[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injured beebro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0055.jpg (875KB, 2242x2787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
875KB, 2242x2787px
Hey /an/ons, I need some advice. This bee got into my house and seemed like it was dying. After seeing it still alive after a couple of hours, i thought it might recover and gave it some sugar water, which it drank quite a bit of.

It definitely regained vitality, but it seems unable to fly. It's walking around and buzzing, but when it tries to fly it just rolls on its back.
The wings seem alright to me but I'm not sure.

You think my bee friend has got a chance? I'm letting it rest right now in an open box.
>>
>>2435709
Maybe beebro stung somebody in a valiant attempt to defend his hive. You are kind to give him comfort in his last hours, anon.
>>
omg op TAKE IT TO A VET. jesus christ how many times do i have to tell you guys...
>>
>>2435709
The wings look pretty bent and broken to me, OP. Even if it managed to crawl its way back to the hive, it would be pretty useless as a worker.
It's actually quite tragic.
>>
>>2435709
>>2435711
>>2435741
It's one fucking bee. Who the fuck cares. The life of a single bee is literally disposable.
>>
>>2435747
Bees are cute bugs, and ecologically very useful.
>>
>>2435749
but they sting me if i accidentally go too close to their nest that they placed on my property without permission so they can fuck off
>>
>>2435761
Maybe you failed to define the borders of your property and got too close to their established property. Stop violating the NAP, you filthy communist.
>>
>>2435709
bees work themself to death within a few weeks after reaching maturity, so it's probably that.

>>2435761
bees aren't agressive, you mong. the literal only way to get stung is to step on them barefoot.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (21KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
21KB, 500x281px
>>2435747
t. pic related
>>
File: 1499803698768.jpg (173KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1499803698768.jpg
173KB, 625x505px
I keep bees OP

That be is not healthy if it is the one in the pic.

If it is just squirming around on the ground and can't fly and it looks like that then it got into something toxic. Could also have a trachea mite infection on top of it.

Now you know why beekeepers hate people who spray their entire yard with roundup and pesticides and shit, sometimes this happens to hundreds of bees in a hive at a time and there is nothing you can do for them but hope they don't go back to where they found the poison. Then you get to watch them, by the hundreds and sometimes thousands, crawl out of their hive and writhe in agony while they all die slowly or are eaten by opportunistic predators.

Best course of action is to just put her down OP, she is just going to suffer and she won't get better. Her life is already over and now she's just a prisoner in her own body which won't stop hurting, just put her into some ice cold water for a few minutes, it's fairly painless to them.

It's sad but she'd thank you for it if she understood.
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (1MB, 2590x2189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
1MB, 2590x2189px
>>2436492
Damn, that's depressing.
Well, beebro has passed, but I will always remember him. I asked around and was told he was a drone (of xylocopa olivieri), so I guess those don't live much anyway.

Good night sweet prince.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.