[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Win loterry, kill every species

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

He win lottery,
Start killing every species for fun

Can 4chan stop him ?

https://www.instagram.com/nealwanless/?hl=fr
>>
>>2434597
no he kill 4chan too
>>
>>2434597
>Can 4chan stop him ?
Why?
>>
>>2434600
Isn't it bad ?

He killed pumbaa
>>
>>2434601
>isn't it bad?
Poaching is bad
Killing wild animals and leaving them to rot is bad
This man has done neither of these things. You don't have to agree with sport hunting, but one can argue that it's existence can be beneficial. If the man has paid for all the proper permits and licenses, and the hunt was carried out legally and humanely, then there is really nothing that should be said.
Your efforts would be better directed at the illegal poaching trade, and the barbaric culture that supports and finances it.
>>
>>2434597
I'll never understand this shitty ass backwards fucking logic. What the hell is the difference between hunting in Africa and hunting anywhere else?

What, just because it's in Africa it's magically more special than all the other animals in the world? An African meerkat's life is more valuable than an American groundhog's life? A giraffe's life is more valuable than an American bison's life? An African warthog's life is more valuable than an American pig's life?

Do you idiots really believe that the local indigenous populations don't hunt down and kill these animals every single god damn day? What, hunting is only evil if it's a white man doing it?

>>2434604
Another thing that I never see mentioned is that the best part about LEGAL hunting, via permits and such, is that the meat never goes to waste. As soon as the hunter is finished with taking their pictures their tour guide or whoever calls in the locals and they come and process up the carcass and take it home with them. The meat goes straight to the dinner tables of the local villagers.

So you're not only funding Wildlife preservation efforts, but you're also feeding starving African children.
>>
File: huh.jpg (17KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
17KB, 480x368px
>>2434597
So what? Nothing in the world is lost. Either the remains are eaten by humans or by wildlife, and nothing changes either way. Its just a transferal of energy. Its fine as long as the animals aren't endangered and he's doing it legally and humanely.
>>
>all these logical replies to an obvious appeal to emotion, and baseless claim of animal abuse.
Today, /an/ was not a faggot
>>
>>2434604
>then there is really nothing that should be said.
It glorifies the act of killing animals which produces a market for it which may not always be totally above ground.
I'm not saying there's never a good time for hunting, I'm saying there are other consideration besides which animals might need to be culled.
>>
>>2434687
I don't understand hunting at all unless there's a significant element of danger in killing the animal. Trophy pictures aren't impressive when hunting is as safe for the hunter as going to the supermarket to purchase produce.
>>
>>2434706
Some of that energy is lost.
He should be focusing on recreational activities that don't accelerate the heat death of our universe.
>>
>>2434706
>Its fine as long as the animals aren't endangered
If everyone prefers hunting bucks with impressive antlers, there's going to be some selection pressure against that trait. It's why Crocs are smaller than they used to be in much of the world.
>>
>>2434597
Doesn't that money goes to helping animal conservation? Like how they auction off kills which cost $100k+ and kill animals that need culled to control the population on reservations and the money goes to the reservation to help them care for the animals.
>>
>>2434771

it's fun, like fishing.

Also if you've never been shooting before, it is hard to hit stuff, especially moving targets.
>>
>>2434687
You're either ignorant of the fact that people tend to care more about African animals more because they are much more exotic and diverse than where most people live, or you are just stupid.
People care about African animals like Giraffes, Zebras, Rhino's, etc., because if you kill them in Africa, you are wiping out their entire population.
Also, Africa almost has a monopoly on large, diverse, wildlife (key word there is almost, before you piss yourself pointing out there are elephants in Asia). People want these large beasts to continue to thrive for the reason I gave earlier, if you eliminate them in Africa you aren't going to have such a diverse spread of large animals in the world.
No one gives a shit about meerkats or groundhogs because they're either small or there are similar species fucking everywhere.
>>
File: 1490455860337.jpg (10KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
1490455860337.jpg
10KB, 274x274px
>scums like this wins the lottery
>I don't
>>
>>2434597
>Start killing every species for fun
Should be interesting when he gets to humans on his list
>>
The only thing he did wrong is use a crossbow.
>>
The animals he killed were bred and raised with the intention of being hunted by someone like him.

Counterintuitively, the more hunters like him, the more animals there will be -- it is the same logic that by eating more chicken, more chicken will be bred.

Of course, you need to make a value judgement, is it better that 1) these animals lived quite a normal life on the huge wildlife-like farm, but were shot, or 2) would not be born otherwise.

The higher demand there is for an animal, the more there will be - unless there are restriction towards increasing their supply, so though this concept applies to chicken and antilopes, it won't apply to CITES animals, which is why they do keep being rare.
>>
>>2434767
>it glorifies the act
not really. you're either into it or you're not.
>>
>>2434601
Oh no he killed one wild pig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ss6gCPNs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_F1YevSy7I

Before someone responds with but Africa!! conservation status for Common Warthog is Least Concern.

>>2434767
If it increases the market for legal sport hunting then good because for a lot of the countries that's a major source of of their conservation budget which goes a long way of combating actual poaching which is done for completely different reasons and with completely different methods.
>>
>>2434601
That pig looked depressed. I'm sure it would have off'd itself anyway.
>>
>>2434597
No. I want to join him.

Reported for requesting a raid btw which is against the global rules :^)
>>
>>2434597
>>2434601
It makes me more mad that sport hunters always (or most times) take the effort of making their kills bigger than they are by the use of cheap camera angles.
>>
>>2434604
Proper African hunting happens in Nambia. Zimbabwe and South Africa are very secretive about where the money to those permits go to. probably to line some niggers pockets
>>
>>2435255
whew that first one was brutal
>>
Only retards are against trophy hunting.

>ITS MORALLY WRONG
>IT GLORIFIES KILLING BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS
>ITS A WAY FOR RICH DENTISTS TO FEEL MASCULINE AND THATS IT
Answer me one simple question, fuckos: Who would raise these animals in Africa if they weren't legal to hunt?

Do you honestly think that these land owners would spend any amount of time raising these animals if it didn't produce any money for them? They'd switch to raising cattle in a fucking day and forget about preserving animal species. Photosafaris produce only a fraction of the money, and trophy hunters specifically want older and more mature animals, so the land owners are given a market incentive to raise animals until they have lived a long life.

Look up what happened in Kenyah after they banned trophy hunting.

>Go to Africa to shoot Greater Kudu when I was younger
>family spends $3000 on trophy fee for just the one Kudu, among many other animals
>percentage of fees goes towards conservation
>Get to know the Professional Hunter(PH)/Land owner
>He says he wants me to shoot his largest Kudu for him, much larger than all the other bulls
>ask him why he's giving me the honor of doing so
>"I've seen this Kudu raised since its birth. He's been living on my property for many years, but he's getting old. Within another year or so, his teeth will begin to grind down and he will starve to death. Its better that you shoot him now."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVTmt1pa7xI

t. someone who was very fortunate when he was younger and hunted plains game in South Africa
>>
>>2437292
Fisherman do the same, pretty much everybody does it with everything relative to the item.
Like dicks.
>>
>>2437804
We had an old whitetail doe that died like that, slowly starved until winter took her.
>>
>>2437804
>killing animals for fun

Regardless of how you justify it to yourself, you're still deranged. Hunting for food is understandable, but the people who do it for fun are completely fucked in the head.
>>
>>2434597
Not your personal army.

Also hunters are absolutely needed for conservation and trophy hunts provide parks with enormous sums of cash.
>>
>>2437804
Basically this. Legal big game hunting literally does more good for the animals being hunted than bad.
>>
>>2434776
>If everyone prefers hunting bucks with impressive antlers, there's going to be some selection pressure against that trait.

Fuck, I never thought about this.

This basically means that my grand-children will never be able to enjoy seeing a buck with impressive antlers because all these faggot hunters already had killed them before they can even reproduce and thus pass their beautiful traits.

wtf? I am against hunting now.
>>
>>2437883
Congrats on not responding to a single argument I made.
>Muh feelings
Kill yourself. People like you are the reason that Kenyahs wildlife population dropped so much during the 80s, 90s and 00s.

Your reasoning for your moral superiority has no basis in reality. You don't give a shit about those animals, you'd support trophy trophy hunting if you did.
>>
>>2434597

What is injecting money into countries with piss-poor economies for $200, Alex.
>>
>>2434863

What are boom and bust cycles for $200, Alex. Please don't breed.
>>
>>2438082
I'm not trying to refute your arguments. I understand that the revenue can be useful for conservation efforts. What bothers me is that there are sick fucks out there that actually find enjoyment in killing animals for fun.

If you people really care so much about the animals and their conservation, why don't you just visit the parks and donate money, rather than paying for the opportunity to kill them? I guess then you wouldn't get to feel like a big tough guy by going out and killing something that has no chance of defending itself.

Face it dumbass, you're showing one of the hallmarks of psychopathy.
>>
>>2438102
So people that enjoy hunting deer and duck are psychopaths? Jesus Christ, anon.
>I understand the benefits of trophy hunting for wildlife conservation.
>if you trophy hunt you have psychopathic tendencies.
Brilliant, so support trophy hunting but not trophy hunters?

Shooting a springbok is no different than shooting a pronghorn or a deer, but antelopes in Africa look nice so that makes me a psychopath.
>>
>>2434597
>>2434601
Why he looks like he is going to shit or constipated in his pictures?
>>
>>2438114
>So people that enjoy hunting deer and duck are psychopaths?

Yes, they are. Except that they kill animals, not people like us and guess what, if it's also legal to hunt people for fun, these guys would be really more thrilled.

I'm not saying it is immoral to hunt. Hunt when it's only needed like for consumption, survival and self-defense. Not randomly shooting animals for fun. If you can't do that then why not start hunting your family members? I bet that would be really "fun" for you.
>>
>>2438114
It's not getting through to you, is it? I support giving money to conservation efforts. I don't support killing things for fun and then using the conservation money as justification for your own sadism. It's easy to just donate money to conservation efforts, but trophy hunters will only give money if they are provided with the "service" of being allowed to kill something.

And when did I say that killing any animals for fun, regardless of where they come from, is good? The reason that I think hunting for food is okay is because there are a shit ton of ethical issues associated with things like factory farming. By hunting your own food, you are at least giving animals a chance to live decent lives in the wild before they are killed, and you're not supporting factory farms.

However, if you derive pleasure from killing animals, regardless of whether you're eating them or using them as trophies, then you're probably fucked in the head. That's what I am saying.
>>
>>2438120
>why can't people just donate money to animal conservation
Because they won't do that?

Do you know how many ranches there are over there? They money from donations and photo safaris isn't enough to keep them going. They'd stop raising wildlife and switch to cattle, animal populations would plummet.
Your idea is too idealistic, it's impossible. If nobody trophy hunted then those animals wouldn't exist. I ate some of every animal that I shot while in South Africa, the rest was sold to the black locals or given to the workers on the ranch. They don't just fucking throw it away, it's all used for something. It's the same as Elk or Moose or any other hooved animal in North America.

>if you enjoy the sport of hunting, you're fucked up.
That's why I said you think deer hunters are fucked up (if you're the same anon I'm replying to). The majority enjoy hunting, not killing, but you think the two are one in the same. I don't enjoy killing, I enjoy the sport of hunting, it's why most hunters think canned hunts are so fucked up and stupid.

You think hunting for food is ok? Great, I hunted for food, the same as most deer hunters do.
>>
>>2438099
>explains why people care about large animals
>makes a smarky remark about something irrelevant to the post
I'm guessing you don't have many friends anon?
>>
>>2438125
>Because they won't do that?

Exactly. If the people who partake in trophy hunts are unwilling to donate money without being given the opportunity to kill something, then it's pretty clear that they never really cared about the animals in the first place. All they want is to get a kill, and they're lying when they say that they do it for conservation purposes.

Perhaps you're right about it being unrealistic to assume that people would donate the same amount of money if they weren't being allowed to hunt the animals, but I think that's pretty sad. It reflects on how much these people really care about conservation versus indulging their own fantasies about killing things.

>I don't enjoy killing, I enjoy the sport of hunting

That's like saying "I don't enjoy batting, I just enjoy the sport of baseball". It's an inseparable part of the sport. The whole goal of hunting is killing. Without that, then you're just sitting around outside with a gun. And if that's all you want to do, then you might as well just not shoot anything anyways.
>>
>>2438130
You're just too disconnected from reality. Look, you don't have to like hunters. You can think I'm a huge piece of shit because I enjoyed walking 30mi to shoot some big horned cow that was about to starve to death, and because my family has give more money to wildlife conservation to shoot a big cow than you ever will. You can think that all you want.

Without trophy hunting, many of these animals will go extinct from poaching.

I get where youre coming from, I really do. Personally, I would never shoot a giraffe, or rhino or an elephant. It's just not something that I find appealing for a bunch of reasons, their intelligence or lack of sport being some of the main ones. Still, I 100% support trophy hunters that don't have the same reservations as I, because they are one of the driving factors for keeping these animals alive.

How much money have you given to wildlife conservation in a country you've never been to? Most people that go there only do so after they we saved up the money, most aren't hyper rich billionaires. Do you practice what you preach?
>>
>>2437905
no it doesn't. Theres a double edge to it. Most hunters want trophy pieces so they take all the good genes and leave the shit genes. The shit genes than pass on their DNA to the next generation and eventually whats left is recessive garbage.
>>
>>2438151
For many animal species, the animals shot are old bulls that don't breed much but prevent the younger ones from breeding. Killing them actually improves the gene pool and allows more animals to mate.

Or they're about to die from old age, so they're instead sold to trophy hunters like >>2437804

The more impressive males that are shot have already lived long lives, they've already been given more than enough time to breed.
>>
>>2438142
I don't have a lot of money right now. I'm in the process of getting a degree. My parents aren't rich either, but I know that they have donated money on a regular basis to conservation efforts for as long as i can remember. When I can, I'll give money.

But I don't think I'll ever change my opinion the idea of hunting for fun. I strongly question the sincerity of people who claim to be into trophy hunting simply because the money goes to a good cause.
>>
>>2438177
They want to hunt
They want to do it legally

All other motivation is meaningless, their actions are the main reason that many species are thriving today.

Their sincerity is meaningless.
>>
>>2434706
everything in Africa is endangered. [spoiler]except niggers sadly[/spoiler]
>>
>>2438199
ah me and my obsession with spoilers...
>>
>>2438177
>>2438130
>>2438118
you really think that is the one and SOLE reason to spend all that money to go to africa for a hunting trip? There is far more to hunting then just going out and killing. It's like an adventure, an experience. You get to also see a region of the world few people you know see. You are looking at this with such a narrow and extremely prejudiced mindset.

>>2438151
That anon already mentioned most of the issues, but another one is when people pay to hunt the more exotic big game, they don't always get to make a kill. They are going to be willing take even smaller animals, it makes no difference to them as long as they had the chance to make the shot.

but that other anon makes a great point as to why I don't undertstand concepts like >>2434776 claims for crocs. Do you know how long it takes to become so big the animal is a prime target? It already mated numerous times in it's very long life. We really should encourage only going for the biggest and oldest animals, allows the young animals to grow and progress.
>>
>>2438252
I think people can afford to be prejudiced when the action in question involves killing another being for a thrill.

If hunting isn't about killing things, then why not just go outside and take pictures of animals or some shit? You want an adventure? Fine, go travel the world and go on hikes or whatever. But don't force something else to suffer for your entertainment.
>>
>>2438252
This is accurate, actually shooting was a very small percentage of my trip to South Africa. Just getting to walk around the bush, climbing up rocky hills with a rifle, knowing that there's a nuisance leopard on the property that we had seen from tracks over our old footprints. It was is an amazing experience.
>>
>>2438288
So it's better that the animal starve to death than someone kill it for sport.
>>
>>2438295
In the wild, you don't see many things starving to death. The old and the weak get picked off by other predators (and by predators, I mean things like lions, hyenas, leopards, etc that need the food to survive, not game hunters). That's how an ecosystem sustains itself.

And even if an animal ends up in a position where it's can no longer feed itself, and nothing else hunts it, then it seems reasonable that a park ranger could put it down.

Yes, the act of "selling" hunts to rich people generates revenue for conservation. But the fact that there are people who will pay for the opportunity to go out and inflict pain and death on something just because it's going to die eventually anyway is disturbing. It's like if you donated money to cancer research and they let you kill a terminally ill patient
>>
>>2438308
Some terminally ill people would prefer a quick death like that than the slow progression of their illnesses
>>
>>2437883
>deranged
Naw, they're just too fat and lazy to participate in any real sport. The same reason people join "non sports" like bowling.
>>
>>2438308
my father hunted for livelihood, his father before him and so on. I am lucky to be able to go out and be the first in the family to get a college education, I don't need hunting in my life but I won't ruin the experience for others. You understand NOTHING of the world. The system works, and it's been proven that removing the system kills the ecosystem. People like you kill animals en masse with ignorance, hunters kill ONE at a time with hard won knowledge of the natural world.
>>
>>2438491
I see that degree isn't doing you too much good. Why don't you actually fucking read my arguments, retard?

I, and other people, have said, like 5 times already in this thread, that we support hunting for sustenance. Hunting is not inherently bad. But people who enjoy the experience of killing things are acting on some fucked up urges, and should seriously get help.

>People like you kill animals en masse with ignorance, hunters kill ONE at a time with hard won knowledge of the natural world

I guess growing up in a rural area and majoring in ecology in university didn't teach me shit about nature. I should have gone out with my fatass dad and shot up some animals for fun like you. Bet that would have given me an invaluable understanding of how natural systems work, and prevented me from "killing animals en masse" somehow
>>
>>2437883
Oh look, a literal retard who anthromorphizes animals.

As a vegetarian, you are the worst type of person.

You know why? Because you added the "MUH FOOD" clause. You probably eat thousands of animals a year who live in hellish conditions and get mad when one man shoots one animal. You are a hypocrite of the worst order.
>>
>>2438151
What a fucking idiot. They don't kill them before breeding age.
>>
>>2438515
The majority of hunters don't hunt for sustenance you dingus
>>
>>2438524
Oh look, a literal retard who make assumptions about things that were never discussed

I'm a vegetarian too. When the hell did I say that I eat meat?
>>
File: IMG_0309.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>2438515
>ecology

HAHAHAHA were you too stupid for a real biology degree? Holy shit hahahaha you should have just majored in psychology or some other pseudoscience.

t. the vegetarian and bio major who thinks you're a moron
>>
>>2438540
You know what a double major is, no? Ecology and Molecular Genetics were my majors. I took ecology for interest. I'm doing my masters in genetics now.
>>
File: 12345143612F.gif (552KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
12345143612F.gif
552KB, 245x150px
>>2438546
>masters in a hard science
#NeverGonnaMakeIt
>>
>>2438537
>I'm a vegetarian

So you let cows and chickens live in literal hell as living factories to produce your precious animal products because you're too much of a pussy to be an actual vegan, yet you get mad at someone for shooting an animal?

Google what happens to male chicks. You're sick in the head if you think this is acceptable because of "muh eggs".
>>
>>2438551
That nigger probably thinks that macerators are just a necessity, but if you ENJOY maceration of chicks that's where it gets immoral.

He's a fucking retard that doesn't know anything but >muh feels
>>
>>2438546
>I'm getting two degrees in macro and micro biology instead of just majoring in bio

Lmao, waste your own time anon.
>>
>>2438556
DESU, I don't care lmao, I'm just b8ing him at this point.

He's going to respond to that post before seeing this one though.
>>
>>2438559
No. I've explained my point of view, and we've moved way past the original topic. I apologize if I got more aggressive than I needed to.
>>
>>2438568
It's fine. Have a good evening.
>>
>>2438579
You too, anon
>>
>>2438515
>These people practicing in an generations old way of life and actually enjoying it are psychopathic savages, unlike I, who knows proper civilized ways of life with my information in vegetable, animal, and mineral, and knowing the scientific names of beings animalculous.
>>
I'm really disappointed with what I read.

I thought A&N was frequented by people who love animals. And as a result, it was natural that A&N would defend animals hunting by a sniper for fun (Fun or eat it's same). But I realize that you are all psycopaths.

With this kind of mentality, this /an/ would disappear in 15 years like all animals diversities.

-> 'They are animals raized for be killed'
It's a stupid answer because :
1) it's cruaty, psycopaths.
2) They fuck up natural environnement to make it a park for 'legal' hunting.
>>
>>2438102
you know theres more to hunting than just the killing part right? thats like saying people who fish are insane because they like killing them. i want to eat them and enjoy catching them, so killings part of that. likewise stalking/tracking game is enjoyable, even if you hunt from a blind sitting in nature and waiting for an animal is nice. not too mention must camps have a pretty good atmosphere, drinking eith the guys seapping stories playing cards ect. imagine hiking/camping/nature watching but you get a freezer full of meat at the end. getting a clesn kill gives you an adrenaline rush just like catching a rivermonster does, nobody goes out just for the killing part
>>
>>2434597
I hope he gets gored by one of his hunts
>>
>>2434597
>>2434601
these look delicious. would they be?
>>
>>2440640
Greater Kudu tastes good, I liked Black Wildebeest more though.

Ostrich and Springbok are good too, you can find ostrich in the states pretty easily.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.