[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody abandoned kittens at my place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Based on the sites I consulted (https://www.alleycat.org/resources/kitten-progression/ & http://www.boutiquekittens.com/Kitten-Development.206.0.html) they would be newborns. The second page shows them with their eyes open on week two, but these don't even have their eyes open yet (I will post a picture from my phone on next post). I have cats and I have taken care of kittens before, but only when I had their mother too; the only time we tried to take care of orphans (they were like a few weeks old when abandoned) they ended up dying because of a skin disease. The thing is that I have these kitten-feeding bottles and I don't have kitten milk right now but I'm trying to feed them lactose-free milk, however, they don't seem to recognize the feeding bottle. I have made sure the kittens are warm, the milk is lukewarm, and the holes in the bottles are big enough; but they won't suck on the bottles. I think they might be hungry because they were awake for a couple minutes and three of them were licking each other's faces (I guess looking to suck on the mom?), but even when I put the tip of the feeding bottle inside their mouths they wouldn't start sucking. I squeezed the bottle and dropped a drop of milk inside the white one's mouth and he/she licked it, but it didn't start sucking on the bottle anyway. I guess their survival chances are like 10-20% even if I take good care of them, but if they don't suck the bottle then it's GG right? Should I just look for a way to end them with mercy (How?), or how long will they take to starve? Right now I'm waiting a couple minutes to see if they get really hungry, but it seems like they fell asleep again after yelling for a few minutes. I'll post pics from my phone in the next posts.
>>
File: IMG_20170717_091036.jpg (448KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_091036.jpg
448KB, 2048x1536px
>>2433010
The other one is out of frame, sleeping too.
>>
File: IMG_20170717_091206.jpg (638KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_091206.jpg
638KB, 2048x1536px
>>2433010
These are the bottles.
>>
They were found roughly 4 and a half hours ago, so even if the mother fed them right before, they should be pretty hungry. However they're all asleep right now, are they dying already?
>>
Take them to a vet, please
>>
>>2433025
Nah. I don't wanna take away the small survival chance they have left. I wanna give it a hard try before deciding to kill them. And even if that was the case, I wouldn't pay a vet just for that; I'm sure I could find a way to do it myself and make it quick. All I need is to figure out how to make them suck on the bottle; hopefully they will wake up hungry sometime soon.
>>
>>2433031
A vet or shelter will take them. Say some asshole just dropped a bunch of kittens on you and make up a good excuse why you can't do it, such as you're leaving town or allergic.

There. Kittens live and you don't have to kill anything, intentionally or not.
>>
>>2433035
>A vet or shelter will take them.
No dude, no vet or shelter would take the responsibility of bottle feeding on short notice like that. It's not the same as if they were a couple months old and able to eat solid food. If I take them to the vet of course he will accept them and charge me, but it's implied that he will euthanize them.
>>
>>2433037
Instead of being paranoid, call them and ask. They have more resources than you and might know someone that can foster them.
>>
>>2433037
>no vet or shelter would take the responsibility of bottle feeding on short notice like that.

I have done it five times before. I am also assuming you are in the USA and not a third world shithole, though.
>>
>>2433010
Is no one going to touch on the fact that one of OPs resources is a breeders site on malnutrished teacup Persians?
>>
>>2433059
I got these sites from another site that used them as reference because allegedly they have good pictures that actually match the ages of the kittens. The site had a disclaimer saying that they do not endorse what those sites do, but they mentioned them because the info was good. I haven't even checked what those sites are about beyond the exact URLs I posted with the development pictures.
>>
Also, do they have like a defense mechanism that makes them stay real quiet even when they're hungry? Because what if they're actually starving and I can't tell?
>>
I made the holes bigger so that the milk would drip naturally, and I managed to get them to eat. Three of them got the hang of it real quick but the white one seems rather autistic and mostly ignored it. They're asleep for now and in the rest of the day I will figure out if the milk made them sick or if I accidentally filled their lungs with it. Also I licked their buttholes with a wet cotton and they all peed as I did, so that's got to mean that they aren't dehydrated right? If they don't die in the next few days, I've got the logistics of this pretty much figured out; it should only take like 240 minutes a day, based on my last session.
>>
>>2433010
The best thing to do would be to euthanize them, for their sake and the sake of the local ecosystem
>>
>>2433239
Or you could euthanize yourself, and save even more damage to humanity's genetic record.
>>
>>2433239
Nah dude they all learned how to eat, even the white autistic one. They've been asleep in a ball for almost two hours now and I guess I'll be feeding them again and rubbing their assholes with wet cotton in like an hour or something.
>>
>>2433303
By the way, they all still have their cords. They're dry and more like a stick shaped scab protruding from their abdomens, but yeah. So I guess they were born like yesterday or the day before that.
>>
>>2433010
If they don't suck the bottle just try this thing. It will be a little harder to feed them this way but maybe this will help
>>
They all have been eating, pissing, and sleeping just fine. Three of them are already shitting with me rubbing their asses with cotton, but the fourth one has never done it. I keep reading on the Internet that if they go a whole day without shitting they die, but some other sources say that as long as they're not bloated and are pissing fine, a day without shitting is fine. I read that you can use an anal thermometer and lube to make them go if rubbing them isn't enough, but I don't have an anal thermometer and I don't even know if cat thermometers are the same size as human thermometers. What household item can I insert just a bit in her anus to make her shit? I'm thinking of using cooking oil as lube.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.