[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coyotes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Coyote_01.jpg (483KB, 1440x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Coyote_01.jpg
483KB, 1440x1152px
Do any of you have coyotes living near your house? I was just on a late-night walk when I heard snarling from a little ways away, and then, as I was walking home, I heard maybe about a dozen of them howling. Very cool.

What are your experiences with coyotes, /an/?
>>
>>2437181
I hear them howling from my house, especially during the summer. I also hear my neighbors shoot at them/release sheep dogs on them when they go after lambs.
>>
I used to like them before having to deal with them in my yard and out on hikes. While with friends once we got followed by 4 or 5 of them and one came in for a bite so I punted the fuck.

In the yard they fuck off real fast once they hear my dogs. I'd never intentionally let them go after them but I'll use them to make some noise.
>>
I did
3 of them attacked my mastiff and i had to put him down
I now shoot them on sight if they come near my house
I know i shouldve had a cage for my dog outside, but i just let him out to piss.. i thought he was safe in my yard.. he always had been
>>
>>2437181
They run the drainways between the fields to all the different wetlands and woods, bringing them close to my place and several others. They den up closer to the river.
Coyotes and several other animals are relatively close, but a well lit yard and occasionally barking dog is enough to deter most. People with free roaming birds and rabbits, or livestock have to take other precautions.
>tfw one neighbor has tall nubian goat that watches over the animals
>guard goat
>>
>>2437181
There's been a few sightings on my campus but not at my apartment. I live in Phoenix so it's almost expected to see them from time to time.
>>
>>2437181
My last apartment bordered a college campus, and there was a ~300 meter barrier of trees and bushes separating it from me. Anyway at night I would hear a gang of coyotes howling, especially if a siren went by. I live about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away now and don't hear them ever, but I know they must still be around. I did see one only once walking down the street around 10 AM.
>>
Yeah I see them maybe once or twice a year. Never had any problems with them. They also help control the wild rabbit population here, which is good. I like the bunnies but they tend to breed like... well, rabbits. I don't have a dog or cat so it isn't a concern. Would not kick one out of my yard.
>>
careful dude they'll try to eat you if their pack is large enough
>>
>>2437181
got a job in deep south texas going off into huge ranches, farms, game leases, etc.(oil and gas) and had always known coyotes as skittish and hestitant of humans. I found out real quick that they like to intimidate and mess with you if the opportunity presents itself, especially if they outnumber you.
>>
I saw one in my neighborhood once. I mostly just see bunnies and raccoons
>>
>>2439086

you've never seen a wild coyote, huh? they're little. and they're scaredy cats too.
>>
>>2440622
A pack can take you down, dude.
>>
>>2440649

Don't be silly, anon. Coyotes aren't going to do anything to an adult human unless you're out innawoods laying on the ground bleeding profusely and on death's door/
>>
I saw one cross the street in front of me yesterday. There's a ton around here
>>
>>2437428
I hear donkeys, and oddly enough, geese are great guard animals too.

If you raise them right, donkeys have the personality of a dog, and the ability to recognize individual faces. So they will remember how well you cared for them their entire lives. As such, they are incredibly devoted creatures.

And geese? Well, they are just plain mean. But no idea how a flock would stand up to a pack of coyotes.
>>
coyotes have been regular wildlife in my area for decades

personally I'm ok with them - very occasionally they come up to our backyard fence and they're kind of appealing

But I can sympathize with pet owners so I won't encourage their visits - still think they're interesting though
>>
are female coyotes big enough to penetrate?
asking for a friend
>>
Went hubtingneith my grandpa when a few came up to the ridge we were headed to. We try to go around them but it is apparent they are now stalking us. Fire warning shots and they ran, but ruined the hunting for the day.
>>
>>2442076
Grow the fuck up, dude.
>>
>>2440649
Coyotes don't hunt in packs, arisen.
>>
>>2442084
Fuck off back to plebbit you fucking cunt.
>>
>>2442173
>only people from reddit are repulsed by fucking animals
Grow up faggot
>>
>>2437181
I shoot them when they come onto my property
>>
>>2442179
Only people fresh off the boat are such massive bleeding vaginas that they would get their cunt in a twist over a fucking joke.

I bet you're some nigger sheboon from tumblr and this is the only board you use. Kill yourself in real life.
>>
>>2442179
its more... only people from plebbit are outraged enough to take the time to state their displeasure with someone's post
>>
File: 1491086082714.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1491086082714.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>2442185
>>2442187
This board was never good
But it was better before you faggots showed up.
>"hurr durrr, I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>2442193
>gets called a redditor
>calls them a redditor back
wew gr8 troll m8
>>
>>2442198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8pB2BIqkvQ
>>
>>2442198
>call the mods
Don't worry, you'll learn to like not being able to down vote stuff you don't like
>>2442199
;)
>>
There's one that I see standing across the two track in front of my hunting cabin every couple nights. Always the same one, he's missing a big chunk of his left ear. Just sitting on the other side, maybe 50 feet from the door.
At this point I'm pretty sure it's Old Man Coyote and he's going to steal my toenails or something.
>>2442171
Keep the dream alive.
We'll get a sequel someday.
>>
>>2442185
Grow the fuck up, little boy.
>>
>>2442432
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>2442499
>>>>>/nurseryschool/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.