[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are australian animals really that scary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (5KB, 172x118px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 172x118px
are australian animals really that scary?
>>
>>2437147

Country Ausfag here.

Yes and no.

By and large 99% of them just want to be left the fuck alone and will only really arc up when some cunt pisses them off, but if they do get angry then they can fuck you up.

But almost always they're not interested in that, with some notable exceptions. Breeding season Sydney funnel webs get pretty angry and they roam which means you can find them on the back lawn or (occasionally) in the house. Cassowaries are rare, and you have to be pretty unlucky to find one in the mood for ruining your day. There is a couple of different snakes that'll chase you if they're in the mood, but again you have to be pretty unlucky.

As far as the flora and fauna are concerned, the price of living in Australia is eternal vigilance. Living with the wildlife is easy provided you take precautions and know what you are dealing with if one of them does get pissed off that his great new home turns out to be your gumboot.

tl;dr: If you go sticking your dick into stupid places without checking that happens to have an animal that does not take kindly to your presence, it will hurt you. What a fucking shocker.
>>
File: koala.jpg (76KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
koala.jpg
76KB, 650x1000px
no look at it.
>>
>>2437147
I live in Melbourne's suburban areas and I have not seen any of Australia's dangerous animals. Yes spiders are everywhere, like anywhere else on Earth, but most of them are either daddy long-legs or huntsmans (both non-lethal). Unless you are in the outback/countryside you won't run into anything that could kill you.
>>
>>2437147
We have highly toxic birds. Make of that what you will.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

Plants too
>>
I live in rural Australia and have to remove brown or red belly black snakes from my yard at most 3 times a year, honestly I'm more intimidated by roos, those things can fuck you up if you eyeball the wrong one.
>>
File: Stupid, but clever.jpg (10KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid, but clever.jpg
10KB, 300x272px
>>2437147
The scariest.
>>
>>2437147
The main difference is that we have a lot of small things that can kill you, everywhere.

We dont have bears, moose, anything large and threatening (bar kangaroos/crocs) but we do have spiders, snakes, jellyfish and octopus, all which can be found in your backyard/park or beach.
>>
>>2437147
No.If you want scary fauna,go to white man's grave.
>>2437393
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchineel
>>
File: koalaeatingmumsshit.jpg (122KB, 640x771px) Image search: [Google]
koalaeatingmumsshit.jpg
122KB, 640x771px
>>2437175
>>2438352
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.