[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Dog Breed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16

File: istock_000011447534_small.jpg (488KB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
istock_000011447534_small.jpg
488KB, 1100x732px
What's the best dog breed and why is it the border collie?

Seriously though. The most intelligent dog and also absolutely adorable. It's not even fair for the rest of them.
>>
pitbulls
>>
>>2429660
Seconding this
>>
rough coat collie
>>
>>2429658
Bordie Collies are indeed the best doggo, but the black and white coat is pretty pedestrian. Real people get liver and white coats.
>>
>>2429839
Disgusting inferior collie.
>>
File: tumblr_mc9eqdpG0s1r6cv19o1_500.jpg (195KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc9eqdpG0s1r6cv19o1_500.jpg
195KB, 427x640px
I love collies and aussies. I wish I had enough room and energy to have one, they truly are the best breeds. Healthy, smart, and fuckin good looking. so cute.

About a year ago at a flea market I saw this woman selling dogs for really cheap, she said it was her last weekend trying to get rid of them there before she just gave them to the shelter. She had a litter of boarder collie puppies, like 3 months old, and I fell in love. There was this quiet sleepy pup in the corner of the pen and I asked her if I could hold the pup. She said yes, and I did, and we bonded like instantly. The woman told me the pup was the quiet one in the corner like all the time, no matter what, and I felt like that dog was mine. I'm basically mute and I have a hard time coming out of the corner.

But I was living with my parents at the time while I got back on my feet, my parents had like 10 cats, and I was about to move to another state in just a couple of weeks. Not to mention I really didn't have the money right then. So I put the dog back and left. I know I made the responsible choice but I still think about it all the time, I hope she's doin okay
>>
File: Capture.png (617KB, 597x448px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
617KB, 597x448px
I follow this border collie on instagram because he's so damn beautiful. His owner always posts adventure of them going /out/ and I'm so envious
>>
File: IMG-20160915-WA0000.jpg (237KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160915-WA0000.jpg
237KB, 1600x899px
>>2429660
Thirding
Pic related is mine a few months before she past away, was a big ol softy.
>>
>>2430344
Link? That is indeed a damn fine collie.
>>
>>2430356
>faggot posts pit bull just to shitpost
>retarded inbred nigger is fooled and thinks his kind is actually welcomed

I'm glad your dog is dead you stupid fucking cunt.
>>
>>2430366
Why is there so much hate for pits anyway?
>>
File: this is why.jpg (21KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
this is why.jpg
21KB, 475x355px
>>2430367
>why do people hate my dog who's greatest claim to fame is mauling children to death
>>
That's not a german shepherd OP
>>
>>2430373
Okay, sure, but isn't that because those are raised the wrong way? All my life I've been surrounded by pitbulls and even though they can be a bit irritated at times they never did anything else than growling, even when severely provoked.
And I may be wrong and the pits I've been around were odd ones, but to immediately hate a dog just for what another one of its race did just seems strange.
Do prove me wrong though.
>>
File: before and after.jpg (112KB, 561x389px) Image search: [Google]
before and after.jpg
112KB, 561x389px
>>2430392
>but isn't that because those are raised the wrong way

Funny, you never hear about a chocolab tearing a babysitter's face off, or a beagle murdering an entire family, or a newfoundland tearing a baby's throat out. Surely it happens just as often as a pitbull incident, right?

>All my life I've been surrounded by pitbulls
Oh, boy, here it comes

>they never did anything
There it is. Look, it's not a hard concept to grasp.
>Dogs can be bred for intelligence to follow complex commands?
Absolutely!
>Dogs can be bred for specific behavioral traits?
Yes! Retrievers fetch! Hello?
>Dogs can be bred to be as vicious as possible and as lethal as possible?
I... guess?
>Put bulls are bred to be as vicious as possible and as lethal as possible?
NO NO NO YOU FUCKING BIGOT THEYRE SWEET AND GOOFY ITS JUST BAD OWNERS

I get being attached to a dog that seems sweet and loveable. I really do. And if it just affected the owners who raised them, I'd have no problem with pit bulls whatsoever. But seeing so many incidents of a pitbull mauling a five year old to death and the owners staring wide-eyed into the news cameras like a deer in headlights?
>WE DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED SHE WAS SUCH A GENTLE GIANT ALWAYS PLAYFUL AND GOOFY NOBODY COULD POSSIBLY HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO PREVENT THIS SHE JUST SNAPPED

I am so tired of this boring old script with the shitty fucking owners raising and breeding these monsters facing no responsibility for the lives they ruin.
>>
>>2430386
Shepherds match Border collies in smarts, but not in cutes

its close though
>>
>>2430392
Problem is you still have to deal with nature, and yes in dogs that can trump nurture.i mean the mere existence of dogs in the first place gives enough evidence in my opinion that we can easily breed dispositions and behaviors. pit bull type dogs were not bred to babysit kids, alert you to if your barn is burning or anything like that, no they were bred to fight and be as aggressive as possible.

Now I will admit I fully believe you can provide enough nurture to over ride their nature, but the problem is every bully is different and there is still a slight risk they may snap on you for whatever reason. A risk that in my opinion is greater then other dogs. And the same thing applies to other dogs bred for aggressiveness including German shepherds
>>
>>2430366
Hi rebbit, glad to see you're making yourself at home.
>>
>>2430392
>>2430367
It's really just a nature vs nurture debate. it's been going on for thousands of years in psychology and people on /an/ think that they're going to solve it by arguing on 4chan or something

Some people think it's nature, some think it's nurture. Don't bother arguing because neither group will really listen to reason, just like people who hate cats or people who hate dogs on this board
>>
File: skeptical snektical.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical snektical.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>2430410
>anyone who holds a differing opinion is blebbit

I love this meme where people try to enforce the hugbox by accusing other posters of visiting hugbox: the website

>Captcha: Pine St STOP
>>
>>2430404
>Border collies
I really want to get a border collie, but half the year I feel like it would be too hot. :|
>>
>>2430415
you're even using reddit spacing. just fuck off
>>
File: the cutest dog in the universe.jpg (25KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
the cutest dog in the universe.jpg
25KB, 300x248px
>>2430417
where do you live anon? It's July. It'll be over soon. Just keep your pupper in front of the AC. Fan, if needed.

>Border Collie or GSD
You don't need to make this decision. Behold: Perfection.
>>
>>2430418

>PLEASE
>ENFORCE
>MY
>FAGGOT
>OPINIONS
>OR
>GET
>OUT
>OF
>MUH
>SEEKRIT
>CLUB
>REEE KEKISTAN 4EVER
>>
>>2430415
/an/ has been ok with pit bull type breeds for a decade. It wasn't until gamer gate that pit bull hate threads were taken seriously, and with gamer gate came a huge Exodus from Rebbit due to censorship. Now we have about 6 pit bull hate threads up, and 4chan has more normie traffic then ever before thanks to American elections. If you go to Reddit on their dogs page and type something up about pit bulls you will get pretty well shit on like how you are being here but more polite and more intelligent. It's not a better or worse thing, it's just two different cultures. The difference being is Rebbit is normalfag tier and can't even into chia pets
>>
>>2430428
>GAMERGATE IS WHY PEOPLE HATE CHILD-KILLERS
You're a fucking caricature.
>>
>>2430402
Okay, I understand what you mean and I'm not saying that pits are safe, but I think that the owners that think their pitbull is such a gentle giant that's always playful and goofy forget this, which will further increase the chance they could 'just snap'.
What I'm saying is that they're still dogs and even when they are bred to kill, they should also listen to the one in charge and those denying owners aren't.

Not trying to argue, just providing what I think and I also understand your reasoning.

>>2430409
>>2430412
The nature to kill will always remain, but how my pit was nurtured to be gentle and caring for those who she'd protect possible restrained that when with children, but when she'd go outside or a stranger would come in she'd go ballistic until the ones she'd protect would show they weren't a threat.

Basically, a pit can be caring, sweet and a goofball, but it still lives to kill and this seems to be forgotten by many who may think that it's cute that their pit nibbles on their children's fingers. And that is what's making it troublesome for someone who does keep in mind that your dog could hurt your child at any moment and who atleast knows how to discipline them to prevent this from happening when nearby.
>>
>>2430432
>reading comprehension
>>
File: senior-10.jpg (241KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
senior-10.jpg
241KB, 680x454px
Just why? Why would someone create something as ugly as a puggle?
>>
I don't have a dog, but from my research, I think I like the Saint Bernard best.
>>
>>2430373
Shitbulls are a terrible breed but they're more likely to maul your mother or girlfriend to death. Retrievers are the child maulers.
>>
>>2430432
That's not what was said whatsoever but nice try, hope you enjoy your summer here. Have fun and good luck.
>>
File: IMG_1641.jpg (31KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1641.jpg
31KB, 315x250px
>>2430464
Because it's actually a step up from its parent.
>>
>>2430404
>Shepherds match Border collies in smarts
No they don't.
>>
File: iphone-piccies-081.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-piccies-081.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>2430558
While I agree Border collie is best breed and I hope to own one literally as soon as I get a yard, GSD's are damn smart anon, and quite handsome looking doggo's.

Still got nothing on BC's though.
>>
>>2430563
Yes they're smart. Herding and working dogs in general are smart. But BCs are the smartest by far.
>>
>>2430567
Fuck off you utter cunt.
>>
>>2430358
https://www.instagram.com/endeavorsofego/
>>
File: IMG_20170711_213401.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_213401.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
>>2430402
>Beagle
The only way a beagle could kill anyone is eating all their food and the people starve to death
Pic related it's my faggot beagle boxer
>>
>>2430603
I knew that dog was a killer anon, you must hide your snacks quickly.
>>
>>2430402
I've always assumed it was the stupid owners who played tug-of-war with their pit bulls (which is their natural form of play) without teaching them boundaries. Pretty much every pitbull owner I've seen slaps their dog while playing tug-of-war saying "haha pitbull so strong" while it makes growling noises trying to win, not realizing they're training it to fight. They should instead train it to release, which gives the dog some control over their instinct.
>>
Why is it that collies don't seem to be used as working dogs (obviously outside of herding) to the same extent GSDs or goldens are? Or am I wrong about this?
>>
>>2431327
They're just the best for herding so breeders focus on that I guess. And other dogs are better for other jobs.
>>
>>2431327
Collies lack the sheer strength needed for police-work and don't have a mellow enough personality for therapy work. Individuals, yes. As a whole breed, no.
I could see them doing well in drug search, but I think they use smaller dogs for that since the little fuckers jump on luggage and crap. I don't know the real reason.
Search and Rescue prefers Labradors because SAR is basically the same thing as retrieving, just with people, but there are BCs that do SAR.
>>
>>2431360
>Have border collie
>Let it out on 10 acre property (80% woods)
>Runs fast as fuck off back deck
>Call her name
>Shows up five minutes later

Yeah they wouldn't be good for any work that requires a lot of focus
>>
File: 1498225591566s.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1498225591566s.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>2430367
There's not so much hate for the dogs as there is for the owners. Trained properly they're fine. The trouble is scumbags get them, don't teach them boundaries or self control, they hit them when they do something wrong, and they don't socialize them properly.
So basically, if I'm walking my collie and I see someone walking toward me with their pit, I'm mentally preparing myself to kick their dog in the throat at the drop of a hat
>>
I met a collie the other day. She had one white eye and the other was brown. Such a clever gaze. Played with her for a while and obeyed like she was mine. Definitely a very intelligent race.
>>
>>2431360
Money dog's are a thing anon, that is dogs that seek out money via scent not dogs made of money that would be ridiculous....

>>2431550
Man I'm so fucking jealous, even though I live right next to a guy that owns two I never seem to be out when he's out, awesome dog's though been watching crufts and 90% of the agility dog's are BC's, absolutely amazing.
>>
>>2430428
Jesus christ you're delusional.

Get some fresh air.
>>
>>2431541
>Owner buys dog for whatever reason
>Dog bites people
>This is the owners fault
>>
>>2431794
>People get a child for whatever reason
>Child hurts people
>This is its parents fault
Because in no way whatsoever does the one who raises said dog or child influence it in any way, right?
Or is it all of a sudden a whole other kind of problem because this isn't a dog, but a human child?
>>
>thread that has literally nothing to do with pitbulls devolves into pitbull shitposting
Well, this board was nice while it lasted but it's finally just too contaiminated. Just like the rest of 4chan.

Rip /an/
>>
>>2432595
Was literally thinking this, Shame it started off so nicely as well was hoping to have some crazy greentext stories about how majestic, cute and intelligent this breed is. In stead I get a couple of pics of BC's and a shitpost thread that would make any auzie go "CROIKEY M8 That's some quolitee shitpoast roight there."
>>
>>2432595
Ah, sorry, I'm not a /an/ regular so I won't be shitting up alot of posts. I'm mainly here for some of the generals.
I'm also the one that posted the pit earlier, while not knowing about this board's feelings about them.
>>
File: IMAG0055.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0055.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
best small breed coming through
>>
>>2429658
If BC is best doggo, then what is second best? Golden retriever?
GSD?
Husky?
>>
>>2432865
It's not even this boards. It's a small little group of posters not from here who have to derail every thread they can and turn it into an anti pitbull shitstorm. It's not your fault you wanted to post your doggo and have fun in a doggo thread.

There's literally a 200 post anti pitbull thread. Keep it there and don't mess up other threads.
>>
>>2432887
what is this?? Cute.
>>
>>2434496
border terrier
>>
>>2430415
Ahaetulla
>>
>>2429839
This. They are smarter with less problems and don't need to be on a treadmill 24/7 to not destroy your house. On top of that they are much cuter and have greater variety.

>>2430054
You are a disgusting inferior human
>>
>>2431327
Collies are too good to be wasted in the hands of the government. They are supposed to be pampered after a hard days work, not shoved into some God awful kennel run by high school drop outs.
>>
>>2430373
if you raise a yorkshire "the wrong way" it still can't do thid to people.

I'm so tired of that stupid excuse. I dog that strong was not supposed to be handed out to everyone the same way you don't give weapons around.

People are stupid and an animal strong as that is a lethal weapon. Bane them. No kidding, I see no point having one of this breeds but little dick compensation and bragging to your friends in the ghetto (white, black, green, work-ghetto, school-ghetto - ghetto mentality)
>>
>>2436536
this reply was meant to
>>2430392

not
>>2430373
>>
File: 1476820153929.jpg (165KB, 571x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476820153929.jpg
165KB, 571x720px
>>2431380
>Yeah [border collies] wouldn't be good for any work that requires a lot of focus

Holy shit. Have you not seen trained border collies doing tricks and math and shit? I've never seen a dog be so intensely focused than those border collies waiting for the trainer to say 'find the thing!' before it runs off and finds the thing and does a couple backflips.

Just because you let yours run wild in the back yard doesn't mean the whole breed lacks focus.
>>
>tfw you want a bc but don't want to dedicate your entire life to a dog
>>
>>2436677
>tfw you want a BC but have no house yet so you set out to buy a house with a garden big enough for a BC and work 5 years to earn enough money to afford it, wait for it to come on the market, blackmail the owners of the house to lower the price to a tenth of it's value and live in a mansion for £100,000 with the dog of your dreams.
>>
>>2436677
I'm willing to dedicate my life to a dog, but I work 8 hours a day and I'm still not sure it's safe to leave a puppy alone for that long, even if I dedicate the rest of my day to it...
>>
>>2429660
>>2430356
>>2430366
I see pit bulls get hate all over this board but my friend has one that he got middle aged from a shitty owner and he is not that great of an owner, but every time I go to his house the pit bull immediately runs up to me and starts begging for petting. When we sit down he acts like he's a small dog and tries to jump on my lap which ends up having the front half on me abd him sitting their while I give him scratches and petting him. I won't lie, when I first met him I was terrified, but when I got to know him, I realized he was a teddy bear. Plus, my roommate says he has scared away robbers before just by running at them for a good petting. Seems like a good dog if you live in a shitty area and aren't an inhuman piece of shit
>>
>>2432911
My vote goes to GSD.
>>
>>2437021
Protip: pit bull hate had an uprising when /an/ became a default board on clover. Before newfags, it was always hate on the owners. Now newfags actually outnumber everyone who has an ounce of knowledge that's animal or nature related
>>
>>2432911
Since mixed breeds are supposed to be healthier than purebreds, would the best mix be border collie x golden retriever? Combining two of the best dogs into one seems like it would make the ultimate doggo.
>>
>>2437162
The issue with mixed breeds is the traits are no longer predictable. Even if the mix was bred by reputable breeders who were attentive to genetic traits, due to multiple heterozygous recessive traits you could see things pop up that wasn't present in one or both breeds. So it may not act at all like how you'd think it would act.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.