[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FREE ROAM REPTILE ROOM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: img_4510.jpg (181KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
img_4510.jpg
181KB, 800x533px
This is amazing, what small/cheap-easy to care for lizards, snakes, and reptiles can I keep together in an ecosystem like this? (Asking for names of species because I'm an invert guy.)

https://youtu.be/20HFRaO5sBo

Even if its not an open roam, the ecosystem alone, its amazing to see so many different animals together, I thought theyd kill each other, again im not a scaly guy but Im not interested
>>
How does that not fuck up the room. Theres no way he cleans up all the shit and dead animals so its going to get rank. Not to mention theres crickets and shit everywhere.
>>
>>2430652
hes black, he didnt think that far ahead

also - hes black, he probably doesnt give a shit. probably a rental house too
>>
>cricket box doesn't have an internal box

I take it he got those from the local store and not in the mail. lol

I'd have my own cricket farm for something like this.

>having multiple species of herps in the same enclosure

Derp.

>>2430652
If I were to do this, I'd lay down a layer of Rubber roofing (EPDM single ply membrane). It is the kind used for flat roofs. I may put that on pallets so that the floor under it can breath and there won't be any moisture vapor problems.

I'd also have an air lock foyer for the room.
>>
>>2430688
go back to /pol/
>>
>>2430699
is it really that bad to have multiple herps? I'm OP
>>
>>2430036
At first I was all 'oh boy here we go' then looking at this, this guy has done some research it seems. the vast majority of what I am seeing is Anoles and Skinks, things that not only won't hunt each other but also are not as likely to compete with each other. Skinks are more ground loving while the anoles stay up higher for the most part. You might also be able to introduce some small geckos into the environment but that would need a good bit of research.

>>2430707
one of the problems with most enclosures and most multiple herps is not an appropriate space for them to not start attacking each other for territorial reasons. This guy has a very large amount of space and as far as I can tell, species where that risk is rather low. Anoles in particular are use to being around more anoles.

Personaly if I was ever going to do something like this I figured turtles and one species of lizard would potentially work. But I haven't done my research since afterall I know this is something I would never actually have the time or money to do.
>>
>>2430707
Yes. In another video he said that he saw the frog with one of the lizards in his mouth and had to save it. In such a room you can't even closely monitor them whether they show aggression towards others, signs of sickness, etc.

I mean, the room is nice and all, but it'd be way better to just focus on one species of something larger that you can properly check up on instead of dumping a bunch of lizards, snakes and frogs together.
>>
Yikes. I mean yes it's possible but this kind of thing is tough to pull off without it turning in to a battle royale dominant species takes all kinda situation. From the multi species habitats i have seen zoos do, it looks like tortoises or turtles as ground species + something almost exclusively arboreal that lives up in the foliage works best. Tortoises/turtles also work fine in an aviary with birbs.
>>
>>2430036
won't the humidity cause mold in the room?
>>
>>2430883
Not if there's good ventilation.
>>
>>2430747
turtles/tortoises really are the perfect addition to most enclosures for diversity.
>>
>>2430907
Turtles are incompatbile with most aquatic animals
>>
I just want to have some different species together and make a vivarium of some sort, im willing to go up to 70 gallons aquariums, I know its not much but what can I possibly put in there that will coexist peacefully?
>>
Pretty cool room desu, but I don't know enough about herps to assess whether it's okay for all those species to live together.
Cool video OP.
>>
>>2430912
Since you're mentioning you want to use an aquarium for this I'm going to assume you have no experience with herps.

Start with something simple, and start with just a species setup. Just caring for one species will already be enough for you, without having to worry about intraspecific relations. Also it will be a learning experience. With more experience you will either have a better starting point for a multi species setup, or (more like) you will start to see why multi species setups are usually bad and abandon that notion altogether.
>>
>>2430921
I meant tank in general, sorry, its habit to call it an aquarium when I refer to the size (which is in gallon), Ive had 2 aquariums, up to 5 tarantulas, 3 scorpions, and millipedes, which I keep in 10 gallon tanks but Ive never tried herps before. I was never interested until this video
>>
>>2430912
>what can I possibly put in there that will coexist peacefully?

Nothing. I mean you can do groups of same herp, like a colony of frogs, but it's too small for multiple-species.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.