[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concentrated Wasp Venom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 001.jpg (501KB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
501KB, 1800x1350px
Hey /an/, I didn't really know what other board to post this on, or who would appreciate it, but I had an adventure in toxinology today on a whim. I had to kill an underground yellow jacket nest for my parents, and it was a hard fought battle alright, only stung a total of three times, but I killed around 200 yellow jackets in total. Today, I separated their abdomens, which took a good bit of time, from the rest of their body in an attempt to extract the venom. Pic related is what ~185 yellow jackets look like in a small mortar/pestle bowl.
>>
File: 003.jpg (473KB, 1700x1275px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
473KB, 1700x1275px
>>2428792
Here we are about halfway through the grinding process. added about 8ml of water to aid with the disintegration, hopefully that was ok to cut with and won't dilute the venom. The goop took on a nasty green tinge and smelled even worse.
>>
File: 002.jpg (695KB, 1700x2266px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
695KB, 1700x2266px
>>2428792
a quick pic of the discarded wasp halves. Separating them was easier said then done at first, but with a small hobby knife I quickly got into the motion of severing them at the petiole without damaging the abdomen.
>>
>>2428792
>>2428794
why do you want wasp venom? torture?
>>
File: 004.jpg (640KB, 1700x2266px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
640KB, 1700x2266px
>>2428792
After around fifteen minutes of grinding and the addition of around 10ml more of water, The serum was completed. This contains the venom of 185 yellow jackets, and my question to you, /an/, is there anyone here who can tell me if injecting this would be potent in any way to another life form? Did I dilute the venom too greatly with water or will that be ineffectual? How dangerous would an injection of this substance the size of a full standard hypodermic needle be to a nonallergic human? I am considering capturing a field mouse, or small sunfish, to test on, but wouldn't know a thing about dosage size at all for something as small.
>>
File: 005.jpg (767KB, 1700x2266px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
767KB, 1700x2266px
>>2428797
To be honest, I'm just curious. No intention of using it on another human at all, but how powerful would one reckon the venom of 185 yellow jackets and a few ml of water is?
In reality, I'm a second year insect ecology student in university who happened upon lots of dead wasps and was bored. What else was I to do, I couldn't waste them.
>>
File: bitch hold on.jpg (73KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bitch hold on.jpg
73KB, 702x1024px
>>2428800
humans are immune to wasp venom, the venom isn't what causes a reaction, it's the inflammatory response. however in such large dosage as that, it could cause harm to a small child if you made him down the entire bottle. a hypothermic needle to a mouse could probably kill it with that stuff though. but why the fuck do you want to utilize wasp venom as a source of harm?
>>
Post this shit on /k/ for the keks
>>
>>2428805
So it won't kill a nonallergic human? I have a friend who said he would be ballsy enough to try it, and I told him I didn't think it would be a good idea. My rudimentary knowledge of wasp venom tells me that It simply stimulates pain in humans, so would a dose this large cause incredible pain?
I'm also not talking about ingesting, I'm talking about a direct injection. I was under the impression that most venom is harmless if not uptaken directly through the bloodstream.
>>
>>2428812
incredible pain, absolutely terrible pain and it would last for days easily. he may fall ill just from the amount of energy his immune system is using to fix it, so he'll probably be throwing up and shitting everywhere also. [spoiler]don't fucking do it[/spoiler]
>>
>>2428812
Again, why the fuck do you want to utilize wasp venom as a source of harm?
>>
>>2428816
Again, no intention of using this maliciously, I was simply curious of the concept and had a large supply of dead venomous creatures. When showed the completed product to some friends one of them claimed he would inject it into himself which I dismissed as a bad idea. I will probably keep it around for the novelty of it. I'm not crazy.
>>
>>2428812
You already failed whatever course you are taking in regards to insects.

Should've wasted your time removing all the stingers from them and threading them together onto a glove. Giving you a single bee-slap to use on someone.

Now if you want deadly poison, just add bleach to literally anything and inject it In large quantities to achieve the same result.
>>
>>2428817
If you do, clean out the bottle and strain your concoction until it loses that murky appearance.
It looks better that way
I used to have a long thin vial thing filled with rattlesnake venom, cut the venom out myself, had it for 2 years before I realized owning snake venom was stupid and disposed of it.
>>
File: 1499106174127.jpg (45KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
1499106174127.jpg
45KB, 374x503px
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>2428792
At least run that shit through a coffee filter goddamn it's green as shit.
>>
>>2428818
I had considered taking the long way and doing just that, that being removing the venom glands alone and simply using them, but I was concerned with the fragility of the venom sac and just how damn long that would take, I was rather impatient this time around. There is a sizable nest of Dolichovespula I will have to take care of eventually, and I have considered repeating the process- their venom is allegedly more painful than a simple yellowjacket.
I am more of a taxonomy guy anyways, chemistry and toxicology is a weak area for me, that's why I came here for second opinions.
>>
>>2428802
Oh and after straining it, make a wax seal under the cork and over it.

Tie a dark red ribbon around it and make a small tag with a skull and crossbones

Make that thing look awesome.
>>
>>2428812
don't listen to that asshole. the drop in blood pressure due to the norepinephrine response would surely kill the average man
>>
There's an upcoming civil war so you may have a use for it yet.
>>
>>2428828
Pic of the bottle
>>
Alright OP, there are a number of reasons this didn't work.
First, there is an extremely minute quantity of venom in each abdomen, meaning the original mash you made was already extremely dilute.
Adding water definitely diluted it way too much.
Second, The contents of the abdomen mixed with said water would've swung the pH all over the place, all the proteins in the venom were most likely denatured and rendered inactive.

So essentially, there is no way your liquid would ever harm anything you stuck it into, short of dumping the whole thing into a massive syringe and dying of embolism.
>>
>>2428864
>wasp-abdomen embolism
pretty sure this is how they execute political prisoners in Myanmar.
>>
File: 7644784_orig.jpg (43KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
7644784_orig.jpg
43KB, 620x320px
I sense a supervillain in the making itt.
>>
Does the venom not biodegrade?
>>
>>2428948
It does, also there isn't enough.
>>
Holy fuck /an/ attracts the most autistic ops of any board.
>>
>>2428848

A second civil war would escalate into WW3 quicker than shit. The US is too important on the world stage for Europe and Asia to not interfere, probably on the side of the Left.

For that reason, it would never happen.
>>
>>2428792
wasp venom causes pain mostly with histamine and serotonin, both of which get denatured really quickly in even weak acid and most certainly that has happened the moment you mashed all of that stuff together (and who knows what else)

secondly destroying cells like that releases all the enzymes they use to digest stuff, so they undergo autolysis
even if the venom was not denaturated from the low pH it would have been digested by that

so in short: the venom is gone, completely

>>2428802
>second year insect ecology
did they not make you take biochemistry? also you should know what autolysis is
>>
>>2428960
Yeah, but getting to inject someone with wasp venom would make it all wortwhile.
>>
Just order some scorpion or spider online and extract its venom normally if you want to fuck someone up.
>>
File: IMG_5532.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5532.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>2428792
No, there is no venom left. On top of that, injecting something with a bunch of particulate matter is a great way for pic related to happen. And no, a coffee filter isn't sufficient to get all the solids out. Gangrene is no joke.
>>
>>2428978
yummy
>>
>>2428812
Uhh you just ground up the whole abdomen right? Like where the digestive tract and partially digested food is? That shit is not sterile it is absolutely not safe to inject someone with
>>
>>2428802
Centrifuge that shit anon, that looks disgusting

Also that smell is probably all the wasp shit you just liberated
>>
>>2428800
>>2428802
Drink it, faggot.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.