[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World War Ant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 546846579.png (272KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
546846579.png
272KB, 500x309px
I want to start breeding ant colonies and then having them fight to the death for supremacy. What are some good quality low cost containment tanks to house 2 separate ant colonies that could be merged or linked to allow them to cross between? What are some of the best ants to get for 2 competing colonies? Specifically if they are distinctly different colors.

Or is it better to get a completely species such as termites as the opposing faction?
>>
fuck off
>>
>>2436318
Get lots of very small containers, and create an elaborate system of containers with tubes connecting them. Then, get lots of small colonies and place them in their own little section with the rest blocked off.

Allow the ants to establish themselves and do ant things for a while. Let's say there are 8 colonies. Then, connect each colony with another so they fight or merge together. Then connect the remaining 4 with each other etc. until there are only two colonies left. Then the one that wins will be the true ant champions.

Bonus points if you make a thread for people to suggest names for all of them, or have them represent countries like sports teams.
>>
File: 1499215335293.jpg (110KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499215335293.jpg
110KB, 1279x720px
>>2436335
>tournament style elimination
That is fucking genius.

How large of a colony does each contender get and how long should I allow them to live separately doing their own ant thing?
>>
there are no ants
>>
>>2436338
Try and start them from just a Queen. Let them decide the size of their colonies themselves. IF they work hard, they'll get more troops for the war. If they slack, they'll be behind. It's like training for the olympics.
Maybe give them a few weeks to really establish their colonies.
>>
Keep me updated
>>
File: 5674568.png (834KB, 1026x944px) Image search: [Google]
5674568.png
834KB, 1026x944px
>>2436488
I am not very well versed in ant husbandry.

Can a single queen self start a colony or will she need a few drones to get things kicked off? How many queens to a pod? Where is the best place to purchase these queens?
>>
As long as you're not a NEET I doubt you'll have the time for it.
And if you are a NEET I doubt you'll be able to handle the logistics.
>>
>>2436657
You need to catch them during their nuptial flights - that is, when the males and queens are flying around and fucking. Look for wingless queens wandering around early in the morning, and put them in a test tube that has been filled halfway with water and blocked off with a cotton ball. Google that, put the queen in there, then toss her in a box for a few months. If she's fertile, she'll start laying eggs and will be able to subsist off of the water, and she'll also metabolize the wing muscles in her back for other goodness.

Do that with multiple queens of different species.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.