[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: okja.jpg (117KB, 1200x631px) Image search: [Google]
okja.jpg
117KB, 1200x631px
Have you seen Okja? Not gonna lie, it made me cry.
>>
>>2428057
I did, I nearly cried too before I remembered they were all CGI. What is the gestation period on those things? Shouldn't Okja have had her pup by the ending scene or did it just not take? Also the Animal group in that, APF right? Pretty sure that's a real group
>>
>>2428184
>Also the Animal group in that, APF right?
ALF, and yes, they're a real group. They're an actual terrorist group.

PETA will steal your dog and euthanize it but ALF will burn your house down first.

The movie didn't really move me. I wasn't able to suspend my disbelief.

>"farmer" girl is surprised when the livestock animal she raised is going to be eaten

>ALF is obviously supposed to be "the good guys"

>"rape" scene horrifying the ALF members to the point where they vomit and cry

>after putting a little girl's life in danger to take her pig, the big bad meat Monsant-stand-in company doesn't go full damage-control mode and allow her to keep it for the good publicity

>even though they have literal fields full of breeding population + fully-grown super-pigs ready for the slaughter, the big bad meat company needs THAT one super-pig

>the director says this movie was made with an anti-mass-produced-meat message, but showed one of the cleanest and most efficient-looking abattoirs I've ever seen

>hurr durr GMOs are bad because they're not natural, not because Monsanto is copyrighting plants, monopolizing the farming industry, and muscling small farmers out of jobs and land

there were some funny parts like the girl in the pig hat trying to get a selfie with okja while running for her life, but the movie's message was too hamfisted and unbelievable. they should have also created a fictional animal rights group rather than sugar-coating the ALF.
>>
>>2428057
I wanted a cute story about a girl and her giant pet, like a Miyazaki movie. I really liked the beginning actually. When they took her the first time I was like "fuck, this movie is going to make a statement" but I still enjoyed it. Just wish they hadn't tried so hard to make everyone cry. I'm also tired of creators' opinons being shoved into everything they make.
>>
I don't really go for these kinds of movies but my gf wanted to watch it & I was in the room reading. Most of it seemed like blatant propaganda. But it was pretty humorous. The end fucking killed me though [spoiler]when the two parent superpigs throw themselves on the electric fence to save their poor little baby superpig from death. This made everything seem so much worse because this means that the superpigs are also super intelligent & they know they are being slaughtered.
So it's basically a Holocaust prision [/spoiler]
>>
>>2428227
The ALF are absolutely not terrorists and they were accurately portrayed. A friend of mine is currently in solitary confinement solely for trying to save animals in fur farms. They really do have a credo to not harm anyone human or non-human, and this movie is great because it's one of the first times the ALF isn't wrongfully demonized and had their acts blown out of proportion. The animal abusers are the actual terrorists. And you sound like a shill, especially given your apparent experience with abattoirs.

Also, you missed a few key things in the film. The farmer girl wanted to buy back Okja, but they wouldn't allow that because they needed Okja because she was critical in their ten year plan to make an event of the unveiling of the best super pig. She never wanted Okja to be eaten, as she grew up with her.

The ALF literally are the good guys.

The rape scene would make ALF members cry and possibly vomit but I don't remember seeing them vomit...

The more sadistic sister had taken over at the point you'd expect them to go full damage-control, and she made it clear she didn't give a fuck and the public wouldn't give a fuck as long as it was cheap and tasted good. An extremely valid point considering the state of food production in the U.S.

The GMO's being bad being used as a main point actually annoyed me too because it was so irritatingly true that people care more about things not being "natural" than animals being killed and tortured.
>>
>>2428563
You think regular sows don't know their babies will be tortured and slaughtered? I've seen them shriek and fight as much as they could to try to stop their babies from having their testicles ripped out in front of them. They have the intelligence of 3 year olds. Cows are the same and mourn the loss of their babies.
>>
>>2428565
>The ALF are absolutely not terrorists
>animal abusers are the actual terrorists.
a terrorist is someone that uses violence (against humans) to promote a political (or ideological) view.
animal abuse is not a political view. Animal abusers don't inflict violence on people to protect the right to abuse animals, so they are not terrorists.

Animal rights is a political view. inflicting violence on people in the name of animal rights is terrorism. Thus ALF is a terrorist organization.

I just thought you should be aware, since you seem to have no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>2428570
Well that's fucking terrible
>>
>>2428586
You're obnoxiously retarded. The ALF DON'T use violence. How many times does that have to be said? Let's think about this for a second. Does freeing animals cause terror? No.
Does torturing animals then killing them cause terror? Yes.

So if you can get away with calling people who free animals from abusive situations terrorists, I can call the ones abusing them terrorists. You fuckwit.
>>
>>2428590
They've literally burned down buildings with people inside of them.
>>
>>2428590
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/animal-rights-extremism-and-ecoterrorism

Lol
>>
>>2428681
They're not the ALF then.
>>
>>2428681
Source.
>>
>>2428227
>ALF
I tried searching this but only Alf came up.
>>
>>2428227
>>"farmer" girl is surprised when the livestock animal she raised is going to be eaten
They had chickens and they ate fish but okja was unique so she wasn't used to killing superpigs or anything. Also, she had clearly bonded with okja which is why she was shocked when her grandpa let them take her. Specially after he told her he had bought her
>>ALF is obviously supposed to be "the good guys"
Didn't know about ALF before seeing the film so i have no comment. They did seem like a too good to be true organization though
>>"rape" scene horrifying the ALF members to the point where they vomit and cry
Read above
>>after putting a little girl's life in danger to take her pig, the big bad meat Monsant-stand-in company doesn't go full damage-control mode and allow her to keep it for the good publicity
That's what they were trying to do but they wanted to do it in public so everyone would get the message. After new york their public image was kinda fucked but assumed people wouldnt care
>>even though they have literal fields full of breeding population + fully-grown super-pigs ready for the slaughter, the big bad meat company needs THAT one super-pig
The point is that the CEO didn't care. She just didn't see a good reason to give up a pig that's her property. That's why she was willing to sell her at the end
>>the director says this movie was made with an anti-mass-produced-meat message, but showed one of the cleanest and most efficient-looking abattoirs I've ever seen
You're autistic
>>hurr durr GMOs are bad because they're not natural, not because Monsanto is copyrighting plants, monopolizing the farming industry, and muscling small farmers out of jobs and land
Yeah, the movie's message about gmos was half assed but i think that the main focus was corporate farming and that aspect was really well developed
>>
>>2428714
>the crusades weren't done by christians because real christians wouldn't kill
>all the failed communist countries failed because they weren't really communist
>my uncle angus isn't a true scotsman because he puts sugar on his porridge
>>
>>2428227
The girl was lied to by that pervy old man into thinking they owned the pig. They were going to let her keep it as damage control but the league fucked it up by being terrorists. After that, her bitch sister took over whom I guess is like the Disney villain and she wanted all the pigs to get on the market before the news spread so people could taste it and buy it. they wanted that pig because it was super tasty or whatever and her meat would be given to the critics, right (I wasn't paying attention at that part)? But of course Disney character didn't care after that and wanted them all indiscriminately slaughtered. I'm pretty sure the animal group was satire. I mean the one faggot didn't eat food because it's rape or some shit. As far as I am aware, those pigs weren't really slaughtered too much yet (they were not on market) so I don't think it would have gotten too dirty, but I do agree they should have made it disgusting for more shock value.

Honestly to me the movie was more of a point about how absolutely useless animal rights groups are. I really did hate the preachy tone of it though, wish it could have been more subtle. Still gonna eat cows either way.

>>2428586
In this movie the meat industry made a point to try and seriously hurt and maybe kill people. At least the animal fuckers went with the path of least harm possible. That was a big portion of the movie actually, it must have been hinted at at least 5 times of not more, and blatantly said twice.
>>
>>2428734
>In this movie the meat industry made a point to try and seriously hurt and maybe kill people. At least the animal fuckers went with the path of least harm possible. That was a big portion of the movie actually, it must have been hinted at at least 5 times of not more, and blatantly said twice.

we're talking about in real life, where the ALF has burned down buildings and actively targeted people.
>>
>>2428681
No, they actually haven't. The only death that the ALF ever caused was when a member making an incendiary bomb killed themselves.

They do not meet your definition of terrorists, unless you count property damage as violence. That being said, they are considered a terrorist group by the FBI.

One of the main 5 tenets: "To take all necessary precautions against harming any animal, human and non-human."

>>2428721
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_Front
>>
>>2428227
>>ALF is obviously supposed to be "the good guys"
the director straight up stated that both sides were supposed to be more morally gray, and that only the little girl and her pet are the truly 'good' characters
>>
>>2428057
>>2428570

You're full of shit, they have no idea you are castrating, they just know that you took their baby and it's making a pain call, the exact same thing would have happened had you been giving it a shot to save it's life. And cows don't mourn dead calves, they look for them for a day or two and then give up and go about their business like they never had a calf to begin with.>>2428590
>The ALF DON'T use violence. How many times does that have to be said?

In June 2006, the ALF claimed responsibility for a firebomb attack on UCLA researcher Lynn Fairbanks, after a firebomb was placed on the doorstep of a house occupied by her 70-year-old tenant; according to the FBI, it was powerful enough to have killed the occupants, but failed to ignite.

Animal liberation press officer Jerry Vlasak said of the attack: "force is a poor second choice, but if that's the only thing that will work ... there's certainly moral justification for that."

Hall said that, as a result of the documentary, he was abducted, tied to a chair, and had the letters "ALF" branded on his back, before being released 12 hours later with a warning not to tell the police.[71]
ALF activist Donald Currie was jailed for 12 years and placed on probation for life in December 2006 after being found guilty of planting homemade bombs on the doorsteps of businessmen with links to HLS.[68] HLS director Brian Cass was attacked by men wielding pick-axe handles in February 2001, an attack so serious that Detective Chief Inspector Tom Hobbs of Cambridgeshire police said it was only by sheer luck that they were not starting a murder inquiry.[69] David Blenkinsop was one of those convicted of the attack, someone who in the past had conducted actions in the name of the ALF.

And the part that takes the cake is they just made up a bullshit definition for violence so they can claim that their actions don't constitute violence in their eyes.
>>
Would be good if they didn't make it ugly as fuck.
>>
After watching this movie, I never knew the ALF took proper translations so seriously
>>
File: HippityHoppity.jpg (135KB, 224x488px) Image search: [Google]
HippityHoppity.jpg
135KB, 224x488px
>>2428565
>A friend of mine is currently in solitary confinement solely for trying to save animals in fur farms
Kek
>>
>>2428714
Communist detected.
>>
>>2428057
>supposed to be a pig
>actually a pink hippo
???
>>
>>2428768
He didn't do a very good job of showing that. He tried, like when the "leader" of the ALF group beat the shit out of their translator, but all he showed was that the ALF were extremists while their intentions remained inherently good in the movie, while Mirando corp was portrayed as inherently bad.

It's like having your charming, witty, ninja master half-cat-angel-demon character trip on a log and saying that clumsiness is a character flaw and therefore she's not a Mary-sue. You tried, but you were shit at it.
>>
>>2428991
We will probably view Mirando Corp as bad because we like animals, but if you think about it they were actually making a creature that would potentially end world hunger while consuming less and excreting less than normal pigs. The super pigs I imagine were not specifically created to be as intelligent as they were. Many people probably didn't even know how smart they were
>>
>>2428227
>ALF
>terrorists
Lol
>>
>>2428728
>the crusades weren't done by christians because real christians wouldn't kill
Careful, there are Christians stupid enough to actually use this logic. I know one.
>>
It was ok.
I now want an intelligent super cute super pig.
I cried when they all howled like walruses in unison after the two pigs rolled their baby towards Okja and she saved it.
I'm also a girl and cry about literally any movie ever.
>>
>>2428057
I didn't but that looks retarded and goofy as fuck
>>
>>2428227
>>the director says this movie was made with an anti-mass-produced-meat message, but showed one of the cleanest and most efficient-looking abattoirs I've ever seen
You could tell it was clean because it didn't slaughter a hog every 10 seconds.
>>
>>2428586
>animal abuse is not a political view
it super is
>>
>>2428057
The rape scene was the result of poor writing. There's no valid reason as to why Okja would have been allowed to be raped if she was the showcase animal. The only reason she was raped was because there had to be a consequence for ALF forcing Okja to go to NY. If she wasn't raped then all in all it wouldn't have been bad at all.

>LE ANTIFA ANIMAL LOVERS
>GO VEGAN
>CORPORATIONS ARE BAD!
>>
>>2428057
Not gonna lie, when I first saw that thing I thought it was a hippo with Down Syndrome.
>>
>>2428570
Yes they mourn the loss of the young. But they don't have the intelligence to plan and execute pushing it out of a fence and concealing it with the help of another animal in order to escape
>>
>>2428057
FUCK YEAA MATE
>>
>>2432816
Wow I'm sure glad you didn't lie [/sarcasm]
>>
>>2432797
the whole idea was they wanted to breed the best super pig. Okja was the best super pig and they wanted more like her. If a dog wins first prize at a show, wouldn't you want to breed it?
>>
>>2428184
I assumed she didn't take, but I also don't remember if they told you how much time had passed since returning home.
>>
>>2432797
They wanted to breed her. The reason she ended up being shipped off to be eaten by the end of the movie was because Nancy took over the operation and didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>2433008
>>2433197
Yeah but why wouldn't they wait until after the showcase to breed it? She was very articulate about making sure Okja looks good for the presentation.
>>
>>2433321
Can most people tell that you've had sex in the last 24 hours?
>>
Not gonna lie, i wanna try some super pig meat.
>>
The super pigs were made by combining hippo and pig genes right?
>>
>>2428565
>waaaa my friend went to jail because they released fur farm animals into the wild to a slow inevitable death/caused ecological damage by releasing an invasive species
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 574x863px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 574x863px
>>2433352
The heroin addiction kind of gives it away at this point
>>
>>2433352
You saw how big and rough the fucking thing was. Why put it through that trauma right at that moment?
>>
>>2428681
WTF I hate fake Scotsmen now!
>>
>>2435442
So it could get pregnant and create another prized super pig before it went back home the very next day with the chinks. They were originally giving the pig back, remember?
>>
>>2428925
It's a genetically engineered animal that probably combines traits of multiple species, including humans. Though not explicitly stated as such Okja appears to have human level intelligence and humanoid teeth. They might have used human DNA to produce meat contains everything we need, mainly us.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.