[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to be the owner of a male Samoyed puppy soon. what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (33KB, 645x380px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
33KB, 645x380px
I am going to be the owner of a male Samoyed puppy soon.
what are some things i should prepare for and expect?
any advice from experienced samoyed owners would be appreciated.
>>
>>2431387
expect everything you own to be coated with fine white fuzz

I suggest buying covers for your glasses and dishes and to get into the habit of using them
>>
Get good at dog grooming. Shell out for some good brushes or get it groomed at a groomers.

I don't have one but I have an American eskimo. For the most part I gave up brushing mine and I pay someone else to do it these days since it's a losing battle. She lives to get as dirty as possible and after every walk I have to spend 40+ minutes picking bullshit out of her fur, especially in autumn if she managed to find something before I could pull her away.

Samoyeds are larger, therefore more fluff to deal with. I don't think their average shedding is bad but at least once a year they will shed hard. It's easily to just pull out, though. My groomer made a dog out of my dog though needle felting it.
>>
>>2431387
>what are some things i should prepare for and expect?

Lots of arooroorooing
>>
>>2431387
Lots of hair. Also hip issues when they get older.
>>
>>2431598
>>2431608
thanks for the input, I know I will have lots of grooming to do. I have plenty of free time fortunately
>>2431618
that's cool I like dogs with some vocalization, as long as they don't sound annoying as fuck that is.

does anyone know how samoyeds and budgies interact? I may want a budgie with my samoyed
>>
>>2431623
Don't let them interact. Not just Samoyeds but with any dog. It's not worth the risk. Even if it's gentle with it budgies are way too fragile.

Not sure about samoyed prey drives but I've always had other animals besides dogs. Budgies, cats, cockatiel, rats, fish, etc. My dogs never bothered with them. May sniff at the cage. Aside from cats and ferrets, I would never let my dogs near them if they were outside the cage or they weren't in my lap.

A budgie in a cage shouldn't be a problem but make sure the cage is sturdy or high enough where the dog isn't going to just knock it down. If it just sniff around the cage it's fine but you want to keep an eye out if it's too interested in it.
>>
Riccar vacuum is best vacuum.
>>
>>2431639
yeah, it's definitely risky

one of my robo hamsters escaped once during cage cleaning, and my yorkie 'found' it. :(
>>
>>2431684
rip :(
>>2431649
noted
>>2431639
thanks
>>
I have a Samoyed. Get used to living with a coat of white fluff on everything. It's impossible to get rid of it entirely. I just learnt to accept it.
But as fun as he is, it's the reason I won't get a Samoyed again.
>>
>>2432227
Why not?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.