[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your dog licks your face, are they showing you affection,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1487621562197.jpg (20KB, 552x559px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487621562197.jpg
20KB, 552x559px
If your dog licks your face, are they showing you affection, or are they simply drawn to the scent of food particles from your last meal on your skin?
>>
I wouldn't know because I don't let my dog lick me in the face.
That shits nasty yo.
>>
>>2437969

It's a sign of pack bonding.
>>
>>2438022
Isn't pack theory a meme made by Cesar Milan
>>
>>2437969
Both.
Dog wants to lick your face to show affection, but then smells/tastes food and won't stop.
>>
I use to be able to cum with peanut butter on my dick but now I need more
>>
Dogs are wolf neonates, AKA they're been bred to retain baby behaviors into adulthood. Essentially they're permanent puppies.

Weaned wolf pups will lick the faces of their parents to trigger them to give up food for them to eat. It's also a social behavior used by older wolves, usually as a friendly greeting and/or placating gesture.

Dogs do it a lot more because of their puppyish behaviors, but it has the same purpose. They might continue to lick if they find food but you can assume that it's affectionate.

>2438053
It's the dominance theory that's incorrect. Wolf packs are basically families. The "alphas" are simply the primary breeding pair. But other wolves will still breed in the back, and the alphas do not have absolute control over them.

Dominance theory is outdated, originated from studies that threw wolves that had never met into a single small room and watched their stressed and mistrusting behavior. They then assumed that all wolf packs behaved that way.

Dominance theory is also incorrect with dogs because dogs are submissive by nature and have an innate desire to please. We have bred this into them. Again, they are permanent puppies. If your dog isn't behaving, it's not because they are "challenging your dominance". There are other things at work, such as lack of trust, stress, lack of understanding as to what you actually want, etc. You need to show the dog what you want. Dominance theory based training is basically freaking the dog out whenever it does something you don't want in the hopes that it will learn what you DO want by process of elimination. It's unreliable and fosters fear and mistrust, which will lead to more behavioral problems in the future.

Would you really want to listen to somebody who gets mad at you all the time for seemingly no reason and won't even tell you what they want or what you're doing wrong?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.