[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is any of you a forest ranger or a zoologist? i would like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1462120117202910971.jpg (80KB, 728x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462120117202910971.jpg
80KB, 728x800px
is any of you a forest ranger or a zoologist? i would like to become one of these
>>
>>2433891
lol good luck lol
>>
>>2433891
Well your shitty grammar means you'd fit right in. I live next to a national park. Lots of easy jobs to get there. I'd get a job there first and put that on my resume. Don't know what qualifications or certs you'd need to do what you specifically want.
>>
>>2433896
>Well your shitty grammar means you'd fit right in. I live next to a national park. Lots of easy jobs to get there. I'd get a job there first and put that on my resume. Don't know what qualifications or certs you'd need to do what you specifically want.
im not native english speaker unfortunately but i would like to emigrate to english speaking country
i would like to live in a lodge and bear arms and conduct field research and get money for it, i can also be a guide for turists
>>
>>2433891
Good luck getting a forest ranger job in the US if you aren't ex-military.
>>
>>2433891
>lumping forest rangers with zoologists

I think you have a very wrong idea of what zoologists do. Hint: It's not parading through the wilderness discovering untold riches and writing long winded diary entries about new plants and animals.
>>
>>2433906
i would have to get a visa to usa so my chances to get to the land of the free are low
>>
>>2433908
so what does zoologist do?
>>
>>2433955
Forest rangers enforce some aspect of forest rules.

Park rangers may do what forest rangers do, or act a bit like an interpretive guide.

Zoologists are scientists who study animals.
>>
>>2433955
zoologists are biologists that specialize in animals, often in their masters study
>>
>>2433955
Fill out forms to get grants
>>
>>2433891
I don't think it's possible to become a fox anon
>>
>>2435009
fuck off
>>
>>2433955
That's what I'd like to know

>have zoology degree
>still don't know what to do with it

There are no "zoology" jobs listed anywhere I look.
>>
File: 1493940031267.jpg (12KB, 307x228px) Image search: [Google]
1493940031267.jpg
12KB, 307x228px
>>2436232
>gets a degree
>doesn't know what his options are
Bro come on, when I got my Biology degree I knew I was either going to med school, professor route or homelessness.
>>
File: 1441000249399.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1441000249399.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>2435009
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
>>
>>2433891
I worked a summer job doing park maintenance at a county park. Most of the guys that went to college had degrees in things like agriculture and the rest just had a ton of maintenance experience. Not quite what you're looking for, but I hope it helps
>>
>>2436236
My sister got her bachelors and then doctorate in biology and does research at a uni now. Once her grant is up, she is looking to get into the commercial side of this like working in a lab for some company. Don't really know what that means though
>>
>>2436236
I don't care about medical stuff so that was never a consideration for me, that's why I picked animals. Only they don't tell you upfront that animal jobs either don't exist or are just based around shoveling poo at a zoo.
>>
>>2436236
>med school, professor route or homelessness.
I use mine to be a mailman
>>
>>2437625
I work with a zoologist that's a lab tech at a water treatment plant. That's another pretty common job for zoology grads.
>>
>>2437625
What about a zookeeper?
>>
>>2437714
Those jobs are extremely hard to get and usually have ridiculous requirements like "10 years experience with elephants" that you can only get by volunteering for 10 years. Most "zookeepers" are just janitors that clean up the animal mess anyway.
>>
What other possible jobs are there where I get to be near and observe animals?
>>
>>2437903
These days there are more zoology related jobs than there used to be. They're not all professor-type jobs either.

Most sorts of development that require an environmental impact assessment will hire a consulting firm to do field work to measure whatever needs measuring. The consulting firm then needs employees with a biology background to do the fieldwork.

Lots of large private properties are hiring wildlife or habitat managers.

Some airports hire teams to keep birds away from runways.

Places with ecotourism need guides to show the tourists the neat stuff they want to see.

And really, any job that takes place outdoors offers opportunities to see animals.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.