[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has your pet ever done something really badass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: b09.png (463KB, 776x960px) Image search: [Google]
b09.png
463KB, 776x960px
>>
My small terrier mix dog would constantly kill snakes that got into the yard, some of them venomous. I nicknamed her Rikki-Tiki-Tavi because of that.
>>
i have a trickster for a dog
example:
he's a small miniature pinscher type thing who doesn't love the water. he once pretended to enjoy swimming so he could get us way far out from the shore, then turned around and bolted back to the beach and ate all the picnic food while we slowly ran back through the water yelling and trying to stop him
>>
>>2429795
One of my chickens killed a mouse by beating it on a rock and then swallowed it whole.
>>
>>2429872
fuuuck
>>
>>2429795
one time my dog found a pile of fresh animal shit while out walking and he didn't roll or try to roll in it. pretty badass. that was a good day!
>>
Every once in a while my gargoyle gecko will decide she wants to hunt like batman. By that i mean she will hang upside from here back feet above her water bowl and wait for crickets to wander by, at which point she stretches out just far enough to snap them up.

She's also the most shy of all my geckos but her bizarre hunting habits and sleep position choices make her by far the most interesting of the group.
>>
I had a chicken that would literally jump over the wall on my backyard to my neighbor's backyard. Like, she jumped from the ground, not even from a lower wall or from a tree's branch, and it's a tall wall.
>>
>>2429872

I think you just saw that GIF floating around /an/
>>
Besides hating black people and barking at them Every time he sees them, no.
>>
>>2429872
Shit, they're adapting. The emus were only the beginning...
>>
>>2429795
My Chihuahua is always calm and quiet.

I name him tank though, because whenever a stray cat enters my yard he fights the cats until they run away, and he always comes back all proud of himself.

One time he actually killed a small Tom which just fortified his position as my best dog.

And he loves cats, I own 2 so he isn't some crazy cat murderer, just hates strays.
>>
My grandad's rot-mix took a long stick and used his paws to knock a ball I tossed under his shed. Shit was surreal, and he didn't even look at me in the way dogs do when they want something.
>>
>>2429872
My chickens LOVE mice. If they manage to catch one, they'll rip their little organs out and mangle their corpses. They also like to kill snakes, lizards, and frogs in an equally disturbing manner. They're fucking vicious creatures.
>>
File: 1379608047638.gif (2MB, 352x263px) Image search: [Google]
1379608047638.gif
2MB, 352x263px
>>2429871
that's fucking hilarious
>>
I had a lizard who did saltos. probably unintentional:
He jumped towards things he saw outside the terrarium, hits the glass with his front legs, quickly reacts and jumps of the wall resulting in a salto.
It was awesome to watch though
>>
>>2429946
I have seen YouTube videos, I don't frequent /an/, I'm an occasional lurker at best.
>>2430030
No joke, chickens are vicious creatures.
>>
>>2430030
My chickens have been getting killed by something and I don't know what. I thought it was a feral cat, but I think it might be a person because one of my geese was killed recently too. 30 pound toulouse isn't going to get wrecked by a fucking cat. More importantly, it stole the eggs, whole eggs. I think homeless are stealing my fucking eggs. I'm putting up cameras as soon as they come in the mail.
>>
>>2430156
Would a coyote do that?
>>
File: 1478379584574.png (131KB, 767x501px) Image search: [Google]
1478379584574.png
131KB, 767x501px
disregard above wrong image will delete
>>
One time I got my cat excited and he ran on the wall like an anime character
>>
>>2429795
When I was a kid, I had a dumb as shit Beagle. Took fucking forever to learn anything. She was a good, obedient girl though.

Also she was strong as fuck. Way too strong for her size. Anyhow, one day this Dalmatian came into my yard out of nowhere, rushed at her. She ducked, he trips and slams into a wall. Without missing a beat, she jumps on him, bites his neck, and forces him to the ground while be flails and yelps.

Now not an autistic mess, I called the number on the collar and he got picked up.

So basically my beagle took down a dog twice her size that had the element of surprise on her.

>I miss you Chloe. You were a good girl.
>>
>>2430162
I have a 6 foot block wall in my back yard, I can't imagine a coyote scaling it. We have coyotes in my area, but I simply can't imagine it taking 7 trips for 7 fucking goose eggs.
>>
File: ocr-l-coytoe-jump.png (3KB, 522x127px) Image search: [Google]
ocr-l-coytoe-jump.png
3KB, 522x127px
>>2430229
I've seen coyotes clear 5 foot fences with little effort
I bet they could clear 6 feet but for eggs, I'm not sure if they'd bother
According to this they can do 8 feet but idk
Homeless are just as likely
>>
>>2430156
Badgers, foxes, raccoons, pine martens, or maybe coyotes, rats...

Tons of animals love chickens, or eggs

Goose, maybe badger, coyote or fox.
>>
>>2430156
coyotes
>>
>take puppy to neighborhood dog park
>occasionally shitty, aggressive, unneutered dalmatian is there
>dalmatian regularly runs down smaller dogs and pins them to the ground and snarls in their faces, bites their throats
>the park is pretty big so we keep away from it, but I still end up pulling shitty dalmatian off my puppy a few times
>douchebag owner comes running up every time "my dog's not aggressive! my dog's not aggressive!"
>yes it fucking is, stop bringing it into the fucking park
>multiple people have to pull the dalmatian off their dogs, ""authorities"" won't help because it's a nice area owned by a big luxury apartment company that literally gentrified the area and they don't want the cops around making it look like it's still the ghetto
>most people just leave when they see him and his shitty dog coming in

>fast forward 4+ months
>puppy hasn't been to the park for a long ass while due to health issues + life happening
>we arrive
>dalmatian is still fucking around
>realize this thing is like 30 pounds max and now my dog is fully grown and twice its size
>dalmatian doesn't fuck with my dog but continues fucking with the smaller ones
>my dog launches himself across the park and catapults into the dalmatian's side, knocking him off a smaller dog
>doesn't pin him or fight, just trots off
>sees the dalmatian bullying another dog
>repeat the rest of the hour

defender of the small, teaching thugs a lesson
>>
>>2430156
>I think homeless are stealing my eggs.
Honestly, let them take 'em. Better than giving them drug money.
Anyways, i'd say coyotes, dogs, mountain lions, lynxes, bobcats, or anything of that size could be doing it. A fox wouldn't be able to kill a healthy adult goose. Google chicken predator identification.
Regardless, prevention is the best (and often only) solution. Secure your coop; you won't be able to get rid of whatever's stealing your eggs whether it's a homeless person or a bear. If you kill them, more will show up.
>>
>>2429795
Pretty sure my ducks alpha-female attacked some jackasses loose ferret that was mauling one of my older ducks who was too old to get away.

Ended up having to put the older one down because she looked too injured to make suffer on, but I'm pretty sure the only reason the other one would be as injured as she was (thought she was going to lose an eye) was because she'd picked a fight with it.

Not the first time I've seen the flock try to chase off something scaring them, had a cat get chased off by them 9 years ago when we had ducklings, previous leader of the flock was the one initiating that.

Bloody frustrating having to slowly turn your duck pen into fort knox though.
>>
My dog mauled a Burglar.
>>
>>2430297
good doggo!
>>
>>2430156
Hopefully it's not a mink, they with desimate a flock over and over again, plus they're smart and that makes them hard to get rid of. Check out this forum, it might give you some clues as to what it it https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/poultry-predator-identification.18670/
>>
>>2430156
Stay up late with a weapon and catch what ever is doing it in the act, maybe install flood lights.
>>
I had a rabbit that mauled my neighbors collie who got in the yard. He chased my dogs all the time in play but he went for blood if a cat or stranger dog came in the yard.

Didn't have him unsupervised but the dog went for him, saw that he was also going for the dog and I had to run around like a jackass and haul this dog over my fence since my rabbit wanted to kill it.

I fucking miss that rabbit more than anything. He was so cuddly, bold and played fetch.
>>
File: 20170705_234550.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170705_234550.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Walked into my dad's room dark and took a pic of him.
>>
>>2430156
Around here the suspects would be bobcat or raccoon. Caught plenty of them in traps back in the day, usually coons though.

>>2429872
My chickens would do that sort of thing all the time. We would bring mice and rats to the chickens and peafowl and muscovies and guineas and all of them would swallow them whole. Not geese though, the posh little faggots.

Found three baby rabbits while working a field once. Eyes closed and everything. I wanted to see what the chickens would do (dang rabbits are garden eaters and these had just lost their den and were thus slated for extermination in any case). Held one out and the chicken just grabbed it and literally tore its face off and ate it, left the scalped / faceless screaming rabbit in my hand, the rest of the chickens took it from there. Not so much badass as the most completely fucked up thing I've ever personally seen.

>>2429795
I have a hawk. It is badass literally 100% of the time. It is never not badass.
>>
>>2430252
>>2430291
>>2430301
>>2430419
>>2430416
>>2430622
I think it has to be homeless. I live in rural Las Vegas, we have raccoons way south near water washes and such, but they aren't going to be traveling up this far north in the heat. They also aren't going to be scaling a six foot block wall with eggs, and something is stealing whole eggs and getting away with them.

Chicken egg production is down as well, and say what you want, nobody animal is going to open a chicken coupe up when fully closed and steal night chicken eggs, and potentially day eggs when I'm at work.

I wanted to think it was an owl or cat since this all happens very early in the morning, maybe a cat carrying them off, but it's unlikely with goose eggs. Unless we have a fucking bobcat in our area.

Finally, none of my geese or dead chickens have any bite marks, missing feathers, or look like they have even been in a fight, Just broken necks. Whatever is killing them isn't eating them as well.
>>
>>2430490
>>2430490
Prey species attacking predator species is always hilarious. Especially so when prey species is a badass and wins the fights.
>>
>>2430752
It is. I've seen cows and goats go for predators but while I raised rabbits growing up and had some chill large males that didn't put up with our dogs I really never thought rabbits as anything but soft dumb animals that die of fright.

I haven't had a rabbit since because I don't feel like I could ever get another that could compare to him.

Have a vicious wild hamster.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf06WJQ4FnE
>>
File: 1481757202141.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481757202141.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>2430578
what wrong with its legs
>lower
>>
File: 1408104258440.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408104258440.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1408104301948.jpg (164KB, 800x818px) Image search: [Google]
1408104301948.jpg
164KB, 800x818px
>>
File: 1408104970621.jpg (27KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1408104970621.jpg
27KB, 500x381px
>>
File: 1408104856826.jpg (124KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1408104856826.jpg
124KB, 600x450px
>>
now that i have soften you up with Pepsi
>>
>>2430578
Your mom is pretty fucked up for having a kid with a dog.
>>
File: 1411458063577.jpg (42KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1411458063577.jpg
42KB, 500x399px
>>
>>2430622
>Not so much badass as the most completely fucked up thing I've ever personally seen.

That's what you get for actually thinking animals would behave just like in Disney movies.
>>
>>2431337
1337 get
Now read the rest of the post and see if "Disneyfag" still works. I have a hawk to hunt with you dumb shit.
>>
>>2429795
One of our cats was having a romp outside when she came around the side of the garage. A bird swooped down out of a tree to defend its nest. She saw it coming and wall-jumped off the side of the boat to snatch the bird out of the air.
>>
>>2430790
The fuck?
>>
File: 1f8.png (85KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1f8.png
85KB, 350x262px
>>2430221
I had a collie named chloe when I was a child
rip chloe and chloe
>>
Hm... My budgies hang upside-down in their cage when I leave millet on top of it. That's pretty badass I guess?
>>
>>2429795
I have a chihuahua and German shepherd mix who protected my little sister from a violent homeless person. Not all chihuahuas are shit.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.