[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Eagles so pathetic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: eaglelets.gif (2MB, 409x304px) Image search: [Google]
eaglelets.gif
2MB, 409x304px
Why are Eagles so pathetic?
>>
Those are hawks. Hawks have been known to also eat owls.
>>
>>2428133
because it is night time, most birds are complete shit in the darkness. They are so completely and totally reliant on their sight for hunting that putting them in darkness makes them automatically calm down and go into a stand by mode. on the flipside, Owls become like that in the day when the hawks are about
>>
eagle
>>
>>2428179
eagle
>>
>>2428186
eagle
>>
>>2428187
eagle
>>
>>2428191
eagle
>>
>>2428204
Eagle
>>
>>2428208
eagle
>>
anyone else noticed that birds can't see at all in the dark?
not pitch black, but like lights out where a homan can see easily
>>
>>2428221
that's why owls exist
>>
>>2428221
yes, see >>2428177
I even seen some bird houses at zoos do something really interesting where every enclosure in the building has no glass or cage wall separating the exhibit from the corridors you walk through. Just a railing barrier and ditch to keep the guests from getting inside, and also the corridor is not lighted at all, the guests walk in the dark. That darkness alone is enough to keep the birds from flying out of their lighted enclosure, it's really neat.
>>
>>2428240
Owls are the badass of hunting, silent fliers, perfect night vision, but flip on a light switch and their docile goofy looking bastards.

Except barn owls..they look like their planning something evil
>>
>>2428251
I've noticed my cockatiels have extremely poor night vision, much worse than humans. And the amount of light also strong affects their energy levels: turning down the lights will make them drowsy very quickly.
>>
>>2428283
yeap, which is also why you need to be careful when using cage covers. It is recommended to use them when the cage is in a room that could have lights being switched on and off numerous times at night before being turned off for the night so you don't mess with their sleeping mechanisms too much, but by the same token you absolutely must remember to always take it off during the day that can really mess with them.

there are so many little quirks like that in a bird's biology because they are so specialized in order to be able to fly.
>>
>>2428240
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>2428369
I have all sides but the one with the openings covered at all times with a moderately thick white tablecloth that lets in a bit of light. Cage is always open except for in the night, and he likes to go back in to take mid-day naps so a slightly gloomy cage suits him well.

At night he'll go in there himself and yell for me to turn of all the lights and pull the cover down over the last side so he can go to sleep.
>>
>>2428221
>birds are being shits
>won't go back in cage when needed
>close curtains so its dim but not dark
>usher them onto my hand, reassure them quietly and slowly put them into cage

Its such a useful bird hack
>>
>>2428138
I guess it's an American thing but it seems more likely that these are common buzzards (of which some species are named hawks, hence my assumption about you being an American)
>>
>>2428462
True. Kites maybe. Now that I look closer their beaks are pretty thin and narrow.
Buzzards here are turkey vultures and black vultures, and I am drowning here in hawks.
>>
>>2428454
See also: falconry hoods.

It's like a chill pill, except it goes on the face and not in it.
>>
stale /vp/ memes arent gonna win you any friends here anon
>>
>>2428462
yeah over here if you call something a buzzard, it's a vulture, specifically the Turkey Vulture. It might be because they look so similar from a silhouette seen from below and turkey vultures are so damn common that the terminology came from mistaken identity.
>>
eagles suck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR8ipX76qik
>>
>>2428472
>Kites
That was my second guess, but I was too unsure about it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.