[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vet hates my dog's balls.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 8

File: Shep.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Shep.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Why does my Vet suggest neutering my dog and give me a dirty look every time I say I wont do it.

I understand that an intact male dog can be problematic and it suppose to have health benefits.
But my dog is well fenced in so there no chance of him impregnating any local dogs and he is not aggressive or has any tendency to hump things.
I have no interest in breeding dogs either.

I don't see the point of neutering him since there is no need and I believe it makes dogs fat. I have done it to my other dogs and always regretted it, even though they got lots of exercise and I dieted them they were still a bit chubby for my taste.

I am not against neutering/spaying, I had all my cats fixed to prevent them spraying in my home.
>>
>>2436051
Get your dog neutered you degenerate hippie
>>
>>2436051
you're probably imagining it. People who don't fix their dogs get a victim complex when they think they are in a pro neuter area like a vet's office or an animal shelter.
>>
>>2436054
No being anti-vax should be illegal.

>>2436056
Once or twice maybe but there is four vets at the clinic and they all know me yet still suggest it.
>>
>>2436080
>fucking commie
Endangering your species by being retarded should be Illegal.
>>
It's more useful in female dogs DESU, because of the chances of pyometra as the dog gets older. Even then though, it's probably not a good idea to do it before the dog reaches its full growth, because it can screw up their development if they're missing those bits.
>>
>>2436087

Ok, why the fuck did this forum change my abbreviation of "to be honest" to that weeb shit.
>>
>>2436051
I really don't think it matters for dogs. They are so easy to control. Now cats on the other hand, holy fuck neuter and spay those bastards ASAP.
>>
>>2436091
Because you're acting like weeb shit when you speak like that desu
>>
>>2436091
>how to spot a newfag: example post
>>
>>2436082
Making a thought or belief illegal is what a liberal would do. We don't make the idea of outdoor cats illegal
>>
>>2436116
Outdoor cats won't potentially cause dead or living diseases to come back stronger and non preventable.
I don't want polio.
>>
>>2436116
>thought or belief illegal is what a liberal would do.
no, that's fascists
>>
>>2436052
>>2436054
His dog won't hump him if he gets him neutered .
>>
They don't get fat by getting neutered. That's like saying you will get fat if you have no legs. A fat dog means it's being overfed and/or not enough exercise.

I've always gotten mine spayed and neutered but if you're certain your fence is secure and he doesn't have behavioral problems then I don't really care. Assuming you don't take your dog to the dog park because intact males and bitches in heat are the worse.

I slide on neutering more than I do spaying if not for my experiences with pyometra. Not only is that life threatening but it turns a cheap spay into hundreds if not thousands of bills. Learned my goddamn my lesson.
>>
>>2436091
welcome to 4chan

get your pets spayed and neutered
>>
>>2436130
Intact males are generally the healthiest across the board. Females do seem to get the shit end of the stick if they AREN'T spayed though.
>>
>>2436121
>Outdoor cats won't potentially cause dead or living diseases to come back stronger and non preventable.
They'll instead fuck up the ecosystem by killing several critters. Which is also kind of a problem.
Both should be illegal or at least heavily discouraged.
>>
to be honest
>>
>>2436139
Intact males make up for 90% of fatal dog attacks, Statistics can be misleading with no former thought.
>>
Why do dogfags always consider themselves above the law?

>Please stop raping my pet
Fuck you, I have a dog

>Make that thing stop barking, I have work tomorrow
Fuck you, I have a dog

>Eventually that pitbull will snap and bite someone's face off
Fuck you, I have a dog

No, fuck YOU! Legally that overgrown rat has like 0 protection, you might as well be walking around with a loaded gun inside a bank.
>>
>>2436051
wow. most of you people suck at being a human being. I'd say do what the fuck you want. I know if my dog took me the doctor to get my balls clipped, I wouldn't be happy either
>>
>>2436051
I only came to this thread because this daft punk concept album is the titties

Carry on
>>
>>2436207
Wow, you are childish piece of dirt.
>>
>>2436187
where'd you get those stats?
>>
Hello. I'm new here.
>>
>>2436220
https://www.avma.org/Advocacy/StateAndLocal/Pages/dogbite-summary.aspx
Sorry it's 70-76% of dog bites, 90% in showing aggression
>>
>>
>>2436051
neutering dogs often dramatically reduces rates of certain cancers
>>
>>2436230
like testicular? lol
>>
>>2436191
faggot
>>
>>2436052
>>2436080
Not OP. I wouldn't neuter my dog ever, a cat if I let it outside maybe. If you have a male dog and actually love him like you should a pet you can just do testicular exams once every few months and you'll know if he gets cancer and then you can get him castrated. A bitch you just need to learn the symptoms of pyometra, keep her clean on the outside and don't let her wallow in piles of shit and again, if she gets pyometra you can get her castrated then to fix it. If you are so deluded that you don't acknowledge you are just destroying your dogs hormonal balance and development just for convenience like not having to spend a week teaching them not to mark or hump your leg, or have to bathe your fucking bitch so she doesn't get scads of dangerous bacteria in her vagina, then you don't really deserve to own an animal in any capacity

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2014/06/13/neutering-spaying-cancer-risk.aspx
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2009/12/30/surgical-sterilization-could-reduce-your-pets-lifespan-by-over-30-percent.aspx
http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/LongTermHealthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdf
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201702/are-there-behavior-changes-when-dogs-are-spayed-or-neutered

>Spayed females had 6.5 times higher incidence of all cancers combined compared to intact females, and neutered males had 3.6 times higher incidence than intact males.

>Even in dogs that did not die of cancer, the female rotties that kept their ovaries the longest were nine times more likely to achieve exceptional longevity (13+ years).
>Simply put, study results indicate removal of a dog’s ovaries significantly increases the risk for a major lethal disease.

> Given that one of the accepted behavioral reasons for spaying and neutering is to reduce aggression, the distressing results of these studies is that spayed and neutered dogs >actually show considerably more aggression.
>>
>>2436255
>mercola

D R O P P E D nice alt knowledge faggot shove it back with your crystal healing supplement voodoo where it belongs
>>
>>2436256
>is afraid to read actual scientific research because it was posted onto a certain site

http://www.gpmcf.org/hro2015.html
>>
>>2436051
You can't handle an in tact dog.

I know this because you thinks fence is sufficient for stopping a dog from breeding. Literally nothing will stop an in tact male from getting to a bitch in heat.

PS not exercising a dog makes it fat. Cutting off their balls doesnt.
>>
>>2436256
http://www.caninesports.com/uploads/1/5/3/1/15319800/vizsla_javma_study.pdf

Took me like 30 seconds to find the actual studies. It's easier and quicker for most people to just read a news type article on them
>>
>>2436241
kek
really though, also bone and breast cancers (I think)
>>
File: ss (2017-07-20 at 10.22.18).png (103KB, 722x599px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-07-20 at 10.22.18).png
103KB, 722x599px
>>2436263
>>
>>2436255
>>2436260
>>2436266
(you)
>>
>>2436261
This pretty much
>>
>>2436262
Nothing should be blanketed on all dogs when the study is done on a single breed. This would be a good case for Hungarian pointers though. 2k is a decent amount for a breed specific study.
>>
>>2436268
>is proved wrong, just results to quoting my posts to comfort the fact that he has destroyed his pet's hormonal balance and drastically shortened their lifespan

To anyone who has a modicum of knowledge about the delicate balance of hormones in a mammalian, imagine the psychological and emotional effects of getting your balls or ovaries removed completely, not even delving into the massive PHYSICAL effect it has
>>
>>2436271
If you are sticking to pure breed dogs then you clearly don't put an animal's health first and for most rendering the don't neuter them argument moot.
>>
>>2436272
>anthropomorphizing this hard

Also this
http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/25/do-eunuchs-really-live-longer/
>>
>>2436272
>hurr durr psychological effects

There have been plenty of eunuchs through history. They lived and dealt with it like any other. Castrating yourself doesn't seem to shorten human lifespan btw, it actually may very well be the reverse. Women live longer for a reason bro.
>>
>>2436282
>>2436276
>>2436271
I mean I'm extrapolating without backing, but the hormonal balance between any average dog and the effects it has on their body are probably similar despite breed differences.

>https://www.avma.org/News/JAVMANews/Pages/131101a.aspx

Just skimmed it and didn't see much about cancer rates and seems really small but they show knee/leg injuries being significantly greater in castrated dogs

>Dr. Hart further noted that none of the 120 sexually intact females in their study reportedly developed mammary cancer and the two dogs that did have mammary cancer were spayed females.

>>2436276
Humans
>80 of them

>>2436282
>didn't read any of the studies I linked
Humans aren't the same as dogs
For example: just about any breed of dog is lucky to live to 15, humans live to 80 regularly
>>
>>2436285
>ignores the fact that his post stated and I quote " imagine the psychological and emotional effects of getting your balls or ovaries removed completely, not even delving into the massive PHYSICAL effect it has"

Your balls, not the dog's balls. Unless you believe in dogs browsing 4chan I believe this refers to a man.
>>
>>2436289
>believes that me posting a fallacious additive to studies to further drive them home refutes the studies
Cringe
>>
>>2436230
Leaving dogs intact drastically reduces muscular and skeletal degeneration such as dysplasia.
>>
>>2436300
For neutering too young, for sure. Pisses me off to see great dane pups neutered so young for that reason.
>>
>>2436261
It has always been the responsibility of the owner to keep bitches confined when in heat. That hasn't changed except in the minds of the adolecsent forechinz.
>>
>>2436266
>Viszlas with health problems
In other news, water is wet.
>>
File: Carlos_grsd01.jpg (6KB, 185x139px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_grsd01.jpg
6KB, 185x139px
>>2436275
trying this hard.
>>
>>2436302
And why are those young dogs neutered?
> veterinarians pushing what they believe should be an easy sale500 procedure.
Back to o.p.
The vet cares about profit. If the vet can shame you into a sale (the neutering surgery) he's got easy income.
>>
>>2436052
>>2436054
>>2436056
>>2436080
>>2436130
You should all have to castrate a dog yourself without anesthesia if you think it's worth it.
>petowner fags shill castrating their animals but don't actually know how to castrate let alone would do it themselves to their animal
>>2436314
>sale500 procedure
If I can castrate 100+ steers a day, you can snip your shitmutt yourself.
>>
>>2436432
WOW you're really going all out today aren't ya champ?
>>
>>2436432
PS anaesthesia is neither necessary or practical for a castration. That's just an easy way to charge you several hundred dollars for a simple procedure.
>>
>>2436434
How do you mean?
>petfags being this removed from the realities of keeping & raising animals
Why is it ok for a person to castrate a 1,000 lb animal like a horse themselves but not a dog?
>>
>>2436434
I'd rather not physically castrate a dog at all desu
>especially knowing it can be done psychologically to enough effect
This is evident in both wolves and people who keep working dogs, which are generally intact imo
>>
>>2436452
*in my experience desu
>>
>>2436082
>implying there shouldnt be a mass epidemic decimating the world population
>>
>>2436304
It takes two dogs, fuckstick.
'Durr it's not my responsibility so why minimize the risk?'
>>
>>2436304
So who's responsibility is it to keep the ransom stray confined when in heat?
>>
>>2436514
If somebody was responsible, it wouldn't be a random stray.
>>
>>2436516
So what's to keep your in tact dog from fucking a random stray?
>>
>>2436520
The fact I'm a responsible owner and I don't let my intact male dog roam free.
>this is all hypothetically speaking of course, because as a responsible owner I wouldn't have a non neutered male dog
>>
>>2436314
Why so young? Because people are irresistible assholes and that first time or two they come in may be the last time they come in. I know several owners that haven't brought their dogs to the vet in years. Most people aren't responsible enough to keep their animals from breeding if they are intact. Vets have to consider that this time you see this animal may be the last so try to do everything you during that session to help the animal and/or prevent the owners irresponsibility
>>
I haven't posted in this thread. I wanted to stay out of it to save myself some headache.

>>2436520
I have an intact male dog and he doesn't fuck a random stray or any other dog because he is always accounted for, as are all my animals.
I'm always with them, and if not, then I have someone else looking after them.
Someone before said that I could never be certain that my male dog has never impregnated a random dog and it drove me up a wall because no one knows my life or my dog's life.
The truth is I have been a shut-in for a very long time and my dog is usually supervised because I am always here...
>>
File: Shannon holt-grieves bronzer 2.jpg (101KB, 729x696px) Image search: [Google]
Shannon holt-grieves bronzer 2.jpg
101KB, 729x696px
i've only ever had one pet that was never spayed neutered, and he was a basset hound we adopted as an adult. physically there was no way he was going to be able to escape our fenced yard, and mentally he was completely passive. he lived a long, healthy life before dying in his sleep of old age well into his teens.

that being said, generally speaking, people who don't spay/neuter are irresponsible dipshits, and are just projecting their castration fears onto their animals whilst adding to both the unwanted pet population and to animal attack statistics. pic related.
>>
>>2437220
>that being said, generally speaking, people who don't spay/neuter are irresponsible dipshits, and are just projecting their castration fears onto their animals whilst adding to both the unwanted pet population and to animal attack statistics. pic related.
Animal attack statistics are likely because the stray dog population is more likely to be un-altered, and the stray dog population is more likely to attack (due to being unsocialized, untrained, unleashed....stray). Correlation =/= causation

>that being said, generally speaking, people who don't spay/neuter are irresponsible dipshits
Simply asserting this does not make it true.

>I'd like to suggest the opposite, because the average owner is more likely to alter them, owners who alter their pets are more likely to be "irresponsible dipshits"
>generally people are irresponsible dipshits

I personally would say that it's more likely for the average person to be incompetent regardless of spaying or neutering. Fuck, the average person can't even walk 2-3 miles a day, even if they were willing. And can't spot another obese or overweight individual of their OWN species (unless grossly, grotesquely obese i.e >200lbs at average height) let alone a different species.
>>
>>2437278
In America, stray populations are very low and as such, stray dogs do not make up a lot of the reported dog bites, and most strays do not bite. Loose, owned dogs make up a nice chunk but not stray (loose, unowned) dogs. I do agree that keeping testicles does not make a dog more likely to bite. However I believe there is another related reason. I believe the kind of people that would have intact male dogs are to blame for the bites, not the testicles on the dog itself. I believe you will find most intact dogs are owned in low income areas. Most guard dogs are kept intact too, and if you ask your local shelter for their intake info I bet you'll find most owned, loose dogs were intact males. I think animal attacks are likely to happen to people who do not know any better, basically the ignorant. And I believe the ignorant are more likely to keep an intact dog that they can not handle.
>>
>>2437286
I should say stray dog population is low compared to the size of the country. Keep in mind, America is pretty big. But loose dogs are generally taken very seriously so long as it's not the Bible belt.
>>
>>2436051
Cuz surgery = money... You refuse=no money For vet= mad vet
>>
>>2437291
A one time cost vs a continuous office visit cost and fee to examine your dog's nuts for 5 minutes. Hmmm really joggin my noggin here
>>
>>2436051
ahhhh the age old /an/ question

You see its a popular opinion amongst /an/ that neutering causes positive changes in behaviour and also helps with dog population control

For instance:
>Stops it running away, searching for females to fuck.
>Stops it from wanting to dry hump everything, like a guests leg.
>Stops aggression.
>Stops territorialism
etc etc...

But in reality all it stops is your dogs ability to impregnate another dog.

Also your dog is gunna know if its balls gets chopped off. It can feel its balls and it can feel when they aren't their anymore. This will have a psychological effect on your dog most likely a negative one.

When you go outside do you see a stray dog problem? Do you see dogs fucking other dogs in the park or in the street? No, you don't. That's not due to vets neutering dogs, thats due to using things like leashes and having fences.

De-sexing your pet before it is fully mature can also have negative effects on its physiology because it isn't getting the adequate amount of hormones during its growth period.

A good owner should know when their dog is in heat and keep it under control when this occurs rather than expecting every male dog owner to have chopped their dogs balls off because you can't be bothered keeping your female dog indoors when its on heat.

>i fully expect salt and tears
>>
>>2436282
>There have been plenty of eunuchs through history.

top lel so thats a good reason to chop a dogs balls of because in ancient egyptian times they chopped slaves balls of to make sure they couldn't mate with the stock and made them more docile

wew wew
WEW

WEW

Your fucking idiot.
>>
>>2436276
>anthropomorphizing this hard

Do you believe your dog can feel its foot? Or maybe its eye? or its nose? or its ears?

So lets say science said that dogs cant feel their feet would you cut off your dogs feet to stop it from being able to run down the street fuck the neighbours bitch in heat?

but when it comes to balls
>heh nah dogs cant feel their balls so its fine chop em off who cares dogs cant tell

Are you fucking retarded. This isn't anthropomorphizing its being not retarded.
>>
>>2436640
>animal may be the last so try to do everything you during that session to help the animal

How is chopping a dogs balls off helping the animal?
>>
>>2436051
Because your dog is a rape machine. Your vet is 100% in the right for giving you dirty looks because only by this visualisation can you understand that male testicles are oppressive therefore are no longer welcome in our diverse and enriched society, you shitlord
>>
>>2437320
>Popular opinion
Pretty sure everyone agrees that fixing does not change personality and may decrease the dog's want to fuck things. Maybe you're new here.
>Anthropomorphizing this hard
You best also not contain your dog. Your dog can feel when it's free vs being chained to a leash or fenced in a yard. There is a reason anthropomorphizing is a logical fallacy
>Do you see a stray dog problem
Actually yes I do. I have to slow down on my road because there will be half a dozen dogs roaming. However amount of stray dogs does not equate to issues caused by not spaying/neutering. You'd want to look at ALL homeless animals. Stray animals are a result of overpopulation AND poor animal control. Homeless animals are a result of overpopulation; regardless of why they became homeless, they remain homeless because people don't want/need that dog as there are other dogs to choose from. So instead how about you go on petfinder and look up your area code and see how many cats and dogs you see. Before you get your panties in a bunch, I think proper education is the single best way to reduce the amount of homeless animals. Spaying and neutering is parallel to responsible animal keeping; you can be a responsible owner and have an intact or fixed pet. Yet because of the amount of niggers the US has, there will be a lot of owners who are not responsible. If you aren't responsible, you should get your animal fixed. And that's why it's advertised so much, because no one believes they are irresponsible. Everyone thinks they are the best.
>>
>>2437320
You fucked yourself over there buddy. You contradict yourself by say fixing doesn't change a dog's behavior but then say it will have a psychological affect. If it has a psychological affect, it's affecting their mind and behavior. So which is it, does it affect their minds or not?
>Inb4 it only affects them in the way I want to say it affects them
Also that last bit is redundant, tears are mostly made of salt
>>
File: 1481624303394.jpg (56KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
1481624303394.jpg
56KB, 550x310px
>>2437335
>Also that last bit is redundant, tears are mostly made of salt
>>
>>2437332
>Maybe you're new here.

I'm not.

>Pretty sure everyone agrees that fixing does not change personality and may decrease the dog's want to fuck things

That's a contradiction brah. Hurr it doesn't do shit but it does stops them from wanting to fuck things.
> have to slow down on my road because there will be half a dozen dogs roaming.

I was gunna say in first world countries but i didn't think a second worlder would post in this thread.

>You best also not contain your dog. Your dog can feel when it's free vs being chained to a leash or fenced in a yard. There is a reason anthropomorphizing is a logical fallacy

I dunno what your on about here I can't tell if your agreeing with me or disagreeing.

>>2437335
Your right it's a contradiction I was being dumb and assuming everyone thought the psychological affects on the dog being de-sexed were positive but in reality they are negative.
>>
>>2437350
Personality=/=fucking things. If you base your personality around the animes you want to fuck, I am deeply sorry your mother went through the trouble to carry you for 9 months. Someone fucking a hot blonde is not their personality. Even then, it only may decrease their want. Not definitely totally obliterate it. The whole US rural south has strays because neutering is extremely uncommon there. The last bit is an example of a fallacy I was using to demonstrate how dumb you are. And you're not supposed to prove an inb4, it proves anons point that you can't make real arguments
>>
>>2437355
> The last bit is an example of a fallacy I was using to demonstrate how dumb you are.

I was only pretending to be dumb.

>Personality=/=fucking things.
ok Freud

Sorry the US rural areas are 2nd world tier lol.
>>
>>2437361
>Hurr Durr I was only pretending
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. And if anything I wouldn't be Freud, because he believed people's minds revolved around fucking things, especially your mother.
>>
>>2437365
Thats what you were doing you faggot. You were literally pretending to be stupid i called you out on it and you were like no brah i was only pretending to be stupid to show how stupid you were.

Your a retard go back to posting with your buddies how eunuchs live longer and shit like that because thats the crowd your aligned with.

All you got is
>in my personal experience i've seen lots of strays
>i thought all of /an/ agreed with me

like any of that holds any fucking weight at all
>>
>>2436122
>LITERALLY FUCKING MACES PEOPLE FOR NOT BEING LEFTWING
>Psshh, thats what a shithead fascist would do
>>
OP here, a lot of people seem to still assume my dog can impregnate bitches even though I said he could not escape my yard.

I'll give some context to my situation.
>I live in the middle of nowhere
>None of my neighbours own a bitch or bitches
>My yard is like a fort with barbed wire, electric fencing a rather big regular fence.
>My dog only leaves on a leash and is not taken off the leash until he is at home.

My dog cannot leave and no dog can get in, there are many sheep around here and I was raised that a dog should be well fenced in.
Also I have chickens so I want to keep other undesirable like my neighbours retarded dog and foxes out.

There is no need to neuter my dog.
>>
>>2437505
>No need to neuter my dog.
What the actual fuck is wrong with you, o.p.
Don't you realize veterinarians need boats and a biannual golfing vacation.
>>
>>2436051
My dog is 9 years old intact, absolutely no problems
>>
DESU
>>
>>2437563
Whoa, it really does change t.b.h to DESU. I feel gross now that the word appeared because of me.
>>
>>2437565
Go back to wherever you came from and stay there next time.
>>
>>2437548
>thinking vets make money
Is this sarcasm or are you literally this new?
>>
>>2437369
Read again. Just because you don't have an argument for my rebuttals doesn't make my arguments fall flat. Right now you just look uneducated and desperately reaching.
>>
>>2436051
The vet's boat payment won't make itself.
>>
>>2437325
>and/or prevent the owners irresponsibility
>>
>>2436051
I don't really see the point in it either. It's like circumcision.
>>
>>2437505
>>My dog only leaves on a leash and is not taken off the leash until he is at home.
And then one day he yanks it out of your hand and runs off.
>>
>>2437723
>Read again.

No, I can tell your in full damage control mode now.
>>
>>2437785
Wrong, he walks behind me on the leash and I trained him to ignore his surroundings like wild animals and other dogs.
>>
>>2437369
It was an example of why anthropomorphizing is a logical fallacy by using your own logic against you. I fought your anecdotal evidence with anecdotal evidence, and if you actually read you'd find out that wasn't my argument because anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing. You have not addressed at all the pet overpopulation because you have no argument against it and instead cherry pick the fallacies in my argument that were to show how silly your fallacies in your argument are. You're proving yourself to be wrong and you're not even discussing the actual argument anymore. What the fuck are you even getting mad about?
>>
Everyone I've ever met who was against desexing was either a psycho PETA retard, a guy with an inferiority complex, or a slutty bitch who gets off on watching the dog mount things, quite possibly themselves.
>>
>>2437981
Have you ever seen what happens when an in tact dog gets the scent of a bitch in heat?

You are seriously underestimating this.
>>
>>2437997
I don't believe that knowing a few people is a good way to judge everyone in a group. But, I do know some crazy people who loved their animal's ovaries and nuts to an unreal extent. One chick was a petalite Wiccan that didn't believe in altering animals in any way and also didn't believe in keeping animals contained. So her animals would constantly get knocked up. Oh and vets were evil too.
>>
>>2438005

Please stop appealing to hypothetical situations. Though it says nothing about the general population at large, just concede that the anon you responded to can actually handle his own shit.
>>
>>2436052
How about you remove your own balls?
After all, it decreases the risk of testicular cancer.
>>
>>2437785
ROFL. You literally just have to wrap the leash around your hand one time extra, and it's not even about grip strength then, you just have to keep balance. I have worked at a kennel and taken athletic 150 pound dogs out and never had felt like I was going to lose control at any point. It's really not that hard, If you weigh anything over 140lbs and your dog is under 200lbs, that'll be fine unless you have the balance and strength of a toddler.
>>
>>2438028
>hypothetical
I get the sense he is underestimating things is all.
>>
>>2437505
Well that changes everything. You have a working dog that has no problems with having its balls because it's exercised and entertained regularly in a safe place.

Most people who live in normal houses with normal pets should get them neutered, working dogs, guard dogs and gun dogs are all fine intact if they have a job.
>>
>>2438168
>Most people who live in normal houses with normal pets should get them neutered
>didn't read any study that was posted in the thread earlier
>asserts this cringey harmful, pointless advice like it has some kind of backing
If you are so afraid of your bitch getting knocked up, get her uterus removed while leaving her ovaries intact (not hard to find someone to do this) or a vasectomy if you have a male dog who you are incapable of controlling.

>this guy doesn't know the importance of sex hormones
Cringe
>>
>>2436051
LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM ABOUT YOU
>>
>>2438197
Most people can't control their dogs that's why the general advice is to get them done.

I'd rather a nog had a shitbull with no balls than one with.
>>
>>2438197
Ovary intact spaying leaves all the negatives of having ovaries like mammary cancer and all the negatives of spaying, with an even more super invasive procedure with an increased risk of stump pyo. IMO If you're going to get your dog fixed at all you should be doing the less invasive procedure with less risks. I like that it's a choice for people who would otherwise not get their animal fixed if they needed to, but it is by no means better than a traditional spay yet and you shouldn't be claiming it is when there is nearly no long term data on it. Right now it's a spay without any of the perks of a spay. You could just wait a year and get a less invasive procedure that would be more beneficial to the animals health than the spay that leaves ovaries intact.

>>2438197
This isn't Reddit, don't say /cringe and /sarcasm.
>>
>>2437493
Dude we had a whole fucking world war about this.

You aren't going to win this argument with a can of fucking mace.
>>
>>2438215
Dogs don't live long enough for cancer to ever become a detrimental threat to them unless its a passed on through genetics.
>>
>>2438217
How is that refuting anything? Or is it just a fun fact?
>>
>>2437322
You idiot he is saying eunuchs existed in the past and did not die of issues relating to castration nor have shorter lifespans as some poster implied above. Not saying eunuchs are okay and he approves of the practice.
>>
>>2437361
The guy is full of shit, I grew up in rural Alabama and there aren't packs of strays wandering the countryside, and vets encouraged spaying and neutering. Any dogs that wandered were owned, and were caught by animal control after complaints.

Also, some aspects of all societies are backwards. I've been to a developing country and was thankful for what I had in Alabama compared to Dehli.
>>2438217
Don't spout off crap you cannot back up
http://www.cwhn.ca/en/node/39387
http://thebark.com/content/one-four-dogs-will-develop-cancer
>>
>>2438215
>Ovary intact spaying leaves all the negatives of having ovaries like mammary cancer
>didn't read any of the studies linked earlier
Cringe.

Also I didn't say /cringe I said... "Cringe."
Cringe.

>>2438224
>You idiot he is saying eunuchs existed in the past and did not die of issues relating to castration nor have shorter lifespans as some poster implied above.
>didn't read the studies
Cringe
>>
>>2438270
You mean the study one anon linked saying eunches live longer than dudes with their balls?
>>
>>2438279
>>2436255
>>
>>2438300
The study that showed inbred purebred rotties are unhealthy. But that isn't news and that isn't relevant.
>>
>>2438270
Was there studies showing that spaying doesn't decrease mammary cancer or increases mammary cancer? If so you'll have to repost because I can't seem to find that.
>>
>>2438482
not the person you replied to but
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1939-1676.2008.0133.x/pdf
>>
Its funny vets don't seem to be pushing vasectomies or anything like that which would probably be a better practice.
>>
My dog is my friend, I wouldnt cut a friends balls off, I dont know why anyone would
>>
>>2436052
It's actually progressive SJWs who I've noticed are very partial towards neutering and spaying.
>>
>>2438794
It's a more invasive surgery that's more expensive and more likely to result in issues under the knife. That's probably why. Zeutering would be a safer option. Then again I don't see vets pushing fixing at all besides 'you're dog is old enough to get fixed'.

>>2438972
Green wiccans, hippies and MEGA PETA do not like to alter their animals in any way because it is not natural, it has nothing to do about SJWs
>>
>>2436116
Not vaccinating a child is a danger to public health. It's a violation of the social contract and if you won't protect yourself, your family, and others from preventable but life-threatening disease, you don't deserve to participate in society.

If you're going to live on an isolated island for the rest of your life and never set foot off it, then by all means never get a vaccination. While you exist around other human beings, get the fucking shot and shut the fuck up or get your face caved in by MRSAs like you deserve.
>>
>>2436255
>you can get her castrated
>her
>castrated

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about desu
>>
>>2438999
Nah I just didn't want to put the effort into typing "hysterectomy" when "castration" is just so much easier to type and anyone with a modicum of intelligence will understand my meaning
>>
>>2439027
Nobody posting "hysterectomy and castration are obviously the same thing lol" is in any place to be maligning others for a lack of intelligence.
>>
File: WP_20170407_001.jpg (256KB, 1167x656px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170407_001.jpg
256KB, 1167x656px
does my dog trigger you, neuterfags?
>>
>>2439027
just say "fixed" or "spayed"
>>
>>2438300
Rotties are human eunuchs? Interesting.
>>
File: your shit is all retarded.jpg (39KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
your shit is all retarded.jpg
39KB, 490x350px
>>2436520
That's my responsibility, Anon.
>>
>>2439158
>"fixed"
How about broken?

>>2439159
uh... why were you bringing up eunuchs as if they have anything to do with a non-human's health then... I mean... that's the topic of this thread. And in a general sense, the whole board is about non-human animals, so...

>>2439068
Semantics
>>
Why don't you guys just accept the fact that you've mutilated your dog's genitals because you are gullible and believed your vet when they said "you must do this, or your pet will die, don't worry, there is NO negative effects from removing your pet's sex organs which have a massive effect on hormonal balance, and in turn effect their psyche negatively, I swear my research wasn't from the 1930s with severely limited and inherently biased research. I this veterinary clinic has NO INCENTIVE to make money. By the way, if you are responsible and don't let your dog run off, and don't keep him in a poorly fenced yard, he WILL get bitches pregnant. IT's called Science. If a bitch is in heat, they can get over a 6ft privacy fence easily, and then leave after like it was no issue. Also, you keep your dog inside? Ever heard of doors? A dog can pick a lock in minutes. Again, this is veterinary SCIENCE, up to date, this research is from the 1930s, I haven't looked at any textbook or new studies in over a decade, but this is all true stuff from the 30s, just let me perform genital mutilation already I swear only good can come of this! Nothing I do has any negative effects!" I mean seriously, you could've done worse things. Just don't make un-informed decisions in the future
>>
>>2438972
yes but they usually neuter themselves, not their dogs
>>
This practice is absurd. It is illegal to neuter a healthy dog here in the civilised world.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.