk people
>At Night
OP is just an idiot and deserves all the bad things that are happening to him
>>
>>2439262
>a business can refuse a customer for any reason
Lawfag here, this is wrong. At least in Ontario, service dogs are permitted everywhere
>>
>>2439342
service dogs for people with mental disorders are meant to physically drag them out of situations if they black out or something like that, still different than an ESD
>>
>>2439342
http://www.servicedogcentral.org/content/node/77

Psych service dogs are a thing. In a few YouTube videos, PTSD dogs would sit on their owner if they noticed them getting overly upset.
>>
>>2439359
>>2439466
>>2439493
He still wouldn't receive more than 1. Most places know they have to let actual service dogs in unless the dog is misbehaving, in which case, it's usually a "ESD" not a SD

OP was probably just walking his pet dogs that granted, may do a lot for him psychologically, and decided to go to a club. The dogs are not properly trained as service dogs so they were acting unprofessionally, so he was barred entry and is now trying to cry foul to get money and/or pad his bruised ego
>>
>>2439294
>>2439294
>Veteran
>retarded
OP confirmed for army
>>
>>2439294
So what is your service dog for exactly? I don't get how you need a dog for PTSD, is he just for you to hug or does he bark at people who piss you off or what?
>>
>>2439578
Your google fu is weak. A two minute search should provide you with all the answers you need. I'm not going looking for you, but I can tell you some tasks PTSD dogs are trained to do include, off the top of my head: panic attack alert, panic attack response (different from alert), flash back response, blocking, mobility assistance which may be required if someone is in a disorientated state, make a noise on command for excuse from uncomfortable social situation, deep pressure therapy, etc etc.

>>2439503
This is true. Having more than one service dog is highly unusual unless they're trained for radically different things, but most breeds used for work are adaptable enough to learn several tasks. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is you have one dog that can predict epileptic seizures, but which is too small for mobility work, and a dog for mobility work that does not pick up on epileptic seizures, but it's the sort of thing you'd see in someone both with multiple disabilities and also someone who has enough money and support to care for more than one dog.

I'm fairly certain you can't ask for public access for more than one dog if both dogs are performing the exact same tasks.
>>
>>2439258
https://youtu.be/4BBaIW17isU
>>
>>2439450
>Lawfag here
>At least in Ontario
you think every country in the world has the same laws? individual states in the u.s. have vastly different laws.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.