[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have issues when walking their dog? >Weather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does anyone else have issues when walking their dog?
>Weather is getting good where I live
>Decide to start walking/jogging
>Thought it be a good idea to bring dog with me
>Walk for like 5 mins (sometimes not even a few blocks) and she'll just stop and refuse to go any further
>This has happened the last 3 times I've tried to take the dog with me

What could be the cause of this? I'm guessing something is spooking her? How would I go about stopping this? pic related she's a Yorkie if that means anything
>>
maybe she doesn't need that much exercise. do you drag her or let her walk at her own pace?
>>
How old is she?
>>
>>2432305
According to her previous owner, she's two years. Used to belong to our Aunt but she couldn't look after her after moving house. Her first owners were rough travelers who've from what I've heard: didn't treat her too well. Prob should of mentioned that in the original post.

>>2432271
She often stops to sniff things. For the most part I let her do this. I'll tug if she takes a long time (she can spend ages sniffing) but I won't drag her. Maybe it would be best then to just go walking myself? Kinda feel bad for leaving the dog at the house but I feel I won't get any decent exercise myself if I keep bringing her.
>>
>>2432317
All dogs love to walk and explore. It looks like she was never taught how to be lead by a person. You've just gotta train her to follow you by finding her favorite thing (a food or toy she absolutely loves) and bring it along as a reward for coming to you when you call her. Look up training "heel" for more tips. No dog should be stuck at home-- it makes them neurotic and fat.
>>
Does she seem scared to go any further? My old dogs made it clear when they were tired but at two years she should be well able to go far. Only tiny dog I ever owned was a minpin and she lived for long walks.

If she's been cooped up she just my not be familiar with more than a few blocks.
>>
Pick her up and let her walk back? I'd just make my dog go but that's me
>>
>>2432241
>Don't walk a dog all year
>Expect it to be able to keep up with you when you do decide to walk it
>Expect it to be well trained when you didn't train it

You need to work the dog up to walking/jogging your distance and pace slowly and also train the dog how to walk on a leash and heel
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.